Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Prime: Update 30.3 PC QOL Preview!

[DE]Rebecca

Would be cool, if the ai pilot would actually destroy the weakpoints in some missions.

Now when i play solo, i have to hack the terminal, get to the railjack, destroy the weapoint of the station/ship and get back into the station/ship, rinse and repeat 3 times...

Interesting choices for QoL changes, nothing about removing the tie from syndicate standing to the cosmetic sigals so we can actually use other ones or nice fashion without a big glowy symbol on our chests/back? people have asked for this for YEARS.

No UI change to make boss nodes more apparent? 8 years later and its still a pain in the tail going and hunting out a specific boss and their drops when there's so many nodes all the same size and color. Surely by now we can have a lil picture icon on the map or something once we've seen them?

How about something simple like letting us share resource and mod pickups with teammates so they don't have to be running about hunting things I've killed behind them, or trail behind me as i fly up front slaying?

Maybe Increase enemy spawns when you split off from teammates? it's ridiculous how if one person runs off and they're the lucky one they get ALL the spawns and the rest of the team fight nothing. 

Or How about removing the affinity range limit so we don't have to constantly be within a tiny 50m of a teammate. In some rooms that's a single room distance. With just how much there is to level in game surely gimping us this way is entirely unnecessary now.

This is just a few of the more important changes than simply messing with MORE RAILJACK and new player stuff again. 

il y a une heure, LuckyCharm a dit :

Interesting choices for QoL changes, nothing about removing the tie from syndicate standing to the cosmetic sigals so we can actually use other ones or nice fashion without a big glowy symbol on our chests/back? people have asked for this for YEARS.

No UI change to make boss nodes more apparent? 8 years later and its still a pain in the tail going and hunting out a specific boss and their drops when there's so many nodes all the same size and color. Surely by now we can have a lil picture icon on the map or something once we've seen them?

How about something simple like letting us share resource and mod pickups with teammates so they don't have to be running about hunting things I've killed behind them, or trail behind me as i fly up front slaying?

Maybe Increase enemy spawns when you split off from teammates? it's ridiculous how if one person runs off and they're the lucky one they get ALL the spawns and the rest of the team fight nothing. 

Or How about removing the affinity range limit so we don't have to constantly be within a tiny 50m of a teammate. In some rooms that's a single room distance. With just how much there is to level in game surely gimping us this way is entirely unnecessary now.

This is just a few of the more important changes than simply messing with MORE RAILJACK and new player stuff again. 

It's said at the beginning of the post that this is only a preview :

Le 21/05/2021 à 16:10, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

This post is a preview of what you can expect - these are highlights, and only a fraction of the Update notes that await you next week. 

Well, I suspect there will inevitably be some dissatisfaction when the full patchnote is available, but let's wait until it is here to complain.

Shout out to @[DE]CoreyOnline for hitting me with that unexpected Vor Meme in the clan ui refix extra-message of the day~ lol

cant wait to see what alliance screen looks like

could we please have the ability to set custom ''Prerequisite'' messages for the various permissions ranks in our clan? 

example:

Architect: Reach Mastery Rank 20, Complete Steel Path

General: Forma Vauban 1k Times

could we ALSO please have the ability to set RANK BASED (permissions based) Access to individual rooms/functions in our dojos?

this way we could give specific access to various rooms to certain ranks or members, allowing a more widespread and less accident/sabotage prone decorator permission

example: 

clan hall: everyone with clan permissions of 2nd tier or higher can decorate and use trading terminal

clan greater hall: only members of general rank can decorate and use trading terminal and treasury

elevator: only specific players can utilize

edit: still patiently waiting for the dojo's ''spawn point here'' decoration uwu

On 2021-05-21 at 10:10 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

‘Abort Mission’ will now update to ‘Leave Mission’ in the pause menu after successfully completing a Railjack mission. 

• It will also prompt a new message that better describes what will occur: “Leave Mission: You will keep mission rewards and XP earned to this point, but will disconnect from your squad. Are you sure you want to leave this mission?” vs. the previous “Abort Mission: You will keep progress but forfeit the completion rewards and bonuses. Are you sure you want to abort this mission?”

THANK YOU!! This was very much needed  when this patch comes out also cant wait for gara prime 

On 2021-05-21 at 7:10 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

However - PC Tenno will notice their download size is 2.2 GB. There’s a few reasons why.

Is this one of those Great Ensmallening patches, where we download 2.2 gigs in order to free up 1.5 gigs? Or is the game just 2.2 gigs bigger now?

17 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Is this one of those Great Ensmallening patches, where we download 2.2 gigs in order to free up 1.5 gigs? Or is the game just 2.2 gigs bigger now?

No, its Mainline update, so QoL updates in one single batch

sad to see no kuva zarr etc this update, really hopeful that you're not going to release kuva lich content at the same time as granum liches - having to farm both simultaneously sounds awfully tedious

On 2021-05-21 at 6:00 PM, Daken333 said:

...1 million credits isnt a lot 

how does it delay the need to socialize? "oh, can u help me farm credits?" ive never seen anyone asking to farm credits anyways 

To be fair, with the amount of credits we are given at the end of Railjack/Profit_Taker, i rarely see those dedicated credit runs, but newer players do have troubles getting through standings required to get to PT, or they don't have any good RJ squad or clan. I do see occasional Index runs for this reason

On 2021-05-23 at 11:29 AM, PookieNumnums said:

could we please have the ability to set custom ''Prerequisite'' messages for the various permissions ranks in our clan? 

example:

Architect: Reach Mastery Rank 20, Complete Steel Path

General: Forma Vauban 1k Times

could we ALSO please have the ability to set RANK BASED (permissions based) Access to individual rooms/functions in our dojos? this way we could give specific access to various rooms to certain ranks or members, allowing a more widespread and less accident/sabotage prone decorator permission

example: 

clan hall: everyone with clan permissions of 2nd tier or higher can decorate and use trading terminal

clan greater hall: only members of general rank can decorate and use trading terminal and treasury

elevator: only specific players can utilize

Isn't "decorator" enough? if someone will get decorator, no matter the other room access, a player will "sabotage" anyway regardless of your "room limitation", if it's that player intention. Still will empty your vault, but just with the usage of that one room, still will put plenty garbage in your dojo... Just think of who do you trust.

On the other hand - decorator with no space to work isn't really a decorator

On 2021-05-22 at 1:04 AM, Daedalus007 said:

New Tenno here.  Literally not a single one of these things will benefit me as a new player and I doubt it will help any othersMore than 600k credits can be easily burned just by upgrading mods and buying blueprints to craft weapons.

If you want an idea of the devaluation of credits compared to costs, just remove 3 zeroes from your credits, add a dollar sign, and say 'that is all the money you can survive on for 30 days'.

If the devs are being sincere in starting new player accounts and playing 'from scratch' as F2P, then please livestream it.  Turn off receiving any gifts and solo everything by yourselves until at least Jupiter.  If that is done then I'll concede this point completely.

For everything else, I'm apathetic.  It is ok, I guess.  Will look over the patch notes to see the full story when it drops.

If DE honestly wants to know what New Tenno feel about the game, it wouldn't hurt to ask.  Send a survey via e-mail with a (small) untradeable plat reward (or a blue and orange potato).  Something to show they actually care what new players think.  A game without new blood will quickly die off in the face of competition.  A developer will always have a different perspective than most players will have by virtue of being 'on the inside' and automagically knowing how things work (combining elements to make Gas or Magnetic or whatever reactions on weapons, for instance.

You wanna instantly make newbies happy?  Potatoes.  Make them rain.  A golden and blue potato on EVERY junction would do quite well.  Maybe even be generous enough to throw in some weapon and warframe slots along with it.  That kind of stuff would help far more than a meager amount of credits.

Even WITH the 3 free weapons (and weapon slots) received during the recent '8th Year Anniversary' event, I still find myself forced to sell awesome weapons I enjoy for credits to make room for stuff I haven't mastered yet.  That REALLY sucks and I'm not at the point where I can easily 'earn platinum' on a player-driven person to person trade system where I can be scammed (via chargebacks) and risk an account ban because DE will punish the victim to 'encourage' using real money instead.

WarFrames are also a major issue with slots being stingy to obtain without shelling real money.  With the starting platinum being untradeable, I don't see much reason to keep it at 50 plat instead of the old 200+ plat back in the day.  Let newbies get themselves a few WarFrame and Weapon slots so they WANT to stay in the game instead of just quitting when they hit a wall.

I honestly don't know why WarFrame and Weapon slots are even a thing.  Are the other monetization methods not making DE enough money?  Is Tencent not paying the bills often enough?  Imagine a F2P Pokemon game but you have to pay for a 'slot' every time you catch a new Pokemon otherwise you can't use it and you only start off with 3 of them which is half of a full team.  Others tell you 'git gud' or other nonsense and anyone you trade with for premium currency (lets call em PokeCoins) risks scamming you and getting your account banned through no fault of your own.

This is the reality a lot of new players face.  Collect all the things but you have to pay for each individual inventory slot.  Enjoy.

1. 600k credits is more than enough for a new player to pay for blueprint crafting cost of like 20 new weapons, or to put into some mods. Modding upgrade is heavy limited not by credits, but by endo. By that time you will get higher mastery rank, you will unlock more of the content of the actual game, and more opportunities for more credit gains and even sources of plat making.
2. Steve did play through the game (fresh start) on stream, but it was long time ago, and i don't know where did he end up finishing at, and idk wether he accepted gifts or not.
3. You can get completely free slots, potatoes, mods, Kuva, and other things like Umbra forma from Nightwave, and from alerts like invasions, fomorian (that is available now but requires access to saturn + archwing), razorback. Devstream have usually Gift of the Lotus missions that give free potatoes. Anniversary weapons also had potatoes already baked into them for double capacity.
4. Pokemon GO has literally the same thing with "slots" and there are also a couple kind of those, like pokemon ones, inventory ones. However, you can easly catch ton of those and hit the limit in couple hours, and to earn yourself pokecoins you have to have an access to a gym that your "team" controlls. Good luck with that when you live outside of the city. P2W? Well, kinda. You got to pay for a flat in a city or be lucky to live in one.
5. What stops you from selling weapons and remaking them later when you become rich with slots, if you enjoy them so much? Are you really going to spend all of the plat on potatoes on early weapons? Even if so, early on you are limited in everything, as in every single game, and trading in this game is incredibly generous. You can make platinum by selling nearly anything, from prime parts, which you can have a hard time getting (because of the gameplay loop with obtaining relics, then traces, then going into radshares for a best possible chance of obtaining rare items) up to even mining stupid crystals on Venus'es Orb Vallis, or fishing, and trading those.
6. Old 200+ plat can't be really compared to the ones nowadays. Also on how old are we talking about? Closed beta times? Update 7? When i started in 2014 i am pretty positive i had the same amount of exactly 50 platinum at start. 
7. I can't see the way of getting scammed over a trade. If you don't know the price of an item you trade for, then you go to www.warframe.market and see everything there, on how low/high people sell the item. Also, both sides have to accept after selecting and "locking" in the items, i can't see any "EVE Online" style of scam anyone could pull off against you, or a quick "plat decrease" when a person suddenly changes plat given to you from 100 to 1 the last milisecond a trade window closes. This game doesn't cater to those type of players anyway, but i have to admit when you get into rivens it starts to get close to this (type in "riven mafia warframe" in youtube), but as a "new player" you are nowhere near this point in game to even play with this system yet.

What they should really do is for example, to inform you that max rank of weapons is 30 and you shouldn't sell weapons beforehand to not waste your time re-crafting the weapons later on, because you get full mastery and you get maximum capacity for an item like that. Over the course of the game development they dumbed down many things WAY too much for EXACTLY new players, to the point the game literally has no endgame. Maybe you will one day see it yourself.

On 2021-05-21 at 8:04 PM, Daedalus007 said:

New Tenno here.  Literally not a single one of these things will benefit me as a new player and I doubt it will help any othersMore than 600k credits can be easily burned just by upgrading mods and buying blueprints to craft weapons.

If you want an idea of the devaluation of credits compared to costs, just remove 3 zeroes from your credits, add a dollar sign, and say 'that is all the money you can survive on for 30 days'.

If the devs are being sincere in starting new player accounts and playing 'from scratch' as F2P, then please livestream it.  Turn off receiving any gifts and solo everything by yourselves until at least Jupiter.  If that is done then I'll concede this point completely.

For everything else, I'm apathetic.  It is ok, I guess.  Will look over the patch notes to see the full story when it drops.

If DE honestly wants to know what New Tenno feel about the game, it wouldn't hurt to ask.  Send a survey via e-mail with a (small) untradeable plat reward (or a blue and orange potato).  Something to show they actually care what new players think.  A game without new blood will quickly die off in the face of competition.  A developer will always have a different perspective than most players will have by virtue of being 'on the inside' and automagically knowing how things work (combining elements to make Gas or Magnetic or whatever reactions on weapons, for instance.

You wanna instantly make newbies happy?  Potatoes.  Make them rain.  A golden and blue potato on EVERY junction would do quite well.  Maybe even be generous enough to throw in some weapon and warframe slots along with it.  That kind of stuff would help far more than a meager amount of credits.

Even WITH the 3 free weapons (and weapon slots) received during the recent '8th Year Anniversary' event, I still find myself forced to sell awesome weapons I enjoy for credits to make room for stuff I haven't mastered yet.  That REALLY sucks and I'm not at the point where I can easily 'earn platinum' on a player-driven person to person trade system where I can be scammed (via chargebacks) and risk an account ban because DE will punish the victim to 'encourage' using real money instead.

WarFrames are also a major issue with slots being stingy to obtain without shelling real money.  With the starting platinum being untradeable, I don't see much reason to keep it at 50 plat instead of the old 200+ plat back in the day.  Let newbies get themselves a few WarFrame and Weapon slots so they WANT to stay in the game instead of just quitting when they hit a wall.

I honestly don't know why WarFrame and Weapon slots are even a thing.  Are the other monetization methods not making DE enough money?  Is Tencent not paying the bills often enough?  Imagine a F2P Pokemon game but you have to pay for a 'slot' every time you catch a new Pokemon otherwise you can't use it and you only start off with 3 of them which is half of a full team.  Others tell you 'git gud' or other nonsense and anyone you trade with for premium currency (lets call em PokeCoins) risks scamming you and getting your account banned through no fault of your own.

This is the reality a lot of new players face.  Collect all the things but you have to pay for each individual inventory slot.  Enjoy.

Regarding plat I think you overestimate the chances of chargebacks. Is it a risk. Yes.  Is it a major risk,  no. Especially if you don't get involved in rivens. For example, farm relics.  You can get tons through faction rep, bounties, mission rewards, etc. Sell prime junk 5/10p. You might sell stuff less than what is worth,  but no one is stealing credit cards to buy random parts for 10p. You won't get rich and be able to buy everything overnight but a few weapon or frame slots here,  a tater there,  etc is easily done.l I've sold plenty of basic prime sets without fear.  They supply is beat so the risk is low . If you're trying to sell a riven for like 2.5k then I'd be more likely to worry but at that point either you got super living or aren't imo a new player

On 2021-05-21 at 4:10 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

‘Clan’ Screen Changes:

• Everything is now more neatly displayed in a single screen. Previously tucked away features such as ‘Edit Hierarchies’, ‘View Alliance’, ‘Invite Member’, and ‘Message of the Day’ are now immediately visible and accessible. 

• In addition to your MOTD, you can now also have a much longer Clan and Alliance message displayed below! All display on the right hand side of the Clan screen in the ‘News’ Tab. The option to edit the MOTD and message below is available in this window for those with permissions to do so.

• Added more Clan information to the screen:

• Added the total number of Clan members to the screen. 

• Added the ‘Founding Warlord’ to the screen. 

• The Alliance Screen has also been reskinned: 

• Added the total number of Members to the screen (in addition to the previously live ‘Allies’ count).

thank you DE! At last a step in the right direction. Please, please, please also add a way for leaders to check member contributions easier. Maybe just another tab where you can sort by contributions / donated amount.

So let me get this straight, the update you're pushing is 2.2GB in size, and it does nothing to fix the plethora of bugs I've reported over the past few weeks? I don't get why the game needs *another* UI re-design when the core gameplay is literally broken and frustratingly unplayable at times. 

Just for clarity's sake, here's a complete list of all the bugs I've encountered and still not been fixed in neat bullet point format:

- Panzer Vulpaphyla will sometimes just refuse to revive itself even with the correct mods installed, happens commonly between host migrations or railjack ship boarding/exiting, the way Panzer works is I assume it self revives after 30 seconds or so with the proper mod after dying or self sacrificing from another mod, this doesn't happen, you just end up with no companion for the rest of the mission until you return to dry dock/dojo.

- If a host migration occurs in any mission and the new host leaves a few seconds before you manage to load in, you'll get get the "End Of Mission" screen but it results in a failure and any non-prime gear you got that mission is just gone, lost to the void, because someone couldn't wait that extra few seconds to exit.

- Using boost in a necramech in Corpus tilesets especially will tend to clip you into the geometry and teleport you back to wherever the level's spawn tile is, which is usually 1000 meters behind where you actually were, making farming railjack with your necramech stupidly frustrating.

- Although somewhat lessened recently, there have been extremely long loading times to get back to the Dojo even when solo or on my own during a railjack mission, the issue becomes worse when playing with other people, even loading the mission you were heading to takes a solid 3 or 4 minutes.

- After a host migration, you can sometimes experience functionality loss of the UI or literally any key and be stuck on the "Please Wait" screen while the game carries on without you while another player is running about freely, only way to fix this is for host to leave or to Alt-F4 out of the game, which is unacceptable.

- Necramech summon placement on Corpus tilesets is extremely picky, even on flat surfaces if the roof isn't high enough it'll refuse to let you place it.

- Necramech archguns will sometimes just forget that they're meant to reload, forcing you to have to exit and enter your mech to get it to reload properly.

- Occasionally hit markers will stay on screen for the entire mission, leaving a glaring white mark in the center of the screen.

- Isolation Vault doors on Deimos will show the same symbol 4 times to everyone except the host, only way to counter this is to stay in the room where the door is to learn the order as the cephalon undoes the locks, virtually game-breaking if the host isn't fast enough to see the door combo the first time around, forcing at least one failed attempt.

- Orb Vallis hacking terminals will somtimes refuse to even show the prompt to hack the terminal, ending bounties and orb mother stage bounties early as you can't progress without it.

- Although rare, occasionally during the mission with Alad V on his assassination node, he will be frozen in place until his dialogue ends, I'm assuming this is due to being too fast with frames like Titania with her 4th ability. 

4 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:

Its 25th now. where is she? Pls dont tell me you hide Gara Prime behind 72$ Paywall! Pls dont!

prime weapons and frames are always (or at least 99%) obtainable ingame. it isnt yet the 25th in their timezone, and updates usually launch around noon-afternoon, so waiting about 19-21 hours may be ideal

vor 8 Minuten schrieb JimmuTanno88:

prime weapons and frames are always (or at least 99%) obtainable ingame. it isnt yet the 25th in their timezone, and updates usually launch around noon-afternoon, so waiting about 19-21 hours may be ideal

dammit then its 26th :( why they announce 25th on EU server then.. if its actually 26th...

On 2021-05-21 at 9:10 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Crew piloting Railjack will now fly to attack the weak-point marker at the end of Railjack Volatile missions. 

Awesome. 

On 2021-05-21 at 9:10 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Crew Piloting the Railjack will now hold position when you are either in the Archwing Slingshot or using the Forward Artillery. 

Sweet!!  Definately got hit by this a few times in random squads lol.  

---------------------------

-Now are you going to teach pilots to get to the reactors in grineer POI's???   Teach the gunners to shoot radiators??  I dont think I have even tested this...     None of my peeps are good enough to do 2 jobs yet...  Dont wanna give up a Lich spot...     A low rank pilot prob cant navigate to the radiators....   

-When can we expect Engineers to get smart and start refilling ammo (and following the same rules as humans when they do.   Like forging ammo adds to the cap and maxes it out)

-Are you going to let AI crew revive AI crew ever ??   Those jerks wait till im knee deep in crap before they die so its hard to get back to them.   

Just now, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

-Are you going to let AI crew revive AI crew ever ??   Those jerks wait till im knee deep in crap before they die so its hard to get back to them.   

They already do that, though Liches don't and it might be a low priority on the others AI.

@[DE]Rebecca

Since you have Ash in the footage I need to mention that Ash needs a revisit, he has issues most ppl don`t know about.

The reason being because;

• People use two of his augment 24/7 to the point where they completely ignore the issues of the abilities and act like they are ok.
  • The way people use him and talk about him ("oh he can use seeking shuriken to strip armour and can kill lvl 100+ with bs) they can`t see his issues in a general sense.

And you know how ppl really think about Ash based on the stat you put out for us to see, here is my suggestions of a revisit or Ash.

Also Ash has a bug with his teleport please fix.

20 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

So let me get this straight, the update you're pushing is 2.2GB in size, and it does nothing to fix the plethora of bugs I've reported over the past few weeks? I don't get why the game needs *another* UI re-design when the core gameplay is literally broken and frustratingly unplayable at times. 

Just for clarity's sake, here's a complete list of all the bugs I've encountered and still not been fixed in neat bullet point format:

- Panzer Vulpaphyla will sometimes just refuse to revive itself even with the correct mods installed, happens commonly between host migrations or railjack ship boarding/exiting, the way Panzer works is I assume it self revives after 30 seconds or so with the proper mod after dying or self sacrificing from another mod, this doesn't happen, you just end up with no companion for the rest of the mission until you return to dry dock/dojo.

- If a host migration occurs in any mission and the new host leaves a few seconds before you manage to load in, you'll get get the "End Of Mission" screen but it results in a failure and any non-prime gear you got that mission is just gone, lost to the void, because someone couldn't wait that extra few seconds to exit.

- Using boost in a necramech in Corpus tilesets especially will tend to clip you into the geometry and teleport you back to wherever the level's spawn tile is, which is usually 1000 meters behind where you actually were, making farming railjack with your necramech stupidly frustrating.

- Although somewhat lessened recently, there have been extremely long loading times to get back to the Dojo even when solo or on my own during a railjack mission, the issue becomes worse when playing with other people, even loading the mission you were heading to takes a solid 3 or 4 minutes.

- After a host migration, you can sometimes experience functionality loss of the UI or literally any key and be stuck on the "Please Wait" screen while the game carries on without you while another player is running about freely, only way to fix this is for host to leave or to Alt-F4 out of the game, which is unacceptable.

- Necramech summon placement on Corpus tilesets is extremely picky, even on flat surfaces if the roof isn't high enough it'll refuse to let you place it.

- Necramech archguns will sometimes just forget that they're meant to reload, forcing you to have to exit and enter your mech to get it to reload properly.

- Occasionally hit markers will stay on screen for the entire mission, leaving a glaring white mark in the center of the screen.

- Isolation Vault doors on Deimos will show the same symbol 4 times to everyone except the host, only way to counter this is to stay in the room where the door is to learn the order as the cephalon undoes the locks, virtually game-breaking if the host isn't fast enough to see the door combo the first time around, forcing at least one failed attempt.

- Orb Vallis hacking terminals will somtimes refuse to even show the prompt to hack the terminal, ending bounties and orb mother stage bounties early as you can't progress without it.

- Although rare, occasionally during the mission with Alad V on his assassination node, he will be frozen in place until his dialogue ends, I'm assuming this is due to being too fast with frames like Titania with her 4th ability. 

And this is without mentioning things that straight up don't work, like Ropalolyst's vulnerability windows not properly working after Host Migration, or the simplest Oxylus precepts not working at all despite being so simple like Botanist.

Archived