Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Nerf Concern

KVenom

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

The day of the workshop 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Im excited for the Threequel coming out next Friday. If you have a sequel you are socially and morally obligated to turn it into a trilogy for some reason.

Why Would any responsible Developer team would do this to the VAST MAJORITY of theyr player base... fcng shame on this people  aint NEVER EVER puting a single cent in this game again
fcng shame on you people for taking the best fun your game had and completly destroying melee again...
RIP warframe  and shame on these so Called" dev´s" witch dont care even a singlebit bout theyr Loyal player base  and rather loose theyr most loyal players just to gain a few casual´s that aint even play this for a week...
and even worse they knew MOST of players was against this... double SHAMEFULL
thank you for giving us a reason to find a new game aint never ever gona put a single cent in ur fcng game again RIP

1 hour ago, Bruno_PT said:

Why Would any responsible Developer team would do this to the VAST MAJORITY of theyr player base... fcng shame on this people  aint NEVER EVER puting a single cent in this game again
fcng shame on you people for taking the best fun your game had and completly destroying melee again...
RIP warframe  and shame on these so Called" dev´s" witch dont care even a singlebit bout theyr Loyal player base  and rather loose theyr most loyal players just to gain a few casual´s that aint even play this for a week...
thank you for giving us a reason to find a new game aint never ever gona put a single cent in ur fcng game again RIP

Take care.

1 hour ago, Bruno_PT said:

Bye , hope you find a good game.

And develop a better control over English while you are there.

2 hours ago, Bruno_PT said:

I shall put you on the list as well.

Bruh it a pve game why you guys want a nerf to something that helps you? I'm ok with buffs I know guns are a little weak but now melees gonna be weak to. Only way to gain a buff. Grind on steel path. How that possible now if both things are weak toward heavy units? I'm not up for taking 10 to 12 min just to kill 1 heavy guy. I'm already doing that with the mods they wanna nerf. This is not multiplayer where you kill other players. This is pve. Against ai. you should hop on a game and feel the fun in all weapons. If guns was so weak why not just buff them better instead of killing of a good selection of certain melees cause a few would be useless for steel path. If you want people to use everything in their inventory then doing the nerf is not the way to do it. Cant wait for steel path now. 

Gotta say, they don't disappoint with the flagrant brandishing of their Sledgehammer in their "balance" attempts.

The "Melee Nerf Concern" was 100% warranted, as evidenced by the dev workshop. "No, don't worry, we're not nerfing melee much... just a little attack speed, because it's ruining our precious attack animations." ... yeah... so much for that...

I'm glad PSO2:NewGenesis just launched... plenty of fun to be had there until Warframe figures out its melee junk.

At least on paper, as far disclosed information goes, except for the glaives/throwing niche gameplay, melee nerfs aren't going to change the overall "World Order". Primary and Secondary will require much more work to make use of the new mods while melee will require much less "adaptation", like replacing nukor for another AoE weapon like sporelacer/epitaph for status spread and adding forma in some frames to accommodate Primed Surefooted for stagger immunity as Condition Overload will require more status types and yet achieve current performance levels.

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad that DE did the right thing. They made the nerfs to melee not too stunning, although, IMHO they kinda overnerfed Blood Rush(at least 45%, not 40% would be nice) and Berserk(The duration is too small).
The Gun arcanes are kinda great, NGL.

vor 39 Minuten schrieb SpacewalkerX:

personally, I dont really care about the meele nerf. My takaway from this is mostly "nothing has really changed". melee is still king, and the new gun mods are not really worthwhile(except in solo play in some cases).

depending on where you play. long games with mele are no longer possible. damage is missing. especially in SP you will feel that extremely. in a group you usually have a lot of effects.
anyway i only play with heavy attack gunblade and here too i will clearly feel the low damage. however i only play low lvl missions like fissures. there is mostly just overkill. therefore no change for me here.

by "nothing has really changed" i mean that my bulids probably wont change at all except for at some point getting arcanes for primary weapons and unlocking arcane slots for for them.

there is still gear in the game that allows you to reach level 9999 in survival(octavia). It is just something that i dont intend to do.

В 01.06.2021 в 16:43, RazerXPrime сказал:

Whatever they do people will flock to the forums as a bunch of crying babies and certain pathetic streamers will go all out to trash the changes. People will start doing so after the announcement without even having experienced the changes. They are that afraid. Expect: I'm quitting warframe because Melee is usless now" topics. Even if dps is nerfed only 1%.

For earlier I apologize for my poor english. Well, let's start:

1. Stop calling the obvious nerfs a setup. People see that they are being lied to, that you are trying to smooth corners and only react worse to it.

2. To start using something else, you need to do it differently more interesting and more powerful and not nerf what you don't like. You yourself spoke about this recently. Melee weapons are quite balanced (especially since you've upgraded them recently).

3. Melee weapons are for that and melee weapons are CLOSER. Ranged weapons have the advantage of range and area of impact (remind you of the range nerf for melee weapons that we have already "swallowed" once?)

4. Mods designed to activate from murder are absurd! What should I do on the boss? A lot can be said about them, but it's too stupid to torment Google translator with these extra few sentences.

Let's summarize:

You said that there will be no nerfs for the strong, there will be improvements for the weak. You said that the main weapon will be improved and each weapon will receive its own characteristics. If we "swallow this bitter pill" (in fact, not a pill there, and not a bitter one, but a salty one), then we will have to swallow all the remaining time.

P.S.
Don't be afraid to admit your mistakes. You will go on the principle and you will lose a lot. I LOVE this game because it changes. I LOVE CHANGE. But this particular nerf is stupid and unnecessary. And for me personally, this will hardly change the gameplay. I have the 30th rank and what I use is not affected by the nerf. This will hit neophytes from the 3rd to the 25th rank approximately. I am not concerned about specific changes, but about the trend.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ValgR:

1. Stop calling the obvious nerfs a setup. People see that they are being lied to

No one ever said that this isn't a nerf. No one ever said that there wouldn't be nerfs. DE explicitly said that there would be nerfs. Just stop it. Stop with the constant lies.

Let's summarize:

You said that there will be no nerfs for the strong

Quote please.

This will hit neophytes from the 3rd to the 25th rank approximately. I am not concerned about specific changes, but about the trend.

There is literally nothing in the game that requires more than MR16. Your insinuating that there is a power difference between an MR20 and an MR26 just shows that you have no clue what you're talking about.

I think the majority of you (95% or more?) are just not very good at the game.

I pseudo-tested these upcoming changes, and I still wreck 500+ Steel Path Grineer. I wasn't able to test Condition Overload at 80%, but it's still not a big deal. The 5% AS reduction on Berserker is negligible. I am still wrecking Lv. 500+ Steel Path Grineer because I do a lot more than just a single repeated keystroke action. There are 3-4 other actions I do on top of Melee, along with various passive synergies from Arcanes, Operator, and Operator School. Not to mention which Warframe I am using, what Melee weapon, and what Status Effects. In total, there's like 10+ different tools that I use in synergy to amplify my damage output.

There are so many tools and mechanics available to the player, that can help you achieve optimal damage output and survivability. Believe it or not, it takes a lot more than just slapping on 3 mods and repeatedly pressing a single keystroke with little to no skill involved, and with little to no resistance or barriers. This is what DE is trying to address and I wholeheartedly agree with their upcoming balance changes.

It's quite clear that any time some level of theory-crafting, challenge, grind, or skill is involved, the pitch forks come out. DE might as well just give away everything for free with every update based on how many of you behave and react.

TL:DR - it's a 20% change... twenty... percent.

vor 21 Minuten schrieb S1mplyFresh:

I think the majority of you (95% or more?) are just not very good at the game.

I pseudo-tested these upcoming changes, and I still wreck 500+ Steel Path Grineer.

on the test server? or do you come from the future?
and are you better than everyone else?!?!?!

1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

on the test server? or do you come from the future?
and are you better than everyone else?!?!?!

You know that you can equip not maxed mods?

2 hours ago, S1mplyFresh said:

There are so many tools and mechanics available to the player, that can help you achieve optimal damage output and survivability. Believe it or not, it takes a lot more than just slapping on 3 mods and repeatedly pressing a single keystroke with little to no skill involved, and with little to no resistance or barriers. This is what DE is trying to address and I wholeheartedly agree with their upcoming balance changes.

Then they need to makes each combo or movement(e.g. slam attack, aerial attack or heavy attack) in stances matter. But that's little offtopic

2 hours ago, S1mplyFresh said:

he 5% AS reduction on Berserker is negligible.

Ok, but how do you address "on-kill" change? This is might be game changer for some people. If you cannot kill enemies you will be just slow.

On 2021-06-30 at 6:31 PM, Battle.Mage said:

depending on where you play. long games with mele are no longer possible. damage is missing. especially in SP you will feel that extremely. in a group you usually have a lot of effects.
anyway i only play with heavy attack gunblade and here too i will clearly feel the low damage. however i only play low lvl missions like fissures. there is mostly just overkill. therefore no change for me here.

Dude, damage will still be overkill.  I emulated the mod changes in my own loadout and STILL murked everything on Steel Path in seconds.  Nothing bad is happening to melee.

And if you use a gunblade, NONE of these mods changing even affects you, as gunblade heavy attacks don't rely on Blood Rush or Berserker, etc, anyway. :/ 

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Ok, but how do you address "on-kill" change? This is might be game changer for some people. If you cannot kill enemies you will be just slow.

Just switch to (Primed) Fury.  Constant attack speed right off the bat.  

I've done a loadout with a not-fully-ranked Prime Fury (missing 2 ranks, still), a <38% Blood Rush, and an 80% Condition Overload.  

I used ZERO Warframe buffs, companion buffs, etc.

STILL slayed Steel Path grineer with ease.

Which means, if I DID use all those added buffs, I'd DEFINITELY be fine.  

The community is blowing all this WAY out of proportion.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Ok, but how do you address "on-kill" change?

It cannot be that difficult to kill two enemies with a slow melee weapon, with all the crowd control and damage buffs we have access to killing two trash mobs with a slow-but-high-power melee weapon cannot be that difficult.

If you wanted to complain about the duration being reduced to 10 seconds I would agree, I think 10 is too short and 15 would have been better, but getting two slow-mo kills cannot be that hard, especially when compared to the on-kill requirements that some guns have to deal with for the coming mods and arcanes.

19 hours ago, ValgR said:

1. Stop calling the obvious nerfs a setup. People see that they are being lied to, that you are trying to smooth corners and only react worse to it.

2. To start using something else, you need to do it differently more interesting and more powerful and not nerf what you don't like. You yourself spoke about this recently. Melee weapons are quite balanced (especially since you've upgraded them recently).

3. Melee weapons are for that and melee weapons are CLOSER. Ranged weapons have the advantage of range and area of impact (remind you of the range nerf for melee weapons that we have already "swallowed" once?)

4. Mods designed to activate from murder are absurd! What should I do on the boss? A lot can be said about them, but it's too stupid to torment Google translator with these extra few sentences.

Let's summarize:

You said that there will be no nerfs for the strong, there will be improvements for the weak. You said that the main weapon will be improved and each weapon will receive its own characteristics. If we "swallow this bitter pill" (in fact, not a pill there, and not a bitter one, but a salty one), then we will have to swallow all the remaining time.

P.S.
Don't be afraid to admit your mistakes. You will go on the principle and you will lose a lot. I LOVE this game because it changes. I LOVE CHANGE. But this particular nerf is stupid and unnecessary. And for me personally, this will hardly change the gameplay. I have the 30th rank and what I use is not affected by the nerf. This will hit neophytes from the 3rd to the 25th rank approximately. I am not concerned about specific changes, but about the trend.

Think you quoted the wrong person

Archived