Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic System Sucks And It's Boring

Soii14

11 minutes ago, Surbusken said:
18 minutes ago, Soii14 said:

Best advice I can give to anyone playing warframe is read up on everything. At this point if you want to build something like xaku, it isn't "just 4 materials", the trap there is having to grind out 2 entire planets to get access to the actual materials. Obviously hoping people wouldn't notice.

The problem is not grinding 2 planets (It's at least 3 - Gyromag from Orb valis, Esher devar from Plains of eidolon and other from Deimos).

The problem is to go to specific location on those planets (open worlds), farming their standing to some level (e.g. Ofworlder/Ostrons for Esher devar), and doing all sort of things in those planets, just to get Resource X.

But yeah... OP need to read unless he want farm blueprints that s/he couldn't build.

52 minutes ago, Soii14 said:

Yeah i'm feeling kinda stranded with getting plat from prime parts. But i'm all for tips how to get plat any other way. Doesn't really need to be more profitable but just a tat bit more reliable perhaps.

I'd say relics, faction standing and flipping rivens or playing the market are the top ones. You have to factor in primes getting vaulted or unvaulted though not all primes increase in prices after getting vaulted.

Way I did it when I was starting out, was leveling weapons and frames during relic missions, while wearing a syndicate sigil, trying to do as much as possible at the same time.

Then you sell items from the syndicate store, get forma blueprints and minimum primes you can't sell for plat but convert to ducat and use for baro.

Though if you speedrun a bunch of capture missions in random pugs, there is no way you don't get something useful.

Baro usually has 1 or 2 weapons and often time mods, that are exclusive to him. Then you simply sit on those until the price comes back up. Later in the game when you are done putting endo into leveling mods, you can dump your endo into baro mods and sell them leveled. Though note some items have a high credit tax.

I think you can even go buy unleveled prime mods off the market, max them and re-sell, if you have the credits.

https://warframe.market/items/primed_flow

Unleveled 93 plat, leveld 199 plat as an example. Though you'd want to check all the prime mods to see which ones sell for the most vs how much endo you have to put in. Though again it costs endo and credits.

Another high-end option to consider is the riven market. If you are far enough you can farm kuva, you can buy a riven for a popular weapon, with bad stats on it, and put your kuva into rolling for stats. A lot of plat in it, if you get the right rolls.

If you look at:

https://warframe.market/auctions/search?type=riven&weapon_url_name=zarr&polarity=any&sort_by=price_asc

The zarr, which is right now a godawful weapon no one uses, is getting a kuva version of it soon, so if you check the prices, with crap stats it's listed for 97 and with good stats it goes into the thousands.

The zarr, the grattler and the hek are getting a kuva version. Not saying that's for you but demonstrating how you need to think to play the game.

Meaning you have to pay attention to what is going on, on the market, and with the game.

Another example is us getting a melee nerf this summer and a primary weapon buff, probably not the best time to buy some expensive melee riven for your favorite sword right now. Maybe worth thinking about buying up some cheap rivens for some of the better primaries?

You can also earn plat from mods. You can convert mods to endo, mods to credits but also transmute them. When you have whole stacks of something, there is no harm in doing a few rolls.

Then every so often you go into your mod inventory and check the mods you only have a few of, chances are you have a few in there that are worth selling.

You can even go mine rocks or fish and sell those, not that I'd recommend it for sanity reasons but you can earn plat that way.

There is also nighmare mode that gives you special mods, though I am not sure how much those are worth anymore.

So short term, level on relic missions, use baro to convert trash, and then long term start getting into the trends and playing the market, and potentially flipping rivens.

Ps. There is also grinding for arcanes through eidolon hunts if that is your kind of fun:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Enhancement

3 hours ago, Soii14 said:

Oh i take my time. I have over a thousand hours into this game and i'm only MR12

What this guy said:

2 hours ago, Surbusken said:

The best way to play warframe, is usually by not playing it, in the way it is set up.

Warframe is just notorious for straight up refusing to give the rares that players are looking for.

Congratulations for having relatively high play hours at relatively low master rank. Probably this is a great time to embrace that the best way to get stuff in warframe, is usually by not trying to get them.

4 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Looks like exactly that. And not the first time we see it as well.

As with everything in warframe, people need to take their sweet time.

There's a new shiny prime frame that you want? Put it on top of your list and farm for it two or three times a day. Then move on to the next thing on your list. Keep doing the list until you get what you want, then update the list. Farming just one thing for excessive hours always burn tennos out. 

People who rush things in warframe always face the biggest disappointment. That's why we still see rant threads about khora, wisp, ivara, necramechs, even the foundry.

If everyone could grasp this we’d have a much nicer community. But some people will never learn.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

If everyone could grasp this we’d have a much nicer community. But some people will never learn.

The thing is some people have maybe few things they want. This is a point where this advice won't work.

8 hours ago, Soii14 said:

My wish is that they make it funnier and better (maybe not easier) to get void traces.

well then you should get on board with this one Idea I've had for a while: a Relic kiosk, where unwanted Relics for primes you already have can be exchanged in bulk for large quantities of traces. same process as the Ducat Kiosk, but with relics and Void Traces instead of Prime Parts and Ducats.

I wouldn't put too much stock in trading off of your relic drops though: RNGsus will catch on and stop you getting the parts that are worth decent plat. 

5 hours ago, Soii14 said:

Doesn't really need to be more profitable but just a tat bit more reliable perhaps.

selling Syndicate Weapons, and some of your spare Gold Stance mods could work. not much plat to be made, but there's always someone who needs one of the Syndicate weapons, even if it's just for MR.

10 hours ago, Soii14 said:

The relic system is so boring that it's actually hilarious.

First you need to get the relics, then you need to do so many pointless missions in order to get void traces. Then you upgrade it and probably don't get the rare item that you wanted. I once did 13 missions (together with 2 and a half hour of Lith relic missions because i didn't have any traces) with the Axi A7 relic. All radiant of course. The Axi A7 relic was vaulted when i did it so the relics sold for quite well. My goal was to get Ash Prime Systems which sold for around 100 plat. From all those 13 relics i didn't even get A SINGLE silver item. So selling the A7 relics would have MORE THAN DOUBLED my potential profit from one Ash Prime Systems.

I got extremly frustrated since it could have been my best trades ever to that point. Later i did a Meso mission with an intact relic and got a rare. The chances to get a rare from an inctact relic is 2% and from a radiant relic 10%. Rng should exist but when it's this scaled and plat is such an important resource since it depend a lot of how much further you can progress in the game it's so boring and terrible that it is like i said "actually hilarious".

My wish is that they make it funnier and better (maybe not easier) to get void traces. Then perhaps double or triple the prices to upgrade the relic but then locking in and guaranteeing the item that you want. Then vaulting stuff more often so that prices on prime parts doesn't drop tremendously. Thanks...

Warframe is grind. There's little else to the game other than grind. It's what gets lots of people to continue playing the game even when they no longer want to, even when it makes them miserable. The grind will remain because DE knows they can get people to pay real money for in-game currency (re: platinum). That's why the most efficient way to get new things is to either buy them outright or to get enough prime parts to sell and buy the item or items in question. As you know, that method has its own grind.

So you want to have it easier to gets those parts so you can sell it for plat

DON'T YOU KIDS UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN SELL THOSE EXACTLY BECAUSE OF THIS

If its easier you won't get any plat anymore

11 minutes ago, EnwoQ said:

So you want to have it easier to gets those parts so you can sell it for plat

DON'T YOU KIDS UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN SELL THOSE EXACTLY BECAUSE OF THIS

If its easier you won't get any plat anymore

If one player can get a part in 4 rounds and another needs 30 then something is wrong.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Soii14:

I'm glad to hear that you met some friendly people. Well i did go out on an unecessary rampage.

Hello Sir, the problem is not you, the problem is that the rant threads come up every day.

If you do the math, the system is pretty fair. You get a 1 in 3 chance to get a gold drop when your whole team uses radiant relics. So basically, in 3 runs you should have your item most of the time. Of course there is the guy who throws a penny 20 times and gets the number every time when he really wants the other side. Then he comes to the forums and rants that throwing pennies is rigged, has bad RNG, the penny throwing system is S#&$ and other not so nice things.

I can't speak for everyone, but I am pretty fed up with all the ranting.

You are different though, because you are self reflective. As long as you keep it constructive and think about the answers before answering again, you are golden and most people will treat you nicely. Don't mind the other guys,  they are not really bad, they just read the same posting for the 8.223rd time.

Relic system is far cry from the old key system , back then we had to look at wiki to see what each key has , drop tables had things like other void keys , orokin cells , fussion cores and there was no way to affect or just drop rates making rare item stupid rare .

So no , relic system is in good state .

18 hours ago, Soii14 said:

Wow that old system sounded a lot worse. Well i agree that it doesn't need to be completely changed but some refinement would be nice. Why i base my plat income from prime parts is because i'm kind of too low MR to really get plat the most effective ways. That's why i spend so much time getting relics then upgrading them. However my plans when when somethings gets vaulted is to radshare. But i took some time off the game and when i came back i couldn't find any parties with the relics that had Ash Prime Systems since they were "too old"...

It wasn't bad at all to be fair , both void 1.0 and 2.0 had their perks and their flaws .

Void keys allowed you to be able to access one mission ( ex : void 3 defense ) , this mission would drop "x , y , z" parts for "α , β , γ" primes according to its loot tables and by following a specific rotation ( for example...if you wanted Ash prime's systems they'd only have a chance to drop from...idk...let's say void 4 survival C , aka 15 mins if the rotation was A -> B -> C ) . This is very similar to the way relics work now except relics take out the rotation aspect and can be refined for better chances at obtaining the part you want . 
The positive sides of keys used to be that since they were mission type and tier related you wouldn't really have to grind for them as they'd just start filling your inventory while you were doing everyday content and even if you didn't have the key for that specific mission type you could join some host who actually had the key and they'd actually act as host for everyone regardless of whether they possessed that same key or not...which allowed for easier ways to fill parties , help friends getting something they needed or get something you needed yourself without having to own the key . Another positive aspect of keys is that when it came to endless missions you'd only need one to snatch as many rewards as you could as even after 5 mins into survival / 5 waves into def / one interception round you could just choose to keep going without having to consume more keys...thus potentially allowing you to get...idk...let's say you managed to resist up to wave 60 in defense before extracting...that'd be 12 prime parts rewarded from a single key...and while you may not have necessairely gotten what you needed that's a lot of prime parts you can sell for platinum or trade for ducats .

Relics need to be farmed for ( each new prime has its specific relics or close to that ) , they however allow for refinement and thus better chances at obtaining some specific prime part , you can now pick the reward you want out of the 4 ones popping up on the screen thanks to your team members which increases your chances even further , you need to farm for reactant to refine your relics but it's obtained easily enough by doing fissures . You can now bypass the rotation aspect for drops as already mentioned but you also need everyone in your party to own that same relic if you want to do a "rad-share" run .
Void 2.0 missions are generally more various as they all take place on different planets while 1.0 all took place in the void tileset ( which is why some people still have PTSD Vietnam-like flashbacks at the thought of void defense ~ ) but having each prime introduce new relics kind of bloats the drop tables for normal missions , making it harder to get the specific relic you need . 

Even after all these years I still prefer 1.0 but I get why probably the majority of the community seems to enjoy 2.0 more as it's easier to get what you want and it produced a huge decrease in prices for prime parts ( platinum wise ) unless you are trying to buy the newest primes ( cause the demand is high for those obv ) . 

Anyhow....it simply looks like you've been unlucky with 2.0 so far , keep persevering and if you feel like you still aren't getting the specific item you want then start selling the prime parts you get and have no use for , 100 p are easy enough to earn .

Relic system is garbage. Been saying this since day one. It is not player friendly and it is an extremely cumbersome and a repetitive process. Probably the only people who defend the relic system are people who play 6+ hours a day and make lots of plat through selling prime parts. In other words people who play WF like a job.

From a player experience/enjoyment perspective, relic system has 0 value. It is actually one of the reasons why I've been playing less and less in the last 3-4 years.

Am 7.6.2021 um 16:08 schrieb Soii14:

The relic system is so boring that it's actually hilarious.

First you need to get the relics, then you need to do so many pointless missions in order to get void traces. Then you upgrade it and probably don't get the rare item that you wanted. I once did 13 missions (together with 2 and a half hour of Lith relic missions because i didn't have any traces) with the Axi A7 relic. All radiant of course. The Axi A7 relic was vaulted when i did it so the relics sold for quite well. My goal was to get Ash Prime Systems which sold for around 100 plat. From all those 13 relics i didn't even get A SINGLE silver item. So selling the A7 relics would have MORE THAN DOUBLED my potential profit from one Ash Prime Systems.

I got extremly frustrated since it could have been my best trades ever to that point. Later i did a Meso mission with an intact relic and got a rare. The chances to get a rare from an inctact relic is 2% and from a radiant relic 10%. Rng should exist but when it's this scaled and plat is such an important resource since it depend a lot of how much further you can progress in the game it's so boring and terrible that it is like i said "actually hilarious".

My wish is that they make it funnier and better (maybe not easier) to get void traces. Then perhaps double or triple the prices to upgrade the relic but then locking in and guaranteeing the item that you want. Then vaulting stuff more often so that prices on prime parts doesn't drop tremendously. Thanks...

old topic and has been chewed too often.
it's about plat sales and devs need it as income.

i can bring in tons of ideas here, but why discuss something that will not be realized anyway.

and yes system suck for normal players and I can't just open my 1000+ keys. I don't have the time or motivation.

22 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Relic system is garbage. Been saying this since day one. It is not player friendly and it is an extremely cumbersome and a repetitive process. 

So you telling me the old void key system was better ?

Do I need to remind that relic system offers

- fixed number of rewards per relic and per tier

- no filler like resources , fusion cores ( endo ) and other keys ( relics ) in the relics reward pool

- reward information is displayed for every relic and their rarity tier

- player can affect drop chances with refinement 

- player can further increase hes or hers chance of getting rarer items by teaming up with other players that have the same relic

- player will not lose access to primes if said primes get vaulted in the event that player has the vaulted prime relic

- player is no longer limited to one tile set ( void ) as it was with the old key system 

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

- no filler like resources , fusion cores ( endo ) and other keys ( relics ) in the relics reward pool

Forma bp in uncommon slot.

1 hour ago, bad4youLT said:

Mathematics/Statistic says it's true. Even it's 1% more it's increase.

However in real life (aka just playing a game not caring about mathematics/statistics) it's a joke. 26 radiants and I get common stuffs and UNCOMMON forma blueprints. Gathering 2700 void traces changed NOTHING.

You don't always need to make relics radiant or even have specific relic equipped if you are playing public. That's how I got my Octavia Prime BP. I opened three Axi O5's which I grinded for and no luck. Next morning I just jumped into Axi fissure mission with random Axi relic and saw one player had radiant Axi O5 and I said to myself "nah, I'll probably won't get that Octavia Prime BP" and BANG! end of mission there it was and I picked it!
I actually been more lucky this way and if you are just doing these missions without intending to grind for specific frame or weapon you don't feel that stressed out because everything is happy surprise. I got Inaros Prime's all parts without concentrating on getting him and it was happy surprise when I checked my inventory and had all pieces.

9 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

So you telling me the old void key system was better ?

Yes.

9 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Do I need to remind that relic system offers

- fixed number of rewards per relic and per tier

- reward information is displayed for every relic and their rarity tier

- player can further increase hes or hers chance of getting rarer items by teaming up with other players that have the same relic

- player will not lose access to primes if said primes get vaulted in the event that player has the vaulted prime relic

- player is no longer limited to one tile set ( void ) as it was with the old key system 

They all give you the illusion that you have more chances with the relic system but you don't. Refinement is a joke. You can refine all you want, even with 4 rad relics there is no guarantee that you'll get a rare part. 

For the relic system you gotta farm relics, farm void traces and then go farm the parts. So the whole process is more repetitive and boring compared to Void key system which surely wasn't perfect but was a more enjoyable player experience because at the time void was an exclusive zone with higher level of challenge and better loot all around. 

Playing fissures is basically playing regular missions over and over again. So even if the amount of time it takes for you to get the reward you want was more or less the same, with the relic system you do more repetitions meaning you'll get bored faster.

13 hours ago, White_Matter said:

They all give you the illusion that you have more chances with the relic system but you don't. Refinement is a joke. You can refine all you want, even with 4 rad relics there is no guarantee that you'll get a rare part. 

Illusion ?

You are increasing your odds at getting rare item through refinement and stacking same relics , something that void key system did not offer .

Explain to me how exactly it is an illusion .

13 hours ago, White_Matter said:

For the relic system you gotta farm relics, farm void traces and then go farm the parts. So the whole process is more repetitive and boring compared to Void key system which surely wasn't perfect 

Void keys were the same minus the traces grind , on top you had to deal with void tile set fatigue .

14 hours ago, White_Matter said:

but was a more enjoyable player experience because at the time void was an exclusive zone

I was sick of the void , all I did was sit in the void for days and not playing the rest of the game .

better loot all around. 

Better loot ? you mean orokin cells , fusion cores , void keys oh and lets not forget the Loki Prime systems ( or was it chassis ? I don't recall ) was in T4 defense rotation C which was shared with other Prime parts and aforementioned clutter .

You call that better ? Now days rare parts aren't as rare as they used to and you can clearly see that in market value being much lower then it used to be .

Playing fissures is basically playing regular missions over and over again. 

Void keys were the same thing just with out gathering reactant and less mission types .

So even if the amount of time it takes for you to get the reward you want was more or less the same, 

It isn't the same thanks to fixed number of rewards , fixed number of rewards per tier , relic stacking and refinement the time was cut significantly . We might get cases like yours there and were but statistically its shorten and it can be seen in market .

with the relic system you do more repetitions meaning you'll get bored faster.

Void keys were the same thing but worse , with relic system I can chose what relic to open in what type of mission then I feel like it provided RNG has generated fissure with mission type I want .

Void keys were locked to specific mission along side their rewards making it worse .

Defense to me is the most boring mission type , can you imagine how many void keys I had piled up because of it ?

2 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Illusion ?

You are increasing your odds at getting rare item through refinement and stacking same relics , something that void key system did not offer .

Explain to me how exactly it is an illusion .

Because the odds are so low that even at max refinement your chances of getting a rare part are 10%.

But you see the gold bar underneath expand a little thinking that you have decent chance of getting what you want.

It is an illusion.

Void keys were the same minus the traces grind , on top you had to deal with void tile set fatigue .

No not only that. With 1 void key a squad of 4 could get a prime part. 

Now everybody has to farm relics of their own. Meaning the amount of relics per part you want is many times higher. Add trace farm on top of it and you get yourself a grindier experience. This is not open to debate. 

Tileset was exclusive, so like I said, at the time it was more rare than any other tileset you've been to a million times. 

I was sick of the void , all I did was sit in the void for days and not playing the rest of the game .

Which was a nice change tbh. Because normally all you do is to play regular missions.

With fissures, you are stuck in the very same loop that you've been doing for years(8.5 in my case).

Better loot ? you mean orokin cells , fusion cores , void keys oh and lets not forget the Loki Prime systems ( or was it chassis ? I don't recall ) was in T4 defense rotation C which was shared with other Prime parts and aforementioned clutter .

You call that better ? Now days rare parts aren't as rare as they used to and you can clearly see that in market value being much lower then it used to be .

Like I explained above, Void was an exlusive zone so going there meant you'd get things you normally couldn't get.

And yeah rare parts are still just as rare because they are based on the same RNG system. I remember doing 60 minute survivals and not getting what I wanted back in the day.

Now I also remember spending an hour or more farming relics and using up each and every one of them and not getting what I wanted.

It isn't the same thanks to fixed number of rewards , fixed number of rewards per tier , relic stacking and refinement the time was cut significantly . We might get cases like yours there and were but statistically its shorten and it can be seen in market .

Incorrect, like I explained above.

You have to farm more relics comapared to keys, and you have to farm traces on top of it for refinement.

Void keys were the same thing but worse , with relic system I can chose what relic to open in what type of mission then I feel like it provided RNG has generated fissure with mission type I want .

Void keys were locked to specific mission along side their rewards making it worse .

Defense to me is the most boring mission type , can you imagine how many void keys I had piled up because of it ?

Again, with a farmer mentality, you only care about the destination and not the journey.

For more casual players like me, the journey is just as important if not more because I play for my entertaintment. A repeititve loop of 10's of regular mission types is much much more boring than doing one long mission that has more unique aspects to it.

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

Because the odds are so low that even at max refinement your chances of getting a rare part are 10%.

But you see the gold bar underneath expand a little thinking that you have decent chance of getting what you want.

It is an illusion.

It's not an illusion but it's geared towards 4 people sharing same relic. What I read is 4-5 radiant runs and you should get rare stuff.

When it comes to solo... I've run 26 runs and I've got common stuffs & uncommon forma. 27th were rare as fair I remember.

3 hours ago, quxier said:

It's not an illusion but it's geared towards 4 people sharing same relic. What I read is 4-5 radiant runs and you should get rare stuff.

When it comes to solo... I've run 26 runs and I've got common stuffs & uncommon forma. 27th were rare as fair I remember.

The last rare I got was @ my 8th run, with a 4 rad relic squad. 

Someone calculated to be a 5% chance(getting a rare @ 8th attempt)

On paper it should take 4-5 runs but it can take more attempts for sure.

Archived