Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 30.5: Melee & Primary Balance Changes Feedback Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]CoreyOnline

Hello Tenno!

Update 30.5: Sisters of Parvos is live on all platforms and we are looking to hear your thoughts on the changes to Melee & Primary Weapons Balance!

With Update 30.5, we are continuing our Trello Board approach to communicate known bugs, fixed bugs, and popular feedback submitted by you, the community! To see a list of known bugs and fixed issues, please check out our new Trello Board

You will also be able to see notifications of changes and fixes by joining our official Discord Server and following the #bug-feedback-tracking channel, found here.

Please use this thread to let us know your feelings on the following:

Melee Mod Nerfs
Weapon Changes
Primary & Secondary Weapon Arcanes
Galvanized Mods
Login Items
Anything else covered in the Dev Workshop: Arsenal Divide

If you want to let us know your feedback, please make sure that you do so in a civil and constructive manner. Read our How to Provide Good Constructive Feedback thread before posting. If you like something, let us know! If you did not like an aspect of the Melee & Primary Balance Changes, then tell us what it is, and what you would change to make it better! If you have encountered a bug with any of the new content items, be sure to submit a bug report over on our Bug-Hunting Megathread!

With the elimination of Gladiator Mods on Deconstructor, Helios has pretty much become obsolete and with that the last robotic companion has become obsolete. Please rework companions. Thank you.

Also Meta-Guns have become more meta, while bad weapons have been left behind even more.

Finally 270.000 Endo, 180 vitus essences and at least 128 dead acolytes just to make most guns Steel Path viable is kinda excessive.

I got myself one galvanized mod – Galvanized Aptitude for rifles – and currently it feels like a waste of slot. In the content it is supposed to be designed for, the steel path, it doesn't help increase weapon damage whatsoever, which is what I suspected would be the case with the "on kill" condition. Guns already struggle compared to melee and instead of giving us just a gun version of Condition Overload, etc., you make us jump across additional hoops to have what we've been asking for and what has worked with melee weapons for years. The buff only activates on gun kills, so no melee to trigger it either. I could use guns to finish enemies I weaken with melee first, but why should I inconvenience myself and repeat the process every 20 seconds? Just get rid of the "on kill" thing. These mods have a large drain already. 

I'm going to try more galvanized mods out once I've got them, but I doubt results are going to be any different.

I just tested trumna in Steel path mission, with 2 galvanisez mod at max level (chamber and aptitude).

And I feel like it's really underwhelming.

I played with Hildryn, so I was able to tank while I had to wait to start killing.
The timer on them seem ok, from what I could see all stack refresh.
But again I had to use the Trumna, a weapon with large magazine size so I can shoot for a long time.

I think galvanize aptitude should stack at 3 or more, because at it stand it's not that much better from before, at least in my opinion.

(my non optimized melee weapon was more efficient at killing that the gun still and I really have a bad build on it opposite of the Trumna)

These are steps, but not in the right direction.

"On Kill" conditions are horrible, and to what I see, just makes the problem worse. The popular non-melee weapons (Bramma, Ogris etc explosive) just got a WHOLE LOT more powerful in their room clearing ability... but go up against just one strong enemy (like a lvl 100 Lich) and all your new fancy mods does diddly squat.

But hey, I can still kill it with Melee right? well... I used to be able to get a buff for my attack speed by hammering the Lich, but now.. If I by accident cleared several square kilometers with the Bramma, there are no weak enemies to build and maintain the buffs.

That's the bile from me, rest of the update looks really cool, but:

PLEASE REMOVE "ON KILL" CONDITION!

you nerf melee, then no feedback, and at the last minute, decided to nerf deconstructor too

you're making the meta melee even more meta, and practically killed any reason for me to use sentinels (helios) other than the dumb scanning which honestly should have been removed from the game entirely

can you please play your own game other than 1 hour streams?

Tried survival with staltha.....

I could kill maybe 1 guy, before the support went to 50%.

Scratch my previous comment.

On kill is stupid, and the amount of resources to level up these mods is too much if I compare to what it does.
I had to resort to melee to start killing stuff and it's not even as good as it was before, so basically unless you pick ultra meta gear and warframe you can't do anything.

Horrible mods and horrible update so far.
I''l keep testing, but I feel like I'm wasting my resources and time.

I wouldn't call these buffs at all. These are minor power creep exclusively for guns with huge forma and resource investment.
The "on kill" condition would only be good if any kill gave a stack. It even killed the berserker (fury) mod to me. Being forced to use the bad variant first to stack it up leaves a bad taste in my mouth just as naming this a buff.

Meanwhile melee mods got nerfed a lot.

I won't ever invest in a weapon that isn't 100% worth it by one of it's good gimmicks, or op stats, because the investment is too much to bother with it. It requires 9 polarized slot to use a galvanized mod, riven, 2-3 primed mods and an exilus mod. Obviously need a reactor too, and then we get this fixed build, because the polarities doesn't let us just switch mods as we please.
Barrel diffusion and galvanized diffusion doesn't even match the capacity, so I'm unable to equip galvanized diffusion.
Then you say I also need to buy the arcane slot if I wanted to use it in my weapon? If I even farmed the arcanes? And it is called a buff? This is top tier scam.

Worst update yet, very unhappy about the nerfs. Think I may take a break from playing for so long that I forget what you nerfed and ruined. Plus more grindy corpus liches just sounds lame and just copy and paste of previous content with new images.

So far, as predicted: The casualties of the nerfs are the things that needed them most (I forgot how incredibly clunky the Paracesis can be), Berserker is basically a dead mod, and the only clear winners in the buff category are things which didn't need them.

It's almost like we warned you so. Again. And you ignored it. Again.

This is 'Healing abilities on Defense objects' all over.

None of the gear for guns added, actually address the problems. The problem with guns is that they don't innately do enough damage. These mods and arcanes will help... but only for guns that can already do damage like the kuva nukor, or the bramma, or other "meta" weapons. Essentially you've made OP guns even stronger, and weak guns mediocre at best, as the only thing that can actually affect them is arcane dexterity, as these "weaker" guns can't kill to get the damage bonuses.

Solution: Increase the base damage of these weapons, or just increase the effectiveness of mods like serration, without adding any actions like "on kill".

In over several years, 3000+ hours spent in warframe this is the first time I dont feel any hype for an update. Everything ist just meh.

The melee nerf feels terrible. It sucks. And in a PVE game where ur supposed to be overpowered, I do not understand it at all.

This will limit the variety of melees played and the fun players have while playing them. Thats all it  does.

On the other hand, the primary/secondary updates feel to just miss to adress the problems completely. They benefit the weapons already powerfull the most.

Even though it should be the opposite way. Having on kill triggers for weapons not able to kill enemies feels like a bad joke tbh.

To me, this update shows once again, how out of touch DE is with their own game and playerbase.

3 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

You have all the feedback you need in this thread, which was seemingly ignored considering you have implemented most changes untouched:

Asking us to repeat ourselves is only going to result in further backlash to some of your decisions.

And all the other workshop threads. Considering it was pretty much ignored doesn't inspire me with hope it will be listened to now.

Regarding Galvanized mods:

As I have expected, and told you in every relevant thread, "on headshot kill" effects of these mods do not register if the enemy died to a status effect. This is particularly bad, as the only relevant enemies in the game are for all intends and purposes immune to anything but slash procs.

This is important and urgent, all "on headshot kill" effects (including old mods) need to trigger from status effect kills if you want guns to improve against high level enemies.

("On kill" seems to work with status effects.)

Galvanised Scope is not available on the Artemis Bow for some reason (bug?), nor are the Arcanes.

So I put Galvanized Diffusion and the pistol status one on my Kuva Brakk and ho-lee-fuc is this thing goofy now. Like, two-shotting-lvl180-Officers goofy. And that's without the Arcane. Just like everyone was telling you, the top tier of power just got way stronger. Meanwhile items in the lower tiers of power aren't going to be able to really make use of this and will continue to languish.

Those melee nerfs was worthless because hybrid builds still the best in the meta and full crits or status builds are worse than before. Just unlimit the number of stacks and double the damage in Condition overload if the melee has 20% critical chance or below. So if I want a pure status build Condition Overload would be the mod; but if I go for full critical the would trash or meh. Blood Rush can be the same with this limit.

You want players do versatil builds but those nerf don't change anything.

2 hours ago, sitfesz said:

I wouldn't call these buffs at all. These are minor power creep exclusively for guns with huge forma and resource investment.
The "on kill" condition would only be good if any kill gave a stack. It even killed the berserker (fury) mod to me. Being forced to use the bad variant first to stack it up leaves a bad taste in my mouth just as naming this a buff.

Meanwhile melee mods got nerfed a lot.

I won't ever invest in a weapon that isn't 100% worth it by one of it's good gimmicks, or op stats, because the investment is too much to bother with it. It requires 9 polarized slot to use a galvanized mod, riven, 2-3 primed mods and an exilus mod. Obviously need a reactor too, and then we get this fixed build, because the polarities doesn't let us just switch mods as we please.
Barrel diffusion and galvanized diffusion doesn't even match the capacity, so I'm unable to equip galvanized diffusion.
Then you say I also need to buy the arcane slot if I wanted to use it in my weapon? If I even farmed the arcanes? And it is called a buff? This is top tier scam.

Part of the games progression is investing in weapons.....I have random weapons like the akvasto prime, twin rogga, harpak etc that I use all the time because I invested in them more than the average player.

And I can't even tell a difference in my melee at all.

18 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

So I put Galvanized Diffusion and the pistol status one on my Kuva Brakk and ho-lee-fuc is this thing goofy now. Like, two-shotting-lvl180-Officers goofy. And that's without the Arcane. Just like everyone was telling you, the top tier of power just got way stronger. Meanwhile items in the lower tiers of power aren't going to be able to really make use of this and will continue to languish.

What items in the lower tier?

Got all the mods and maxed them. Tested on recent prime weapon (which I consider to be a above average but not great) - Tenora P (with Prime Shred)  on Steel Path. Getting\upkeeping the buffs is pretty easy since there are enough weak mobs like butchers. But still it's very underwhelming and cant keep the killcount to cull the inflow of mobs and sustain LS.  Pretty much as expected single-target weapons are still no-competitve.  Really struggles to kill Acolytes. Meanwhile Bramma wipes the room even without any new mods.

Weapons need to be balanced individually or nothing will change and the same few guns will continue to be used all the time.

Meanwhile  melee still removes everything it touches  - and Ive tested on below average weapon - Dual Ethers with not the most optimal build, no rivens.

3 hours ago, Genitive said:

I got myself one galvanized mod – Galvanized Aptitude for rifles – and currently it feels like a waste of slot. In the content it is supposed to be designed for, the steel path, it doesn't help increase weapon damage whatsoever, which is what I suspected would be the case with the "on kill" condition. Guns already struggle compared to melee and instead of giving us just a gun version of Condition Overload, etc., you make us jump across additional hoops to have what we've been asking for and what has worked with melee weapons for years. The buff only activates on gun kills, so no melee to trigger it either. I could use guns to finish enemies I weaken with melee first, but why should I inconvenience myself and repeat the process every 20 seconds? Just get rid of the "on kill" thing. These mods have a large drain already. 

I'm going to try more galvanized mods out once I've got them, but I doubt results are going to be any different.

It's important to add some build details in as well so we know the situation isn't comprised by a flawed build too.

Archived