Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

O Holokey, Where Art Thou?

BlackAce

I've only done 2 runs so far and I don't think I want to continue because it took my friend the whole day to get 2(!) Tenet melees. It would've been better if those Tenet melees drop from the Sisters. How about another way to get them?

My suggestion is Granum Void. Swap those dull and boring Credit Caches with shiny Holokey Caches. It makes sense. These things were lost with Big Daddy Parvos' ship.

Or maybe you lads have another idea?

EDIT:

Yes I've only done 2 runs. But it doesn't take a genius to see how bad it is when you see it right beside you someone farming 2 Weapons for the WHOLE day. I've been farming the Sisters since launch day and I'm still not stopping. I've been through the worst of it even the early launch of Kuva Lich and both are better than this.

1 minute ago, acevezwing said:

My suggestion is Granum Void

I'm gonna stop you right there.

That idea is just as bad if not even worse than the void storms.

I say reduce the key cost of the weapons to 6. Not 40, but 6. 12 if you're feeling evil.

1 hour ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Just run void Storm exterminate missions not only is it the quickest void Storm run but it has the best chance to drop them..

I gotten them 3 games in a row this weekend so best to wait for void Storm exterminate missions & run em.. good luck 

False. There is no difference in drop chance between mission types. And those 3 drops in a row were just very good luck.

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

I'm gonna stop you right there.

That idea is just as bad if not even worse than the void storms.

I can see why you said it's bad but I don't think it's as bad as void storms. Credit Caches are on rank 1 and 2 of Granum Void. With Capture nodes you can finish it in less than 5 minutes. Way easier to access compared to Void Storms. My suggestion on Granum Void came from the lore of the Holokey itself. But then again, if there is a more reasonable alternative to Void Storms, why not?

It is the worst grind in the game now. My friends and I, three of us grindddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd for about 8-10 hours? (with break in between) only manage to get 1 weapon. And you cant decide the element. rng on roll & on the element so good luck checking the store every 5 days. 😦

2 hours ago, acevezwing said:

I've only done 2 runs so far and I don't think I want to continue because it took my friend the whole day to get 2(!) Tenet melees. It would've been better if those Tenet melees drop from the Sisters. How about another way to get them?

My suggestion is Granum Void. Swap those dull and boring Credit Caches with shiny Holokey Caches. It makes sense. These things were lost with Big Daddy Parvos' ship.

Or maybe you lads have another idea?

EDIT:

Yes I've only done 2 runs. But it doesn't take a genius to see how bad it is when you see it right beside you someone farming 2 Weapons for the WHOLE day. I've been farming the Sisters since launch day and I'm still not stopping. I've been through the worst of it even the early launch of Kuva Lich and both are better than this.

You think pre update liches were better than this...lmao! Both grinds are ridiculous sure, but better than pre update liches doesnt make it better at all. It just means both grinds suck.

1 hour ago, acevezwing said:

Maybe read the rest of my post? When you saw the guy besides you farming something for the whole day only to get meager result it affects you too.

RNG is different for every player, ur friend might've kicked a black cat on the day and was cursed with bad luck.

i'd be more inclined to listen to what you have to say if the testing was done by you

22 minutes ago, Prexades said:

I have to say that the drop rates seem wrong as well, I did dozens of RJ missions and sometimes I can do 6-10 missions without seeing keys as a reward. Sevagoth parts seem to be a much more common drop.

This right here, sevagoth parts got plenty now but the keys are very inconsistent, in 1h i got 24 keys next day 1h run got zero, this is bad.

I spent four or five hours yesterday doing Veil Proxima voidstorm "easy" missions like Exterminate or Skirmish.  Doing all the optional objectives, because I need some other things from them and am hoping they include the keys.  By the end of that, I had eighteen holokeys.  It will take 160 to get one of each weapon, if I don't care about elemental type and wait to buy one of each when it's above 50% bonus just to have one with decent-ish stats.  That's also way more time than I usually have to spend playing Warframe.  Plus, while I'm doing that I'm not able to do anything with any of the other new, although for me that would just be trying to get Sisters and their weapons while keeping them from leveling up as much as possible.  It would be worse for people who actually want to do Steel Path and Arbitrations for the new mods and Arcanes, since all the time you spend in Voidstorm is time spent NOT earning Steel Essence for the slot unlockers or possible Arcane fragments.

I WAS having fun with this update until I decided to change it up a bit and start going for corrupted holokeys. I ran them for two days and have only gotten 51 total, I don't know how many runs I've done but I should have WAY more. The drop rates do not align with my personal experience at all. 

The drop rate isn't great but its not terrible either, I played a lot this weekend but not all of it holokey farming and I managed 6 sister weapons and two tenant melee and 3k in Ducats if I decide not to turn some of it into plat I averaged holo keys every other mission I stopped running corpus and only ran grineer as with a good team those missions are much faster.

I do agree completely that the cost of the weapons is to high. The cost to acquire one of the weapons should be factored so that it takes roughly the same time as it does to get a weapon off a sister about 60-90min 

I guess the drop rate is bad for occasional players and ok for hardcore players. I play 3-4 hours a day, some will find it a lot and others too low, for me the drop rates seem bad if I want to maximize the weapons but again I will take my time to get them. 

corrupted holokeys seem to drop the most often from the grineer skirmishes i've noticed.  i tested most void storm maps of neptune, pluto, saturn, and the veil, switching and going 3x each run and then going to another if available.  the grineer veil missions got me the majority of the 160 holos, which i estimate was a total of 8 hours of RJtime.  i've played these all solo, so that might be a factor to consider

Archived