Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Message with paid content - opt in/out and/or say it in mail

quxier

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

What messages are you getting that require paid content? I'm not sure I've received any messages like you're describing.

Inbox messages from Darvo that advertise amazon prime, but a written like Darvo found a bunch of free stuff only the player could retrieve.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

What messages are you getting that require paid content? I'm not sure I've received any messages like you're describing.

Like this:

1 minute ago, 16Bitman said:

Inbox messages from Darvo that advertise amazon prime, but a written like Darvo found a bunch of free stuff only the player could retrieve.

It's called advertisement. The whole point of advertising something, is exactly to show to as many people as possible, so I fail to see why they would just hide it. Deleting emails in-game is effortless, so just delete it and move on, this is a non-issue.

3 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

It's called advertisement. The whole point of advertising something, is exactly to show to as many people as possible, so I fail to see why they would just hide it. Deleting emails in-game is effortless, so just delete it and move on, this is a non-issue.

You have to read it, find that require some "paid stuffs" then you can "delete & move on".

The point of advertisement is to give adverts that's good for a "watcher". I'm not going to buy anything from this game (prizes are ridiculous high in my country).

1 hour ago, Charlotte said:

It's called advertisement.

no, advertisement can't tell you "get free stuff" and when you come to get the free stuff it requires a third party membership and you only learn that now. if the message in game said "free twitch prime stuff" it would be fine. but it doesn't.

3 hours ago, quxier said:

You have to read it, find that require some "paid stuffs" then you can "delete & move on".

The point of advertisement is to give adverts that's good for a "watcher". I'm not going to buy anything from this game (prizes are ridiculous high in my country).

If you're doing nothing to support the game financially, then your opinions on the matter are pretty irrelevant.

DE will continue to cater to the paying players that actually keep them in business. This includes advertisements/announcements on where they might enjoy spending their money.

6 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

If you're doing nothing to support the game financially, then your opinions on the matter are pretty irrelevant.

DE will continue to cater to the paying players that actually keep them in business. This includes advertisements/announcements on where they might enjoy spending their money.

I'm doing it via non-money method (selling primes & stuffs). It may be "not much" but without people like us this game would be worse. Imagine farming every mod, prime stuffs etc alone or paying real money for every prime you want.

They want money - I get it but they should be clear about it. Some of people would even refuse to pay just because they were mistreated/cheated/whatever.

7 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Well even as someone who has spent money on the game and has Twitch Prime I think the Twitch Prime Darvo mail needs to be changed so that it is very clear about the paid subscription requirement for the stuff. Now it is like "here is some free stuff" and when you try to claim it you'll find out it is for subscribers only.

12 hours ago, quxier said:

Could we option to not get message that requires paid content

The game is free, but it costs money to make.

Advertising stuff to you that they can get paid for is just part of that. Game developers need to pay their rent and buy food too.

If I'd bought the game I'd agree with you, but Warframe is free, I think the adverts are fair.

Warframe needs a spam filter and/or adblocker in general. Can't go anywhere without some random idiot who thinks that they're important clogging up my screen with their drivel.

"Ooh, you opened 20 lockers. Well done"

Shut up, Nora. Nobody likes you.

"Lo, for I, Vor, have seen the-"

Shut. Up.

"We've determined that you're bad for business"

SHUT UP.

"Kill chamber sealed. No place to hide"

SHUT UP! STOP BLOCKING MY MAP SCREEN!

4 hours ago, quxier said:

It may be "not much" but without people like us

Don't try to claim the moral high ground because you refuse to support the devs who have their own bills to pay. If everyone was "people like you" there would be no game, it'd be closed in bankruptcy. The people who matter are the ones who buy the plat to buy your tat from.

Archived