Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This is NOT fun!!!

(XBOX)WickedGit

I have a level 5 Sister with Flux Rifle and a Saryn progenitor. The hounds one shot me. The Sister one shots me. I've lost count of the missions I have tried to take her down and have only once (once. ONCE!) managed to use parazon before I'd used all my revives and failed the mission. Time after time after time I get absolutely nowhere no matter which weapon or frame I use. I've tried hiding in stealth with Ivara and using long range weapons - snipers and Oticor etc.. I've tried immortal Hyldrin - get one shot. Mesa - one shot. - Rhino - one shot. Nothing works.

This is NOT fun DE! I've given up for now hoping this is some kind of bug or developer mistake as it feels like I have no chance of winning against this enemy and what is the point of that? A player needs to feel that if they get this mod or that frame or this tactic they can triumph but to feel so utterly beaten. I've had enough.

If anyone can give me any crumb of comfort or advice that might give me an honest fighting chance I'd be really appreciative.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)WickedGit said:

I have a level 5 Sister with Flux Rifle and a Saryn progenitor. The hounds one shot me. The Sister one shots me. I've lost count of the missions I have tried to take her down and have only once (once. ONCE!) managed to use parazon before I'd used all my revives and failed the mission. Time after time after time I get absolutely nowhere no matter which weapon or frame I use. I've tried hiding in stealth with Ivara and using long range weapons - snipers and Oticor etc.. I've tried immortal Hyldrin - get one shot. Mesa - one shot. - Rhino - one shot. Nothing works.

This is NOT fun DE! I've given up for now hoping this is some kind of bug or developer mistake as it feels like I have no chance of winning against this enemy and what is the point of that? A player needs to feel that if they get this mod or that frame or this tactic they can triumph but to feel so utterly beaten. I've had enough.

If anyone can give me any crumb of comfort or advice that might give me an honest fighting chance I'd be really appreciative.

I have to ask what Warframe you are using. Because the Sister you made has TOXIN damage in her weapon and Hounds, which means it by-passes shields.

Its sounding a lot like when I had the "Brilliant" idea of using a pure Quick Thinking Build Yareli against a Lich with Magnetic as a base.

Have you tried Nyx? Grind Hard Squad did a video on her that just kills hounds and the lich, any high damage weapon should work but make sure Nyx is efficient and power focused. Use her two to strip armor and shields off both and then her number 4 invincibility to tank her.

Are you hitting them with their weakness, they go down really fast that way.

The frames I've used doing all my Lich's has been Hldryn, Revenant and Nezha

Weapons are my Soma Prime (been getting red crits on a level 4 Sister Lichs) 😱, my Gaze or Rattleguts kitgun depends on the element and melee is my Scindo Prime but melee is not really important for me from the ones I've killed.

Slash and toxin are stupid, stupid, stupid mechanisms. but I think the sister's DR is getting you here - a fast firing weapon that does little damage will be more efficient than a big bang gun that has most of its effect wiped away. Crits probably help a ton too. A fast-firing gun can often stagger or prevent the target from attacking while you're ploughing bullets or beams into it, so that also helps as they stop shooting back for a bit.

I don't know what to tell you, I took an underleveled (from 15 to 26 while working on the sister) Gara Prime, (I don't have the meme arcanes) and I did die a few times but even using weapons that weren't fully modded (I was ranking up a tenet envoy and detron as well, I'm MR30 so they can full cap but not enough forma to fill all the slots) I've taken down three now. Usually I use Khora but I don't use her abilities much when fighting the sister (Though strangledome is good for keeping general corpus off me during), it's mostly guns, staying mobile (Prime Sure Footed helps a lot) arcane lockdown and repair.

I try to use one weapon for the shields and another for the sister's health, the quicker you relocate and engage after she teleports the less shield regen you need to deal with.

I've been here a long time but I'm not a fantastic player, maybe I'm just doing something different that I don't realise. Oh I will say one thing though (and this isn't a dig, just an observation) I don't know if I'd be able to be fast enough on a controller, but I can't stand them for 90% of games anyway so that might just be me.

Hi Gguys,

thanks for the replies. To clarify, I've run Hyldrin with Antitoxin and Toxin resistance mods. Modded weapons according to weakness and played mainly solo although on kind soul who tried to help me out in a random squad perished as quickly as I.

I'll try Nyx - thanks for that - and report back. Nyx has to be useful for something, right?

If you're struggling and trying to do this solo, stop.  Do it with matchmaking open so you have teammates.   Also, ask for help in recruiting, something as simple as "please help me kill my lich" and you'll likely get a flurry of replies cos everyone wants thralls right now.

Try using nezha or rhino for status immunity.   Swap weapons so you're resetting her damage reduction.   Mod for whatever damage type she's vulnerable to.

And next time, try and figure out your mods/sequence without leveling it up to 5, makes life easier.   Do make sure and down her three times though so she disappears and allows other players lichs to spawn though.   You don't have to parazon her every time she appears.

Just now, (XBOX)WickedGit said:

@SilentMobius - I've read that somewhere else, that under leveled high rate of fire guns are more effective. That kinda sucks in a game where the whole purpose is to increase your power...

A lot to think about in all these replies...

I'm not sure that underleveled is quite right. but guns that manifest damage in ways that trigger less DR can help (to my understanding) The Tenet Detron is a pretty good weapon, I also used the Kompressa and the Tenet Envoy (Which is a "big bang" kinda gun) and it wasn't easy but far from impossible, also my usual bubonico seems to do well and that is also a pretty heafty weapon.

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Doesn't Gloom further increase their damage reduction like with Demolysts and Acolytes?

I guess so? I honestly didn't know that lol. I used Gloom Chroma with Corinth Prime. You sit around long enough to see how the DR resets after a few seconds so I just kinda built a rhythm around that. Or you can turn Gloom on, catch the lich/sister in it, jump into your necramech and do bursts of damage with their gun while they sit there in super slow motion.

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)WickedGit said:

Hi Gguys,

thanks for the replies. To clarify, I've run Hyldrin with Antitoxin and Toxin resistance mods. Modded weapons according to weakness and played mainly solo although on kind soul who tried to help me out in a random squad perished as quickly as I.

I'll try Nyx - thanks for that - and report back. Nyx has to be useful for something, right?

Nyx is useful for quite a lot.

In my experience with Assimilate Nyx vs. Sister Liches, you're going to run out of energy really fast if you're playing solo and the enemies have nothing to shoot at but you.  You're better off with an invisible frame. 

And I have to disagree with all the advice I'm seeing for rapid fire weapons.  Constantly attacking seems to build up the sister's damage attenuation to absurd heights, which is why a Mesa on the team is usually more harm than good.  Sure, heavy-hitting slow firing weapons might not be the way either (though I usually solo my liches with Rubico Prime / Ivara Prime).  My working theory is that there's a sweet spot in the middle somewhere, like a thrown secondary or something.  In any event, letting the sister breathe a bit in between bursts allows the damage attenuation to reset, at least somewhat.

Try get some help with a team if you can. Even if you are usually a solo player. I'd offer to help but... well maybe in the future with crossplay lol

Sisters have some wicked Damage Resistance, so hard hitting slower weapons will struggle, actually a lot of traditionally powerful weapons can struggle, on top of that what powers your Sister/Lich has can create issues. A lot of people talk about how "Ez" their Sister/Lich was, and well yeah, it might be their powers aren't as potent as others. Plus a combination of other factors, so don't be too disheartened. 

As far as strategy? In a team, having a Nyx or a Banshee that can strip resistances or otherwise make the Sister/Lich squishy is a huge huge help. You won't have to worry as much about dying if you kill the Sister/Lich in 10 seconds. That being said, Banshee and Nyx can be squishy themselves, hence why I would recommend a team. Like having a Wisp might be nice, plus a Lich/Sister with no shields and armour is a sitting duck for say a Mesa. So think party composition, debuffer, buffer, CC and damage. Also the Cedo and other fast firing, hard hitting weapons, with lots of multishot also work really well.

Good luck, and I wish you the best with your Sister! 

8 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

In my experience with Assimilate Nyx vs. Sister Liches, you're going to run out of energy really fast if you're playing solo and the enemies have nothing to shoot at but you.  You're better off with an invisible frame. 

And I have to disagree with all the advice I'm seeing for rapid fire weapons.  Constantly attacking seems to build up the sister's damage attenuation to absurd heights, which is why a Mesa on the team is usually more harm than good.  Sure, heavy-hitting slow firing weapons might not be the way either (though I usually solo my liches with Rubico Prime / Ivara Prime).  My working theory is that there's a sweet spot in the middle somewhere, like a thrown secondary or something.  In any event, letting the sister breathe a bit in between bursts allows the damage attenuation to reset, at least somewhat.

Generally the additional element people tend to neglect when talking about rapid fire weapons, is that they need to be the type with multiple pellets/multi shot type weapons. Cedo being one of the more popular/prominent examples, since you are totally correct as far as many fast firing guns ineffective, like say Mesa's Peacemakers. Also why Rubico can struggle a little too (relatively speaking) if you give any weapon a but of time, it can increase its effectiveness. I think with Cedo type guns, the effect is lessened to a degree, so you can get in more value per pellet/buckshot etc (I suck at explaining the exact terminology but I think people can understand what I am trying to say lol) 

Oh and yeah, Nyx isn't as fun solo, but in a team, its pretty gratifying. Everyone else, especially if they are random are usually super grateful and appreciative. At least thats been my experience so far. 

I've only done 2 sisters so far, and they are much harder than liches. I will say I had no trouble with weapons though. High rate of fire and high Pellet count like talked about above, can really help. I switched between my kuva karak and Mara Detron and the health bars went down fast. The final showdown with the sister is where it gets stupid. Zenurik's temporal blast is an absolute monster against them though. Slows them to a crawl. Then I throw down flechette mines with vauban all around her and it takes the health down decently quick(I run max pwr str and use overdrive first). Takes about 2-3 minutes a sister this way, maybe a little less. Also, necromech can be very helpful here with its 2nd and 4th abilities. 

Ah~ Toxin....

... The only damage element people think its perfectly fine against AI but complain its impossible to deal with when the AI uses it instead...

... I mean, I do know how to solve that issue but~ that requires build changes that no one is willing to do, apparently... But I'm glad my builds all predict these kinds of factors and counters them directly so~...

... Yeah, I'll just get back to grinding... This grinder surely knows nothing other than grinding haha

Archived