Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who would like to see PVP from the New War?

From our little debut from Tennocon21 players got to see the perspective of playing WF from a different point of view, from the enemy's POV. 

We have seen Raids and PVP beaten to death with a wet noodle.

So with the showcase of being able to play as the enemy, it got me thinking. As popular as PVP/Raids could be, currently on WF with the unbalance of abilities and mass amount of mods weapons etc it would make it difficult to balance out with our current kit.

But if we had a PVP/Raid mode where each player, played as an enemy faction in either a VS or free for all mode, we may have for a potential of the makings in a replay able and potentially enjoyable PVP experience. 

One team plays as corpus, and another plays as grineer or another potential faction.

Utilizing material that is already in game.

No modding out characters or weapons, but maybe just swapping around weapons unlocked via some system in game. 

Grineer have their respective weapons and vise versa for Corpus and other factions.

Players compete to unlock cosmetic items, and other potential possible rewards that they can use outside of the PVP. 

DE can create the balance without players WF's and weapons being disrupted if they stay outside the bubble of the enemy pvp mode. 

Enemy units would not have the normal movement style we tenno are accustomed to, therefore the challenge would be different there as well.

Maybe even a battle royale mode since those appear to be popular with the fortnite and apex crowds alike. 

How else to create challenge if you have the greatest challenge at your finger tips...other players. 

Just a thought.

You want to have PVP in a game that has(or is going to have) cross system gameplay? Sure but only if you reply to every message about PC having an unfair advantage because they use mouse and keyboard and every other platform has inferior controls.

35 minutes ago, Sazero said:

You want to have PVP in a game that has(or is going to have) cross system gameplay? Sure but only if you reply to every message about PC having an unfair advantage because they use mouse and keyboard and every other platform has inferior controls.

on the date of August 24th Destiny 2 will have crossplay/save, they've already got a plan in place for its pvp elements. 

pc will match with pc and consoles with consoles, the only time it will mix the two is if a pc player invites a friend that is on console into their fireteam then starts a pvp match. And its something they will be keeping an eye on and seeing what needs to be adjusted.

This isn't the best solution but it is a viable one. Either way its pvp and the concept of pvp is basically dead in warframe nothing will breath life into it with or without dedicated servers.

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Maybe even a battle royale mode since those appear to be popular with the fortnite and apex crowds alike. 

How else to create challenge if you have the greatest challenge at your finger tips...other players. 

I've said enough in the other thread already -- and this one might get merged there, anyway, because the mods don't like it when too many people bring it up I guess. Also, there were many Battle Royale threads in the past and those didn't go anywhere.

But just because it always comes up: Yes, there already are dedicated servers in this game's PvP and maybe console people might even be able to play on them once cross-play rolls around (no promises, though, just speculation).

In the meantime, and sorry for the off-topic in this, but you might be one of the few people on the forums who could be interested in this:

16 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

and better aim assist.

crossplay in competitive shooters has been a thing for a while. nobody cares about controls anymore. cheats on the other hand...

Fair enough.
PVP is still a bad idea though.

There's been a couple huge threads about this already.  I'm pretty sure at least one has been locked after turning into a Forum PVP deathmatch.  "You're a stupid head!"  "No U!" 

You might look through those first and see what's already been covered.  (And what's been drug out into the alley and beaten to death already.)

1 hour ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

god no.. when will battle royales ever die? Epic Games has a lot to answer for ( I know they didn't invent BR, but they did popularize it to what it is now with Fortnite.)

as much as I like the idea of a few simple grineer vs corpus game modes, there are a few problems that have come up since:

- the newest problem is cross-play: PC players with mouse and Keyboard will have a distinct advantage over the rest of the playerbase, and you can't segregate them, because then it wouldn't be crossplay.

- an older problem is that most people here just don't want the PvP, and in the event they feel like takign on other players, they have other games they can go to that provide a better PvP experience, including other free games like Apex Legends or CoD: Warzone for example.

- a constant problem is a lack of dedicated servers: there are some already for conclave but more would be needed if there's going to be an increase in player count. 

ultimately it's very unlikely: for a brief period I was kinda hoping for a slapdash Corpus vs grineer mode, existing maps and tilesets, and a few cosmetic rewards for playing, nothing major. but a lack of demand for PvP and the future of cross-play has killed any chance of it happening. doesn't matter much anyway, warframe is far better as a PvE game. 

I don't, because it won't be good, because DE doesn't know how to do PvP. And even if they did, Warframe's mechanics are not suited to PvP. There's so much that would need to be improved, from the animations to weapon customization to the modding system to weapon handling and movement. And that applies both to the warframes as well as the characters presented in the New War scripted demo.

Warframe is a primarily-PvE shooter/rpg featuring crazy movement, so I don’t think people are gonna be amazed at the idea of playing as a grounded enemy grunt walking around the map with barely any powers in play. If I wanted that I’d play CoD, except even some CoD games have better movement than that.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

Until the game gets true dedicated servers, peer-to-peer pvp will be continue to be awful.

Peer-to-peer pve already has enough trouble and I do hope crossplay brings matchmaking 2.0 or we are in for serious trouble.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

Until the game gets true dedicated servers, peer-to-peer pvp will be continue to be awful.

Came to the thread to say exactly this. 

Without 100% dedicated server only PvP, hosted by DE, it will always be a bad idea. 

Also, even if we get over that hurdle, I'm not sure people really want to open the can of toxic worms that would come with putting PvP in a game that compared to most has such a care bears community (seriously, I've seen people say this community can be toxic, but compare it to any game that has a popular PvP mode and it might as well be the hundred acre wood from Winnie The Pooh and friends). 

Archived