Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most op ability

(XBOX)DeadPool8307

1 hour ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

No matter what your thinking, its not that.

That harpoon attack from ancient healers that does many things at once, and nearly impossible to defend against its worst effect.

1.high damage hit..

2.drags you on floor..

3.sets your energy back to ZERO!?

I have never understood why such a common enemy has such a devastating attack. In high level missions, just 1 hit from full energy to 0 will kill most frames who rely on their energy and are built with efficiency and energy generation in mind but it all falls apart when this bullS#&$ puts you to 0 energy constantly.

WTF DE? Ive been waiting years for this to change. 90% of warframes are banned from end game infested directly because of this 1 aspect of a Common enemy.

The bolded part isnt entirely true.

Ancient Healer = DR Aura and other utility for friendlies.

Toxic Ancient = "WTF where did my health go?" for squishy frames, or in short, point #1 on certain frames.

Ancient Disruptor = Point #3 from your list.

All of the above are covered by #2.

And like everything else in the game, there are certain frames that shine versus different things. If you really dislike fighting Infested, just go to those missions with Lavos or Revenant and ignore everything that they throw at you while you laugh in their face as you cut or blow them to pieces. Option 3 is Saryn, Vauban or Protea, then you just camp a good chokepoint spot. Add gloom for Saryn and Protea, on Vauban it isnt needed since you can just keep a vortex in a spot filled with flechette orbs.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

That harpoon attack from ancient healers that does many things at once, and nearly impossible to defend against its worst effect.

1.high damage hit..

2.drags you on floor..

I have never understood why such a common enemy has such a devastating attack. In high level missions, just 1 hit from full energy to 0 will kill most frames who rely on their energy and are built with efficiency and energy generation in mind but it all falls apart when this bullS#&$ puts you to 0 energy constantly.

WTF DE? Ive been waiting years for this to change. 90% of warframes are banned from end game infested directly because of this 1 aspect of a Common enemy.

Use silence.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

1.high damage hit..

2.drags you on floor..

Honestly, I didn't even know this was a thing.  I've been dragged by enemies, but never noticed losing energy from the attack.  Maybe I just figured it was an Eximus?  Or maybe I'm super strong...?

ancient grapples are an annoyance, but to be fair we have numerous way to kill or CC them to stop them from using it. 

and the energy drain is only done by the Ancient Disruptor: healers just drag and smack you, Toxin ones are almost as bad as disruptors because they pull you in then use their powerful toxin AoE burst. yo can already block their grapples, but personally I think if you are in the midst of a melee attack, you should parry/cut away the grapple as well. that way if you're worried about being grabbed, melee a couple times. worst case scenario is they don't grapple you and you'll look funny, but that's a small price to pay for not being dragged on your a$$/ not having to run Primed Sure-footed all the time. 

at this point though, I'm 99% sure DE wants their grapples to stay as they are. at least they aren't getting buffed though. imagine if they released a new type of Ancient who could use a Grapple like Khora's Ensnare or some other hard CC? then you'd have something to complain about...

17 hours ago, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

Lol, the tracking on that ability will grab you in mid bullet jump. Only way to avoid is staying out of its range.

That ****ing ability has hit me through walls more times than I can count

At this point in time I just tool up with Inaros with Hunter Adrenalie and my Zaw. Smash infested at range with exodia bolts and if I do get hooked by a disruptor I can dive into any nearby patches of goo or fart cloud to instantly regen energy and recast Gloom.

My build is basically a walking middle finger towards ancients

14 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Honestly, I didn't even know this was a thing.  I've been dragged by enemies, but never noticed losing energy from the attack.  Maybe I just figured it was an Eximus?  Or maybe I'm super strong...?

It doesnt affect status immune frames. At least it does not Rhino and Reveneant. 

17 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

It comes from ancient disruptors and any infested enemy with their crackling purple aura on them.  It's not as noticeable in lower level content.  But later on, if you're not status immune, getting smacked or dragged by a disruptor (or touched by any of its influenced friends) means a one way trip to zero energy town.

The problem with this ability is how it scales, and also how infested work in general.  Star chart infested, at about the 7 minute mark in a mission, become "OOPS! All ancients!" and it's very difficult to parse what's going on.  You can't really isolate targets, as the ancients are so prevalent.  And every infested has animations that are difficult to read.  Combine all this with overlapping (and stacking) ancient auras, swarm clouds, osprey gas, and mutalist moa tar goop, and you've got a stew going, a stew of unreadable, frustrating game mechanics and the occasional one hit kill out of nowhere.

I think DE realized what a gameplay mess the infested are, as they rectified a lot of their issues with the gray strain infested on Deimos (while still introducing a few annoying issues like arbitrary viral/rad immunity).  My hope is that we eventually get an infested overhaul update (or updates) that features variations on newer tilesets with infestation added, infested liches, infested RJ, new infested weapons, and better enemy variety/mechanics/readability.

seems to me this whole thread is kinda silly.

we play as godlike killing machines....single handedly wiping out hordes and hordes of enemies without even breaking a sweat. theres one enemy type that can knock you down and steal some energy....and instead of just figuring out a strategy to deal with this one particular enemy...we get calls for de to recode the game.

come on.

its just lazy.

4 hours ago, Dante said:

Doesn't it still stun you for ~half a second? I might be wrong, haven't used the mod since forever.

No.  It allows you to completely ignore almost all knockdown/pull effects with zero interruption.  It lets you fire the bramma, or any other explosive weapon, directly at your feet and never miss a beat.

You'll still get lifted up a bit by some slam attacks, like those Vallis Corpus.  But beyond that you don't have much to worry about.  It beats Handspring for sure.  The only problem is its massive capacity cost.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

No.  It allows you to completely ignore almost all knockdown/pull effects with zero interruption.  It lets you fire the bramma, or any other explosive weapon, directly at your feet and never miss a beat.

You'll still get lifted up a bit by some slam attacks, like those Vallis Corpus.  But beyond that you don't have much to worry about.  It beats Handspring for sure.  The only problem is its massive capacity cost.

I see. Thanks!

13 hours ago, HappyFishxas said:

I expect my energy get sucked dry in infested missions so I bring frames that don't require alot of energy to work. Nezha/Rhino are good options here, immune to knockdown too. 

exactly....something like inaros (and negation swarm augment) with resonator or breach surge...can kill hordes of infested all day and not even break a sweat.

On 2021-08-26 at 3:50 PM, cha0sWyrM said:

Primed_Sure_Footed.png

my thoughts on that is ... "we made a really bad enemy ability then made a solution to waste capacity on that fixes the problem"

it really adds nothing fun or interesting to gameplay, most players will just patch it out with a mod and pretend like it does not exist in the first place!

I would argue that the disarm mechanic is equally as bad ! I can't feel my arms, I don't know when I have dropped my gun only that my gun stopped working which leads me to scratching my head wondering if the game bugged again.

dropped weapons don't even tell you if its your weapon dropped its just generically marked on the ground for everyone in the party! with the same marker that is used for objectives!

one thing I want to compare both to is wow, they had a disarm mechanic (which auto equpped your weapon after the disarm duration ended) weapon chains to stop disarm became mandatory, developers just end up removing the disarm mechanic from enemies because of that!

On 2021-08-26 at 11:37 AM, (XBOX)DeadPool8307 said:

1.high damage hit..

2.drags you on floor..

iron skin....

Archived