The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

I recently watched a video where someone did a break-down of the cost and contents of both Prime Access real money purchases and Prime Resurgence real money purchases.  The part that I found compelling was that in Prime Access, players get Platinum, while with Regal Aya players get Endo.  These are two pretty different resources, and I'm wondering how the community feels about this swap.

I've heard what this streamer thinks on the topic, but I'm curious to hear what others think as well.  So if you have thoughts, please share them with me!  Thanks!

---

( Just because I assume someone will ask, here's the video in question, but it is not required watching to express your thoughts on this topic; it's just a 30-minute monologue of one person's opinion: https://youtu.be/DXqSkMwe_A8?t=33 )

1 minute ago, (XBOX)XGN Zemus 7 said:

3 ish hours 2 aya drops great idear D.E but sorry no thanks, let me Know when new War drops I'll be back for that unless there some drop rate increase or something have fun farming tenno 🤭

That news sould drop on the 30th of November for when the new war will drop untill then there are hundreds of games iv been playing if you want a good one play (the forgotten city) its a puzzle, mystery, investigation game with 4 ending 

What happened to the Prime Resurgence events? I watched all trailers and read all hype released by DE which never mentioned there would be most prime items would be locked behind a cash wall. I read you could take a free path to earn Aya or buy Regal for instant access. Instead its earn Aya for simple relics, a decal, and a infested cape. all of them which I have from the past and no prime gear is available through Aya otherwise....

My main issue with this besides feeling it was kept from us in the hype, on perpose to get us excited, is now during and through the holidays when I am to provide extra for my children and family, right after such a huge financial loss during the pandemic, the game hyped up an event with a huge cash-gate. I mean 20$ for 2 regal aya? That is very steep considering that is almost as expensive as diapers and baby wipes for a week in my house.

Thanks for listening! Please rethink the cash-gate, specially now when the people need a little lift and smile through the holidays!

Sincerely,

Vorpal_Ocelot

You should check your eyes because it's very clear what the event was in the dev workshop since day 1: Regal aya for prime access/vaults stuff (real money, as had always been) nd a "free path" with aya for relics, the difference is you choose this time which relicc you'll want to farm exclusively since 1 aya = 1 vaulted relic on rotation.

its $20 for 3 Regal aya and its only really needed for prime cosmetics, the game changing items (frames, weapons) are farmable.. Its expensive, but also unnecessary to enjoy the game. If you have to choose between a gold tinted digital syandana and baby diapers, just go with the diapers. 

I don't generally interact with the forums. I read them from time to time, but I don't post. I wanted to express my disappointment in this whole event so far. From the introduction to a second premium currency(Real money) to the low drop rates of the free aya which could potentially be a thing to push people to buy the new currency; to the unfortunate miscommunication(Hoping it was miscommunication and not intentional..), that led people to think we could farm in game for the items they missed in the past and weren't able to get. To the fact that I have introduced several friends and spent a good deal of money on buying Platinum, supporting the game and developers that I thought were generally being kind and good to their community, only to have this slapped in our faces. I'm not mad, I'm not angry or upset really, I'm just severely disappointed that they decided to go this route. I hope this was an unintentional thing and not something DE planned to try and get a cash grab, because I genuinely thought they were different from other companies. Sure, earning money on a game you work on is fine, but gouging your community who has supported you loyally for years, that's not okay. I look forward to DE's response to this whole mess and hope for the best, because while I know Warframe updates have never been great on launch days, I have always thought DE were one of the best developer groups out there. I guess we'll see. 

Is there really anything new to say? Buying Credits, Endo, and resources from DE's market has always been ludicrously overpriced/overvalued. It remains true with Prime Resurgence. The "replacement" is far, far too low. 10k Endo is like 35p. 50k Endo is like 175p. That's not even mentioning how much more useful plat is/how useless Endo is. I've got a million of the stuff I can't use for anything. Why would I want more?

I understand Rhino Prime and Nyx prime were the last vaulted primes and there is no way to get them n prime resugence but what about Rhino Prime Noggle and Nyx Prime Noggle? The news page says that Dax Varzia is selling them but i dont see them.

.UJgo1OM.jpg

Just another slap in the face for vets, nothing new to see here...move along citizen

----

Very painful grind, I hold very low expectation and still managed to be dissapointed. Such bland events. (Lucky newbs...even luckier if don't realize that they got scammed by raya)

I guess the new war will be the make or break for me. Never imagined that a switch ported MHRise now look 10x more appealing than before.

i think for something with no plat, the Regal Aya packs do ask a bit much. if they reduced the price by like a third or so I wouldn't have a problem with it, but yeah... I'll admit I did get the Edo armor this week, but I won't be buying any more until Nekros' rotation, and then never again after that. I know the Bazaar was full of irate players once they realised how much stuff cost, and that they can't just farm regular Aya and convert it (which would help).

have to say though, the forums seems to have taken it better than I expected, I brought my popcorn and everything!

40 minutes ago, Vorpal_Ocelot said:

specially now when the people need a little lift and smile through the holidays!

the holidays is also the time when any business looks to make serious bank, especially videogame devs. this time of year is usually when you'll see the sleaziest tactics being deployed.

that said, I don't think Regal Aya is that bad.. but it could certainly be better. there's a number of ways they could improve it and give players more reason to buy Regal Aya:

- include a small plat sum in the bundle.

- allow us to convert large amounts of regular Aya into a Regal Aya, say 30 Aya = 1 Regal Aya as an example.

- reduce the price of Aya bundles 

I'm sure that DE do at least want  to try and improve this system, so they can continue to use it. whether or not they do depends mainly on the sales figures, and how the community treats it. it may not be quite what people were expecting this time around, but with the right feedback - and most importantly, if DE are actually willing to listen - we could make the next Prime Resurgence a lot better for everyone. 

48 minutes ago, Vorpal_Ocelot said:

What happened to the Prime Resurgence events? I watched all trailers and read all hype released by DE which never mentioned there would be most prime items would be locked behind a cash wall. I read you could take a free path to earn Aya or buy Regal for instant access. Instead its earn Aya for simple relics, a decal, and a infested cape. all of them which I have from the past and no prime gear is available through Aya otherwise....

My main issue with this besides feeling it was kept from us in the hype, on perpose to get us excited, is now during and through the holidays when I am to provide extra for my children and family, right after such a huge financial loss during the pandemic, the game hyped up an event with a huge cash-gate. I mean 20$ for 2 regal aya? That is very steep considering that is almost as expensive as diapers and baby wipes for a week in my house.

Thanks for listening! Please rethink the cash-gate, specially now when the people need a little lift and smile through the holidays!

Sincerely,

Vorpal_Ocelot

Prime Access was cash only or GTFO
Players who dont spend $$$ needed to farm relics and then open them to get their crap

How this is cash gate yet Prime Access was perfectly fine with you?

Also there was very clear message in patch notes about how to earn each so idk what did you read

So you took our feedback and did...nothing. GG. Adding more premium currency and crippling the drop-rates just makes you look scummy. You already changed the wording because you knew you weren't offering a full 1:1 exchange, but checking the math makes it even worse.

Your premium packs are bad, full stop. The aya implementation is a half-decent idea with terrible implementation, but the only suggestions that will get any looks are the ones that get tons of upvotes on Reddit.

This is a sad day for Warframe.

This is, without a doubt, the worst implemented "event" I have ever seen DE release. I pity the players who actually need the Prime gear in these rotations. Those needing to fill in gaps in their Prime gear would be far better off waiting for the current Prime Vault openings where, for the same cash outlay, they would get platinum instead of endo. I have supported Warframe for over 5 years. I buy the prime packs, I have bought the prime vault packs. I have spent enough on this one game to have bought everyone in my family an Xbox Series X, along with my entire leadership team in our clan. I run every event. I was going to run this event to help newer members get prime frames they definitely need. I have endured the grind for Railjack when it was first dropped, Helminth system, Scarlet Spear, before DE fixed the multitude of bugs. But this, this is beyond the pale. I can only surmise that this is something that came down from their holding company as a directive. I would like to have the prime noggle decorations, but I will not spend š80.00 USD for in game decorations. I will not grind for regular Aya at the low drop chances we have. Even if I were missing a prime frame, I would get it from the trades. My time is worth more than that. Hoping The New War lives up to the hype. I truly do. If you want participation in this event, Give someone a decent chance at getting Aya. If you want people to buy Regal Aya, put platinum into the prime bundles, you know, like with Prime Vault packs. Somebody seems to be willing to fall on their sword over this event not offering plat in the paid bundles. Hate to see it, but sometimes life has hard lessons. I hope this one hurts enough to be memorable. I love you folks at DE. Wish continued good things for you. But this was poorly thought out. This is a smart community. This is a generous community. Folks in this community can do the Math, literally. A high percentage of the community are software engineers. It is more than slightly insulting to be told that you cannot change the endo to plat, or that there is not enough time to make the change before launch. It is a hotfix. I can practically guarantee we will see hotfixes roll out over the next few days. Going to have to let this one slide, unless the proper changes are made.

Can I just add another point for why the endo being part of the deal instead of the standard platinum is insane?

Platinum has universal spending possibilities; you can spend it on pretty much anything in the game where as the endo is pretty much only used for upgrading mods. I don't need to upgrade my mods. I do however need to buy inventory slots. Platinum is no where near comparable to endo no matter how much you offer.

This really does feel like a bit of a money grab. If this is going to be the "New and improved" premium unvaulting experience I'm going to be mega disappointed. Will probably be ropes for me with Warframe.

IMO it was a conscious decision to not include plat.... potential for additional sales from the newbies they're really aiming this 'event' at.  Most of us on the forum are longer term players, we're not DE's cash cow any more as much as we'd like to think otherwise.  Newbies might not even know about the old packs with plat included....

IMO the basic idea of this event is:

Give newbies a new frame via aya and their bank card, they want to use the 'free' endo on mods to rank up but early game newbies have no credits so 'instant gratification' players break out the bank card again and buy plat for either a credit booster or credits etc.  They want to be overpowered space ninjas like how the game promotes itself and they want it 'now'.

Newbie sees nice shiny cosmetic in 'plat store' after finding out 'fashion is endgame', aya doesn't work in the 'plat store' so the newbie needs to buy ANOTHER premium currency because they don't know about trade and/or don't have anything to trade... out comes the bank card again.

So in it's current form DE has the potential to get money from raya sales and then double or even triple dip from plat sales afterwards. 

Now I'm not against DE making money, it's a business after all, but this 'event' is actually, imo, quite predatory against players that are generally of a younger age. 

Now if packs included plat, newbies will just use said plat to get whatever else they need to buy so no multiple sales for DE....all we as players can do is vote with out wallets if we don't like this new 'approach'. 

I think i figured out that de is definitely trying to scam us and then think we'll forget that they did what they did when the new war comes out 

But I think they should remember they messed up for the rest of there careers they messed with there fan base the people that have been with them for years and they want to treat us like we're stupid 

Alright, I'm gonna leave this here because people are much more inclined to whine and moan instead of trying to figure out the most effective method to farm for Aya.

• Ghoul Bounty) Stage 1 = 26.4% drop. If you choose to grind this complete the 1st stage then restart the mission(Be courteous & do in solos or preformed squads).

• Cetus R5 Bounty) Stage 2&3 = 33% drop, Stage 4 = 25.6% drop, & Stage 5 = 38.78% drop(Stage 5 Twice with all Bonus Objectives complete).

• Orb Vallis R5 Bounty) Stage 2&3 = 25% drop, Stage 4 = 21.4% drop, & Stage 5 = 50% drop(Stage 5 Twice with all Bonus Objectives complete).

• Cambion Drift R5 Bounty) Stage 2&3 = 28.5% drop, Stage 4 = 22.2% drop, & Stage 5 = 43.4% drop(Stage 5 Twice with all Bonus Objectives complete).

Parting Tip: Orb Vallis & Cambion Drift Bonus Objectives are generally hard to fail, though the "get twice the amount of kills as the Grineer squad" bonus objective on Cambion drift can cause some people trouble, Cetus Bonus objectives can be real BS and screw you over just because they feel like.
Also, consider doing Bounties solo or in a group of two at most as the way Bounties are designed is "Anti Co-op" in terms of farming efficiency, generally giving you more objectives per stage that makes them take longer which cannot be overcome because of how they are designed.

Tiny Tip: Your Warframe can capture containers by itself in Orb Vallis Container captures which is helpful in solo. May not make sense unless you think about or "know".

Your welcome, also here, if you've decided you wanna check the tables yourselves instead of yelling about bad drop rates in Void missons.
https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html

I didnt see anything mention about the 90days affinity and resource booster we also got with the acessory pack. I know for 2022 it will be fine since youre still running prime access but do you have any plans for those ? Having all the prime weapons and frames i find it hard to spend 8$ (im from québec) for a noogle. It seems you took more away then you are giving. 

Archived