Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE should make ALL Augment mods compatible with the Exilus slot

PSvsXBOX

I recommend thinking very hard about the purpose of exilus slots before making the same suggestion that hundreds of other players already made before because they didn't stop to think about the purpose of the exilus slots.

13 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

That was because people had a valid point that guns were "weak". 

kinda more like they had a valid point that they are bad at learning the game mechanics and using them.

the lowest common denominator using of a Melee Weapon is certainly better than the same for Guns, but that still sounds like user error.

On 2021-11-16 at 2:14 PM, ZeroX4 said:

Vaubans Repelling Bastille make it so if you throw one vortex into another their time/duration will add up
So if one last 10 sec throwing another one into it will make it so it last now 20 throwing yet another one make it so it last now 30 sec and so go on
Which would translate to with 1 mod i can go with under 100 duration and still have this ability doing its job perfectly fine or even better
Considering i only need to care about efficiency and range now
So 1 augment mod replaced how many mods for me atm? Like 2 or 3? Not to mention capacity drain since it Repelling Bastille is only 9 on un polarized slot
BTW vortex can be cast in multiple places soooooo...

Ember her augment Exothermic for Inferno enemies have 15% chances to drop energy orbs if they die under its effect (with burning status from Inferno)
Again augment mod capacity drain 9 (we are always talking about max rank here) and how many efficiency or max energy mods i can just dont give a F*** if i go for damage and range eventually duration? Not to mention im free to put Blinded Rage without any penalty

Then we have Nekros and his Shield of Shadow augment mod for Shadows of the Dead
What it does is shadows that are in range of 50m from Nekros each will take 6% dmg instead of him
With my build i can spawn 7 of that bastords where sometimes if shadow can spawn a drone i can go up to 11 or 14 or maybe even higher i never paid attention to it
But ok lets stick with 7 where 7x6=42% dmg reduction do if i get one with drones or the other that spawn anything else lets just say i get 11 and 11x6=66% dmg reduction 
Do i even need to say how many defensive mods i dont need to even care about for that kind of defense mechanism with just 1 mod with capacity drain of 9

Regardless i am all in for dedicated augment mod slot or dedicated exilus mod slot
But i am perfectly aware why we dont have it and why we most likely wont have it

BTW where are all white knights fighting against power creep? Are you asleep or rolling rivens for level 10 enemies again?

As far as vauban goes, I don’t really understand the argument. Your still balancing power strength, range, efficiency, survivability, utility, and also duration as you have to still pay attention to your timer on your various abilities including bastille(s). There is still a price to pay in sacrificing duration. The mod itself kind encourages you to build for both duration and efficiency.  But I’m lost because that augment already exist with a capacity of 9. So what are we even talking about? 

In terms of Ember, in low level play you might be able to bypass efficiency. But the energy drop granted by exothermic is not sufficient to replace efficiency mods. Perhaps you won’t run streamline but still run primed flow. My preferred Ember build makes use of both efficiency mods and primed flow as I find them more beneficial and reliable than the augment. Reliability helps when you are trying to balance an energy pool that depleted exponentially, especially if you’ve opted to use two channel abilities. So, free to put on Blind Rage without penalty is quite hyperbolic. 

Nekros shield of shadows augment should have been base to the ability. It makes 0 sense for his ultimate ability to do low damage and offer low protection without an augment. There’s no real point in talking about what the augment adds because the ability is so underpowered they augment is a necessity for it to hold its weight against ember’s 3rd or trinity’s third or almost any other DR. Minions are not in a good spot power-wise or as distractions. 

I would prefer additional augment slots separate from the other slots that are augment only, because many augments serve as band aids. Some offer nice boosts (which is ideally the point of augmenting oneself) the fact that the boost is character specific, I would argue I should get more benefit from a warframe specific mod than a general mod if I do not have a separate augment slot and must sacrifice a general mod for an augment. 

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

As far as vauban goes, I don’t really understand the argument. Your still balancing power strength, range, efficiency, survivability, utility, and also duration as you have to still pay attention to your timer on your various abilities including bastille(s). There is still a price to pay in sacrificing duration. The mod itself kind encourages you to build for both duration and efficiency.  But I’m lost because that augment already exist with a capacity of 9. So what are we even talking about? 

In terms of Ember, in low level play you might be able to bypass efficiency. But the energy drop granted by exothermic is not sufficient to replace efficiency mods. Perhaps you won’t run streamline but still run primed flow. My preferred Ember build makes use of both efficiency mods and primed flow as I find them more beneficial and reliable than the augment. Reliability helps when you are trying to balance an energy pool that depleted exponentially, especially if you’ve opted to use two channel abilities. So, free to put on Blind Rage without penalty is quite hyperbolic. 

Nekros shield of shadows augment should have been base to the ability. It makes 0 sense for his ultimate ability to do low damage and offer low protection without an augment. There’s no real point in talking about what the augment adds because the ability is so underpowered they augment is a necessity for it to hold its weight against ember’s 3rd or trinity’s third or almost any other DR. Minions are not in a good spot power-wise or as distractions. 

I would prefer additional augment slots separate from the other slots that are augment only, because many augments serve as band aids. Some offer nice boosts (which is ideally the point of augmenting oneself) the fact that the boost is character specific, I would argue I should get more benefit from a warframe specific mod than a general mod if I do not have a separate augment slot and must sacrifice a general mod for an augment. 

Try this on any mobile def or defection or interception (if you go without Primed Sure Footed it wont require any forma)
And then we can talk about price that is there to pay
MJSMQWu.png

Ember is another case when we will not argue the utility but our play style it all comes down to for what you bring her
Like if you ditch duration and go for range + str Exothermic does feel like made for spamming and even SP missions with infested becomes a joke
And exterminations up to sortie level (not to mention fissures) are cake walk (Natural Talent can be replaced with anything)
And all you do is only spam 4 and dont care (streamline does feel better than natural talent if it comes down to hard core spamming)
8p9LHd2.png

For some reason im able to run with Nekros hours long survivals on SP solo
I would say its because Shield of Shadows but who knows maybe im wrong
ZPD4Dck.png

And yeah we all wish for ability to shove in more mods into our frames and there is no one who would wish to limit himself
I just say i do understand why its not a thing and its perfectly justified why there are not any steps taken into that direction

We are already OP and just because someone dont know how to mod properly does not give him any argument to demand more mod slots
If someone wants to have 1k HP Limbo its ok but don demand more slots because your duration sux

One thing I just noticed today after my (potentially) final forma to my Valkyr Prime: [Hysterical Assault] which slots into the exilus slot can't be used if I have [Enraged] slotted on. I can guess why but I must say, My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. Guess I'll just stick a peculiar mod on her then, oh well.

10 minutes ago, Megalomaniakaal said:

One thing I just noticed today after my (potentially) final forma to my Valkyr Prime: [Hysterical Assault] which slots into the exilus slot can't be used if I have [Enraged] slotted on. I can guess why but I must say, My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined. Guess I'll just stick a peculiar mod on her then, oh well.

Yup.  Same thing with Nyx Assimilate / Singularity.  Might be a technical limitation, or might be a sanity check.  Possibly an old one they haven't reviewed, given that there are so few cases of abilities with multiple augments.

On 2021-11-16 at 11:48 AM, PSvsXBOX said:

I know this was requested so many times already, but come on, this little change wouldn't hurt, it would give us more options on what mod to put in the slot instead of the 5, 6 mods that are used in the slot. I can't be the only one who wants this little change? Plus builds would be more flexible, since we really don't have that many useful exilus mods. Tell me what you think all, I really think it wouldn't hurt adding this change.

Exilus mods are for mobility or utility purposes only. Warframe augments are most definitely not utility. They are changing (hence augmenting) the base power. 

So, no, they should not make them exilus compatible. Or they should not add a dedicated slot.

49 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Might be a technical limitation,

Basically, each time you slap an augment on a skill gets replaced, sort of similar to what happens when you infuse one from helminth. There's 1.) Hysteria, 2.) Enraged Hysteria and 3.) Hysterical Assault. Sadly there is no 4.) Enraged Hysterical Assault. So they just blocked the combo since only one would likely apply and then everyone would complain that the other doesn't.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Tazzilla88 said:

I've never tried Repelling Bastille because once you have Umbral Polarities you kinda don't need it...

Also other players can find Vortex to be Obnoxious so I don't plan on making my Booben Public Enemy #1....

The Orb RNG can be really bad even at 50% using SpectroSiphon on Mag.... It costs 75 Energy so if Arcane Energize doesn't Proc you need 3 Energy Orbs to drop to break Even....

To make it work better you need atleast one Energy Orb so that you can Caste Magnetize to pull in more Enemies and Roll for more "Arcane Energize Fodder"....

I bet you can Forego using this Augment if you can Squeeze Radiation Status on The Cedo......

7 Aggro Deflectors is not alot but if you can bump up that number using Rad Procs then you can probably Skip The Augment 🤔.... I mean the Cedo by itself can Deflect alot Of Aggro.... Some times it feels like I'm Channeling Loki without the Disarm 😱.

That would just make the mods that are designed to go in that spot be used less which we don't want.  Nor am I fond of the idea of adding another "slot" for augments.  Just feels like people want bandaid solutions to a system that is long due for an overhaul.  Personally i'd rather they add value to the helmith system (since they killed what it was going to be useful for early on,) by letting you subsume augments into the hemith.  That way you can put the modified version of the ability onto your frame without needing to mod it in.

I am actually a supporter of having augments be burnt into frames by helminth.

It was one of the things I was hoping from it.

There would of course be a cost involved , either some mod capacity or a special slot that costs more resources/impact in other frame attributes.

Before umbra forma became so abundant (relatively) getting a loadout with all slots filled was not always a smart option. But that's becoming less of an issue as time progresses. But even then , just having a slot will not be as dire unless it costs no mod capacity.

The additional unfortunate situation is that not all augments are equal , especially when considering warframes themselves are not equally powerful either. Some augments are nice to have , some add gameplay options , some are downright mandatory for specific builds , some are just too powerful to be ignored and some are utterly pointless to even bother purchasing.

• 10 months later...
On 2021-11-16 at 12:48 PM, PSvsXBOX said:

I know this was requested so many times already, but come on, this little change wouldn't hurt, it would give us more options on what mod to put in the slot instead of the 5, 6 mods that are used in the slot. I can't be the only one who wants this little change? Plus builds would be more flexible, since we really don't have that many useful exilus mods. Tell me what you think all, I really think it wouldn't hurt adding this change.

I cant agree any more. Some Warframes can only become viable with the augments. As the game progresses, enemies will become harder and players grind and play to become more powerful. And we should encourage people to grind/play and try many different kinds of builds which would include having the exilus slot viable for augments. We should make the syndicate rank 5 much more rewarding for players to come play every day and it would make the trading system much better since now people would be using mods they cannot get after choosing their 3 syndicates. Also grinding for Exilus Warframe Adaptor should also be rewarding.

For those who believe that it would break the game because it would make the warframe too overpowered, no it would not. The game has a mod capacity system that limits the kind of mods would would already have. Plus, its not like you are adding more than 10 mods in total. As long as you are not exceeding these two factors, you are not breaking past the limits the game has already have on the players.

And for those who believe that it would hurt the game, no it would also not. As long as it does not harm other players, discourage players from playing, or make the game too easy that you can breeze through even the hard levels it should be fine. In fact what I just suggest that DE should do would not only make the game more rewarding, it would encourage people to play more every day(so they can level up the syndicates), help people get more creative with their builds, improve the trading system by making augment mods hard to get and useful, and it gives players more desire and freedom to play the game.

Yup I'm 100% on board for making them all exilus.

All these power creep arguments are not well thought out, they're just knee-jerk reactions. Only like 3-4 frames would actually experience a power boost. Augments generally aren't power mods, they're utility.

I advocated elsewhere to actually do this and create a second exilus slot as well. That way people could run [PSF, Prep, Rush, etc] and an augment, or two augments.

Archived