Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I ... dont know what is happening with recruit chat

Danielw8

I don't know why that player hasn't been banned for requesting a 45h long arbitration..

How automated is that player's activity? Doesn't he/she sleep? Doesn't he/she work? Isn't he/she a student? Doesn't he/she eat? Doesn't he/she drink?

... No, seriously. How automated is that player's activity? That's pretty much the only thing wrong I see in that chat chat window.... besides, obviously, well... being a bit empty...

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Uhkretor:

I don't know why that player hasn't been banned for requesting a 45h long arbitration..

How automated is that player's activity? Doesn't he/she sleep? Doesn't he/she work? Isn't he/she a student? Doesn't he/she eat? Doesn't he/she drink?

... No, seriously. How automated is that player's activity? That's pretty much the only thing wrong I see in that chat chat window.... besides, obviously, well... being a bit empty...

Is it really that hard to understand that the players means 45-60 minutes? (- equals to).

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Kaotyke:

2) If you dont write anything in chat (as in, send any message) your name does not appear on the side-bar.

Thanks for that information btw, i sometimes refrained from posting because i thought there are only a handful of people reading.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

2) If you dont write anything in chat (as in, send any message) your name does not appear on the side-bar.

I'm 99% sure that's not the case.

1 hour ago, -Krism- said:

you-the-joke-missed-you-flew-flies-over-

It's nice of you to assume the person in question was joking.

Mind, being nice and being correct is not always the same :P

5 hours ago, Flannoit said:

iirc there's multiple "channels" for each chat, so you probably got dumped in an inactive one.

I don't think that is true? I always see the same people online whenever I go into trade chat with specific filter. So my guess is that it must be something else that caused him to get dumped into one of these other mythical "channels" you speak of or these channels don't exist.

My guess is that it is probably determined by ping to a central location that determines which who shows up in chat since I never get the "your ping is too far away message" when conducting a trade via trade chat compared to getting it via third party. And I think what happened is that OP's connection decided to go poo-poo causing everyone else to not appear in the chat.

6 hours ago, Flannoit said:

iirc there's multiple "channels" for each chat, so you probably got dumped in an inactive one.

It's kind of weird. I've only seen something like OP happen when I switch languages from launcher, since like a lot of MMOs Warframe chat channels also seem to be separated by languages. 

7 hours ago, XHADgaming said:

I don't think that is true? I always see the same people online whenever I go into trade chat with specific filter. So my guess is that it must be something else that caused him to get dumped into one of these other mythical "channels" you speak of or these channels don't exist.

My guess is that it is probably determined by ping to a central location that determines which who shows up in chat since I never get the "your ping is too far away message" when conducting a trade via trade chat compared to getting it via third party. And I think what happened is that OP's connection decided to go poo-poo causing everyone else to not appear in the chat.

Good answer but not true i was talking with a guy from that list and he was from us east and im from argentina. So recruit chat doesnt filter by ping

2 hours ago, traybong111 said:

It's kind of weird. I've only seen something like OP happen when I switch languages from launcher, since like a lot of MMOs Warframe chat channels also seem to be separated by languages. 

Thats correct if you put spanish lang in australia region you will be alone forever. But this is not the case

11 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Ha... I guess Warframe ignores JOIN messages and only adds users to its channel list on PRIVMSG.

Well, assuming the rumors are true that Warframe's chat is customized IRC under the covers...

EDIT: Or maybe DE forgot to issue "WHO" to get a list of channel users upon joining a channel. Oh... there's a namereply numeric that some IRC servers will issue when you join a channel. It's been a long time since I wrote IRC stuff!

5 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Work hour, I guess. Not everyone can play at 2.30 PM (8 - 5 schedule)

Finally !!!

I'm baffled it took so long for this Response 🤣🤣🤣....

I mean I also play late into the night but I never assumed everybody was just like me... 😝

Archived