Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 35.1.2 ETA & More!

[DE]Rebecca

In the rule of averages, it's a fine update. It's about time we went back there for real.

I want my Dash back, or Sling's response time needs improving. Please.  It does not feel like an upgrade.

All my Focus schools were maxed, with Focus and eidolon shards to spare on each tree, and yet, ranking up the new system, I have to go back and re-farm to finish two trees. This is annoying as an LR2, but like the CT scans I have to sit motionless through for kidney stones, I'll get it done.  If I were still an MR20, working through all the mastery to Legendary, this'd be frustrating enough to ignore the system for a good while. 

Where are the tutorials?  For the way Sling works, for Operator powers that now have Warframe power button presses, for all the new game modes, and especially the Kira fight. It felt like "hey, do the glassmaker again, but this time with your Operator, lol." I know that isn't what you intended, and mixing up game mechanics appeals to some but never all, but that was not fun.  Hard?  Fine when still fun.  She was not, and once I figured out how to actually use Sling (in the heat of a boss battle), also not hard. And she glitched out halfway through, making me almost have to quit out. A few self-yeetings into the abyss reset her.

And the shop/syndicate costs feel inflated, but maybe that's just because bounties weren't working right. 

Doubt anything I'll write at ~4am (where I live) will be read but I'm giving it a try in hopes that this will help or at least raise attention for:
Current bugs I've experienced (the spoiler is only to keep it smaller):

Spoiler

-Manually walking into elevator after picking a bounty alone results in the elevator being 'confused' and stuck on loop. You never reach the floor.
-Bounty reward pool is inflated and unrewarding, especially when it's essentially Sorties at all times.
-Rewarded weapon blueprints from the highest difficulty feel underwhelming when you have no way to figure out where to get their parts. The only way to 'get' them is to trade for plat, then purchase (or purchase the pack that also includes its stance since trying to trade for them will cost more than that for a good while).
-Objective items (like the Accolade) nor Melica's terminal are guaranteed to mutually spawn when both are needed. Can it be possible to keep the Accolade and interact with Melica in the Crysalith to hand it in there, so the objective doesn't prevent extraction?
-No way to force successful extraction with rewards when other objectives are impossible to fulfil (i.e: no enemies spawning leading to Void Flood loss).
-No 'stages' to the bounties, so you don't save any progress in case of any of these bugs.
-Tileset can occasionally fail to load properly when you load into a squad as a client. You can't leave the starting area (doors are displaced by a very specific distance and usually supplant a decorative item). You're boxed in and can only abort.
-A lot of items or objects seem to enjoy spawning in eachother.
-'Hinters' can get stuck on rails and almost any obstacles.
-Sometimes loading into a squad results in elevator door refusing to open.
-At least once, while as host, mission had no enemies. Not even Thrax.

Suggested fixes:

Spoiler

-Be able to access Crysalith bounties in-mission via a pause menu interaction for bounties that work with the mission currently at play.
-Check what fixed the Fortuna/Cetus 'gate' systems, see if something works.
-Bounty rewards should be triplicate and complete 'stages' for each objective achieved. Failure would not result in full inventory loss.
-Clarification (in UI or otherwise) telling people what parts can be found where and level brackets for the Voidplumes; would solve not knowing where new parts are.
-Forcibly generate unique premade objective rooms with clearer hinting to help people give Melica the Accolade. At current, people carry the Accolade to extraction out of confusion.
-Run an alignment check once map is loaded to realign everyone and everything to be true to what host is experiencing to avoid door weirdness?
-If enemies don't spawn after 2.5 minutes but objectives are completed, force completion? Or make it occasionally have an 'intermission' layer/period that is layered around the Grineer/Corpus states, where the type turns to crossfire.
-Give 'hinters' the ability to be visible through walls by a small extent and enable them to phase through surfaces if sufficient obstacles are met.
-Add elevator door interaction to force it open (can be applied to loading doors/elevators).

What works:

Spoiler

-New Focus abilities work nicely, but can sometimes be confusing or seem useless (i.e: Naramon's 2).
-Amps VS Angels.
-Angels.
-Thrax.
-Their interactions with objectives.
-Dormizones.
-Character interactions.
-Anything else I haven't mentioned, but hold on.

What doesn't seem to work:

Spoiler

-Speed-swapping between Warframe and Operator so often that it feels VERY clunky. I would prefer to equip my Operator/Drifter with a melee weapon instead of making them constantly back-and-forth with the Warframe. This is even more glaring when fighting Thrax and Angels.
-The elevator when you have a bounty.
-Whatever is labelled as 'bug'.
-This one time where I saw Relay options when loading into Crysalith. Sorry, didn't manage to screencap.
-Might have forgotten one or two things.
-Lack of room to 'mod' the Operator/Drifter and their amp of choice with arcanes. This is becoming more glaring as more Drifter/Operator centric conent is involved.

What I'm neutral about:

Spoiler

-Void-Sling. There's times where it works and times where it doesn't. It's currently in a place where bullet-jump has wins over it - especially when trying to reenter the Angel's halo after accidentally slipping and falling, but it's new so I'm getting used to it. I am currently treating it like a magical gravless grappling hook - that made it a little easier.

Things I enjoyed (spoiler'd):

Spoiler

-The School representation items.
-Voidshell customization options.
-Home(Z10-0) unsweet home.
-Thrax.
-Angels.
-The setup of the 3 Void modes.
-More intel about the 10-0.
-Tuvul the Orokin b-
-Why is there a pair of Dax blades in my apartment?
-I can customize the entrance area. Maybe I should move my cargo there?
-Free food (shame it's inedible).
-And more to come.

hace 4 horas, Wiz3rd dijo:

Please either revert Void Sling, or make it so that tapping it performs a Dash instead.
The new Sling is much slower, clunkier, and interrupts the flow of gameplay.
Transference and operator ability casting also takes a lot of time for no reason - before this update it took less than a second to transference out, do an energizing dash and get back in, nowadays transference has a long cooldown and an animation for the ability cast.

Overall focus changes seem like a move in the right direction, but at too steep a cost - operator play and movement is abysmal when compared to how fast and responsive it was before.

everything was done to make the new game modes more difficult, and of course, more unplayable.

zenurik was destroyed, desecrated, insulted, now it's a completely useless school.  I liked the crowd control you could do with the correct arcanes, all for boring and monotonous game modes. I don't think they will reverse the void dash and Zenurik changes, god it's horrible.

For now I see 3 ways:

• Don't play warframe
  • Don't play the new modes or
  • Adapt to unnecessary changes, that nobody asked for.

Don't fix something that isn't broken guys

I was incredibly excited about the content in this update too. I even left the work 30 mins earlier, so I could spend little more time playing new update, but because of horde of the bugs, I literally gained nothing, all my free time was wasted and my evening ruined

I always buy new cosmetics at the start of new update, even though I dont need then, because I dont use 90% of them, but I do it just to support you, guys. But now I really want my plat refund, because this one felt like a large, stinky spit in the face

3 hours ago, ConDucktorWhirl said:

Why don't you just test and iron out the bugs before pushing new content? Every single update you guys push out is littered with bugs and this update has been the WORST experience I've had with this game since I started playing back in 2015. Stop with the new content and focus on FIXING the problems that are STILL in the game. Y'all should be better than this by now.

Thanks .. this says it all DE.. failed again.. 2 year wait for this to be fixed.. hmmm .. oh no thats just wrong things like these changes dont get fixed ever!

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi Tenno!

Angels of the Zariman has arrived! We rarely emerge from a launch day without a same-day hotfix (we’re working on that), and today has been no different. While we are incredibly excited about the content in this update, we want to be transparent about when you can expect our next hotfix, among a few other things.

Hotfix 35.1.2 is currently scheduled for release on April 28 on all platforms. It will aim to eliminate the major issue with mission failure states for Bounties & more, and we’re reviewing your bug reports now to get it sorted, prioritized, and fixed. If this release date changes, we’ll update this thread. 

Beyond this, we want to make sure that any conversations about difficulty are guided by the reality that we have not taken a leap with base Star Chart difficulty in many years. We felt anything after ‘The New War’ was a good place to dial up the intensity (ideally without dialing up the issues too, but our Hotfixes will flow)! Our goal is to spend more time with this update to see how these higher-level missions play out as Loadouts are explored and optimized for these new challenges. We are watching closely and care deeply about player feedback on this matter. 

Thank you for your patience!

What happened to the twitch drops? No streams are longer showing to gain the new rewards. All the streams removed. 

If this is the culmination of delaying this update, doing streams to address player feedback, and pushing $$$ packs (Prime Resurgence, Support packs, etc.), then I'm just gonna  uninstall the game and wait for the next actual major update.

For people that are enjoying AotZ, more power to you. See ya whenever Duvari Paradox ends up releasing.

After a couple hours of exclusively playing Zariman missions with the reworked Unairu, the difficulty feels just about right with the exception of magnetic procs flying everywhere...

Other than that, the Zariman missions could use a QoL pass; ie, repeat last mission functionality currently doesn't function, requiring leaving the elevator and re-entering to select from the console.

The Transitions between Zariman missions just feels like it could be more seamless, especially compared to star chart selection and bounty givers in the field. On PC the load times would be fine, but the NSW load times can be excruciating at times for Hub content.

P.S. Magnetic Flare so far has seen minimal use outside of Last Gasp, even against Corpus. It's starting to feel more like it's there to gimp the Unairu loadout, and competes with Sundering Dissipation for energy pool usage. SD is just flat out superior in every way by stripping armor, doubling operator damage, and sees use across all factions against armored units.

I agree with everyone who says Void Sling feels very clunky. At high levels that slight delay can get you killed and getting killed because of a poor unreliable execution of an ability can be a little frustrating. Don't get me wrong I can work around it with the skills in some of the Schools. Unfortunately for me I'm going to have to grind as my focus on the Schools was particular to my playstyle and I was too lazy to complete the schools.

And I know it's a stupid gripe but I hate the name Void Sling. Lol Void Dash just sounds cooler to me and if it had to be changed to emphasize it's difference to Dash, Void Step would've been cool. Sorry like I said dumb but I just had to say it. 

Also I wish Zenuriks Void Singularity ability wasn't removed? It was one of the relevant abilities on the tree in my opinion. Some tubers where saying Zenurik was going to be one of the poorer reworks and I reserved judgement but it feels like they where right. Again just my opinion. 

I also agree with those who have said about the increased focus cost of the schools. It does kind suck to have completed a school with focus to spare and wind up coming short when ranking up the school again. 

Overall I like the school changes just some didn't sit well with me but I look forward to adapting if I have to. Just wanted to voice my opinion, no offence to anyone intended. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Tie-Kn33Bladdr said:

I agree with everyone who says Void Sling feels very clunky. At high levels that slight delay can get you killed and getting killed because of a poor unreliable execution of an ability can be a little frustrating. Don't get me wrong I can work around it with the skills in some of the Schools. Unfortunately for me I'm going to have to grind as my focus on the Schools was particular to my playstyle and I was too lazy to complete the schools.

And I know it's a stupid gripe but I hate the name Void Sling. Lol Void Dash just sounds cooler to me and if it had to be changed to emphasize it's difference to Dash, Void Step would've been cool. Sorry like I said dumb but I just had to say it. 

Also I wish Zenuriks Void Singularity ability wasn't removed? It was one of the relevant abilities on the tree in my opinion. Some tubers where saying Zenurik was going to be one of the poorer reworks and I reserved judgement but it feels like they where right. Again just my opinion. 

I also agree with those who have said about the increased focus cost of the schools. It does kind suck to have completed a school with focus to spare and wind up coming short when ranking up the school again. 

Overall I like the school changes just some didn't sit well with me but I look forward to adapting if I have to. Just wanted to voice my opinion, no offence to anyone intended. 

The new Dash should be renamed to Void Grapple.

Because that's what it was: you throw out a hook and then pull yourself towards it. Calling it 'Sling' was both a misnomer and wrong.

Also, can we have explanation of why the #*!% DE merged Surging Dash and Executing Dash, then made it manually casted ability??? You can't even kill the new Eximus using stealth finisher anymore! Before you just need to dash into a room with Surging Dash to open all containers---makes collecting medallions and ayatans easier if you don't want to be forced to use Limbo or put Golden Instinct in your Warframe. Now? You need to recast that S#&$ every. #*!%ING. TIME. you want to activate it.

Not looking forward to the Voidplume Crest farm. Played for around hours and only got 3. Would be nice to have some ability to trade up or down, like 5 Voidplume Down for 1 Voidplume Vane. 

Was worried about Void Sling, and it did feel quite a bit clunkier than the older Void Dash, but eh, I'll get used to it. The control feels worse cause it feels like I'm playing with a lot of lag, and my reflexes are off. That being said, it's probably better for newer players, in the sense that it's easier to master a weaker skill. I do like that if you're in the air, you don't have to go into void mode to Sling, without that, it would feel a lot worse I think.

6 minutes ago, Vicidomini said:

Not looking forward to the Voidplume Crest farm. Played for around hours and only got 3. Would be nice to have some ability to trade up or down, like 5 Voidplume Down for 1 Voidplume Vane. 

Was worried about Void Sling, and it did feel quite a bit clunkier than the older Void Dash, but eh, I'll get used to it. The control feels worse cause it feels like I'm playing with a lot of lag, and my reflexes are off. That being said, it's probably better for newer players, in the sense that it's easier to master a weaker skill. I do like that if you're in the air, you don't have to go into void mode to Sling, without that, it would feel a lot worse I think.

the crest voidplumes are a joke. 

I'm in shock of how flooded these drops tables are with pure S#&$. Credits, relics, endo, and lenses DO NOT BELONG ON THEM!!! Everything about this update so far has screamed, rushed, and inflate play time artificially instead of giving meaningful content.

It's another faction to level with daily caps and RNG drops to level them (IE: Fortuna bonds, and systems for Little Duck), with new materials from a location we know and been to before (which makes no sense...), with no meaningful story, with a new material system to customize frames that only supports 3 frames at the moment and is locked behind a paywall, with a pointless apartment that has no foundry or navigation menu despite everyone can send us stuff via the mail and communicate via cross dimensionally and galaxy.

Focus trees costing more seems like a desperate attempt to force people to get, and level more focus with hardly any meaningful changes to the operater stats and damage themselves. That, or someone really couldn't count. Operator abilities take TOO MUCH ENERGY for how long it takes to cast the abilities!!! It would be fine if they took 80% less energy for the cast time, and without a mod system, there is no way to speed this up.

Void Sling feels clunky, and doesn't actually go where you're aiming. It's always above the dot/reticle in the center of the screen. The marker is also dependant on energy color, but the surrounding area could match that color (IE: DEIMOS = RED/ORANGE ALL THE TIME) making it hard, to impossible to see. Can't imagine how color blind people will cope. There is also no way to hold to aim it, as it hits the max distance, it auto shoots you to that destination. It's also much slower than the dash, and you're undoing YEARS of muscle memory on EVERYONE!!! This was clearly changed for the mobile release. The delay it has as well before going off IS AWFUL!!! My thumb is fully off the botton for half a second or more before it goes off. That's 15+ frames of delay (on Switch at least since it's somewhat mostly 30fps) before your input actually is seen. It, along with the casting animation you're forced in, is bringing the pacing of the game to a grinding halt.

Now this coupled with "harder" content, with no health, armor, and ect. upgrades/buffs for Operators is creating issues and shows what hasn't been touched up at all. Operator weapons do pitiful damage in comparison to our frames (as it was clearly intended not be used as primaries, let alone secondaries) and it forces everyone to use one focus school pretty much for survivability, and damage via Wisps. Despite us now being forced to use them on enemies that are level 110+.

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

we have not taken a leap with base Star Chart difficulty in many years.

Steel path was not even released 2 years ago. Weather it was base, or not is besides the point. It was still a difficulty spike for the sake of doing it, and this seems no different with just new missions tied to it. The same approach could have been made minus the +200% in about everything stat wise for them.

Content on this new update is fun, new ennemies are suuuuuper classy, and got some weirds bugs:

- My mate had a sort of panel on the entry of a tunnel and cant follow me inside or destroy it
- After being it by the attack of the altar from new ennemy, and until the end of the mission, i couldnt get back to my Warframe from my operator voluntarly, must wait to my operator be killed by an attack, everytime.

(Please add Garuda augment mod for old passive, many players miss it :D )

Sling feels bad.

Not having void blast feels bad.

Nobody asked for this, this feels like a nerf because it is designed as such.

Introduction to new game mechanics feels rushed, we need to rely on  collectively assuming what is a bug and what's a feature.

I really feel like buying my way out of this by purchasing new frame, scythe and focusing on what I still enjoy doing in Warframe.

Well, slightly less now with new layer of clunk goo.

7 hours ago, ConDucktorWhirl said:

Why don't you just test and iron out the bugs before pushing new content? Every single update you guys push out is littered with bugs and this update has been the WORST experience I've had with this game since I started playing back in 2015. Stop with the new content and focus on FIXING the problems that are STILL in the game. Y'all should be better than this by now.

We should already know they dont care about that

simple way to fix zariman

1) bring back old void dash, and make it optional selection for those who wanna still enjoy void sling

2) split voidplume crest/down/vane equality chance of spawning in map, or just increase crest drop rate

3) adjust bounty reward drop, we looking for gyre part, not bunch of weapon bp

4) add a symbol on void angel when player vision able to spot angel

but I guess reading hard for yall, so do what yall wanted, not first time listen player suggestion isn't?

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

Bounty dynamic should be reviewed. The drop tables are too bloated for "bounties" with no stages. These are just rotating missions with arbitrary modifiers that have forced scheduling. People like to login and play when they want to, not wait for the right mission to align with parts they need.

"No abilities" is the most un-Warframe idea I've seen since Orphix.

I agree with the above. I'm really enjoying Zariman, I think the new endless missions are fun and they add a good way to include the operator in the flow of action, the tileset is beautiful, the lore is interesting. And I actually really enjoyed the focus rework, I don't even mind the slower void sling, it's whatever for me. There's other ways to move fast in WF, and I personally don't mind not being able to move at the speed of light.

But as usual the grind is kinda overtuned and annoying on release. Bounties can take a long time depending on the secondary objetive you get, you should get at least two rewards, one for each objective. And there's too much useless clutter rewards in the tables. Plus I'm not a fan at all of the new "medallion" search. Honestly DE, I've been saying this for YEARS, just give your players more freedom in how we want to play the game. I wish I could just efficiently farm rep for the new syndicate by doing the endless missions for longer periods of time because those are FUN, I don't want to do bounties with annoying secondary objectives and infinite loading elevator bug because that's the forced best way to farm rep. 

11 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Hope the bounty rewards get a look at.

15k credits for a 10+ minute, single stage, bounty with no bonus is not a encouraging sight.
We already have sooooooooooooo many places to farm endo and credits, a new end game tileset isn't the place for more.

the credit ammount is god awful for a area of it's level also

Archived