The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus immune to everything plus tanky is unreasonable

vitreloy

The eximus Intercept yesterday for our group did get have a crazy amount of eximus spawns.   But I think the spawns in that particular Intercept have always varied wildly.  Just before the eximus rework, when we got more enemies, eximus or not, it was all just extra meat for the meatgrinder.

While the mission was very touch and go, I think that had as much to do with some of the squad just expecting to coast.  Like, they were roaming around picking up loot and not keeping an eye on  points.  While it might have happened years ago, I can't recall -ever- failing an Interception, no matter how little some of the squad did to contribute.  This one came close a couple of times. It was nice to see a game mode that's supposed to prioritize teamwork actually do so. 

Yeah, it's too bad that Overguard emphasizes DPS so much and a few CC abilities that do work through it.  I'm hopeful that the next set of adjustments balance this out a little better and that DE continues to tweak it.  I also hope they don't overreact and make eximus amount to the non-entities they usually were before this.

11 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The eximus Intercept yesterday for our group did get have a crazy amount of eximus spawns.   But I think the spawns in that particular Intercept have always varied wildly.  Just before the eximus rework, when we got more enemies, eximus or not, it was all just extra meat for the meatgrinder.

While the mission was very touch and go, I think that had as much to do with some of the squad just expecting to coast.  Like, they were roaming around picking up loot and not keeping an eye on  points.  While it might have happened years ago, I can't recall -ever- failing an Interception, no matter how little some of the squad did to contribute.  This one came close a couple of times. It was nice to see a game mode that's supposed to prioritize teamwork actually do so. 

Yeah, it's too bad that Overguard emphasizes DPS so much and a few CC abilities that do work through it.  I'm hopeful that the next set of adjustments balance this out a little better and that DE continues to tweak it.  I also hope they don't overreact and make eximus amount to the non-entities they usually were before this.

I have noticed after the rework.  Bad squads in pub are a bit easier to spot.

Guys seem to be using lots of youtube builds and what not and running pub and then going down like crazy. 

A guy in SO (you know the lower level ESO). Seemed to go down nearly once in every zone.  I looked at their name and noticed their health and shield values were low. So either it was an unmodded frame or the guy just threw a bunch of ability mods on their frame like you see in videos without realizing that there's a risk with running no survivability mods. (Could have also been dragon keys but the point stands.)

DE went full DPS and survivability meta, so you need high DPS weapons.  Then they cherry-picked which abilities work on eximus and which don't, so again, check the meta. The whole challenge is being able to pump out as much DPS as possible, evasion and actual tactics be damned.

Oh, and Void damage bonus is a useless joke, it's faster to use high DPS weapon.

mmm, I don't see it as a problem.  The fact the reason why I don't see it as a problem is few things I have to say

1. I seen players blew off the eximus like nothing still

2. even though eximus is immune against elemental dmg, it is not immune stacks effects including bleed which bleed do or able to slowly chip the immunity ability off here and there but it depends on the level eximus is but mainly you have to rely on crit and raw dmg as well what the weakness of these enemies has.

3. we used specter eximus ourselves and I don't think it is a big giant problem which the specters of red veil and steel mideran was "under rated" uses of specters for they are main goal r just being meat shield but now they are more then meat shield but meat shield zerker which it been handy when you don't want enemies to draw towards you alot for these are the specters who soak up the dmg when ur frame isn't meant take a beating.

4 hours ago, vitreloy said:

Eximus immune to everything plus tanky is unreasonable.

We can't get a warframe like this why should NPC had such OP permanent ability.

PS: This game is fun because we can had a lot of powerful weapon and ability to play with. If I will to play a game without using ability I will go else where.

Thank you for speaking up. AGREE 100%. I  can kill them with certain weapons and top loadouts of my own but I don't appreciate that they can't be affected by Warframe abilities which are what Warframe is about! There should be a toggle switch for those who like hard enemies like these. I wonder who approved of this idea to make them nullify Warframe abilities. 

58 minutes ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

Ya know... in days of gaming past..  when a player hit a point where enemies became more challenging than they could properly deal with, ALL IT MEANT was that the player needed to double back and train up/level up/get better gear before proceeding...

Somehow, though, nowadays, all I see on these forums is countless posts of "Hit a wall.  DE REMOVE IT!" rather than "So I've hit a wall, any ideas on how to ascend over it?" 

Now, I am by NO means a tryhard gamer.  I am as chill and casual as they come.  I play for *fun* alone...  but for Ordis' sake, these Eximus are NOT some insurmountable adversary! I've played with newbie gear, I've played with current gear, I've even played on my gf's account that has NO good mods or setups...   And been able to overcome the Eximus every single time :/

Not without some effort, mind you, but games requiring effort occasionally shouldn't be an issue.

Moreover, one poster's complaint in this thread included SORTIES!  S O R T I E S!   The whole POINT of them is to be a "Challenge Mode", with rewards to suit!

Yet, "How dare I not be able to just activate Gloom and sit back and watch as the Sortie wins itself!  DE FIX!" is the cry here?  

I hate to be that guy, but... like...  git gud :/    Sometimes, that IS the answer.  Sometimes YOU need to be the one to put in more effort.

And if you don't want to do that, and it's asking too much of you, that's FINE...  just accept that you'll have YOUR ceiling in the game.

I mean, I don't demand that Chess be made easier just because I can't be bothered to learn more advanced/intermediate strategies....  I just accept that I won't be playing in any Grand Championships :P 

The game/devs do not OWE you everything on a silver platter.  The game is already *free*.  They already give it all away at the cost of $0.   To assume you're *owed* to have it play itself is just... the height of entitlement.

I still blame the mobile gaming industry for entitlement standards. "Can't win the game. Well, here's an 'I Win!' button. It'll cost you $50 for one use."

8 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

1. I seen players blew off the eximus like nothing still

That would be me but I can imagine how hard this is to kill the fun for new players. DE can't keep having these updates that anger certain groups of players to appease some players. Updates like this drive either new players or veterans or both away. Veterans like me and some of my friends now don't even play either after the disastrous nerfing of movement system, again. 

I'm perfectly fine with changes that orients the game towards a more a deliberate, and thoughtful gameplay experience, i.e you're using the entirety of your kit to complete an objective, and not head butting the problem with bullet+roll, AOE+Surefooted, or melee spam.

My personal experience with Eximi are great at the moment, I enjoy an enemy that requires me to think about my approach to them, I can't just run headfirst into a group of them anymore, and I can't just dump my damage on them without tactically thinking about how to do it appropriately.

Sometimes I die when I face them, sometime I don't, and sometimes failing to succeed, outright dying to them is part of that learning process, it wouldn't be much of a game if you didn't die. Failure of course leads to frustration, but I see that as part of the experience of being met with a challenge, and learning to overcome it.

1 hour ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

Somehow, though, nowadays, all I see on these forums is countless posts of "Hit a wall.  DE REMOVE IT!" rather than "So I've hit a wall, any ideas on how to ascend over it?" 

Sadly answer to last question is "put more of the same" in lots of cases.

Ya know... in days of gaming past..  when a player hit a point where enemies became more challenging than they could properly deal with, ALL IT MEANT was that the player needed to double back and train up/level up/get better gear before proceeding...

Maybe people changed and they expect something challenging rather than simply "grind more"? When I was young I've played many small games where you grinded to get better gear. I've enjoyed those games. Nowadays I see that mechanic like some sort of Skiner box. It's good that people don't like that.

On other hand training your motor skills or knowledge is good. We can see people that want to challenge themselves like in old days.

I hate to be that guy, but... like...  git gud :/    Sometimes, that IS the answer.  Sometimes YOU need to be the one to put in more effort.

Putting more stuffs is not how you become good. I had once talk about Overguard & Operator. How do I remove Overguard using Operator faster? Just slap arcane or school. It's not "git gud" stuff.

The game/devs do not OWE you everything on a silver platter.  The game is already *free*.  They already give it all away at the cost of $0.   To assume you're *owed* to have it play itself is just... the height of entitlement.

Game is not free. You either pay with money or your time. Game doesn't owe us anything. However making game into some sort of Skiner box where you need to do same stuffs won't make them earn too much money.

46 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

I  can kill them with certain weapons and top loadouts of my own but I don't appreciate that they can't be affected by Warframe abilities which are what Warframe is about!

Only DE knows, and decides, what Warframe is about... Not you.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Darkrya said:

My personal experience with Eximi are great at the moment, I enjoy an enemy that requires me to think about my approach to them, I can't just run headfirst into a group of them anymore, and I can't just dump my damage on them without tactically thinking about how to do it appropriately.

Silence. On high-range Xaku. Run headlong as much as you want.

5 hours ago, vitreloy said:

Just making a bullet sponge and ability immune enemy I don't call it challenge, I'll call it simply lazy.

An enemy that lives for 1 second has more chances to deal damage and retaliate than an enemy that dies as soon as it spawns.

We are so overpowered we need massive bullet sponges just so we can feel there are enemies in the room trying to kill us. How can you have challenge when you can do infinite CC and one-shot level 999 enemies otherwise?

2 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Honestly, it seems to me like there is a (buggy?) multiplying effect when multiple Eximii show up at once.  It seems like there were always Corrupted Ancient Eximii around when the others gained super armor / health on their overguard, and that multiple Frost Eximii would stack slow on you until you slowed to a crawl.

The slow effect from multiple Arctic definitely happens, and has always happened that I can recall.  It would be nice if there were (steeper?) diminishing returns on this.

In the Sim, I'm not seeing any double stacking with corrupted healers and Guardians, or both together.  Regular non-eximus corrupted healers aren't affecting the  Overguard of other units at all, which is intended according to the dev workshop.  They also didn't affect the shields of a unit I looked at, which I think is a bug or oversight.

Of course this is all in the sim which, even when I'm not overlooking something important, isn't always the best setting for finding odd interactions in regular play.

vor 34 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Darkrya:

I'm perfectly fine with changes that orients the game towards a more a deliberate, and thoughtful gameplay experience, i.e you're using the entirety of your kit to complete an objective, and not head butting the problem with bullet+roll, AOE+Surefooted, or melee spam.

great story. and what do you do when the stuff is on cd? use revive?
this reminds me of the clown from youtube playing gyre with 300 health on sp, running around like a chicken and spamming skill every second. i even read comments and weird people write that gyre is imba. omg
how this thing survives a fire/poison dot is still not clear to me. You can't activate vaz dash because you don't have the time.

you do realize that most warframes can currently only be used for normal? and even on normal not everywhere. unless i invest a lot in tank. but then skills are not that effective.

26 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The slow effect from multiple Arctic definitely happens, and has always happened that I can recall.  It would be nice if there were (steeper?) diminishing returns on this.

In the Sim, I'm not seeing any double stacking with corrupted healers and Guardians, or both together.  Regular non-eximus corrupted healers aren't affecting the  Overguard of other units at all, which is intended according to the dev workshop.  They also didn't affect the shields of a unit I looked at, which I think is a bug or oversight.

Of course this is all in the sim which, even when I'm not overlooking something important, isn't always the best setting for finding odd interactions in regular play.

Yeah, I've been testing in the Simulacrum but I'm not sure either.  With AI off, a single Level 190 Heavy Gunner Eximus is just a little bit harder to kill when surrounded by 19 Level 190 Corrupted Ancient Eximii, which is in line with just a single stack of the healing aura.  With AI on, I can swear some enemies will suddenly become much harder to kill than others, but it might just be me missing shots due to all the movement, or perhaps a Leech Eximus healing the others because I stepped in its trap.

40 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

this reminds me of the clown from youtube playing gyre with 300 health on sp, running around like a chicken and spamming skill every second. i even read comments and weird people write that gyre is imba. omg
how this thing survives a fire/poison dot is still not clear to me. You can't activate vaz dash because you don't have the time.

you do realize that most warframes can currently only be used for normal? and even on normal not everywhere. unless i invest a lot in tank. but then skills are not that effective.

Your points are a little bit jumbled, and a little incoherent, so it's a little hard for me to make sense of what you're trying to say.

But I'm assuming you're attempting to make the point that some frames, weapons, and or playstyles aren't balanced well enough to meet the difficulty curve that makes itself apparent in Endless, and or scaling game modes.

If that's the point you're making then I agree, some Kits, especially certain weapons, tend to be underpowered compared to others, and therefore suboptimal for more difficult content. I would generally like more Warframes, Weapons and playstyles to be more useful than they are, Inaros is a good example of a frame whose playstyle is virtually ineffective at higher levels. His tanking potential is ineffective as the damage enemies output, outweigh his overall effective EHP/Health Regeneration. The same can be said for certain weapons, weapons like the Harpak, or the Mutalist Quanta can't keep up, their damage output is too miniscule, even with Amalgam, or Scaling Arcanes, effective enemy EHP scales too high for them to do even a chink. So I agree Armor scaling tends to outperform certain weapons.

However I'd like to make the point that Balance needs to come from both directions, just as Weapons, Warframes, and Operator Skills need to be readjusted to perform proportionately well in higher level content. Outliers that overperform need to be toned down, such as AOE+Surefooted, or melee spam, these shutdown any other high performing playstyles, by making them look more rudimentarily more ineffective compared to the former.  Enemies, and mission structures need to be redesigned to meet a good majority of playstyles that push players to develop tactic mindsets, or to enhance their muscle memory/reflexes. 

In order for the game to be more engaging in that aspect, we have to dethatch ourselves from the clearly more egregious systems, and playstyles that plague this game. Being more than willing for things to get changed and removed for the sake of that balance.

37 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

Reflexes differ from person to person. And every frame can be used for more than just "normal", whatever that is.

I'm not a huge fan of the eximus changes, some parts are cool but it feels like it hits ability heavy frames far worse. I feel like the Eximus' you encounter at the 70-100 point are more aimed towards people that have galvanized mods, etc.

With that said, if you're at the point of doing sorties you should be able to handle those eximus stronghold missions. You don't necessarily even need a modern frame, Mag is perfectly capable of handling them, and you don't need a weapon that's hugely powerful or built around the best mods, or even the whole viral/slash and aoe meta. Some frames abilities work fine on them, anything that increases damage in an area seems to be pretty good, but you also have beefy frames like Gara and Rhino that can deal with them fine. That's before even talking about the current meta setups and newer frames/weapons.

I did the eximus stronghold assassination today with Mag and it was easier than a requim fissure if I'm honest.

Edit: Also, Ivara still roflstomps them easily with most snipers if you want to take your time. And Nekros is fun if you revive a team of eximus' >_>

1 hour ago, George_PPS said:

That would be me but I can imagine how hard this is to kill the fun for new players. DE can't keep having these updates that anger certain groups of players to appease some players. Updates like this drive either new players or veterans or both away. Veterans like me and some of my friends now don't even play either after the disastrous nerfing of movement system, again. 

if that is going be whiny tiny case, simple nerf it by few inches just cut it in half  players who can handle eximus under lvl 40 but then again you got clans who help new players get a boost up in the step and that is it.  Nothing much to it.

22 minutes ago, Josh486 said:

Get good

that 💩 I can't lie about it, when you play dark soul, they will always say get good or other type of games but now this one I have to agreed this statement because new players being new generation need to pick up the paste or at least the dev should have simulation room give them practice speed run like the pros these days.  Which is why it remind me this old warframe cartoon collection

57 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

I can swear some enemies will suddenly become much harder to kill than others,

I do sometimes see enemy status bars get greyed out completely, both in the sim and out of it.  It's so erratic and brief though, I have no idea what's causing it or if it's even connected to eximus.  I'll try to pay more attention to this when it happens.

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I do sometimes see enemy status bars get greyed out completely, both in the sim and out of it.  It's so erratic and brief though, I have no idea what's causing it or if it's even connected to eximus.  I'll try to pay more attention to this when it happens.

i had that a few times in missions, pre eximus reborn

Archived