Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you prevent an uncontrollable enemy that cannot be killed in a short period of time from instantly destroying the defensive target

The Thrax Centurions aren't invincible except for a short time after you kill their physical body. Have you been shooting them with your operator?

Yes there are some situations were you can defend against certain things, but this is not one of them. After all: "The best defense is an overwhelming, unrelenting, and vicious offense."

7 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

The Thrax Centurions aren't invincible except for a short time after you kill their physical body. Have you been shooting them with your operator?

Yes there are some situations were you can defend against certain things, but this is not one of them. After all: "The best defense is an overwhelming, unrelenting, and vicious offense."

How do you defeat an enemy whose blood bar is grey?  Not long enough for him to smash the defensive targets 

19 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Damage vulnerability like blazing chakram, mind control if they will go to that enemy instead of objective, or brute force their overguard to make them susceptible

At first, once he targeted the terminal, there was nothing we could do to stop a grey health bar with a high damage enemy from destroying the terminal 

They are invincible while they do their waltz (the zigzag charge follows the same step pattern of a waltz funnily enough) but I've  never had them destroy a MD console with a single waltz charge, even on the highest level bounty. It sounds like you need to protect the md console better from the non thrax enemies. Then you can murder the thrax once it's done dancing.

1 minute ago, Drasiel said:

They are invincible while they do their waltz (the zigzag charge follows the same step pattern of a waltz funnily enough) but I've  never had them destroy a MD console with a single waltz charge, even on the highest level bounty. It sounds like you need to protect the md console better from the non thrax enemies. Then you can murder the thrax once it's done dancing.

But it's a possibility, you just don't have it

5 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

They are invincible while they do their waltz (the zigzag charge follows the same step pattern of a waltz funnily enough)

I didn't notice that before. In my defense, things are kinda chaotic whether I'm solo or in a squad. Thanks for explaining that. I have seen them "dance" like that, now I know they're invulnerable.

I agree with your assessment that if they aren't able to sufficiently protect the console from little mobs, the big hits from Centurions would be enough to kill them.

12 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

But thank you for being the first person to know what I'm talking about, okay

I'm pretty sure they already toned it down.  This was from two failed runs when The Angels of Zariman was first released (and I'm very sure there was at least 2 Thrax Centurions swinging at the terminal during each of the runs):

16:53:20 - <Zariman Terminal> killed by 1,626 damage at 993 health from a level 95 Thrax Centurion using a DuviriMeleeWeapon

17:02:28 - <Zariman Terminal> killed by 1,626 damage at 1,349 health from a level 95 Thrax Centurion using a DuviriMeleeWeapon

But to answer your question, you need to bait them away.  I'm very sure you are a higher-priority target if they can see you, so put some protection on the terminal, then get away from the terminal, protecting it from a distance.  That strategy worked well for a few SP runs with Limbo recently.

7 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

I'm pretty sure they already toned it down.  This was from two failed runs when The Angels of Zariman was first released (and I'm very sure there was at least 2 Thrax Centurions swinging at the terminal during each of the runs):

16:53:20 - <Zariman Terminal> killed by 1,626 damage at 993 health from a level 95 Thrax Centurion using a DuviriMeleeWeapon

17:02:28 - <Zariman Terminal> killed by 1,626 damage at 1,349 health from a level 95 Thrax Centurion using a DuviriMeleeWeapon

But to answer your question, you need to bait them away.  I'm very sure you are a higher-priority target if they can see you, so put some protection on the terminal, then get away from the terminal, protecting it from a distance.  That strategy worked well for a few SP runs with Limbo recently.

This is a good suggestion what I normally do is put a snowglobe up with frost around the console and then stand outside the snowglobe to the side of the console, I use a neutral range build High strength. Most of the time the Thraxx will charge at you first rather than the console. There is a distance limitation on that though so if the thraxx "see" the console before they "see" you they will go for the console first.

25 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I didn't notice that before. In my defense, things are kinda chaotic whether I'm solo or in a squad. Thanks for explaining that. I have seen them "dance" like that, now I know they're invulnerable.

I agree with your assessment that if they aren't able to sufficiently protect the console from little mobs, the big hits from Centurions would be enough to kill them.

yeah The legatus' invulnerable phase is much easier to see since the legatus vanishes and if you are fast enough you can shoot down the "ghost snipers" it makes with your amp. I am never fast enough 🥲. It took me a fairly long time to pick up on the Centurions being invulnerable so you're in good company.

I haven't experience them attack the Defence console whilst in their invincible attack pattern, that sucks that it happened. I can see why you would be frustrated. Almost sounds like a bug or behaviour that shouldn't happen if their aren't meaningful ways to counter.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but does Magus Lockdown work on them? Its what I usually do when a Radiation Lich shows up on Defence/Mobile Defence. I think I have used them on Thrax etc but no vivid recollection of when/how it applies against them. 

In my experience, the attack homes in on players? Is it possible that someone was standing at the defence point and could have moved? I usually make them target priority, and go to them, so even if they are invincible, they are usually away from the Defence Panel. 

Finally and this isn't necessarily a guaranteed, but if Defence/Mobile Defence seems like its about to get destroyed, I often throw down a Shield Osprey Spectre and an Ancient Healer Spectre. Which is usually enough to prevent the mission being over. 

(Side Note, I also avoid the highest level bounty if its the one where anything past shield damage is failure, unless I go in with certain specific Warframes). 

They are invincible during their charge, but they are vulnerable the moment they come out of it. It then takes them multiple swings to kill the defence target. It will only die "instantly" if it's already damaged.

First, don't stand on the defence target. They will mostly charge at you rather than the target.

Second, you can use zenurik's slow and cold procs to slow them down while you shoot them.

Third, use something that can protect and heal the objective, like Gara's Mending Splinters augment or Oberon's Renewal.

Last, you could try something like Nyx's Chaos or radiation procs so they engage with their own allies out of range.

5 hours ago, KiteForest_2035 said:

If you play The high level The Greenway, once The Thrax Centurion appears, it will be invincible and charge at your defensive target,

In my experience, Thrax enemies will prioritize Tenno over defense targets 100% of the time.

It sounds like you're having trouble with the normal Grineer, which means you're not ready to take on the Thrax yet. Time to re-evaluate your builds

6 hours ago, KiteForest_2035 said:

If you play The high level The Greenway, once The Thrax Centurion appears, it will be invincible and charge at your defensive target, while being unable to control it and watching The target explode and fail The mission;  Is this cool?

you always have two options:

one is to simply dps the crap out of them before they get the chance to do anything, but if your builds aren't up to scratch you may not be able to do this.

your other option is to draw agro, make the Thrax follow you rather than the target and keep them away from it, however you will need to focus on avoiding their attacks and keeping an eye on the target from afar, as you don't want a regular mob to get through and destroy the objective.

remember to use CC abilities to "filter out" regular mobs from Thrax units. you can create an are where you and the Thrax can fight with minimal interruption and once it's dealt with, clean out the trash mobs.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

In my experience, Thrax enemies will prioritize Tenno over defense targets 100% of the time.

It sounds like you're having trouble with the normal Grineer, which means you're not ready to take on the Thrax yet. Time to re-evaluate your builds

This might not be it.  I've had situations where the defense target is in a frost bubble, no grineer or other enemies within enemy radar range, and a thrax will spawn on top of it and take away all of its shields and most of its health before anything can be done.

The damage thrax can deal to defense objectives is a little overtuned, and should be reduced to align better with the rest of the Zariman in terms of difficulty. 

We don't really have a way to completely protect defense objectives in the Zariman.  For traditional open worlds you can always rely on Amesha.  Here there isn't a clear solution.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Most of the time I was able to do it pretty easily, but every once in a while, as I said, once two Thrax Centurions targeting terminals appeared, the mission was doomed and irredeacably lost -- except with bugs 

3 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

This might not be it.  I've had situations where the defense target is in a frost bubble, no grineer or other enemies within enemy radar range, and a thrax will spawn on top of it and take away all of its shields and most of its health before anything can be done.

The damage thrax can deal to defense objectives is a little overtuned, and should be reduced to align better with the rest of the Zariman in terms of difficulty. 

We don't really have a way to completely protect defense objectives in the Zariman.  For traditional open worlds you can always rely on Amesha.  Here there isn't a clear solution.

3 hours ago, KiteForest_2035 said:

Most of the time I was able to do it pretty easily, but every once in a while, as I said, once two Thrax Centurions targeting terminals appeared, the mission was doomed and irredeacably lost -- except with bugs 

If it's literally spawning on top of the objective, then yeah that sounds pretty bugged.

But, Thrax Centurions also have a midair dash attack that deals a guaranteed Magnetic Proc to whatever they land on. They are invincible during the dash (and thanks to Overguard can ignore Frost bubbles), but as long as they're targeting Tenno they can be baited into landing wherever the Tenno wants. If they're targeting the defense objective, it means the player is struggling too hard with the normal Grineer and come back with better builds

In my experience:

1. Thrax can spawn on top of objectives

2. Thrax can engage their invulnerable dash as soon as they're visible

3. Their attacks alone aren't usually enough to take out the defense objective - other enemies need to deal some damage to it for that

I haven't had issues when using Octavia and keeping regular mobs off the console, even in the worst case a Thrax would spawn on top of the objective and smack it a bit. But that's also using Octavia, whose Mallet can distract Eximus units and leave me free to DPS the Thrax in that worst case. If you're not using that form of CC, you're not talking just the Thrax, but also other Eximus units (plural, of course) attacking the objective. It doesn't take much for stuff to combine just right and game over.

Also doesn't make it any less frustrating that a CC-immune enemy can just pop on top of an objective and go to town. Or go invulnerable as soon as you see them so you get to hurry up and wait for them. And a personal pet peeve is the distance limit on all their dashes except the last one, just to give players a sense of their range before surprise! And you thought the game would be honest and give you an idea how their attack actually worked.

Guess it could be worse and just guarantee a hit like 95% of the other homing and hitscan BS we have in an action-centric, parkour-heavy game.

Dont stand near the MD target. I've only ever had them kill it in high level bounties if I derp up and stand near it so they do their waltz cleave jig on me and the objective. So the moment you stick the thing in there, move away and attract the thrax.

Archived