Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel path void fissures inefficient

PhxRising123Prime

11 minutes ago, PhxRising123Prime said:

You can get minimum 25 steel essence per day doing 5 SP incursions missions, plus acolyte drops.

That may be, but the difference between incursions and relics is that you can do the latter as many times as you like instead of being stuck with 25 a day. And hey, if the relic mission happens to be endless, you can then farm the everliving daylights out of it in an endurance run for acolytes on top of opening relics for prime parts and steel essence. As someone who runs a build designed to fight max level demos, that excites me.

They are very efficient since they allow you to grind both. Especially in endless missions. 

Also not really sure what missions you run that take longer. If your goal is cracking relics you likely do capture or rescue, which is as fast in both. If you grind essence you likely do it in endless, probably survival at that, which is as fast in both since it is limited to 5 minutes. So without boosts, farming essence in steel path fissures equals a 50% increase per rotation more or less.

Maybe defense is slower if your intent is cracking relics, since waves are larger in SP. But pretty much anything else is just as fast.

3 hours ago, PhxRising123Prime said:

No reason to open relics on the steel path. You can get minimum 25 steel essence per day doing 5 SP incursions missions, plus acolyte drops. 

What other benefits are there to take more time and effort to open relics on steel path? 

Not getting bored by feeling like the game is so one-sided you're just pouring molten aluminum at an ant's nest like you do in non-SP fissures is the main benefit. Spent my time yesterday doing Survival Steel Path Fissures and had a blast; I'm happy even the weakest fissures (Lith relics) are now appropriate for the level of my gear.

No reason to play Warframe at all, more efficient to work, and get real money easy and just buy what you want. 

Well unless you are some sort of freak that enjoys playing the game, and actively prefer variety or challenge, or experimenting with builds, or the convenience of being able to multitask, or combine different mission type rewards, even if there are pros/cons. Efficiency isn't the only variable that exists and even then, even those that value it, aren't competing with speed run metas on capture/exterminate maps with Titania/Thermal Sunder. If you aren't? Why not, why be inefficient when you can be efficient?

Its like communication and questions. If you can think or consider a good answer in your head, you don't have to ask questions, so it can be inefficient. Except nothing wrong in asking questions. 

Did 51 minutes of pretty inefficient Lith Excavation earlier today. Got 33 Steel Essence out of it.

You'll get MUCH MORE Steel Essence doing this than anything but Incursions, and Incursions are highly restrictive.

Also, a squaddie in that mission had a double res booster themselves and got 60 Steel Essence out of it so like, boosters work REALLY well here.

Also of course, there's the actual reason they made this available, namely, letting people who find steel path FUN do Fissures in it instead of feeling required to speed run their fissures as fast as possible because they get super bored doing it.

Also, there's another thing to consider, namely, if we'd been more efficient with fewer dead excavators and been able and willing to keep going well, fissure boosters keep scaling, and every 50% is another Steel Essence per Acolyte after that point. I wouldn't be surprised if highly efficient runs can get up to 50 SE an hour with no other boosters.

to me it's yet another wasted opportunity to get rid of surplus relics: all I want is a mode where you can crack open multiple relics at once, 3 at the very least, 5 or more would be ideal: the player still has to decide which relics they want to crack open, radiant them and all that, and they have to get a lot more reactant in the mission, but at the end of the rotation, all the relics open at once. players could still choose rewards, but would only be allowed the same number of drops as the relics they brought (so if you want 5 drops, bring 5 relics.) 

not only would this allow myself and others to get rid of useless relics that nobody will buy, it would also be an alternative to waiting on radshares. it would be FAR more efficient than the current system (which is likely why it won't ever happen).

The benefit is getting to grind out Primes without subjecting myself to the boredom of fighting lv10-40 enemies.

I have all this gear, and am actively grinding out more, for a reason. And that reason isn't to deal 200x the EHP of a few hundred more lv10 Grineer Butchers.

15 hours ago, PhxRising123Prime said:

What other benefits are there to take more time and effort to open relics on steel path? 

Enemies don't get evaporated in an instant and have a chance to actually take your shield down, because it's a bit more fun than zooming through lvl 10 fissures on earth

We have no capture missions on SP fissures. I wanted farm my forma blueprints there. i guess it's a no no. I get that the game has almost nothing to offer than an endless grind, but please! Capture SP was a decent thing to do, but no, we have to waste more time. It's so fun to waste time.

OK i might have talk too fast. Maybe i'm just unlucky when i check.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb PhxRising123Prime:

No reason to open relics on the steel path. You can get minimum 25 steel essence per day doing 5 SP incursions missions, plus acolyte drops. 

it depends on the mission. I like to play sp surv from time to time. Unfortunately I can't find any people for it.
I can hardly find a group for relic surv on sp.... I would even have to wait an extremely long time for other players yesterday for disrupt sp relic.
in addition, sp arcanes are currently the last rubbish and you can only use them with first-class gear at all.

Yes. you're right. when it comes to prime, it's a waste of time. and i have so many keys that i have to play 1:30 min captures for more than 3 months without sleeping.

and this 1 se for mission/round is a joke. I also have boosters. but of course they don't work here...

another epic fail in my opinion.

And who the hell is forcing you to play them? Correct. NOBODY. Same for the entirety of the Steel Path. Same for the vast majority of Warframe in general. A choice. Not a must.

You can stick to your lvl 5 lith wubramma speedruns (which you can do in the SP version anyway but yeah) all you want I´ll take my long awaited and asked for SP fissures with pretty solid rewards and multitasking.

• 4 weeks later...

I prefer sp fissures simply because it's nice to see an enemy once in a while on a horde shooter. 

I don't need essence with about 5k, don't need arcanes with hundreds of them 

They don't take any longer it just slightly more Interesting 

I would appreciate a bump in traces though .. would rather that then the 1 steel ess.

20 hours ago, Learicorn said:

They should at the very least make them drop more void traces, they're literally useless as of now

1 hour ago, Alpha56 said:

Doubling the void traces in SP fissures would change my mind.

After all, why not ?

SP missions give double ressources, why not void traces ?

Because resource boosters are cheap....I get 250 to 400 per run.

Edit:

This means in a couple hours to couple days.... you can max out your traces...radiant some relics to use them...then refill them.

It's fun and people will actually stay and play the endless modes with incursions they just leave at the end of an incursion because that's all after the 5 steel essence is awarded. 

The point of playing is sometimes to play and I feel like this mode is a better example of play than some ^^

I thought we all hated content islands? I never play SP because it felt dumb playing regular missions just to farm steel essence. After getting the arcanes it felt like a waste. Now we can farm prime parts too. I've been enjoying SP much more since they added relic cracking to it.

Really wish there'd always be at least 1 survival fissure up at all times though

On 2022-09-09 at 2:49 PM, Ethorin said:

Did 51 minutes of pretty inefficient Lith Excavation earlier today. Got 33 Steel Essence out of it.

You'll get MUCH MORE Steel Essence doing this than anything but Incursions, and Incursions are highly restrictive.

Also, a squaddie in that mission had a double res booster themselves and got 60 Steel Essence out of it so like, boosters work REALLY well here.

Also of course, there's the actual reason they made this available, namely, letting people who find steel path FUN do Fissures in it instead of feeling required to speed run their fissures as fast as possible because they get super bored doing it.

Also, there's another thing to consider, namely, if we'd been more efficient with fewer dead excavators and been able and willing to keep going well, fissure boosters keep scaling, and every 50% is another Steel Essence per Acolyte after that point. I wouldn't be surprised if highly efficient runs can get up to 50 SE an hour with no other boosters.

The Survival was great for me, I stuck around for two hours and had enough Essence for almost thirty weapons.

Archived