Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 32.2.0: Lua’s Prey

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

SEMI-AUTOMATIC WEAPON CHANGES

While reviewing the stats of some weapons with a semi-automatic mode, we noticed that certain weapons had an unsustainably high fire rate for most players. We adjusted the stats of the following semi-automatic weapons whose maximum potential was only being reached with the use of macros (to learn more about third-party use in Warframe visit our support article). Since not everyone is an avid macro user (within the boundaries allowed), we lowered fire rates to a more humanly achievable level and improved their damage or reload stats to compensate. 

I'm glad you looked at this, and it's a positive improvement.  However I can't help but feel disappointed that you made this effort to examine the issue but you're not implementing a semi-auto to auto toggle.  And this seems to be an indication it will probably never happen.  Can I ask why this wasn't your approach?  Too difficult to implement, a balance issue, or a desire to preserve the feel of semi-auto weapons?

As far as the specific changes go, I don't think you went far enough.  4-5 keypresses a second is still unhealthy.   Powerful mods like Lethal Torrent and Primed Shred encourage players to take these base RoFs even further, as do squad buffs like Wisp's Reservoirs and Harrow's Penance.

• Like 3

Hey so since we're here talking about semi-auto guns, have you guys fixed the semi-auto fire rate cap yet?

It's this silly thing where you literally cannot fire more than 10 shots/bursts in a second.

I don't know why it's in the game but it's been around since a little bit after Entropy Spike was released.

On the topic of not being able to click fast with semiautos, can't you just make anything past a certain point into autofire or something? The damage buff isn't enough to make up for the loss in fire rate, plus reducing fire rate also reduces procs per second so maintaining parity would require a buff to proc as well. This is a significant nerf to a lot of already mediocre-to-bad guns and I would like to be able to carpet bomb areas with Entropy Spike again please.

• Like 5

Just looking at some of the math on the semi auto weapons. I don't think that the damage increases are balanced with the rate of fire loss. Why nerf a weapon class that is so underused?

Example:

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Latron Wraith 

• Reduced fire rate from 5.42 to 5. 
  • Increased damage from 60 to 62. 

1 - (5/5.42) =~ 7.5% rate of fire nerf

1 - (62/60) =~ 3.3% damage buff

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, bnuy said:

The Burston Prime changes lowered it's total DPS

Ouch, but also doesn't that apply to like.. most of these semi auto changes? I'm pretty sure it's not an outlier here, the damage buffs all seem notably smaller than the fire rate decrease except for like 2 exceptions (which I will be busting out at least), which feels like a real shame, not as broad a list as I hoped either.

• Like 6

vor 4 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Lua Thrax Plasm can also be traded at Archimedean Yonta in the Chrysalith for the rotation rewards listed above (Voruna Blueprints, Sarofang Blueprint, Perigale Blueprint, and New Arcanes).  

If my math is correct with 550 thrax prism needed that's worst case just under 2 hours for the entire frame guaranteed on with 5 per round. That's pretty good, I like this system. I hope systems like this get implemented for all future frames that need to be farmed.

Nvm this system is #*!%ing awful, my math was way off.

Edited by Drachnyn
  • Like 4

Pulverize

• Removed the Enemy Level multiplier from the total Impact Damage scaling. 
    • New formula:  Total Impact Damage = [Impact Base Damage + (Number of Enemies Stored≤10 × 350)] × (1 + Ability Strength)

went from strong with bad movement to good movement but too weak to actually use for anything other than memes.

Regurgitate 

• Changed the total Toxin Damage multiplier from enemy level to total enemy Health %. 

and now this went from useless to so OP it won't surprise me if it gets nerfed. both of these had perfect balance with level scaling and only needed base damage tweaking for damage balancing.

still no fix for the overlay map all the time resetting to normal minimap in spite of having the option set to always use overlay map. each time going from hub to mission/open world or vice versa, when touching the exit volume in missions, etc... this is really jarring and come on guys, this is broken since about cetus release -.-

• Like 2

"Kill 300 enemies in a necramech without dying" was a really good choice of weekly nightwave challenge to highlight that necramechs now automatically die after two minutes. It's like someone on the dev team silently rebelling about what a stupid idea it is.

• Like 10

Voruna is really, truly awesome. 

But...

Abilities:

Her 1) This thing needs, idk, sustain invisibility isntead of sustain buff. Because the buff needs you to use 2 on every single enemy, in order to sustain it. It's just not worth it, when you already have to use 2 every single enemy because...

Her 2) The range of spread is horrendous. I mean, it's moddable, so at least it'll always have that over Yar-LOL-i, but her build already requires literally everything. With no room for a second range mod. Also, the line-of-sight feels worse than Garuda's did when she launched. It's really, really bad. Just try hitting an orokin drone while getting shot at by the awful spawning in Lua (and also, since "wolf" frame let's make sure there's always 500 Drahk masters stealing your weapon while invisible with their omniscient halikar)

Her 3) I love the fact that it's sustainable - kill to keep it up. But it needs a cancel mechanic. Because otherwise you can't do the thing she requires (melee) for 60 seconds, Which also disables a bunch of her kit during that time. I don't want to have to look for ability reset pits, if that even works. Since Molt Augmented is something I like to use, I need to recast stuff like that. Please consider a cancel mechanic, or allow it to be refreshed. 

Her 4) Look - I know there's a "do this or that for more damage, maybe, kinda, but also if you'd please" thing going on there to help it. But it feels astronomically weak. Like, unproportionally weak compared to the rest of her. Even when going invisible first , having her 3 up, and using her 2 before "pouncing". This needs to scale off melee mods and have about 500% more power for it to even kill level 30's. Let alone 130's.

Her Armor: Absolute joke. She's supposed to be a melee brawler. I was expecting Atlas/Valkyr armor - but thought 300 at the lowest. And she *really* needs it even at the higher survival on Lua and not even Steel Path yet. I can't understand this. Trying to entice people to use blue shards? She needs it. 

Haven't been able to try much else yet as I've been forma'ing her. Sure can't wait for the day that doesn't take 2 hours of my life and I can just pay for an Uber Forma or something. 

Edited by I.V.A.R.A
Armor addition
  • Like 1

excuse me but how are the reload time changes on magnus and akmagnus justified?

remember the great weapon rebalance patch? you lowered the reload time because using that weapon was just a pain. and now you revert it back. lower fire rate and reload for a slight increase of base damage? meanwhile akvasto gets faster reload and more damage? 

i can already see akmagnus prime having a greater reload time than 2,4s the previous reload of akmagnus, which was still a lot compared to what the weapon offers.

instead of fire rate changes how about removing the jamming gimmick from semi-auto weapons? thats the real thing holding everyone back from enjoying them and thats what is preveting human input from being used and prefered. 

• Like 2

Am 30.11.2022 um 17:01 schrieb [DE]Megan:

Magnus

• Reduced fire rate from 5.83 to 4.3. 
  • Increased damage from 76 to 98. 
  • Increased reload time from 1.4 to 1.8. 

Magnus is my favorite weapon and I think that reducing the fire rate is killing the feel. This is just terrible.

Edited by Terroriced
  • Like 1

Hema no longer procs vex armor. I use hema to proc chromas vex armor because waiting to get damaged my enemies in most content outside of steel path to achieve any of the vex armor buff is extremely inefficient.

I'm sure this change has everything to with self damage changes that I thought weren't even coming yet. Also killed myself with masuolons alt fire after update. What a fun way to slow gameplay.

I get ur on a quest to dunk; on explosive weapons but don't tbag on my Hema chroma because of it, don't care that the interaction is part of a big or whatever, all other frames can kill stuff instantly and I gotta wait away from fighting to get damaged?

Edited by MrMinigunz
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, BionicFreak said:

I have played 20+ Steel Path Circulis missions all 20+ minutes and I have ZERO VORUNA PARTS.

What in tf is the drop chance?!?!

If RNG is not kind, go to Yonta in the Crysalith and exchange your Lua Thrax Plasm for the parts. 

By far faster and easier in case you don't get what you're looking for.