Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So no companions in duviri.

AreeSoothsayer

8 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Then you're not doing it right.

The pets are fine.
There are pets for low levels and pets for high levels that's all (something that should be clearer).

But it does not make much sense that you get a pet in another dimension and bring it to the main one and after all, everything in duviri is created based on the memories or the wishes of a person. Technically they cannot exist outside of duviri.

Just now, CosoMalvadoNG said:

The pets are fine.
There are pets for low levels and pets for high levels that's all.

But it does not make much sense that you get a pet in another dimension and bring it to the main one and after all, everything in duviri is created based on the memories or simply the wishes of a person. Technically they cannot exist outside of duviri.

Then you didn't see the stream showing a Diviri animal.

I was hoping for a Drifter pet that could join the Origin system pets.

I'm more disappointed we don't get anything for melee stances.

Yes drifter melee exists and there might be some incarnon weapons that are melees. But we will be running around with all of these fancy new drifter melees meanwhile we are stuck with clunky Warframe melees to use our incarnon adapter on, if any. That will still remain F tier because it will be attached to a clunky melee stance. But in reality we will get at most one or two adapter melees since the focus is on single target.

11 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Then you didn't see the stream showing a Diviri animal.

I was hoping for a Drifter pet that could join the Origin system pets.

Can't you read? ''technically'' you can't get something out of a world that exists without existing to the main world.

I don't know if you know that Warframe is an allegory to Alice in Wonderland in much of its content and Duviri is just that ''Wonderland''.
That DE decides to put pets in the future or any of duviri content out of duviri? That's up to them, although personally I don't think there's much difference from what already exists.

EDIT: Duviri is going to be one of the openings of the game which means that any pet that comes out of there is not going to be late game anyway. I can already see ppl crying that the pets are bad if DE decides to add pet of duviri in the future.

11 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Can't you read? ''technically'' you can't get something out of a world that exists without existing to the main world.

I don't know if you know that Warframe is an allegory to Alice in Wonderland in much of its content and Duviri is just that ''Wonderland''.
That DE decides to put pets in the future or any of duviri content out of duviri? That's up to them, although personally I don't think there's much difference from what already exists.

EDIT: Duviri is going to be one of the openings of the game which means that any pet that comes out of there is not going to be late game anyway. I can already see ppl crying that the pets are bad if DE decides to add pet of duviri in the future.

Let em cry. I'd learn how to build it effectively and rock the Diviri world and sstorm the Origin system.

18 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

pretty sure survival, vacuum, and priming will still be a thing. Could be wrong tho.

agree DE havent yet made anywhere that doesnt require farming of resource of some kind.. all my furbabies are very sad after I explained that they cant come with me for their exercises :( 

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

No pets! ...............

good: I won't have to watch the new Dax enemies cut them into Kavat Fillets to serve to Dominus Thrax at his suppertime... I'm there to play the story quest and then farm like a madman for incarnon adapters, so I'd only bring my Panzer Vulpaphyla anyway..

pets need a rework, thankfully they said they are looking into doing that some time after Duviri, I just hope they actually mean it. 

51 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

But it does not make much sense that you get a pet in another dimension and bring it to the main one and after all, everything in duviri is created based on the memories or the wishes of a person. Technically they cannot exist outside of duviri.

Citation needed.

From what I remember and get from videos is that:

Duviri is time bubble. Dominus thrax reset time (turn back) so we are doing same things again.

I'm not sure how it doesn't allow pets from existing outside Duviri.

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

No pets! ...............

Maybe... we won't need pets anymore. Universal vacuum, ammo conversion, enemy/loot radar etc. Yeah, whishful thinking.

8 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

on the recent AMA, Pablo once again said there won't be universal Vacuum.

at this point I care more about the reason why he won't add it than whether or not we actually get it tbh.. 

I wonder if it's with Pablo's way of thinking. It was something like "I like people augment that would nerf them (balance)". It was talk with Brozime afair.

39 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

good: I won't have to watch the new Dax enemies cut them into Kavat Fillets to serve to Dominus Thrax at his suppertime... I'm there to play the story quest and then farm like a madman for incarnon adapters, so I'd only bring my Panzer Vulpaphyla anyway..

pets need a rework, thankfully they said they are looking into doing that some time after Duviri, I just hope they actually mean it. 

I hope so... AI wise. I can get my kubrow to be viable in the steel path but all the attacks that miss are painful.

That doesn't sound too bad (or good), yet. The bit with no pets in Duviri seems quite different, so I am not the type to carry over much in the way of expectations or assumptions. So I'll have to wait and see. In the Prime Time stream footage, didn't seem like a detriment and Reb mentioned some systems that might help explain this further (I was half asleep during that stream, so maybe I misheard). 

First question is if pet gimmicks are even relevant to Duviri. If there's nothing to vacuum up, you don't need a companion for that

Second question is if we do need those gimmicks, how long until DE shoehorns in yet another redundant set of companions just for Duviri

1 hour ago, (PSN)Onder6099 said:

IMO, it’s not a miss, it’s animation for 0 Dmg (Proc) dealt.

I take it you haven't seen a kubrow go after a grineer who backs up a couple steps and stops while your pup doesn't move foreward and keeps lungeing back and forth at the spot the grineer was over, and over, and over, and over, all the while taking gunfire from that enemy.

I could be wrong but if you follow the Warframe lore, from what I understand, the zariman were colonizers, and from what we can see there are no pets onboard(that's not to say they weren't just on a different floor we didn't see yet) but my take is there's nothing new but our current pets should show up just like when you join a mission. 

17 hours ago, Hayrack said:

"So no vacuum in Duviri"

Now watch your prescious drops fall out of bounds into the random ditches and crevices.

Where did he say that? The no universal vacuum isn't Duviri specific, it's something people have been asking to be changed for ages. During a recent stream [~39:30] they said things we normally mod our companions for would be enabled by default in Duviri, such as vacuum and radar, while survivability would be increased through Intrinsics.

Having a companion with the mod doesn't prevent loot from falling through the ground anyways.

Archived