Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IF you could change the game anyway, remake it from the ground up, rework areas, add new things. What would you do and why?

LordOfThePovos

The very strong response to duviri paradox got me thinking about things I would have done differently for the story and direction the game would go in, hell I would have not even released something like durivi paradox, the direction I would have gone is it progressing the man in the wall storyline instead of thraxx it would be drifter being punished by man in the wall for not taking the deal on the zaramin then eventually being let out (but tricked into to thinking  he escaped) to further man in the wall's plans leading to his release from the void in the new war. 

But I want to know about YOU guys ideas on things you would have done, I love fan theories and with everyone talking about durviri I wanna hear some of you guy's ideas and maybe even DE might implement them if they are cool enough I guess. who knows?!? I just really like every good thought getting to see the light!

Naturally I would've treated the gaping wound which is balance.

Damage types

Spoiler

First of all flatten the damage type system. It is bloated beyond belief and serves no practical function. Leave out only the strongest elements. Instead of IPS it's just Slash. Instead of combining elemental types leave out only four basic, but assign them status effects from the better ones. Heat is like it was, Electricity as well, Toxin is Viral status, Cold is Magnetic. I don't like the current idea of Toxin ignoring enemy defensive mechanic altogether, so no going through shields.

Then it will be much easier to balance types against each other, so do that.

Enemy defences

Spoiler

After dealing with damage types, get to enemy defences, and rework them completely. Armor shouldn't scale exponentially on top of already exponentially scaling Health, it makes Armor a clear leader in defence mechanics. So, rework scaling formula for Armor and Shield, delete Overguard (naturally), think of a defensive nechanism for Infested. Maybe multiple health bar with different resistances.

The health types also need a rework. I'd personally ditch them altogether and assigned resistances and vulnerabilities for each enemy type separately.

Weapons

Spoiler

After all this, it's finally time to rework warframes and weapons. For weapons I'd go the easy route and just deleted the worst offenders, cause there's so many of them, there's no point wasting time balancing each and every one. Especially with melee, melee only really differ between stance types, so, nothing bad in deleting most of the swords and polearms.

The only thing needed to be treated separately is AoE versus single target. I'd just add multitarget options for all weapons through the modding system.

Warframes

Spoiler

For Warframes of course deleting them is not an option, so they need to be reworked individually, but with remade damage types and enemy defences it would be easier to do. Start with the weakest and go through ideally every one.

In perfect world on top of that I'd completely stopped new warframes from being released, because they bring almost nothing to the table, but exponentially complicate balance. But knowing that DE only survive of this endless threadmill, that wouldn't be an option.

What i would change?

I would add a /check or what ever command that restarts the god dam script to avoid the code getting stuck and bugging out.
Diviri even lets you keep your stuff when you just quit.... so it's clear that the devs knew that host transfers or server lags will create problems and it annoyes me that it's been like this for years.

I mean... it's nothing new that you get stuck at a step, because a script didnt fire (because of server lag) and you are stuck and have to abroad the mission.

-----------------------

Second thing... add the timer to press a button to stop the host transfer and quit yourself.

It sucks that you run the risk of failing host transfer.
It sucks that you have to look at the screen if you want to quit yourself
It sucks that you can be forced to load... then once you are done the next host quit... LOAD.... and then MAYBE the 3td person quits and you LOAD AGAIN to then close the mission yourself.

----------------------

And what is it with "you load in" then you cant connect.... you load back to the menu and want to try again.... but you get a "mission failed" screen that you then have to close, like you didnt know that you failed to connect and that the mission never happened... but the games needs you to know that YOUR MISSION FAILED.

Those are just 3 things that made me wonder if the devs dont have common sense sometimes....

1 hour ago, LordOfThePovos said:

Since infested are like a cancer maybe they could all have the ability to regenerate?

Ancient Healers used to have this. Well, half of them did

Once upon a time there were two kinds of Ancient Healers between the Infested and Corrupted factions. One of them gave all allies in range 90% damage reduction, but the other would give all allies in range passive healing. I forget which was which

Around... 2016 or so, the healing Ancient was deleted from the game, and the 90% damage reduction version was applied to both Infested and Corrupted. 

Later still, Overguard was added, and that's the version of Healers we have now

What I'd change?

Outright delete everything that isn't the following:

3 Destinations Only: We don't need so many, haveing the perfect 3 will be great and save a ton of space for new Content added onto the 3 Destinations left behind.

Lua: Lua is vital to the Story Quest and is one of the best Tilesets in the game, this will remain as it is, however, I will remove Spy Missions.

Open Worlds: All of them are great in their own respected way, we can have more freedom on them and allows both Arcwing/Nercmechs. This includes Duviri 

Zariman Ten Zero: Vital to the Story Quest and the newest update, will stay as it is, with no changes, besides the removal of Void Flood. 

Only 3 Warframes: At some point, each Warframe is just the same with either a different skin or gender swap, I will delete every single one besides 3. (Note: All Primes/Skins and the Reg Default Skin of a Frame, will still be kept, they will simply act as cosmetic choices, what do I mean by this?: Excal Umbra can be Nyx Prime via a Skin, or Xaku can be Volt, etc)

Excalibur Umbra: This Warframe will be first and nothing will change about this Warframe, Founders will still keep Excal Prime (Duh) and the Primed Weapons they brought, however with Umbra you can Swap powers from the Reg Excal to Umbra (and even have the old Jump power)

Xaku: This Warframe will be the main Frame that allows you to put any Power Set onto it (Limited and Balanced). You are still limited to 1/2/3/4 Power Tree, but you can have any Warframe Set added onto him. (Exp: Xauk can become Mag on one Loadout or Wisp on another). Note: Yes you can still swap one power around similar to the Helmeith System

Kullervio: The new Warframe that is added, a Dax Warframe, will be the final Warframe you get and he has access to his normal Kit (Whatever that may be) and can use the same Powers as the Dax Hostiles from Duviri Paradox (Note: This is the only Frame you can put a skin on, besides its Primed/Delu Skin)

Modular Weapons Only: All and every single weapon will be either removed or added to the Modular system. (We all know how the Modular system works, so I don't need to go into detail). (Note: All Primes/Skins and the Reg Default Skin of a Weapon, will still be kept, they will simply act as cosmetic choices)

Call me Crazy or the Devil, but you asked and here is my answer!

-Psi

I think I have a couple, really.

If there are any reworks of Warframes, there would be a way to use the old kit or the new kit - the older kit would be nerfed a lot to discourage it’s use if it was powerful or buffed if it was terrible but the experience would otherwise still be available.

Have an option in the Audio settings to turn off music and the god-awful drums at the results screen back to the silence we had long ago. I really miss having the silence right after a mission has been completed.

I’ve been having no in-game music since the change and it annoys me sometimes that I can’t appreciate any of the new music the music team has done because I hate the thought of hearing that terrible noise at the end of a mission.

Either make the open worlds closer to actual open-world games. With location-specific stuff to do instead of just bounties/fishing/mining which basically don't change from location to location. Stuff like NPCs you can actually interact with.

Or don't go all in on making more and more open worlds. The cool content is interesting like orbs, eidolons, Mechs, angels. the overly big map that takes way too many resources to make for not a ton of payoff is kinda meh.

I think like the duviri update kinda shows the contract the most. The most interesting and fun content is the circuit, which likely took a fraction of the time the open world did.

I don't mind them doing new things, I think circuit and railjack are really, really fun. Although some players won't mix well with them, I think those players are honestly missing out. I just don't think open worlds really count as "new" things anymore. It's very formulaic.

I would make sure that a fully modded, max rank warframe is only twice as powerful as the non-modded version. Same for weapons. And I would make sure that the best weapon is at most twice as powerful as the worst weapon. And this would be the rule going forward for any new item being introduced.

Rationale: reduce the power creep, and allow player skills to play a bigger role (as opposed to right now where the right loadout just trivializes any challenge with brain-dead gameplay). This would likely make the gameplay more engaging. And this would make the whole arsenal relevant: play with what you like, at worst it's only half as good as the best gun.

Also, each forma would add a very tiny bonus to the Warframe or weapon, like +1% HP or -1% recoil.

Rationale: reward the time and dedication of players who like to grind, without making it too OP that it trivializes the content. So if I have a main frame that I play all the time, I have a forma sink and I get something in return.

Overall idea: make sure the fashionframe is aligned with the gameplay. True endgame.

Premising that  the game is so messy it would probably faster to remake a new whole game(aka Soulframe what an original name...)

First of all i would remake the whole combat system because it's clunky, messy, slow and outdated but DE clearly has no idea what a roguelike(lite) is or what makes Dark soul so cool.

The damage system at the beginning was cool but at the end it revealed its uselessness with people practically using the same 1 or 2 elemental. This because when you make an OP game where the desperate enemies run away from you crying you want just kill everything careless of their weaks just spamming 1 button. Combined elemental actually has no benefits(WHO IS USING GAS ANYMORE?) excluding some niche boss fight(radiation).

At the beginning they released a frame because some missions required it but after a while they started to release frame increasingly more powerful(clearly because more power more sells) with the results we have today.

The Mastering system is probably some of the most time consuming exist in the game industry with the downside you practically don't learn anything, this why new players complain about the  MR tests, probably the most fun thing in the whole game.

No endgame after 10 years means people like me will try your new quests, trying the new missions for a bunch of hours and closing the game again for at least 1 year.

personally I would just rework everythign related to the core game first: invasions, syndicates, nightmare missions, vault key runs.. and try to make each mode as interesting and engaging as possible, and only once all that's done would I start looking at other modes like railjack.

essentially I would do a gradual rework of all content in chronological order of release, starting with the oldest frames, tiles, modes etc. and then working my way forwards. 

Huge number crunch:

Spoiler
  • The maximum and minimum values of player health, player damage, enemy health, and enemy damage become much, much closer.
  • Reduce the effects of everything that increases or reduces incoming/outgoing damage. Some effects get removed.
  • Make level scaling much less ridiculous.

Remove +damage mods and rework multishot:

Spoiler
  • Weapon damage should come from the base weapon, not mods.
  • Mods should affect criticals, statuses/dmg types, weapon handling, and misc effects.
  • Multishot should be reworked such that it is optional, and only suited towards particular builds, rather than being strictly beneficial on everything.
  • The idea is that no mod is the best choice on every build, and every mod has a place.

Rework damage types and statuses:

Spoiler
  • Damage type mods no longer increase damage, but instead change a weapon's damage composition. 
  • Damage type mods can be combined and uncombined in the arsenal.
  • IPS is not needed to increase the amount of IPS on a weapon (you can add impact to Ignis, for example).
  • Rework the IPS composition on a ton of weapons (mostly removing one or two damage types).
  • Status effects are capped by damage composition. You can have 4 different damage types, but each effect can only apply a few procs on an enemy. Alternatively, you can spec into a single damage type, and apply maximum stacks of that damage type.
  • Every status effect is capped at 10 stacks.
  • Enemy resistances affect status output, not damage taken. A normal enemy can take a maximum of 10 procs, but an enemy that is weak to a damage type can take 12 stacks, whereas a resistant enemy will take 8. For each level of resistance/weakness, that cap goes up or down by 2, up to 5 levels of resistance/weakness.
  • Rework and adjust each status effect to be balanced and useful (I cba to go into more detail).

Buff, nerf, and rework every item in the game until it conforms!

Obviously these are just my ideas; I recognize nothing here would ever be implemented because it'd be a mountain of work. This is more of a creative writing exercise than an actual suggestion.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Higher enemy density, and I'd un-nerf all enemies and increase health and armor. 

I was really hoping DE would un-nerf enemies for steel path. Enemies actually feel unique and force new tactics when they get to use their abilities effectively. Even high level butchers were a problem at one time when they could teleport to you in melee range and take more than half your life. 

Beta:
  Actually launched the game instead of endless Beta.

Model:
  Charged for the game's purchase but kept the same Live Service Model after that.
  Offered a subscription model option that awarded plat monthly.

Mastery Rank:
  Changed MR to be offer distinct perks at each rank and really nice perks at various milestones that are meaningful without being game breaking.
  Changed how MR is acquired from weapon item completion to something more progression/gameplay based.
  If you are a Starter frame user who only used a pistol, rifle, and dagger because that's what you liked then you shouldn't have to spend time dinking around with Frame W and       Weapons X,Y, and Z.  ad nauseum just to raise MR.
  Both more and less MR locks—Weapons and Frames can be equipped used outside of MR but they don't function at full capacity. 

Difficulty/Progression:
  Added a difficulty slider with rewards affected by area difficulty.
  Kept the older/more bloated star map but not make area completion a milestone for progression to subsequent planets.
  Kept the older boss models and limit them to the lowest difficulty tiers as a means to show the Boss' progression (Hek as a heavy with Heks gets defeated and becomes the flying    monstrosity he is today)
  Kept both versions of Grineer fodder (those with decent diction and full sentences as well as the ones we have now) to show the effects of cloning degradation. 

Crafting/ Parity/ Balance:
  Made weapons modular (barrel, stock, etc. in addition to our current modding system) at the outset and allowed weapons to achieve different tiers through the crafting table.
  Placed more emphasis on the crafting table for purposes of achieving weapon parity as a whole. 
  Provided forum spaces as it relates to specific warframe types/roles to ensure useful discussion allowing for parity between frames based on intended role and then adhered to an      intent to maintain parity inside roles while creating a drawback for each that could be mitigated over time..

PvP:
  Kept the old Rail PvP in but would have placed much more stringent controls on taxes and alliances, removed the loopholes, (I think New World has done a good job with this imo)    and made the rewards both better and unique to each area. Absent that, I'd open the bay window for everyone who has the dojo room installed.
  Company Server hosted Conclave and kept Conclave balanced and playable without the random degradation or bugs. 

A more solid design structure that's actually adhered to.

It doesn't make a lot of sense for a primary element to bypass shields, but a physical element to bypass armour. And the former does so innately while the latter requires procs. And Gas, the sole DPS secondary element, is just...there.

Likewise, what's up with Hornet Strike and Serration having different values? Or secondary weapons having entirely different arcanes to primary weapons?

And what's the purpose of AoE abilities if AoE weapons are doing the same thing but better? Should they not have their own lanes?

And what's with random, massive boosts to power output with things like the Phenmor? Enemies are supposed to scale linearly, so why aren't weapon releases following suit?

Speaking of enemy scaling, why is armour made to be combined with health, leading to exponential EHP growth that other health combinations lack? And why is armour functionally immune to raw damage, while you can burn down shields with literally anything?

It's not really about specific changes, but having an actual structure that's followed, rather than a chaotic mish-mash resembling the game design equivalent of a Jackson Pollock. You'd probably have a much better time balancing things if you can point to an element and say, "this is what it's meant to do, and this is what it's actually doing."

Un nerfed enemies, better telegraphs, less cheese skills, not as much of a critical emphasis on gear and less incredibly insane variance in player stats. The usual stuff.

Switch from undodgeable hitscan enemies that push using defensive cheese all of the time to projectile based and dodgeable, melee and you can see it coming, more specials telegraphed as an interruptable ability, survival can be achieved with skill and not just with having more DR.

Two difficulty levels with ideas like the harder tier having enemies attack faster, being more aggressive, having new skills and keeping the player from abusing consumables and self revives. Not two with "everything is the same just levels"

The normal difficulty level is still casual and based around fun. I want a game that makes different kinds of players equally happy. Other games already successfully do this.

I would try to finish and polish things if they actually got initial good reception or an indication that players would like it if it was more finished and only the bad ideas would get dropped, instead of everything. It doesn't have to be huge adjustments sometimes! Things like "you don't have to go hunt down the one last enemy" or "hi we fixed the Orphix spawn rate" would do sometimes.

Whoever programmed 5000 credits in as a reward you can get for completing like 10 or whatever it is rounds of Steel Path Circuit after the main path is done would be reassigned to making the baubles that Baro gives out each week.

Also there would be a Warframe called Taco Bellini. TL;DR I would get a time machine and hire someone who actually understands cohesive game design onto the team early on before the 10 years of perplexing incoherence took its toll ^^;

I will NOT change anything in the game. 

I improve all the systems the game has, ramp up a bit the graphics depending on the platform, fix bugs here and there, populate some areas, improve A.I. and continue with what DE have in mind. 

I think the game is a fair good experience. 

I WILL DO GODS WORK AND MAKE RAILJACK GOOD AT LAUNCH

and then I will improve the starting tutorial to improve the open worlds to make them have some life. and Lessen the grind. Also, add Komi against the bunny to the L4 leg test for those smart chads. I Will then add infested liches and rework old frames. REWORK DEFENSE. and overall improve the old systems. I will then add a pity system to most annoying things to grind. Prime resurgence will stay the same because I like it. Also selling ignis wraith blueprints  for plat would be bannable until 2035.  Here's a big one REMOVE THE KUVA CAP. rework combat in durivry and overall add more life and love to the game.  Also, add donating systems that go to the devs alone and to charities if they choose so. Rework almost every boss fight and warframe would be fun. Also, make difficulty a bit harder in sp by increasing the armor 100% more than what they had before. buff primary and BUFF SECONDARY. 

On 2023-03-24 at 8:38 PM, Felsagger said:

That seems like a good idea too. 

Remember this is my perception of things. I don't have real number statistics and charts that are accurate. We never have access to such information. I'm basing this on what I see in our clan and the game in general. 

Let us do a reality check, I know these type of reviews hurts deep in the pride and the ego but they have to be done. I'll do a honest one. Right now this game is dead and inert. The enthusiasm of the people is below zero and the state where the game is simply gives depression. The crude reality of the industry behind this game is that it lacks the wow factor, the surprise and the interest of carrying some activities. I spend a lot of time in loading screens too. This GAAS game has a lot of time wasting moments and loading screens. 

This is the perception I have in our clan. People don't talk to each other, they are not enthusiastic as before and there is no intention to revitalize the game between the people in the clan. In my clan there is an absurd amount of silence. Rarely people ask for even a mod. We are the oldest clan in the PS consoles. Clan members don't revitalize the dojo, they don't care much, many of us even know that such thing exist anymore. The gigantic clan is a desert that no one uses. Lots and lots of hard disk space wasted on nothing. Props that don't align well and design tools that are truly cumbersome to work with. 

This is my opinion and perception on how things are. Other people may perceive things different and I am fine with that too. But it is not the glorious moment of the game. Even watching the devstream I see lack of enthusiasm, thrill and emotion talking about the next projects in the game. Looks like something happened to the community and the game in general. Many things has to change and improve. The same formula may work for some time but now age is taking command. The game is getting old. 

On 2023-03-24 at 8:47 PM, Sporthand said:

Thank you for supporting my concept idea. I understand some people are not active. But it depends on dojo clan moderators. Some competitive dojo clan wants to recruit active players so that they can donate progress even faster. But, they can kick inactive players for over 1-2 weeks. The 1st tier-winning dojo clan receives exceptional rewards while others receive 2nd-tier and 3rd tiers. The rest from 4th to 10th tier dojo clans receive moderate rewards. More players can join the competitive dojo clan to seek greater opportunities. 
Anyhow, thank you!

On 2023-03-25 at 2:05 AM, Felsagger said:

Yes, yes and yes. 

I do see that PvP may not affect directly the dojos but at least these activities can be DONE ON THE DOJOS. There is a reason for it or a so called simulacrum room bigger in scope and giving access of the whole game where friendly fire is on, other aspects of the game can be tweaked including the classical standard PvP. 

It's super crazy a PvP with frames. The simulacrum shows us this. It's just nuts. However some things can be done for the sake of PvP than simply leaving it there. Some of the activities may tied to the dojo like the one you suggested with Lotus. This may chain in a positive outcome and even motivate people on making better places for PvP matches. This is WHY FORGE exists. 

Even if DE stops working for four weeks at least the community will continue GENERATING content for the game FOR FREE. This may bring up lots of 'memes' to the game, some activities and even good vibes to the Dojos. Of course some degree of discipline is needed since all these things will be public. Code of conduct is important. Aside from those details, these events of visiting the the Dojos by developers is always welcomed even playing with DE members. 

I think that a good FRIENDLY PvP may be placed on the areas of the game that needs ACTIVITY like the Dojos where lots of time where spent recollecting resources. The best reward for those warlords and clan leaders is to see their dojo in motion full of people being active. 

Is Warframe a SOCIAL GAME? Of course that's why I think about PvP. 

16 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I will NOT change anything in the game. 

I improve all the systems the game has, ramp up a bit the graphics depending on the platform, fix bugs here and there, populate some areas, improve A.I. and continue with what DE have in mind. 

I think the game is a fair good experience. 

Remember what we discussed about the PVP system? Don't forget to add this to your idea. I wish Lotus visit our dojo clan to see our devotion and loyalty to her.

Keep the content but unify it into a single island instead of the separate ones. Rebalance it so nothing is strictly MR fodder. Unify the approach and consistency, so for examples all Warframes have a quest as well as Leverian, etc.

Release it as a full priced AAA game with price discount for the current users based on their MR.

You'll keep your entire inventory but you'll have to do all story quests again.

Archived