Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rate this weeks incarnon weapons:

Traumtulpe

On 2023-05-29 at 1:06 PM, --END--Rikutatis said:

I love bows, and nataruk has been one of my favorite weapons in the game,

Do you play circuit or SP? I got Nataruk once in circuit thinking ok, I'll be able to shred with this choice. Nope. The 2-3 seconds of wind up and the amount of enemies swarming and turning you into swiss cheese, not to mention the fact they all move quickly and on console trying to aim, was a nightmare choice. Bows...I wouldn't miss them. That's what Hush is for.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Do you play circuit or SP? I got Nataruk once in circuit thinking ok, I'll be able to shred with this choice. Nope. The 2-3 seconds of wind up and the amount of enemies swarming and turning you into swiss cheese, not to mention the fact they all move quickly and on console trying to aim, was a nightmare choice. Bows...I wouldn't miss them. That's what Hush is for.

I do, yes. It's a little more annoying to use in wider open tilesets like Circuit, since you'd be better off funneling enemies through corridors or narrow passages. But still pretty good. As for the windup, use some fire rate mod and it should take care of that. 

• Like 2

Yep, Nataruk is decent in Circuit, but one of its main strengths in regular Steel Path, which also depends on the tile set, is that players can often corral enemies into lines. You can try using corridors, choke points and other map geometry, and taking advantage of the punch through of the perfect shot to kill a lot of enemies. If you have a lot of enemies swarming you from multiple directions, and they are less lined up behind each other, your effectiveness will diminished. So many of the tile sets on the Circuit aren't conductive to Nataruks strengths. 

Like --END--Rikutatis says, putting on a Fire Rate mod helps out with the delay, which means you can fire it more often. Its still great single target DPS, and still a lot of situations where you hit multiple enemies, because of its large hitbox and punch through mechanics. 

Can help if you have a grouping ability though too (which of course isn't always an option depending what Warframes you get). 

On 2023-06-03 at 8:49 AM, GPrime96 said:

Despair’s Incarnon is like if it’s Staticor with IPS (and much better damage)

Got it and tested it ,

Not enjoying the embed delay for explosions on a weapon that has limited range in the first place,

All the Evolutions are good though, with emphasis on burst damage in a pray and spray area.

Its good , but just not my playstyle as i like to keep explosions away from me and keep them targeted,

9 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Nataruk is decent in Circuit, but one of its main strengths in regular Steel Path, which also depends on the tile set

11 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

It's a little more annoying to use in wider open tilesets like Circuit, since you'd be better off funneling enemies through corridors or narrow passages

I get it but I have Kuva bramma already lvl38 and need my formas for many other more important WFs and weapons, etc. I doubt I'll ever pick Nataruk again since in regular play if I want a bow I'll pick my bramma. 

Having been constrained by weapon slots I almost sold my Nataruk, but sold the Paris prime and dread instead. 

Honestly these incarnon adapters are "fun" but i haven't found one that I either like better than existing arsenal choices or that do more damage. The issue is by the time I'm charged up in a solo mission, the mission is nearly done. Or if it's endless, like survival, i feel it should not recharge. What's the benefit of taking a weapon that is good, equal to some of your other weapons, but handicaps you once the charge runs out? Even worse in a group. I rarely can even fully charge my Lex for example because enemies are killed by others fairly quickly. I'm hoping the Braton will be fun, i hear it is good but only started circuit a few weeks ago so waiting on the rotation change. 

I think that braton rotation starts today...

Edited by (XBOX)Player244024418

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I get it but I have Kuva bramma already lvl38 and need my formas for many other more important WFs and weapons, etc. I doubt I'll ever pick Nataruk again since in regular play if I want a bow I'll pick my bramma. 

Having been constrained by weapon slots I almost sold my Nataruk, but sold the Paris prime and dread instead. 

Honestly these incarnon adapters are "fun" but i haven't found one that I either like better than existing arsenal choices or that do more damage. The issue is by the time I'm charged up in a solo mission, the mission is nearly done. Or if it's endless, like survival, i feel it should not recharge. What's the benefit of taking a weapon that is good, equal to some of your other weapons, but handicaps you once the charge runs out? Even worse in a group. I rarely can even fully charge my Lex for example because enemies are killed by others fairly quickly. I'm hoping the Braton will be fun, i hear it is good but only started circuit a few weeks ago so waiting on the rotation change. 

I think that braton rotation starts today...

Totally. We all have our different preferences and builds. Circumstance too. At the stage I am in the game, I pretty much never need to worry about Forma or Slots again. I have a bunch of stuff I can sell if I need Plat, if I run out of my current Plat. 

I also tend to like attacking from far away, so even though I have an amazing Riven for my Bramma, still a lot of tilesets/situations where Nataruk, Paris Incarnon can outperform it and vice versa. I also just enjoy the latter bows more, if I wanted a Bramma like weapon, I'd probably use the KZarr, so basically all just preferences. That also being said, ways to maximise performance on weapons. Hence advice about say modding and tactics. 

If you are looking for the most powerful Incarnons, you might want to try Latron, Torid, Miter, maybe Burston and Braton. Charge is based on multishot too, oh actually, I remember you never liked having to go for headshots right? Actually yeah that makes a lot of sense why you might like them less, all pretty fair/reasonable. You might like Torid, you only need to get direct shots (as in non headshots). 

Braton is pretty fun, but I imagine your biggest issue may still stay the same? If its around the aiming aspect. For myself, my builds, the raw damage and kill potential goes up significantly, even compared to a lot of meta weapons, but I generally am always aiming for the head anyway, so there isn't much downtime if I choose. Also the normal stats of the weapon get greatly increased as well, even if you don't use the Incarnon. A bunch of them get into 200% Crit or Status or both as well with certain Evolutions. Again though, definitely won't be for everyones enjoyment. 

Yeah we have completed our first full rotation. I believe Braton, Paris, Skana, Lato and Kunai will be available at the weeks reset in roughly 12ish hours. Good luck with the Braton! 

31 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

If you are looking for the most powerful Incarnons, you might want to try Latron, Torid, Miter, maybe Burston and Braton

I have the burston and haven't been super impressed but that's because it's a no forma build.

My braton already has 5 forma so i was waiting to get the incarnon genesis adapter and try that one before using any forma on the burston.

19 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I have the burston and haven't been super impressed but that's because it's a no forma build.

My braton already has 5 forma so i was waiting to get the incarnon genesis adapter and try that one before using any forma on the burston.

i hear the main difference is that Burston has a much better fire rate and more charge, and Braton does a bit more damage, as far as single bullets or something. 

I generally hear a bit more praise for the Burston, BUT... with 5 Forma, your Braton will probably def be more effective. 

For myself, eh, my Braton Riven is a lot better than my Burston Riven, but I am probably going to just rotate them anyway. 

Hope it lives up to the hype at least for you! 

13 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I generally hear a bit more praise for the Burston, BUT... with 5 Forma, your Braton will probably def be more effective

Well they randomly changed the rotation so no braton. This week is dread and despair again. It's like DE monitors this board and my account just to annoy me LOL

• Like 1

lmfao , welp got me a dread bois guess we getting all the stalker weapons thats fun an the zylok!

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Oh damn lol, OH WAIT, THAT MEANS I CAN GET THE DREAD! I better hurry in case they change lol. 

Got mine in 1 game lucked out on a good run.

• Like 1

Tried out Lato/Kunai Incarnon, i prefer Kunai’s. Headshot targeting stronger than Controller Aim Assist and very nice time to kill with Cascadia Flare, faster than Lato’s with the same arcane. Only advantage Lato got is more charges in the Incarnon Mode.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since we got new Incarnons.

Curious what y'all thinking of grabbing first out of the new Incarnons? 

I will probably go for Boar and Gorgon first. Mostly because Shotguns are my fav, always liked the Boar, so looking forward to its normal version getting an upgrade, even if I don't end up liking the Incarnon. Gammacor I do like, but I can wait, Gorgon and Angstrum I am curious about... I generally tend to favour Primary weapons though. 

May change my mind though, since I probably won't play until late, and others will probably cover the Incarnon modes before I make my selection. 

19 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Been a while since we got new Incarnons.

Curious what y'all thinking of grabbing first out of the new Incarnons? 

I'm most interested in Gammacor based on the short description we got.  Followed closely by Gorgon and Boar.  These are all weapons I was mildly interested in pre-Incarnon, probably the Gorgon most of all.  However, I'm not nearly as excited by any of the base weapons as I was by several pre-Duviri: Nami Solo, Strun, Braton, Miter, Lex, Furis, Dual Toxo......Kulstar, lol. 

So on the face of it, this is a letdown for me.  Which is not to say that I won't change my mind after I get my hands on some, or that Incarnon Angstrum couldn't be my favorite weapon ever, only how I feel about them now in a near-vacuum.

For reference, here are the blurbs we got:

Boar (base and Prime)
Awaken this weapon’s ability to fire three short-range beams that chain link enemies in Incarnon Form.

Gammacor (base and Synoid)
Awaken this weapon’s ability to fire projectiles that pull enemies into a Cold Damage explosion in Incarnon Form.

Angstrum (base and Prisma)
Awaken this weapon’s ability to launch target-seeking fireballs that ricochet toward enemies in Incarnon Form.

Gorgon (base, Wraith, and Prisma)
Awaken this weapon’s ability to fire embedding projectiles that explode with Heat Damage in Incarnon Form.

Anku
Awaken this weapon’s ability to increase Range and Slash Damage during slide attacks in Incarnon Form.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Boar (base and Prime)
Awaken this weapon’s ability to fire three short-range beams that chain link enemies in Incarnon Form.

Gammacor (base and Synoid)
Awaken this weapon’s ability to fire projectiles that pull enemies into a Cold Damage explosion in Incarnon Form.

Angstrum (base and Prisma)
Awaken this weapon’s ability to launch target-seeking fireballs that ricochet toward enemies in Incarnon Form.

Awaken this weapon’s ability to fire embedding projectiles that explode with Heat Damage in Incarnon Form.

Anku
Awaken this weapon’s ability to increase Range and Slash Damage during slide attacks in Incarnon Form.

Thanks for posting this.  I had my eyes on the Anku, but anything with an "on slide attack" effect is dead to me.  Still, I like the Anku's stance well enough, and I've learned from previous incarnon melees that no amount of stat boosts and weird projectiles are going to save a melee with a bad stance.  I'll probably pick it up the next time this rotation appears.

As a diehard fan of the gammacor, I was excited for it and it remains my top pick, but that description is making me think of the simulor... in a bad way.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

In any event, this will be the first time I hold off on engaging with the SP Circuit for a few days.  I'm not interested in facing the jackal pre-hotfix.  I'll let the rest of you brave explorers hit the worst of the progstops, thanks.

A long time ago, when I started playing Warframe, Gammacor was among the first weapons that immediately piqued my interest. I have a great build for it and all but don't use it anymore because it can't handle multiple enemies. It's impossible to contest against AoE and chaining weapons. Heck, I doubt any secondary weapon will replace Ocucor unless DE nerfs it. That said, I'm looking forward to it as well as Angstrum and Boar.

With Angstrum, I'm curious how will it work and I like homing weapons so it might actually be amazing.

Boar doesn't interest me per say but I'm looking for a valid replacement for Latron. Latron is now the king of my weapons. Not even Exodia Contagion or Glaive Prime clear enemies like Latron does, but it's semi auto which gets boring to use quickly. I'm hoping for a full auto/hold trigger replacement.

• Like 1

I got Gammacor and Boar and after trying them out I can confirm this is what happened one day at DE.

"Hey! We'll give Gammacor a splitting target seeking beam, like Ocucor but not really."

"Cool!"

"We'll also give Boar the ability to launch a enemy pulling grenade. Like Stahlta alt fire but with an arc like Tonkor."

"Nah, we can't have ANOTHER shotgun that turns into a grenade launcher, people will make fun of us. Switch the Incarnons between Boar and Gammacor."

"But that doesn't make sense! The beams look silly when coming from Boar and a grenade with an arc and massive recoil doesn't fit Gammacor at all!"

"Just do it!"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

So I went straight for the Gorgon because I love the Gorgon. The description here is a little misleading... To me this reads like you shoot the enemy, something goes *beep beep beep beep beep beep*, and then their head explodes. Like the Buzlok or something but with an explosion after it hits. In reality it's just the Tenet Plinx alt fire projectile without the pull or the ammo mechanic, but you can hold the charge like a bow. Not sure why you would, since unlike a bow charging it doesn't deal any extra damage. It's just a speed bump to keep you from shooting too fast. Nothing really "embeds", either, it's just a delayed AoE. It's not even a projectile, it's a hitscan laser beam like, well, the Tenet Plinx. You get 20 shots on a full charge and firing it repeatedly just kinda doesn't feel very good. On the Plinx it works because your ammo is gone, it's the big shot finale. But here you can keep shooting, so you do, and when you do it's got a weird and kind of unpleasant cadence - even with P. Shred speeding it up. The damage on the AoE is not much of an upgrade either, to the point where I genuinely think the base mode is better. By raw numbers on my build I think it's about the same damage, just in an AoE form. Oh and the Heat damage messes with my elements. I'm using the newer Cold/Toxin Arcanes so I either get Blast (yuck) or Gas (which I like but let's be real Gas isn't very good). I guess I'm supposed to just run Viral and a 360% Damage Arcane like everyone else?

The Incarnon perks are pretty solid, though. +5 base damage (for reference the Prisma deals 23 base), another +8 when your shield breaks (or a perk if you use a channeled ability, but eh), +50% reload speed, -50% recoil, or +15 magazine size on reload from empty up to 3x, and a mix of base crit/status (+6% CC, +2%CC and +6% SC, or +12% SC).

If they got rid of the charge delay so it shot quickly like a SAR or sniper rifle and changed the FX around it'd probably be pretty solid mode worth switching into, but as it is I'm not sure what situations I'd use it in. I'm using the Gorgon because it's a quirky off-meta single target dakka gun, not because it's a generic AoE.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 3