Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rate this weeks incarnon weapons:

Traumtulpe

I got the ichor and the atomos. I was already using the ichor, so this is icing on the cake. It has naturally high crit damage and with 40-something status chance and weeping wounds, I am running a pure slash/toxin build and it melts enemies. The gas gimmick is neither here nor there, but it's nice to see when the incarnon form wears off.

The atomos I haven't really experimented with yet, but that's a huge base damage buff, so I am gonna try a pure heat build on it.

Got some great rivens for Miter from 3 years ago, so that's first pick ofc, but haven't farmed materials for it yet. But it should be pretty great based on the vids I've seen. Incarnon for turns it into Cedo alt fire... That's pretty great.

Picked Dual Ichor cuz of the nice base stats and because I don't have a good incarnon melee yet, but based on reviews I am starting to regret not going for Dual Tox...

It's kinda stupid how the incarnon forms of Torid and Atomos are swapped, so it is not fitting for either weapon now...

22 hours ago, (XBOX)Mineslayer2010 said:

I don't see myself using Atomos because secondaries are still significantly underwhelming. Plus I basically only use a primer. 

You might like the Hystrix Prime even without a riven. I just did SP circuit and bailed after a round of enemies close to level 1000. It was taking them out easily. Maybe the decrees helped, but it was like that from the start. No Armour stripping or fancy synergies, just the Hystrix doing its thing.

1 hour ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

After testing the torid for a while, it's just so stupid strong lol.... I have a feeling it's going to end up nerfed. Something just feels off about those chained beams, like they forgot to add target caps or something.

Yup and even the base form shot is quite scary with the improved damage, crit chance and status.

All I see when using Torid atm is a beam, orange numbers followed by corpses everywhere.

None of these weapons interest me. Miter comes close but even then i'd need to farm, build, level, forma, level more, and mod a full weapon just for an incarnon for a weapon that is pretty meh to me.

Edited by Joezone619

10 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

What does the Incarnon form do again?

It's some sort of glaive thingy that bounces in between enemies with some homing. It's not bad, but only 20 shots and recharging is a bit of a pain (large projectile with travel time).

20 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

It's some sort of glaive thingy that bounces in between enemies with some homing. It's not bad, but only 20 shots and recharging is a bit of a pain (large projectile with travel time).

18 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Generates explosive tracking/homing saw-blades with innate heat. Its fun

Are we talking about Cedo, Cyanex, Falcor, or Glaive type of homing here?

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

Are we talking about Cedo, Cyanex, Falcor, or Glaive type of homing here?

Cedo/cyanex. It will lock onto an initial target, and bounce between 3 more after. The initial target tracking can be wonky depending on flight speed but the following bounces are very reliable 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)CommanderC2121 said:

Cedo/cyanex. It will lock onto an initial target, and bounce between 3 more after. The initial target tracking can be wonky depending on flight speed but the following bounces are very reliable 

That sounds good. I'm looking for low effort to aim weapons like Cedo and Cyanex. I'll make sure to ty Miter then.👍

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

That sounds good. I'm looking for low effort to aim weapons like Cedo and Cyanex. I'll make sure to ty Miter then.👍

Again, don't disregard that you need to get 3 headshots with a slow moving projectile for every 20 homing shots, and the size of the projectile makes it hard to hit moa heads for example.

On 2023-05-14 at 9:28 PM, Traumtulpe said:
  • Torid: 8/10. A bit boring but stupid powerful.
  • Toxocyst: 7/10. Another chaining gun, kinda fun but not that strong due to a lack of slash/Hunter Munitions.
  • Dual Ichor: 0/10. The clouds deal no damage, the evolutions are terrible and don't synergize. And it's a melee.
  • Miter: 8/10. Less power but more fun than the Torid.
  • Atomos: 3/10. Just a vanilla explosive secondary. No slash.

I haven't tried any for myself so no idea. I also don't think it's a good idea to rely on anyone else's opinion with these. The content creators are all basing on level cap type of play so any enemy well below that would melt with any of these weapons.

As for my current Incarnon Genesis weapons, I am MADLY in love with the Sancti Magistar! That thing hits mega hard, crits to the moon, has insane range, loves rivens, heals with a heavy swing but kills everything with that same one swing, puts a parkour jetpack on your frame, can apply slash on impact damage, swings fast, staggers enemies, beats up shields and absolutely LOVES heat damage on it. Now I gotta have the dual Ichors. 

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Again, don't disregard that you need to get 3 headshots with a slow moving projectile for every 20 homing shots, and the size of the projectile makes it hard to hit moa heads for example.

Odd that DE didnt grant it the same slack as Torid where you only need direct hits. That thing builds stacks instantly.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Bold of you to assume I can aim.

I'm used to just shooting randomly and wait for the Incarnon charge to fill out of pity.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I'm used to just shooting randomly and wait for the Incarnon charge to fill out of pity.

Fair enough, though that will make the reload a hassle. Might I suggest the Torid instead? It doesn't need headshots.

Edited by Traumtulpe

7 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Fair enough, though that will make the reload a hassle. Might I suggest the Torid instead? It doesn't need headshots.

It's fine, I don't reload thanks to the Synth set. 👍

I'll get Torid once DE gives it a skin. Even Oscira would work.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

It's four headshots, but affected by multi of course.   That's really, really forgiving.  And the projectile speed perk makes that issue less of one.

I'm the lucky owner of a very old multishot miter riven, so it only takes one headshot most of the time, and never more than that once I've got two GChamber stacks up.  Unfortunately (?) it's also got RoF on it, so I can blow through all 20 Incarnon shots in 2 seconds if I'm not careful.

I don't think this would be a popular change, but I kind of wish Incarnon form kept the semi-auto/charge-up mechanics.  Not just because of the riven, but I'm fond of the mechanic on the weapon.  Not least because of the sound of springs being loaded during the charge.

18 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I've gotten Miter after all and got all the evolutions. It's EXTREMELY powerful. At first, I was rather upset the Incarnon form only has 20 shots but 1-2 are capable of cleaning the whole room of enemies, and that's without proper mods and a potato.

It's pretty easy to get headshots with spamming the quick shot and I haven't had to reload it normally yet as I usually trigger the Incarnon form quickly thanks to the weapon needing like 2 headshots for a full gauge.

I took the Atomos, and I thought I've made a bad choice, but after testing it's not that bad : it's true that the Incarnon form is a bit useless, as the buffs are much more useful for the normal Atomos mode, but it is interesting to turn Atomos into a kind of "old" Kuva Nukor.

Well, to be honest, I still regret my choice, but at least it's not that bad.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

as the buffs are much more useful for the normal Atomos mode

If only the second tier even worked for the atomos.

Selecting one doesn't add anything to the card, and even with direct testing it doesn't increase damage, even when you're doing the shield break one it doesn't increase damage like it should when your shields break.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Well, to be honest, I still regret my choice, but at least it's not that bad.

Wait until they fix the Atomos before deciding whether you regret it or not.

• Like 1