Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

clamps grind is where fatigue really sets in btw (stopping me from bothering to unlock incarnons)

i got the couple i really wanted, then started just casually playing circuit (if rng was amazing) for maybe 1 a week if i wanted it (the level 5)

but the clamps. . .

i go to activate it and get (nope go do this unrelated thing for 20min a couple times)

*SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

so i set myself public lone story steal path because i can easily solo it at this point and would not mind the zerg or to carry some random peeps. . .

a few minutes in and 2 stages done and i figure i must be on solo.

im bored, herding tams. . .

a second player joines!

some legend 2 that was also easily zerging the stages with me (though was annoyingly afk in a titania in the undercroft missions, seemed to know he could just afk and it would be fine, whatever) 

but we silently and professionally with clearly practiced repetition and precision zerged the oro fight (our silent rando tag team of the dragon was actually pretty impressive, we clearly both wanted it done fast) and melted the arena fight (spam skiping the cutscenes of course) before zerging the exit portal with a swift gg in the loading screen pleased with both our speedy run and to be out of that annoying content.

so i go activate my incarnon, its fun. (though i roll my eyes that this entire system seems built around the wuklone problem, weapons that would be OP for the player only and not the monkey)

but doing that over and over again for more. . .

no, its not the warframe i log in to play, plain and simple. and everything is so OP that nothing really matters so its just OP gun for the sake of ANOTHER op gun, nothing matters. 

put some clamps somewhere else, teshin store limited ticked purchase of 100 steal essence for 10-20 clamps, 1-3 times a week, (you balance it thats your job)

just don't make me play something that's not warframe for it and we're good, not that hard. 

Edited by (XBOX)ONI Prowess
  • Like 12

No. And stop complaining like you can't play the standard game as you always were able to do. 

You have your pathway to the "OP guns that are already Op", and you said it doesn't matter, so continue to use the weapons as is. After all, you don't NEED them and DE shouldn't bend over backwards to you just simply WANTING them. Damn dude...you act like it takes forever to even get those freaking clamps and I've collected enough to active 10 weapons without even trying to grind for it. This is the easiest grind in the freakin game. 

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

No. And stop complaining like you can't play the standard game as you always were able to do. 

You have your pathway to the "OP guns that are already Op", and you said it doesn't matter, so continue to use the weapons as is. After all, you don't NEED them and DE shouldn't bend over backwards to you just simply WANTING them. Damn dude...you act like it takes forever to even get those freaking clamps and I've collected enough to active 10 weapons without even trying to grind for it. This is the easiest grind in the freakin game. 

The point isn't whether it's easy or not, the point is that the mission where you grind them is boring as hell lol

Edited by Learicorn
  • Like 12

Farming Clamps was actually my secondary goal in Duviri content. My primary goal was farming and maximizing the new arcanes in the 3 Static Portals for each SP Duviri experience run. Some of these new arcanes are quite good and worth farming, going after them will automatically end up giving you Pathos Clamps as a side reward. Before you know it you'll have more Clamps than you know what to do with them.

• Like 1

This might be another case of getting bogged down due to inefficient grinding. Even if you're finding SP runs easy non-SP is still considerably faster to clear and the extra clamps in SP aren't worth how much longer the early sections + Wyrm fight take. Also it removes any need to play with a squad but if you do it'll be far more likely for others to be able to "solo" stages for you without even trying.

But the whole "this isn't Warframe" argument isn't valid. As having "non-Warframe" content is something we've had for over nine years now since Archwing first released. Since then we've also seen Operators, K-Drives, Railjack, Mechs, Kahl, and now Duviri. The game isn't exclusively about running around as a frame, you and everyone else need to accept this fact already that Duviri is Warframe content.

Plus even then you spend half of a Duviri run playing as a regular Warframe with regular weapons anyways. You already have the content you want within Duviri.

Edited by trst
  • Like 11

Hopefully they might add more methods of aquisition soon, but for now it is indeed a sad sitation as it's being limited to the Orowyrm bossfight, even resources that are annoying to farm/stack for similar reasons, like Nitain Extract, Scintillant, Toroids, Kavat Genetic Codes, Diluted Thermia, Seriglass Shard, etc... at least have limited uses/only a few items that requires them to prevent this kind of frustration.

The normal Lone Story is such an easy mission solo, with a guaranteed drop of 10 Clamps, just be glad DE didn't treat clamps like holokeys.

I stopped doing the Steel Pah version Solo because of the extra stages in the worm fight adding time and wow for an extra 5 clamps for me it wasn't worth it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, trst said:

This might be another case of getting bogged down due to inefficient grinding. Even if you're finding SP runs easy non-SP is still considerably faster to clear and the extra clamps in SP aren't worth how much longer the early sections + Wyrm fight take. Also it removes any need to play with a squad but if you do it'll be far more likely for others to be able to "solo" stages for you without even trying.

But the whole "this isn't Warframe" argument isn't valid. As having "non-Warframe" content is something we've had for over nine years now since Archwing first released. Since then we've also seen Operators, K-Drives, Railjack, Mechs, Kahl, and now Duviri. The game isn't exclusively about running around as a frame, you and everyone else need to accept this fact already that Duviri is Warframe content.

Plus even then you spend half of a Duviri run playing as a regular Warframe with regular weapons anyways. You already have the content you want within Duviri.

it has nothing to do with difficulty, everything to do with gameplay, i liked elden ring, i dont like duviri, i like warframe, i dont like duviri.

no duviri is hades light, its warframes take on another game, just like when they had their version of league of legends for a bit.

you actually have revealed (even if you didnt notice it) the problem with warframe, destiny 2, and the industry.

instead of focusing on their "5 seconds of fun" and perfecting it (you can go back and play the og halo and have a blast, know why? a good game dev would!) the devs have gotten bored with their own game and just keep making worse versions of other games and attaching them to warframe and leaving it to rot.

the players that need "something new" and "a change of pace" that play as their life are the problem, not the millions of casuals with a healthy relationship with the game who play it and go "what happened to my warframe?"

warframe is an old game covered in a bunch of other flavor of the month ideas and game modes, massive amounts of "change of pace" and "something different" to the point that we can no longer sell the original product to new buyers. . .

the og 5 seconds of fun have been neglected and are no longer up to date or worthy of being shown off, and its covered in BS content that you can find perfected in other better games? why would anyone play warframe for duviri over elden ring?

its an expansion made for warframe players sick of playing warframe, not for players who enjoy warframe.

Edited by (XBOX)ONI Prowess
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

it has nothing to do with difficulty, everything to do with gameplay, i liked elden ring, i dont like duviri, i like warframe, i dont like duviri.

no duviri is hades light, its warframes take on another game, just like when they had their version of league of legends for a bit.

you actually have revealed (even if you didnt notice it) the problem with warframe, destiny 2, and the industry.

instead of focusing on their "5 seconds of fun" and perfecting it (you can go back and play the og halo and have a blast, know why? a good game dev would!) the devs have gotten bored with their own game and just keep making worse versions of other games and attaching them to warframe and leaving it to rot.

the players that need "something new" and "a change of pace" that play as their life are the problem, not the millions of casuals with a healthy relationship with the game who play it and go "what happened to my warframe?"

warframe is an old game covered in a bunch of other flavor of the month ideas and game modes, massive amounts of "change of pace" and "something different" to the point that we can no longer sell the original product to new buyers. . .

the og 5 seconds of fun have been neglected and are no longer up to date or worthy of being shown off, and its covered in BS content that you can find perfected in other better games? why would anyone play warframe for duviri over elden ring?

its an expansion made for warframe players sick of playing warframe, not for players who enjoy warframe.

My point isn't difficulty, it's speed. Non SP Duviri is faster to the point that you get more Clamps for time invested than you do out of SP. If you're not finding the content fun then at least take the shortest route to completion.

Everything else you're going on about is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what other games, the industry, or whatever else do or has problems with. The fact is that "non-Warframe" content has been a core part of Warframe for most of its life now. Again you and everyone else who shares this opinion need to get over yourselves and realize the game that Warframe actually is and that, for a long time now, it hasn't been exclusively about "5 seconds of fun" as a Warframe. And for a number of reasons the only realistic expectation is for the trend to continue.

Sorry if you don't like it but that is the game you've been playing this entire time.

• Like 3

I'm glad I went through the process of getting some incarnons, but it is a lengthy tiring and boring process that I would not recommend otherwise. I think DE realised that too when they brought up the idea of selling the next batch of Incarnons.

• Like 1

I just need the fight to not be bugged out and lose me all of the resources I got before the fight, makes it frustrating wanting to play to get clamps when it could result in a waste of my time because I can't complete the Wyrm fight.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

"Um, actually, Duviri is based off of rogue likes, a genre that includes (but is certainly not limited to) Hades." 🤓

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT

10 hours ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

so i set myself public lone story steal path because i can easily solo it at this point and would not mind the zerg or to carry some random peeps. . .

If you can solo just solo. Random peeps will make it longer and harder instead of shorter (defense waves are smaller, extermination needs less targets, flood needs less energy per gate, wyrm has less disks etc).

If it had just been the Incarnons, it would be so bad. Two Incarnons a week, that's only four oro-wyrms a week, that's not too bad!

But the melee weapons, Kullervo and his shotgun on top of that, that just burned me out on Clamps before even getting to the incarnons

11 hours ago, Pakaku said:

I'm glad I went through the process of getting some incarnons, but it is a lengthy tiring and boring process that I would not recommend otherwise. I think DE realised that too when they brought up the idea of selling the next batch of Incarnons.

Pay To Win, I find it funny DE didn't think of this money maker sooner. CJ1Iq.gif

I mean this just sounds like a clash of desires. You can hope that something external happens, to solve the situation... but I don't think thats going to happen in this instance... so in the mean time, the best you can hope for, is an internal solution. 

To put it another way... I started to get bored getting Clamps as well, and a bit tired of the Circuit. So... I am taking a break from the game. For about two weeks now, have been barely playing it. Just been busy with real life. Now I am playing less, not as bored or burnt out, and probably by next week and Echos update, I'll be ready to jump back and play some more Orowyrm fights and do more Circuit. 

If/when fatigue sets in, and you get more frustration than pleasure, probably a sign to stop address the situation. Like if you really want one particular reward.. but don't want to do what you have to, to get the reward, as in the effort is considered greater than the reward... Unless the reward is great enough to you, its worth it... In some situations, external factors may play a role, and make the reward easier to get or the process to get the reward easier, but also often that won't happen, in which case its basically up to you and your own sense of self. 

So maybe take a break? DE may not and is under no obligation to put Clamps in Teshins store or anywhere that might be more convenient for some, though I mean, they may be putting some Incarnon up for Plat, and you might prefer that method... Just yeah, Warframe will always have some rewards many won't view as worth the effort. I acknowledge that I know my state is only temporary, and that for others, it might not be, and so a tougher or more frustrating position to be in, but really typically just comes down to what we want and are willing to do to get it. Then we must also face that in regards to Warframe, DE may not align such reward structures, in ways, each person may appreciate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Pay To Win, I find it funny DE didn't think of this money maker sooner. CJ1Iq.gif

Ah yes, buying an adapter.

- Still gotta make the weapon.
- Still gotta talk to Cavalero and clear the missions for evolutions.
- Still gotta Potato, Forma, Arcane Slot, Eximus Slot, and a paint job.
- Still gotta clear the story up to this point.
- Still need the mats to install the adapter.
- Still gotta farm those clamps so many people on the forum love.
- Still gotta write a mandatory Shawzin song about the journey.

'Pay2win'.

Edited by kamisama85
extra bullet point
  • Like 6

I like the Orowyrm fight, but I’ll always be more a fan of more open-ended fights where it’s like “Here’s a boss and their mechanics; approach how you want” instead of the fight being the same process and handled the same way (is why I’m not such a fan of Ropololyst; it’s cool and all, but it has to play out the same way each time)

• Like 1

I understand (partially) that people complained about clamps right after release. But now since 7CoK I just dont get it. Clamps are now a bonus reward on the path towards arcanes and the overall gameplay has also gone from a 50/50 Drifter/Frame split to 20/80 with the introduction of the bonus portals.

There are few content releases in any game, be it WF or any other, that I've managed to enjoy for as long as I've enjoyed (and still enjoy) The Duviri Experince. I really like the gameplay, I like having something to chase and I do a couple of runs each day farming for the arcanes. If I had known that the 7CoK update would bring the portals/arcane farm I would have likely skipped The Duviri Experience at release, since right now the clamps just stack up passively as I farm for other things.

2 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

Ah yes, buying an adapter.

- Still gotta make the weapon.
- Still gotta talk to Cavalero and clear the missions for evolutions.
- Still gotta Potato, Forma, Arcane Slot, Eximus Slot, and a paint job.
- Still gotta clear the story up to this point.
- Still need the mats to install the adapter.
- Still gotta farm those clamps so many people on the forum love.
- Still gotta write a mandatory Shawzin song about the journey.

'Pay2win'.

The last bullet point in that group is the most important one, you must have a singalong shanty for the journey while you have a beer tFawf.gifwith ya mates. :tongue:

Edited by Slayer-.

After reaching max drifter intrinsic, didn't do those incarnon adapters grind anymore.

Collecting decrees in duviri and becomes super OP is fun, but that feel won't last long. After all intrinsic maxed out, I didn't bother wasting another hour in it just for 10/15 clamps.

And all of those incarnon weapons are not stronger than zariman ones, also no mastery experience. Cannot find any interest of doing it for some guy that already have all weapons.

If maxed out intrinsic can still be earned and stored as some kind of token to exchange for clamps then maybe I will find playing duviri fun again.

(Who the hell thinks using clamps as a token is a good idea......)

• Like 1