Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is playing railjack and why?

Fixed_Username

1 hour ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Honestly I just want the Railjack to MEAN something.

Like what's the point of me destroying all the ships and completing the objective, if me going into the Ground Missions or even Corpus missions would be the same if I had just entered it the moment I spawned in.

it's not like any of the other Missions in the game mean anything either.

1 hour ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Personally, if a game mode is 'Best' with extra players then they should've just bit the bullet and made it mandatory Co-Op. Because, especially on launch with no NPC crewmate, it's obvious that they wanted it to be this co-op mode, but their half-assing it and just general Online play having all of the flaws doesn't help.

"Railjack is best experienced with other players"

Is basically code word for

"We designed it to be S#&$ with Single Player"

i mean that it's best with up to 2 Players, rather than 3 or 4.
playing Railjack solo is mostly fine, just the ground Objectives that can be a bit annoying to do. Shatter Burst can make it less tedious as long as you're fast at opening up the Radiators and such.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taiiat said:
2 hours ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

Hence why stuff like railjack survival, Defense, volatile, and spy should be infinite spawning optional objectives, not main objectives. Its okay to have ground missions in railjack - its not okay when your railjack is a murder taxi.

it's technically okay, but i still have to question - but why? we have lots of these Missions in the game already. how is this any different (it isn't, really).

Volatile is neat, granted, i like the concept, but it's not exactly exciting, it's just a bit different so occupies the time well enough.

Maybe if you could choose to go in the enemy ship or stay on the railjack side where killing enemies and disrupting ramsleds, turrets and artillery, coms to crewships and fighters making it safer for the railjack group to destroy the main ship •star wars battlefront style

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it's not like any of the other Missions in the game mean anything either.

In Spy if you trigger alarms in any subsequent vault, there are more guards. Trigger all three and it turns into an Exterminate.

In Rescue it determines the rewards.

For Sabotage, the fuel or coolant cell stages dictates the escape sequence.

Like they can add in modifiers where the actions you take have consequences for that mission, it's just weird that the big ship that's was supposed to be the big thing before they abandoned it to the curb, is somehow less complex in the consequences of your action than some of the older ones.

It's like, why have the ship in the first place if all the things you do while Railjacking not only has any consequences to the rest of the mission, but going on any On The Ground or Corpus missions you might as well not have a Railjack in the first place.

In Railjack Assassinations, your ship doesn't matter. In every other mission the only thing the Railjack does is being used to blow up radiators. And the fact that it's not even a quick in and out like Operators, instead there's like 5 animation cycles to go through makes it all the more repetitive when the AI bugs out and doesn't shot the targets or you happen to have teammates that were doing something else.

• Like 2

I spent the last two weeks farming corrupted holokeys so I can get the tenet melees to finish up my grind to LR3. 

In the process, I've essentially had a railjack renaissance, and realized that it's actually pretty fun. Constantly farming Veil Proxima void storms yielded me a lot of components that I valence fusion'd into my own ship's parts. Plus having elite crew members is such a boon to gameplay, you never have to worry about repairing the ship yourself again. 

I farmed Skirmishes solo just because of how fun it was. 

The corpus survival mission in Veil Proxima is also a great spot for ranking Necramechs and archguns.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Fixed_Username said:

who and why, simple. I think railjack is dead since they nerfed gian point mission. The mode is boring as hell now and I don't want to get out of my ship I spent hours grinding for. Who is playing this and why?

Me, because I still didn't bother to unlock all nodes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

In Spy if you trigger alarms in any subsequent vault, there are more guards. Trigger all three and it turns into an Exterminate.

In Rescue it determines the rewards.

For Sabotage, the fuel or coolant cell stages dictates the escape sequence.

Like they can add in modifiers where the actions you take have consequences for that mission, it's just weird that the big ship that's was supposed to be the big thing before they abandoned it to the curb, is somehow less complex in the consequences of your action than some of the older ones.

It's like, why have the ship in the first place if all the things you do while Railjacking not only has any consequences to the rest of the mission, but going on any On The Ground or Corpus missions you might as well not have a Railjack in the first place.

In Railjack Assassinations, your ship doesn't matter. In every other mission the only thing the Railjack does is being used to blow up radiators. And the fact that it's not even a quick in and out like Operators, instead there's like 5 animation cycles to go through makes it all the more repetitive when the AI bugs out and doesn't shot the targets or you happen to have teammates that were doing something else.

I just wish the ships we board in railjack actually have realistic interiors. Instead they are just the same old hobbled together mission layouts that we are used to, and they don't make logical sense in the context of actual ship design.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb BroDutt:

All of this just because you want Gian point back. Seriously? Stop trolling and play other games

OP is rude and condescending and honestly, tough guys like him are not worth any discussion. You won't change his mind anyway about anything. He is here to be right, not to get it right.

• Like 7

I play railjack, simply because I find the mode fun. I also find it fun to take my time going through normal missions (especially Spy missions).

I wouldn't expect someone who finds their """fun""" by doing everything they possibly can to not even play the game to understand.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Fixed_Username said:

who and why, simple. I think railjack is dead since they nerfed gian point mission. The mode is boring as hell now and I don't want to get out of my ship I spent hours grinding for. Who is playing this and why?

You think, because they nerfed gian point? Then you might want to ask why do you play railjack and different people play for different reasons, be it simply enjoying blasting ships into pieces to farming whatever one's chasing

• Like 2

I've always felt like railjack enforces co-op gameplay more than any other major game mode (idk about lunaro, but it's lunaro, so no one cares).  That's why I personally like it, but also understand why a lot of other players hate it: because it limits how much you can just do your own thing like with regular missions.

Plus it's a lazy way for super easy credits and for leveling amps, so there's that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fixed_Username said:

I dont really know man. Im only doing RJ when I get it in nightwave or for lich/sister. And even in nightwave I make sure to only do earth sover strait to spend the minimum time in RJ. I also tell my NPCs to do the whole mission on their own to also minimize my effort. Theres no way in hell I would do the friggin shielded crewship nonsense just to do a NW challenge rofl.

Edited by MaxTunnerX
  • Like 1

I don't touch it often, usually only for NW or rivens, and i have had too many pubs join and hop in a turret to afk the mission (love being able to spy on them with the tactical menu) to do it pub anymore.  but i do greatly enjoy doing it with friends whenever at least 3 of us are on. if someone is feeling a bit out of it, they can man the big gun, if they want something more fast paced, they can do the on foot stuff. we get to rotate roles,  and flying the ship is fun. i don't really need anything from it, but my friends who are still early/midway through their WF journey get a lot of good stuff. radiant relics, good XP, good endo, and it also hands you quite a few weapons to level.

I will say that we really only do the grineer railjack, as it actually feels like we're doing stuff as a team and respects our time. when working together we get through missions quickly and the pacing feels similar to the rest of the game. Whereas corpus railjack is slow and boring for everyone. since the mission structure is 1 person stays on ship to keep it alive while the others go do a time gated side objective, and then run a normal mission (which is also usually time gated).

ultimately, squad based play takes a certain level of maturity in players, since roles get filled, someone needs to get out on foot, etc. while that is railjack's weakest point, it is also its strength as a game mode.

TLDR: love grineer railjack, it is a good game loop that presents different levels of engagement that all feel rewarding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pantophage said:

ultimately, squad based play takes a certain level of maturity in players, since roles get filled, someone needs to get out on foot, etc. while that is railjack's weakest point, it is also its strength as a game mode.

Personally I found that as the weakest simply due to that mechanic not being present or encouraged for the rest of the game.

It's fine when it's in a vacuum, like your point of "We have a guy just on Artillery". As far as anyone outside of Warframe, it's like the equivalent of a TF2 Scout with War Fan as a Tank Buster or a guy in TF2 (lol) with Anti-Titan weapons.

But when the rest of Warframe doesn't do or have that kind of hard role commitment, it becomes weird. Imagine if there was an 'Eximus Deleter' role, where you're only allowed DPS and you would be considered throwing if you were to pick any CC option.

That's what I generally feel with the current state of the gamez not having those locked in roles and then making a whole ass huge game mode with so much resources where the whole thing IS just locked in roles before they loosened them up considerably.

Again, I know people yearn for the days when one player has to just NOT play the game and stay in the forge all day to maintain the ship. But honestly without forced roles being a thing early game, having it so suddenly in this other part, just doesn't fit.

Recall that the earliest you can get a Support Frame in this game is after Heart of Deimos with one of the longer grindier grinds with how the crystals and drops rates in Mirror Defense work. And before Citrine it was Oberon where you had to complete Railjack first, and if you didn't want that your other choice was Trinity with the Ambulas Boss Fight. Any game that wants to have enforced roles shouldn't have something as important as the healer/support be locked so far down the progression tree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Personally I found that as the weakest simply due to that mechanic not being present or encouraged for the rest of the game.

mechanically it isn't present, but anyone who had done any amount of farms via recruiting chat should be familiar. doing a o cell farm? someone is gonna be dps, someone is gonna be buffing, someone is gonna be speedva, etc. I know with power creep that stuff has gotten less common, but i don't think its an alien concept. I do think the game design rewards and encourages squad play for most game types

• Like 1

Nobody except me apparently.

Really need to get past this volatile mission that keeps stuffing me one way or another.  Need to get Saturn unlocked for when I get around to murdering this lich.

Earth usually has people but I generally avoid Railjack pubs as l, well, pubbing anything in this game is kinda......*expletive*.

No point doing it after getting all the one-off rewards from the different modes tied to it. It is just much too slow compared to star chart/SP versions of the same sub-modes within RJ. Endless RJ modes have been the most pointless, not even when grinding for the holo-keys were they worth it since the rotations wont reward the keys, just the overall mission reward has a chance to reward them.

Then with the NPC crew the space parts became Wukong in space and there is just no good middleground or reason to ever group again.

10 hours ago, (PSN)rexis12 said:

Again, I know people yearn for the days when one player has to just NOT play the game and stay in the forge all day to maintain the ship. But honestly without forced roles being a thing early game, having it so suddenly in this other part, just doesn't fit.

It isn;t really a forced role, usually the "engineer" role had other things to do as well and could turret as much as he liked between patching, forging, beating off boarders. It was a pleasant change to be tasked with support though, I think WF would be better if more modes emphasised support over death more.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

Really need to get past this volatile mission that keeps stuffing me one way or another.  Need to get Saturn unlocked for when I get around to murdering this lich.

Earth usually has people but I generally avoid Railjack pubs as l, well, pubbing anything in this game is kinda......*expletive*.

That is what clans are for. There are plenty to choose from, but the Darkstar Gladiators will have you, when I pop up and say "RJ time" there's always a couple who immediately want to come along.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

The node the Lich appears on is its own mission  Kuva Lich Confrontation on Saturn the node should already be active.

Edited by Slayer-.
wrong quote :O

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Hellsteeth30 said:

The only thing you need for volatile is a well modded mech. That means voidrig with necramech rage, necramech repair + all the HP/shield/armor mods for the high level volatiles.

Edited by MaxTunnerX

On 2023-08-22 at 2:12 PM, Fixed_Username said:

Railjack is not meant to be played the way you are describing. This is Warframe: an extremely progressive game that tells a big, crazy story and doesn't lock you into a set zone. Whatever reward type you're after determines what and where you're going to play. So, if Railjack had arcanes, then best believe it would be super packed with players. 

• Like 1