The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The price of Heirloom skins is incredibly disappointing.

Kymaeraa

2 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

They're probably putting together a statement and deciding what to do, and depending on what to do assessing what time will be needed to do so. They might have also, as I suggested earlier, have had their legal team study the situation. I'm not expecting anything until Thursday to be honest.

While I understand needing to wait, it honestly just sounds like an excuse to me, any type of  "Statement" of them "deciding" what to do and prepping their "legal team" just sounds like they are trying to find a short way of  "How to get away with it and still make a profit and tell the players to suck it up" if I'm gonna be honest with you.

They just need to be up-front with us, no statement, no excuses, nothing, just an apology and to make the price better 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Ah yes, a "Statement" and deciding what to do and prepping their "legal team"

In short, you mean: "How to get away with it and still make a profit and tell the players to suck it up"

Right?

I don't really understand what you're trying to achieve quoting me with this honestly.

I think the thing that winds me up the most about this pack is that if you supported DE all the way through the years and bought all the Prime access packs, they're sticking their fingers up at you. The people who should be recognised with a 10 year accolade are those that have supported DE, continually bought the PA. And ironically those that get hurt the most by this cash grab are those that have supported the most. They have no need for this mobile con artist currency regal aya, what are they going to do with it if they have everything?!

Just disgusting behaviour 😒 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

Tennocon just recently ended, they are likely still on holiday for the most part, or having to get back into a semblence of work, likely meetings and things.

It's only been 2 work days. I'd give them about a week-2 weeks at most before starting to poke and prod to see if they are aware.

Keep telling yourself this backlash is somehow not something they expected and still chose to go through with it after the Prime Vault > Regal Aya situation.

They being out of office or taking the wise approach of waiting doesn't negate, excuse or soften the fact they thought they could get away with it as their first choice.

3 hours ago, trst said:

So as far as DE is concerned there might not actually be an "outrage" going on as it may just appear like a small handful of players are shouting particularly loudly, which this community is prone to do.

Indeed. We don't know how big of a backlash they expected, but this likely falls within their considerations.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Ah yes, a "Statement" and deciding what to do and prepping their "legal team"

In short, you mean: "How to get away with it and still make a profit and tell the players to suck it up"

Right?

The fact that the pack launched the way it did in the first place tells me that something is amiss. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

I think the thing that winds me up the most about this pack is that if you supported DE all the way through the years and bought all the Prime access packs, they're sticking their fingers up at you. The people who should be recognised with a 10 year accolade are those that have supported DE, continually bought the PA. And ironically those that get hurt the most by this cash grab are those that have supported the most. They have no need for this mobile con artist currency regal aya, what are they going to do with it if they have everything?!

Just disgusting behaviour 😒 

The aya is one thing, but making 10 year players actually pay for this to begin with is outlandish, seeing as how it's supposed to be a celebration of veterancy (sorry about the buzz word).

• Like 2

Another issue with Regal Aya is the inflation of costs. "It used to be that prime accessory packs for unvaulted frames were 20$ and included all of that frame's cosmetics. Now 20$ will get you 3 regal aya. In many cases, for example equinox, you can only buy 1 cosmetic due to both of them costing 4 regal aya together."

So basically the heirloom packs are using an already inflated currency as justification for the price.

Also, the current rotations are absolutely stale. I'm someone who knew about the issues of regal aya but bought it anyways for a few prime accessories I've wanted for years. There's literally nothing else I want right now and who knows how long I'm gonna have to wait for before I see something I actually want to buy with regal aya?

• Like 3

On 2023-08-27 at 8:41 PM, CosoMalvadoNG said:

The question is if it's Tencent's or Rebecca's fault?  I don't know if it's just me but I feel like things are different from a year and a half ago to today.

It at the very least is on DE as a publisher, because their new game Wayfinder has a founders pack akin to Warframe founders. Heroic Kyros is timed exclusive to the highest tier Wayfinder founders pack (USD$150), and will never be available again once the founders packs go away in 6 months. Heroic is that game's equivalent to Prime, making Heroic Kyros the equivalent to Excalibur Prime.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2362391/Wayfinder__Exalted_Founders_Pack/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, trst said:

Not sure I'd call a channel that focuses on a single game with only 360k subscribers a "major" channel though. Plus those opinions are tucked away in a video on a different topic, not exactly the place to stir the pot with.

Thing though is he’s fairly well known in the community and he said he’d do a vid on this particular issue soon.

Be interesting to see what brozime has to say on this as well.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

What's the point of having a feedback section if no feedback is taken into consideration?

It makes the person feel like their feedback has been heard / will be heard. It's a simple psychological trick that has existed for millennia.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

What's the point of having a feedback section if no feedback is taken into consideration?

"Taken into consideration" =/= "Automatically implemented"

I really wish more people could wrap their heads around this simple idea.

• Like 3

The skins look great but they're not "next tier" like some think they're on par with Deluxe skins imo, coming with one accessories  puts them more around 225p or 15$ usd.

The first n, second bundles are priced exactly for what's in them and the most expensive one is "technically" (rolls eyes) at a small discount. though I think people are upset because they don't desire paying more money for flexible currency's just to get to the skins.

What bothers me the most is the bundles is lack in the value for the price in my eyes, there not as an easy a buy like other stuff in game.   I don't know what could fix it more plat? more regal aya? All I know is these bundles are a harder sell for me.

And if this "Heirloom skin" thing is about the in game economy regarding plat and DE trying get plat out and new money in the game then I have a thought,

Plat and aya could be exchanged for regal aya from Varzia.

DE could set the exchange rate however they want and maybe things like the Heirloom skins could be bought with regal aya from Varzia.

57 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

While I understand needing to wait, it honestly just sounds like an excuse to me, any type of  "Statement" of them "deciding" what to do and prepping their "legal team" just sounds like they are trying to find a short way of  "How to get away with it and still make a profit and tell the players to suck it up" if I'm gonna be honest with you.

They just need to be up-front with us, no statement, no excuses, nothing, just an apology and to make the price better 

First of all no probs, just saw your last post.

I understand what you mean, however I can tell as someone that has to do this kind of "talking to the general audience" stuff that you need to make sure you can do these things. They need to agree as a team first on what they want to do and how, and only then need to double check legally (I tried to explain earlier on and perhaps failed to do so properly, but adding more packs now can be a legal liability, even due feedback, due possible refunds, agreeing on what to add (ie: more plat? How much more? etc).). In short they need to make sure they can do what they want to do (ie: wanna offer refunds? Add more items? If so what and how many?).

I agree a "we're listening your feedback loud and clear, please give us some time to assess the situation" could be good, but these things require some time. I've given a lot of feedback and seen DE handle stuff like this in the past and they usually respond when they actually can start doing what they're saying, which I did not understand at first, until I found myself in similar situations.

Edited by NightmareT12
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

It makes the person feel like their feedback has been heard / will be heard. It's a simple psychological trick that has existed for millennia.

Yep. It only works for so long though.

23 minutes ago, Corvid said:

"Taken into consideration" =/= "Automatically implemented"

I really wish more people could wrap their heads around this simple idea.

I've compiled every instance I failed to realize their "open to feedback" is an Overton Window set in stone. They are not even considering if what they are willing to consider is pre-set already:

No feedback taken for Arbitrations reworked (Bonus: DE re-introducing community-rejected changes 2.5 years later exactly as initially rejected. DE literally waited it out and expected everyone to change their minds)

No feedback taken for the original Prime Resurgence because the event was set in stone:

No feedback taken for the Angels of Zariman Focus rework for Naramon, effectively still leaving it with just 1 passive despite being the absolute most popular and common suggestion:

No feedback taken from Holokey farm rate (1 entire month of DE "considering feedback" only to go through exactly as they proposed and closed and closed to the thread):

This is why I no longer share constructive feedback or give suggestions or even voice my disapproval at DE's decisions. I either take it as it is without any lube or stop playing the game. My voice doesn't matter. None of our voices do and won't ever matter until DE become transparent about the things they are willing and unwilling to change.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Thing though is he’s fairly well known in the community and he said he’d do a vid on this particular issue soon.

Be interesting to see what brozime has to say on this as well.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Brozime if you're expecting him to take a swing at DE.

Most likely outcome is he takes shots at the community's anger and carries water for DE with a reductive, trite "devs gotta make money" (ignoring that most of us aren't advocating for getting anything for free, we just don't want players to be screwed through their pants/DE to use FOMO tactics), and then ignore it after that.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

I don't want to go back on my words and I plan on not doing it no matter how much it bothers me. I'm main frost year one but it just doesn't seem fair to put a ton of padding in a skin just to raise the price.

Close Up Reaction GIF by Xbox

Don't do it, frost has better skins like....ummm.....

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
He do have nice helmets tho

3 hours ago, trst said:

Not sure I'd call a channel that focuses on a single game with only 360k subscribers a "major" channel though. Plus those opinions are tucked away in a video on a different topic, not exactly the place to stir the pot with.

Consider Tactical Potato has been with Warframe from nearly the beginning, and is a very well known name in the community... yes, he his absolutely a major channel

• Like 11

3 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

r/Warframe - Y’all got played

Ok this it's hilarious. 

Wow, DE is adding more fuel to the already raging fire. I guess DE can't hear the screams over the 25-50 million bucks they just made in a week. That's like, about up to 30% of their average annual revenue.

At worst, they will offer a cheaper pack with only the exclusive accessories (signas and skins) or added more platinum. 

2 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Wow, DE is adding more fuel to the already raging fire. I guess DE can't hear the screams over the 25-50 million bucks they just made in a week. That's like, about up to 30% of their average annual revenue.

It's not DE, it's the sub mods. They're apparently against the packs as well:

zf9mG4f.png

• Like 6