Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An important issue concerning GILLYCHAP

Yulfan

Alright. In the last devstream, we were introduced to this adorable fellow named Gillychap:

ycZHIX7.png

This will be a shoulder armor with Gillychap floating around. Really lovely. But there is one problem: this is apparently a left shoulder armor only. And what is already sitting on our left shoulder? Sentinels.

This is obviously not going to be a problem in all cases. But depending on the warframe, skins, animations pack and/or sentinel used, this now totally essential pet can clip violently with our mini-death machines.

For example, here is my Sevagoth with his faithful horror of the deeps Diriga:

Révélation

avz7ozt.jpg

As you can see, Diriga is quite a touchy-feely sentinel. I manage (kinda) to avoid him with the posing from Sevagoth's agile animation, but what if i use his noble animation?

Révélation

Q0duV57.jpg

Diriga is literally stuck to my face sucking my brain off, with his tentacles wiggling all around my left shoulder. You can imagine how messy it will look like when equipping the Glillychap shoulder armor on top of that.

It would be nice to have more options to avoid this kind of visual inconveniences. For example having this kind of unique shoulder armors (I'm talking about Grineer/Corpus/Infected/Narmer shoulder armors, and now Gillychap) both as a left and right version, but being able to equip them only on one shoulder (the right one in this case). I think it would be quite nice. Also, what about a Gillychap sentinel skin!? 🤩

To end this topic, this is how i will be a day and a half after the Whispers in the Wall update release:

Révélation

PudE0lZ.png

Edited by Yulfan
Typo
  • Like 2

am I the only one who thinks it seems out of place for Sevagoth? I guess it'd look good on Yareli, but then I don't really play Yareli, and this seemed like something that would come with her, rather than edgy boi Sevagoth. feels like Reb jumped Liger as he was finishing the skin and asked for this, because it doesn't seem like something Liger would do normally.. to each their own though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I thought the general consensus was that sentinels were the absolute worst of the worst companions, and only the most terrible of players used them for anything.  At least that's the general vibe I got whenever they came up.

Um.

What?

That was maybe the case like, six years ago. Even before the Companion Rework Sentinels were decent with their additional augments.

Now they're pretty much one of the best Companion options.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

I thought the general consensus was that sentinels were the absolute worst of the worst companions, and only the most terrible of players used them for anything.  At least that's the general vibe I got whenever they came up.

You are VERY mistaken. They always were good for support fire and had plenty useful options from their unique Precepts.

Also ... Kubrows exist, dood :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IggySnow said:

Gillychap should just be an emblem...

We already have animated 3D model emblems like the Ki'teer Sekhara. and this way that adorable little guy wouldn't be locked to a piece of armour.

That is a great idea, give it a special interaction with the shoulder armor so it can still use it as home reef and it's perfect.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Lollybomb:

Seems like someone hasn't played the new update :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

when was the last time u played?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Um.

What?

That was maybe the case like, six years ago. Even before the Companion Rework Sentinels were decent with their additional augments.

Now they're pretty much one of the best Companion options.

nah, sentinels have never been considered the worst type of companion. in fact until fetch got reworked to be a gather link, sentinels (and before that carrier specifically) were the meta for companions. it is only when fetch got reworked and the vulpaphyla's got introduced that sentinels really ceased to be meta. the only exception to that is smeeta kavat. 

and the only reason vulpaphyla became meta was their ability to come back. which now isn't exclusive to it anymore. 

• Like 1

il y a 19 minutes, (PSN)Lollybomb a dit :

Ok, fine.  I stand corrected.  It's just that all I ever saw was comments to the effect that running anything except smeeta or vulpa phyla was a complete waste of time, and I wouldn't have thought that sentinels being able to self revive was going to be that much of a game changer.

It's not only the self-revive. The Bond mods really expanded the build possibilities for Sentinels. A lot of them have really excellent synergies with their precepts. Sadly on the other hands, beast-type companions struggle to find interesting uses for these mods. Obviously it's still early after the update and players are still testing stuff. On top of that, it was announced during the last devstream that some buffs are expected next week, and there is also a whole part 2 of the Companion Rework next year, focusing on precepts mods.

There is still a lot more to come for companions, and this part 1 of the rework already show some promising results.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Ok, fine.  I stand corrected.  It's just that all I ever saw was comments to the effect that running anything except smeeta or vulpa phyla was a complete waste of time, and I wouldn't have thought that sentinels being able to self revive was going to be that much of a game changer.

The smeeta/vulpa opinion you are referring to is one popularly voiced by youtube influencer noobs and mid-tier players who have no idea what they are talking about. 

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The smeeta/vulpa opinion you are referring to is one popularly voiced by youtube influencer noobs and mid-tier players who have no idea what they are talking about. 

As well as anyone who played anything above low level normal star chart.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (PSN)Lollybomb said:

Pro tip for life in general: especially in regards to human behavior, there are very few absolutes in life.  So when someone says something along the lines of "only people who are unskilled/bad do ____", you should always take such statements with a huge grain of salt, because generally what such a person is actually telling you is that they gloss over nuance and make poor blanket judgments.  Best practice is to see it as a huge red flag when people badmouth "people who do X" unless X is innately bad and could never result in a positive outcome under any circumstances.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
  • Like 4

On 2023-10-29 at 5:41 AM, (XBOX)DragonMan 2700 said:

If on the right Gillychap would be floating in our faces while playing. 

Which is precisely why I'd like asymmetric armours to be mirrorable, because I play over the left shoulder.

On 2023-10-29 at 2:07 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Also ... Kubrows exist, dood :P

At least Huras can co-exist with pseudo exalted warframe. Predasite on the other hand. And poor Helminth Charger just got nerf ...again.

Back to OP, I think Gillychap should have brothers and sisters in the form of Ephemera

I was just having the same issue with Diriga and the Hydroid Deluxe sentinel skin, its way to close and in your face. Would be nice if we could move the offset for sentinels to make them hover a bit farther away from your frame. Also looks like you had he same idea I did, to prep your Sevagoth for his upcoming aquatic skin. lol

• 2 months later...
On 10/30/2023 at 2:58 AM, BroDutt said:

At least Huras can co-exist with pseudo exalted warframe. Predasite on the other hand. And poor Helminth Charger just got nerf ...again.

Back to OP, I think Gillychap should have brothers and sisters in the form of Ephemera

I gave Sevagoth Glaukus the Soaker Ephemera for this very reason. He’s got a whole shoal of fish keeping him company.

(also run Soaker on Hydroid and Yareli)

On 10/30/2023 at 5:51 AM, Karyst said:

Make sure to run it with that fishy ephemera or else you'll get 3/10 rating.

Soaker is the bomb. Versatile for Hydroid, Yareli, and now Sevagoth.