Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the shop for plague star closed?

GUARDOFLIF3

22 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

They don't? Most games I've played remove event shops and other event stuff when the event ends.

Well don't hoard stuff next time I suppose.

Pretty much this.
The devs really don't like players hoarding currencies. So they try their best to make it detrimental to do just that wherever possible.
The good news is your "currency" for plaguestar persists into the next time it shows up, unlike Nightwave.
The bad news is it's not an annual event. It's suppose to be, but the last few times the devs have decided to bench it for a year or two between runs. So it's more of a "whatever time inteval the devs decide" kindof event.

• Like 4

Yes, the event is over it's gone until next time like mentioned you keep your standing.

Speaking of DE, I went to buy the Nihil fight key before it closed down but couldn't because now you cannot own more than one copy of the key to enter the fight.

So I had to go and use up the two I had in my inventory it was never like that it's a new thing with DE. 

• Like 1

I'm always amazed by people that for some reason wait, either until the last minute or until it is too late. Like people doing their holiday food shopping the last day possible and complain <insert random food/ingerdient here> isnt in stock, preferably also done at the later part of the day so the chance to get what you are after is even lower.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, GUARDOFLIF3 said:

I can't buy the forma I grinded for.

The silver lining is that when Plague Star comes back next year or the year after that, your currency will still be there and you can buy your Forma then.  So you haven't truly lost your rewards by waiting, you've just significantly delayed them.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar

17 hours ago, Hayrack said:

At least you are not the guy who lost nearly thousand Nightwave credits, when he missed the end date.

I lost my whole currency from previous NW. Was more than thousand. So? It does not matter.

As a matter of fact I also did not use Nora Vol I credits it seems:

https://pasteboard.co/Tb4ClrPtq9pz.jpg

Edited by Zakkhar

vor 2 Stunden schrieb SneakyErvin:

I'm always amazed by people that for some reason wait, either until the last minute or until it is too late. Like people doing their holiday food shopping the last day possible and complain <insert random food/ingerdient here> isnt in stock, preferably also done at the later part of the day so the chance to get what you are after is even lower.

Same. Another game I'm playing, people don't claim the rewards of the "battlepass like content" until the last minute, and of course some screw up and lost a whole season for.. something.

Lesson learned, op. (I hope but also doubt)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GUARDOFLIF3 said:

I can't buy the forma I grinded for. Other videogames won't close down event shops the moment the event is over.

You've been playing warframe for 7 years.

By now you should be more than aware of how warframe handles it event shops: They go away as soon as the event ends, not a day later.

So I just have to ask: What was the point of so jealously hoarding the tokens?  You were told when the event would be ending, and you had the entire time of the event to buy the forma you so wanted.  So why hold onto it until the very last second?
All this does is make you look foolish as you complain "I never used my currency until after the event ended!  Why doesn't the game let me use my currency now that I've wasted the entire time not using it!?!?"

I've seen the same stupid behavior with battlepasses where people won't collect on the rewards until the very last day of the battlepass, for whatever reason, and then complain that they missed their window and now cant get any of the reward they grinded for because they refused to do it at any point during the actual battle pass.

• Like 4

Just an addition: I guarantee, 110%, that even if DE had set the Plague Star Shop to end a period of time (a day, week, month, doesn't matter) after the event itself ends there'd still be someone complaining about not having enough time to claim their rewards. Not necessarily OP, but someone. Absolutely guaranteed.

And then there'd be preaching to leave the store perpetually open so people can spend their points whenever. And at that point people would show up complaining that the event store should be closed since there's no point in it and it irks them seeing the forma up for grabs but no way to get it. Also absolutely guaranteed.

This is the way - with this community, at the very least. At some point even DE has to bite the bullet and decide that some issues can't possibly be truly solved in any way, and that some people will just have to deal with it.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 4

Every single game I've played announces when an event shop closes if it doesn't close at the same time as an event.

And as evident by the event post only having one end-date it should have been obvious as to when it would be closed.

As for what to do now all there is for your standing is to wait for the next time (whenever that'll be) to spend it. As event standing/currencies tend to always carry over to the next running.

Edited by trst