Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is there anything in Tennobaum for players to actually do as event gameplay, or is it just "Give us money, and we'll donate to charity."

Hexerin

I'm aware of the PvP mode (snowball fight or whatever), but I don't count that since the overwhelming majority of the playerbase doesn't PvP.

Like don't get me wrong, it's nice and all that they're donating to charity. But an event isn't really an event if there's no actual event to participate in.

Usually we have rewards for reaching certain milestones, glyphs, more glyphs, the occasional forma (we all love forma), but that’s about it. 
Also a “special limited time game mode,” but it’s the pvp thing you mentioned. (which almost no one ever does)

26 minutes ago, Malikili said:

Also a “special limited time game mode,” but it’s the pvp thing you mentioned. (which almost no one ever does)

Unless there's some really good rewards locked behind the snowball pvp, i get the feeling nobody will really touch it. I'm not a lover of pvp in general and conclave is basically dead (plus broken, but at least with the snowball fight people can't abuse weapons like the Telos Boltace) so while it's interesting to see the snowball fight back, i might not touch it unless it features some decent rewards, in which case i'll just run them to obtain said rewards and then not worry about it.

• Like 1

Nothing really and I'm honestly fairly glad it is like that regarding most WF holidays. Compared to WoW for instance, WF just has so much regular content to do that an event kinda feels pointless or obstructing to me. Could be because I tend to focus hard on events in games, leaving other things behind, which mostly isnt an issue since the things left behind tend to be few, here it isnt really like that.

Plus we are getting an operation together with the WitW update in december, so a tennobaum specific event game mode would be even more in the way imo.

I really hope they dont tie any rewards to the snowball PvP crap.

5 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

It's mostly a money thing.

The Snowball PvP mode returning after 7 years is a bit left field considering like... 4 people play PvP and it's been relatively abandoned for years.

I bet those 4 people are gonna be so happy that they feel relevant again lol. 

38 minutes ago, BowserNC said:

I bet those 4 people are gonna be so happy that they feel relevant again lol. 

Conclave Variant/Tactical Alerts where everyone uses the same weapons is actually decent fun, because it's not woefully unbalanced. I quite enjoyed the original Quick Steel Event, Valentines Day Conclave Alert, and the original Snowball Showdown, and I really don't like Conclave much (I used to like Lunaro when it wasn't broken).

I know PvP isn't popular in this game, but it's pretty chill and not annoying when lobbies are filled with players with all levels of skill. Part of what really drags Conclave down is how stale the matchmaking is.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 5

are you guys really gonna complain about getting stuff during the event if other people donate THEIR money? bruh..

I probably won't play the PvP mode either, but you don't HAVE to donate, there's just enough charitable whales out there to bolster the regular donaters, there must be because I've never known us ever fail to hit the max donation targets.

meanwhile everyone, including those who don't donate, can get free stuff in the game, alerts etc. this is how it's always been, so what's wrong with it? I don't see what people could complain about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Vets like me that don't need anything spend plat on less fortunate players. 

It's about helping others.

Yep.

I really wish they reworked the gifting leaderboard to tally Platinum value and not just volume of gifts. Real nice people are woefully overshadowed by people dumping Platinum into 5 Platinum Argon Crystal Orbiter decorations as gifts.

• Like 4

I like to go through my friends wish lists and see what they have their hopes and dreams set on. Then I look for something that is moderately priced, I check how much Platinum I have, and since I have been playing for a long time, and grind pretty efficiently, I have a decent amount of Plat on me most of the time. So I look for an item on their wish lists, and see what looks good... then I go to their profile, and sort by most used. Scroll to the bottom and see the Warframes they play least, and buy them the Deluxe Skin for those Warframes. Maybe a Noggle of their last favourite Warframe too. Then in the message you can leave, I leave an original and tasteful joke about their caregivers weight, age, etc 

Ha, just kidding, Deluxe skins are expensive, even for a joke, maybe if I get a Voucher though, otherwise I just give a few friends stuff I know they are short on, or stuff I know they are stubborn about (have a friend that refuses to buy Riven slots, and another that refuses to buy Forma), with inside jokes. 

I am actually looking forward to the snowball rights.

It got me to the 4th level of the syndicate last time it came around and it can be fun.

There usually are some rewards depending on milestones , usually cosmetics and skins , but there can be free weapons or special discounts.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I'm neither of these friends but I'm both of these behaviors in one.

Totally. I imagine there are quite a few people like that. Makes sense. 

I'm more of a "if I have enough to spend and not worry about it, its better than waiting or grinding" type. Plus the friends will help me in ways that are complimentary as well, as is the nature of many friendships. 

5 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Vets like me that don't need anything spend plat on less fortunate players. 

It's about helping others.

That's the difference.

Vets like me grinch away their plat and want nothing more than to bathe in the tears of the less fortunate. :p

• Like 2