Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are DE giving founders special treatement?

Doomyo89

Take a moment to ask yourself this OP.

It's Friday, and suddenly this happens. And you're one of the people caught up in it.

Pdykono.png

How special would you have felt then?
You would have been the first one angrier than a Bombastine that just stubbed his toe on a random Shawzin sitting around, complaining that DE should have finished it before releasing it.

Well that's exactly what this is. They are using us as fodder to make sure you're sound as a baby when it comes.

Edited by kamisama85
Hit enter too early.
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Doomyo89 said:

I hate to say this but it would make sense because how late everyone elses cross save is and founders got it first and it was pretty much ready for them... they didint brother get everyones gross save ready BEFORE IT LAUNCHED! i have been waiting for year to able play warframe again... so i apologize if i mad rn... 

it isn’t a matter of “getting people ready” it’s a matter of not having to roll back a million accounts if something goes wrong - which it did - which is why they’ve disabled it now

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

Take a moment to ask yourself this OP.

It's Friday, and suddenly this happens. And you're one of the people caught up in it.

Pdykono.png

How special would you have felt then?
You would have been the first one angrier than a Bombastine that just stubbed his toe on a random Shawzin sitting around, complaining that DE should have finished it before releasing it.

Well that's exactly what this is. They are using us as fodder to make sure you're sound as a baby when it comes.

"Issue with clan handoff". 

Thats probably one of the tamest oopsies that could have happened. 

If people lost items, inventory, progress, or account functionality, theyd be pissed.

4 hours ago, TeaHands said:

"For the love of god just let the devs cook."

Shigeru Miyamoto, 1776

They have been “cooking” this for years. There shouldn’t be this many issues when they decided to actually launch it. It’s not a good thing basic issues are still creeping up.

Edited by (PSN)Joylesstuna
Reddit is actually praising DE for rolling back cross save merges

No and yes, in the sense that they are the first child, in which the parents get to practice on first, which means they can get some advantages and disadvantages. There will always be additional factors as well. For example if Founders outnumbered non Founders, would they be the first to get cross save? They actually wouldn't, because DE are approaching this in a stress test sort of way, as in smaller groups are preferable. So if Founders were larger, they would instead have looked for a different smaller group. However in reality, Founders are a smaller group to use as a stress test. Their may be other reasons as well, to do with the complexities of the tasks they are trying to accomplish. 

Also you do not have to apologise for being mad, but for your own benefit, its really important to understand that being frustrated and annoyed is something very different than attributing special motivation or treatment to others at your own exclusion. Have you eaten anything recently? Well I haven't and I am hungry, when you last ate a meal... did you do that to spite me? Why are you giving yourself special treatment? Well... you aren't really, thats not how most people operate or behave. 

You know there are some Founders who aren't really that interested in being first with merging or cross save? They would rather wait until they know its a tested and practiced, bug free experience in a few weeks? After others? Well, for you and your situation... you probably don't care right? Since it sounds like you have wanted to play Warframe for a long time, and are just trying to wait patiently for cross save so you can start to catch up right? Which many would sympathise, and thats very fair and valid... but again, thats from a position of frustration from having to wait. Would you rather it be done fast and ruined or right, albeit slower and more careful? Its very much less about giving any group special treatment here and more about DE trying to implement without screwing up majorly and breaking peoples accounts, in ways that can't be fixed, which would be way worse.

Again, sympathies but also all of above.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

They have been “cooking” this for years. There shouldn’t be this many issues when they decided to actually launch it. It’s not a good thing basic issues are still creeping up.

Yeah, I'm happy with the character growth with DE lol. Instead of dropping an ambitious and broken expansion and going on vacation, they dropped a fun update that isn't broken and cautiously attempting something ambitious on a smaller batch of players.

Edited by TeaHands
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Doomyo89 said:

I hate to say this but it would make sense because how late everyone elses cross save is and founders got it first and it was pretty much ready for them... they didint brother get everyones gross save ready BEFORE IT LAUNCHED! i have been waiting for year to able play warframe again... so i apologize if i mad rn... 

You would think twice if you read this thread, DE have some sorting to do, or at least clarify it.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Since 2021 at least? Doesn't seem that long for a feature being implemented on an old game that could cause many technical issues.

20 hours ago, Doomyo89 said:

Don't be

As Zahnny said, just be glad the Founders are doing it first. you'd be a lot more upset if you lost everything, let the Founders go ahead first.

16 hours ago, kamisama85 said:

You would have been the first one angrier than a Bombastine that just stubbed his toe on a random Shawzin sitting around

I love this ^

10 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

There's a hell of a difference between a closed testing environment and a live environment. There's things that simply don't crop up in a testing environment, and weird edge cases from simple human error or less-than-ideal networking conditions which can make something behave in entirely unexpected ways.

What's going on with cross save is entirely normal as far as software development goes, and DE are right to take it slowly to make sure nothing goes wrong, seeing as we're dealing with inventories that have had potentially hundreds of dollars sunk into them, and god knows how many hours of play. Rushing this out the door right before christmas would have been an incredibly reckless move.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, MechNexus said:

There's a hell of a difference between a closed testing environment and a live environment. There's things that simply don't crop up in a testing environment, and weird edge cases from simple human error or less-than-ideal networking conditions which can make something behave in entirely unexpected ways.

What's going on with cross save is entirely normal as far as software development goes, and DE are right to take it slowly to make sure nothing goes wrong, seeing as we're dealing with inventories that have had potentially hundreds of dollars sunk into them, and god knows how many hours of play. Rushing this out the door right before christmas would have been an incredibly reckless move.

you dont test stuff when you are about to launch lol... that should be tested before a launch... i mean shoemakers dont just test shoes when customers are about to have it in shoestore thats just bad for business... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doomyo89 said:

you dont test stuff when you are about to launch lol... that should be tested before a launch... i mean shoemakers dont just test shoes when customers are about to have it in shoestore thats just bad for business... 

Did you read my post? It has been tested - in a private environment. The problem is, a private test environment is a whole different beast to the live environment with millions of people. You can create a pocket universe and test in that private environment for millenia, but when you send it to live something will go wrong. That's the point of the slow rollout - to find the issues and squash them in a calm and controlled manner, so only a handful of (easily trackable) users have to be compensated rather than thousands, or even millions of (extremely hard to track) users swamping your support at once and gumming up any efforts to narrow down and fix the bugs.

Edited by MechNexus
  • Like 6

Some things come up in live version that don’t in testing. It’s just the way it works. Some people are going to be playing on setups that your testers don’t have access to, and that will affect things. 

With clans specifically (where the issue arose), I dunno how many clans they’d even have on the test server. Most things you’d be testing wouldn’t call for more than a couple. 

• Like 2

Absolutely they are. And I was playing back in those times. Why couldn't it be people who spent the most money this year? Or, the people that supported you in other ways the most this year. Its always about founders when founders is long gone. They got excalibur so DE should have been moved on. Stop giving them extra stuff and support your existing players! It wasn't that hard to see a better way to do it. Or how about this....don't label who get's it first. Or do it by platform to platform. First come first serve. Anything other than founders. 

I was playing during the founder's time but didn't buy excalibur. But I spent so much on this game my parents and kid's would be ashamed of me. And even then I still think it was unreasonable. I know someone mentioned don't put out cross-save until you can open it up for everyone. That person needs a raise and a promotion....immediately!

Is op for real?

Something about your post sounds like someone giving a tantrum out of pure spite and envy--without understanding the consequences and risks the founders might have to go through just to test a feature that might break about 10 years worth of progress on millions of accounts. And no, the devs didn't have 10 years to cook this. They never planned on cross-save in the first place. They even denied it multiple times in the past. But since it's one of the most requested features, they decided on it about 2 years ago.

I'm just as on the edge about this. I have been waiting and hoping for cross-save for a long time. I was also disappointed when I heard something went wrong but hey, things don't always go the way we want, right? How about just try to play something else, or enjoy whatever it is you enjoy about life while you wait for cross-save. Surely there is more to your life than just Warframe and the hope for cross-save, right?

Edited by _-Friendship
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Psianide73 said:

Op comes across as a petulant child. Sorry/Not sorry

lol kinda rude mate we are having a discussion.... im just mad because DE couldnt do gross save earlier... im waiting a year for able to play a game btw.... 

18 hours ago, Doomyo89 said:

they said that to create a false narrative because they know how it looked... i dont buy it 

they should have beta testers before launch... or their own staff idk but tested it alter launch is kinda moronic... 

That uhm isnt how false narratives tend to work. Those tend to understate the situation, not go out and admit to having ran into one of the worst possible scenarios with something. And I'd say risking clans is one of those scenarios since peoples time and money are invested in them.

Also, testing in house in a controlled environment wont help them with issues that can arise when you bring it out to literally millions of users from all parts of the world.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Doomyo89 said:

lol kinda rude mate we are having a discussion.... im just mad because DE couldnt do gross save earlier... im waiting a year for able to play a game btw.... 

We been waiting for Railjack for years. Look at it now. We also been looking forward to The New War. Look at it now. Lower your expectations. You'll just be more dissappointed. Cross save isn't what you hope it is.

Stop getting upset over the way they handle founders, those people funded this game when major publishers shut the door on DE...
I LOVED Dark Sector when it came out, had I known DE was working on another project that became this game just one year earlier, I would have been a founder. I have no hate for them or their exclusivity. they helped build and shape this game.

This is simply IMO, but why show hate for those who took the gamble and got paid off very well in the end? Don't get me wrong I get super jealous, especially over Excal but I wasn't there for the chance. So I sulk in silence because crying about it does nothing for anyone.

• Like 2

The choice to start with founders is honestly less likely to be about special treatment and more about "These are a group of users we can easily identify as having been around for a long time and have been through several changes to the game's logic, and also spent at least some money on the game so the handling of purchases can be tested in live as well. If it works well for these users, it's very likely to work fine for everyone else as we expand the scope of the rollout". It's really as simple as that.

13 minutes ago, MechNexus said:

The choice to start with founders is honestly less likely to be about special treatment and more about "These are a group of users we can easily identify as having been around for a long time and have been through several changes to the game's logic, and also spent at least some money on the game so the handling of purchases can be tested in live as well. If it works well for these users, it's very likely to work fine for everyone else as we expand the scope of the rollout". It's really as simple as that.

Also that it is the smallest larger group of users out there. More people to find issue but not so many it will be difficult to track everything.

I wish people like OP would be patient. It's still coming.

• Like 1