Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frames do you NOT Helmith skills on?

Xzorn

Just curious. So many frames have at least one dead skill and in other cases their kit simply works better with another ability.

For myself:

• Rhino - Whole kit works well. Has since released.
  • Voruna - Her 4th build simply can't work if I change anything.
  • Frost - There's options but his augments are strong.
  • Mag - An odd one. Always said her 4th is a great way to die but counter pulse and improved pull helped.
  • Nidus - Don't feel like that needs explaining.
  • Wukong - Survival, Survival and more Survival.
  • Baruuk - If not for Endless Lullaby I'd probably swap to Radial Blind.
  • Gauss - Guess I could ditch his 1st ability but it's so much fun.
  • Octavia - Hardly play but it all just works.
  • Titania - Just about everything I could want in a kit.

Also if you swapped skills on any of these I'd be curious what you picked.

I dont remember which frames that i use i havent swapped out anything but I'll bite for the follow up.

• Frost: Swapped frost wave with nourish
  • Voruna: 4th replaced with roar
  • Baruuk: Elude replaced with helminth strength
  • Gauss: Sunder replaced with helminth speed

I think there's like a handful of frames I don't add helmith abilites to. 

Octavia: Her entire kit is needed for mass slaughter. Like genicidal level slaughter.

Ash: Everything works well. Can't think of anything that will make his 4th better.

Limbo: Eh... I don't play him much.

The only frame I've  refused thus far  to replace anything on, and the very idea offends me a bit, is Harrow.  There are a few more where I don't particularly like replacing anything or my favorite builds involve their four native abilities.  Kullervo is probably the best example.

(Not counting a bunch I've never replaced anything on because I just don't like or want to spend any time or resources on the frame.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

swapped titania's 3 for energized munitions

swapped rhino's 4 for parasitic armor

can't do any helminth for yareli, everyone knows why

I only swap abilities if it blends well with my build or if it fits thematically.
for example my Saryn build is a damage buffing one + occasional nuker, so I have Nourish (RIP) to get viral along with corrosive and toxin. I call it the "Saryn teaching you a thing about toxicology" build.

on the other hand one of my thematic builds is my Weather witch Gyre, swapping her first for tempest barrage, I've explained this here before, it's such a cool build, with rain and thunder storms.

Frames where I've never replaced anything because I like how default kit works:

* Citrine

* Saryn

* Nidus

* Kullervo

* Lavos (although that's partly because I don't want to lose access to any elements for imbuing)

* post-rework Hydroid

* Rhino

Titania

* Harrow

Frames where I sometimes think I should replace something, but haven't because the frame works well anyway and I'm lazy

* Frost (could replace Ice Wave)

* Gyre (could replace Coil Horizon, because I don't like the physics on it that much)

* Khora (could replace Venari easily, since I almost never cycle that)

* Nova (could replace anti-matter drop or wormhole, depending on what I'm aiming to do)

* Gauss (could replace Mach Rush)

* Mag (could replace Crush, although I like it with the augment, or Pull, depending on what I'm aiming for)

Frames on your list where I've subsumed something

* Baruuk - I replaced Elude with Thanos Strike. Easy armor strip suits my playstyle better, and is really helpful against things like the Corrupted Jackal

* Octavia - while my default build has no subsumed abilities, I have 2 configs with subsumed ablities (both over Amp). One where I subsumed Spellbind (mostly for radiation sorties) and one where I subsumed Ensnare, which I find useful for Disruption

* Wukong - I subsumed Golden Instinct over Iron Staff when it was still awful, and it been so useful that I've never gone back (I do have a config which still has Iron Staff, but never use it)

Personally, it would be faster for me to mention those in my arsenal that I helminth-ed. But in the spirit of the thread, I'll try to list it. Most of them work well so I don't see a reason to replace anything

Volt

Nyx

Excal

Titania

Ivara

Oberon

Xaku

Protea

Caliban

Dagath

Citrine

Limbo

Revenant

It's kinda hard for me to include Styanax and Hydroid. They are in my arsenal, but I practically never use them.

As for your secondary question, none of the frames in your list I helminth-ed by virtue of most of them not being in my arsenal.

vor 18 Minuten schrieb drnlmza:

Frames where I've never replaced anything because I like how default kit works:

* Citrine

* Saryn

* Nidus

* Kullervo

* Lavos (although that's partly because I don't want to lose access to any elements for imbuing)

* post-rework Hydroid

* Rhino

Titania

* Harrow

Frames where I sometimes think I should replace something, but haven't because the frame works well anyway and I'm lazy

* Frost (could replace Ice Wave)

* Gyre (could replace Coil Horizon, because I don't like the physics on it that much)

* Khora (could replace Venari easily, since I almost never cycle that)

* Nova (could replace anti-matter drop or wormhole, depending on what I'm aiming to do)

* Gauss (could replace Mach Rush)

* Mag (could replace Crush, although I like it with the augment, or Pull, depending on what I'm aiming for)

Frames on your list where I've subsumed something

* Baruuk - I replaced Elude with Thanos Strike. Easy armor strip suits my playstyle better, and is really helpful against things like the Corrupted Jackal

* Octavia - while my default build has no subsumed abilities, I have 2 configs with subsumed ablities (both over Amp). One where I subsumed Spellbind (mostly for radiation sorties) and one where I subsumed Ensnare, which I find useful for Disruption

* Wukong - I subsumed Golden Instinct over Iron Staff when it was still awful, and it been so useful that I've never gone back (I do have a config which still has Iron Staff, but never use it)

Oh Tharros strike on baruuk is a great idea. I have minimal duration on him ever since getting him but before styanax the only helminth ability that didnt get gutted by having no duration was empower. I guess I havent checked back through all current helminth abilities since then.

18 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

swapped titania's 3 for energized munitions

swapped rhino's 4 for parasitic armor

can't do any helminth for yareli, everyone knows why

That's an interesting solution to Dex Pixia recharge. I'd kept Lantern for the 3x multiplier augment.
Using Energized Munitions with Razorwing Blitz. Might have to try that out.

• Like 1

Warframes i'll NEVER helminth over their abilities

Nidus
Harrow
Octavia
Gauss
Voruna
Lavos
Grendel
Yareli (until her new augments comes out)
Zephyr

Warframe i'll sometimes helminth and sometimes not

Dagath (her whole kit works but her 4 is SO expensive)
Qorvex (his 2 is questionable)
Xaku (sometimes i just know i'll never use my weapons so i helminth something over 1)
Mag (sometimes i don't feel like using her 1)
Sevagoth (sometimes i'm not feeling his 2 and sometimes i'll use it)

32 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

That's an interesting solution to Dex Pixia recharge. I'd kept Lantern for the 3x multiplier augment.

Using Energized Munitions with Razorwing Blitz. Might have to try that out.

do it. install Seeker onto your dex pixia. armies felled within seconds. 

i found it better to subsume off Lantern since with Razorwing Blitz the DPS spike in conjunction with Energized Munitions more than makes up for the final damage multiplier I would've gotten with Beguiling Lantern... I think.

I mean it definitely feels better but I've not bothered doing any calculations. Vibes-based building. Shooting endlessly just gives me a better dopamine hit. 

Warframes I don't swap abilities for (because their kit works so well with each other):

Citrine

Hydroid

Kullervo

Lavos (just because of his passive)

Nidus

Protea

Qorvex

Sevagoth

Voruna

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Outside of some experimental setups, these also don't really see Helminth use for me.

Others (that I actually played for a decent amount of time) would include ...

• Grendel - nice kit, see no need to replace anything
  • Kullervo - I might try other builds one day, but my current one makes good enough use of all his stuff
  • Lavos - to not interfere with his whole element selection dealio
  • Nezha - just no really useless ability even if regular Chakram throws NEED to take a page from e.g. Cedo's homing
  • Zephyr - similar to your Gauss, just doesn't feel right to remove her 1, the rest is too strong to replace
2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

• Frost - on some builds I replaced his 1, e.g. with Roar for yet more (on the move) Squad support beyond Icy Avalanche
  • Mag - on specialized builds for low / high Duration I replaced her 3 with Airburst / her 4 with Mind Control for the lulz
  • Nidus - heresy here but I just don't like using Parasitic Link so I swapped in Thermal Sunder on a Larva Burst nuke build
  • Wukong - his 4 is meh IMO so e.g. Mind Control (woo Triple Tech) or Dispensary have found their way onto him
  • Baruuk - replaced his 1 with Hideous Resistance to try that out (on a low-Dur-for-Lull-spam build), works alright so far
  • Titania - never much liked her 2 or 3, so Lantern may go poof in favor of e.g. Dispensary for a Sortie Lephantis

Interesting there's a good amount of Protea.
I couldn't find much value in her Dispensary. Maybe I'm missing something. I swapped for Breach Surge.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Voruna - Her 4th build simply can't work if I change anything.

I have a build that doesn't see much use of her 4 so I swapped it for something else.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Nidus - Don't feel like that needs explaining

While his kit is fine, his 4 is not very useful for quicker missions like exterminate or capture so I ended up having a build that replaces it when I want to use him on those missions.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Titania - Just about everything I could want in a kit.

Her 2 is too much of a hassle to use, it's the ability I remove until it gets changed, not a fan of the buffs it provides either and she functions just fine without it.

A frame I haven't changed an ability at all is Lavos

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11

I mean we get configs for a reason. So for all Warframes. I have a load out thats just their default abilities. For most, its actually their main load out. Yeah, many have abilities which aren't the best, or just aren't great, but I usually find a way to enjoy them, regardless. So for me, its actually easier to just name the Warframes I do have Helminth abilities on (well, mind you, I have done a lot of experimenting with other configs, to see what might be interesting, but thats usually more for testing than actually using a lot). 

On Frost I got rid of the Snow Globe for Ice Slide (Lavos ability). I like building Frost for range, so I can armour strip more enemies, and Snow Globes affect on team mates weapons can be annoying if its too large, as far as blocking shots etc. Plus I find if you just kill enemies fast, thats the best defence if you happen to be doing Defence so... having an ice themed mobility ability that you don't actually use energy for... Then on Mesa, I like using Xata's Whisper or Pillage. Everyone else (at least as far as main load out/usage is their standard set. 

4 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Just curious. So many frames have at least one dead skill and in other cases their kit simply works better with another ability.

For myself:

• Voruna - Her 4th build simply can't work if I change anything.
  • Frost - There's options but his augments are strong.
  • Mag - An odd one. Always said her 4th is a great way to die but counter pulse and improved pull helped.
  • Nidus - Don't feel like that needs explaining.
  • Wukong - Survival, Survival and more Survival.
  • Baruuk - If not for Endless Lullaby I'd probably swap to Radial Blind.
  • Titania - Just about everything I could want in a kit.

Xaku and Mag are about the only frames I care about that I have a config w/o a helminth.

As for your list I have some abomination builds that no one will like.

I put Pull over Rhino's 1 because it can group enemies that are cc from stomp. Pull does negate the lifted status so they stand right up if you don't kill. If subsume pull wasn't .5 range of what it is on Mag it would be near perfect since both abilities have the same base range. Any frame can be a cc frame if I get bored enough. 

Ditched Voruna's 4 for pull as well. I build her for stupid high range with a 33m pull. Prime eximus or whatever heavy target with her 2, pull random trash mobs on the eximus and tap the whole pack with gas electric dagger + argonak then pull any stragglers into the lingering clouds and repeat. 

Mag I drop her 3. I never thought I'd do that but once pull got fixed it's too useful to drop. Being able to actually pull enemies into magnetize and not rag doll them through your bubble was a game changer. Anyways, I have a config with Nourish, spectrosiphon, well of life, blood alter and breach surge. Stupid high range, magnetized discharge and fracturing crush on almost everything. 

Frost I have to drop his 2. He can't maintain energy the way I want to play him so lycath and nourish for energy sustain. I had to do a fire and ice caster thing so thermal sunder config as well. That one is kinda fun, prime with epitaph so enemies have cold and heat procs and you can cast heat thermal sunder to group enemies and freeze them to the floor. Also have an ensnare build for grouping on meme pure damage snow globe nuke build. Not nearly as fun or effective since eximus rework.

Oh yeah, Harrow. He doesn't really need a helminth so I have a default config. Have tharos strike build I used for disruption for awhile. A thermal sunder build to mix up fissure monotony with amalgam serration, gas electric epitaph to proc consequence and preados for speed. Ensnare build because it's the other chain ability so it fit his theme. And a Xata whisper for a void priest thing. 

Edited by Berzerkules

There are few frames where I have not replaced anything cause the base kit is already solid  :

Nezha ,

Lavos ,

Zephyr,

Gauss,

Citrine ,

Revenant,

Harrow,

Mag,

Styanax,

Kullervo.

As in I may have experimented , but i settled in the base kit after a few attempts as the better option.

Then there are those that I just don't think work well with any other ability thematically or uniquely enough to warrant it for their existing playstyle, like

Chroma , 

Limbo ,

Yareli ,

Octavia,

Grendel,

Gara,

Wukong

As in I couldn't be bothered to change my playstyle for these frames to accomodate a different ability. Not that they are bad frames.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

While his kit is fine, his 4 is not very useful for quicker missions like exterminate or capture so I ended up having a build that replaces it when I want to use him on those missions.

Her 2 is too much of a hassle to use, it's the ability I remove until it gets changed, not a fan of the buffs it provides either and she functions just fine without it.

A frame I haven't changed an ability at all is Lavos

That makes sense for Nidus. I tend to just use a different frame for zooms.

Titania's 2nd ability was a mess for a long time but now that it's affinity range 2min 50% DR group buff. I'll take it.
I had way too many bad experiences with radial damage on Titania back in the day so 90% DR brought me back to her.

I keep one config for any frame for default skills and then use the extra configs for whatever. Duviri made it a little tricky since I’ve got a Standard Duviri and a SP Duviri config which takes up two configs and may or may not have helminth stuff, with the third being default

most of my frames still run their intended abilities. it's mainly frames like Dagath and Sevagoth, where you have to cast multiple abilities often, that really don't gel with most helminth options, as half their kit is being spammed and the other half is needed occasionally too; there isn't really any room for a subsume IMO.

the subsumes I like most are Gloom (turned Nekros into a tank) and Wrathful Advance on Ash and Atlas. (Ash no longer needs Fatal teleport, Red Crit Landslide Atlas is just too much fun).

Not too many frames escape the chair. These are the frames I play base kit though.

Octavia

Yareli

Kullervo

Voruna (with augment)

Citrine

Nidus

Dagoth and Quorvex I haven't played around with enough to really evaluate.

Everyone else gets *something* from the chair. Even Protea gets airburst, or infested mobility.

7 hours ago, Skoomaseller said:

do it. install Seeker onto your dex pixia. armies felled within seconds. 

i found it better to subsume off Lantern since with Razorwing Blitz the DPS spike in conjunction with Energized Munitions more than makes up for the final damage multiplier I would've gotten with Beguiling Lantern... I think.

I mean it definitely feels better but I've not bothered doing any calculations. Vibes-based building. Shooting endlessly just gives me a better dopamine hit. 

I never thought to use EM for Titania, I use arcane pistoleer for the same purpose but it can be fiddly with infested and murmur so I'm going to have to give it a shot.

Edited by pwnSacrifice
  • Like 1

Not counting frames I don't really play/never play...

I've left:

Harrow, Equinox, Voruna, Xaku, Lavos, Khora, Styanax, Gara, Rhino, Grendel, Sevagoth.

....unhelminth'd. Nidus used to be on this list but I recently subsumed over his four. 

The recurring pattern is that these frames have kits that more or shatter if you break the kit apart. Many of the newer frames are this way. (Sevagoth, Dagath, even Citrine to an extent)

Grendel I have no clue wtf to put on him. Same for Khora.

Edited by Aerikx