Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else tired of the Murmur, the laboratories, Netracells and Deep Archimedea?

I don't know about you but I'm so tired of weird enemies exploding in glitter, a tileset that's just darkness, netracells where simple mission instructions are misunderstood, extending the mission into forever, and deep Archimedea that only promotes garbage tier weapons and frames which make the whole missions an unfun slog rather than fun or challenging. (There's only either you carry everyone or get carried) 

I'm so tired of it. I'm debating if shards are really worth the slog that is all the above. My least liked faction, tileset and missions.. ugh!

I do have excess shards now after using all my bile to play around with different frames and builds so I don't really need more.. only got a rank 2 duplicate but I might just buy the rest in a while.

Anyone else tired of it? What's your experience? Happy with it? 

• Like 5

If you don't like it or are getting burnt out, then yeah, best thing to do is take a break from it. If you're playing for shards but have them in excess, then I don't think there's much reason to force yourself to keep playing them

• Like 7

As a long time vet my advice is to do missions like these only when you actually need the loot or enjoy the content.

I rarely ever do more archon hunts or sorties, i've done plenty and the odds of getting something i actually need are becoming really low.

I personally enjoyed the laboratories a lot, but with deep archimidea coming at a point where most of the tileset is already becoming slightly boring for most people I definitely do not feel any need to do it every week. When I do play deep archimidea i always go for the max, a lot of weaklings think the extra vosphor is not worth the increased difficulty, but for me that is the spice that keeps it interesting.

I have taken breaks with lengths of weeks up to almost a full year from Warframe. Most of the time this means I return with a so much new stuff to explore that I do not "have" to farm new content X for new gear Y.

If you actually feel burnt out, just stop doing them. At some point you will be actually missing the challenge of deep archimidea.

Archon crystals are nice, but min-maxing using them is a tedious process I wouldn't recommend anyone to do for more than 2 or 3 frames they really play a lot. The shards you obtain after that can be used to do some extra min-maxing on new warframes that are released and then either take them out again for the next or keep them on.

TL;DR; take a break from EDA and DA, especially if you got plenty of shards.

• Like 2

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Pakaku:

If you don't like it or are getting burnt out, then yeah, best thing to do is take a break from it. If you're playing for shards but have them in excess, then I don't think there's much reason to force yourself to keep playing them

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Quimoth:

As a long time vet my advice is to do missions like these only when you actually need the loot or enjoy the content.

I rarely ever do more archon hunts or sorties, i've done plenty and the odds of getting something i actually need are becoming really low.

I personally enjoyed the laboratories a lot, but with deep archimidea coming at a point where most of the tileset is already becoming slightly boring for most people I definitely do not feel any need to do it every week. When I do play deep archimidea i always go for the max, a lot of weaklings think the extra vosphor is not worth the increased difficulty, but for me that is the spice that keeps it interesting.

I have taken breaks with lengths of weeks up to almost a full year from Warframe. Most of the time this means I return with a so much new stuff to explore that I do not "have" to farm new content X for new gear Y.

If you actually feel burnt out, just stop doing them. At some point you will be actually missing the challenge of deep archimidea.

Archon crystals are nice, but min-maxing using them is a tedious process I wouldn't recommend anyone to do for more than 2 or 3 frames they really play a lot. The shards you obtain after that can be used to do some extra min-maxing on new warframes that are released and then either take them out again for the next or keep them on.

TL;DR; take a break from EDA and DA, especially if you got plenty of shards.

Then today's been officially my last EDA :) I think it's really time for a break, I started to hate Mondays, not because of real life, but the EDA/Netracells reset.. 

And yeah, I have enough shards over, so there's no need for anything it drops, and prices for duplicate became more reasonable as well. 

Break time! 

41 minutes ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

I don't know about you but I'm so tired of weird enemies exploding in glitter, a tileset that's just darkness, netracells where simple mission instructions are misunderstood, extending the mission into forever, and deep Archimedea that only promotes garbage tier weapons and frames which make the whole missions an unfun slog rather than fun or challenging. (There's only either you carry everyone or get carried) 

This is the problem with a narrow endgame.  This tileset was largely praised when it released (outside of low spawns and vast, empty spaces).  But now, familiarity has worn it out a bit.  I remember a developer interview from Diablo 2 where Blizzard staff were discussing the importance of moving players to visually distinct areas frequently.  I think they recommended a dramatic change of scenery every 15 minutes or so.  DE isn't following that perspective, at least not with this focus on Sanctum Anatomica.  I didn't really watch TennoCon, but the snippets of the Man in the Wall tileset (or whatever it will be called) don't seem to be too much of a visual departure from what we already have in Albrecht's lab.  And if we get more weeklies there...

Incursions are arguably healthier than EDA in the sense that they can pull from a massive pool of tilesets and mission types.  But of course incursions aren't as rewarding as EDA.  Nothing is.  Yet EDA is too narrow, and even if it were to get filled out with more mission types, we'd still be in the same dark labs and sandy rectangles that we have been for months now.  A similar problem plagues the Circuit.

• Like 2

Once i discovered that you cant actually fail alchemy missions, i really got into them and spent time getting the tennokai mods. Its a shame, though, that the fish barks out things like "if the pressure goes too high all your work will be for naught" (ie it will fail) as that isnt true. I think a lot of players regard alchemy as too hard for that reason, or leave quickly as its a bounty - its an interesting and enemy filled game mode that has been poorly sold. 

As to netracells and deep archimedea, they are more painful than they should be. Seeing the top level of todays one being disruption is pretty horrid and made me give it a hard pass. The frames and weapon options were ghastly and that illustrates the issue that some weeks it is massively more difficult than others. The rewards are also very hit and miss.  Some fine tuning would be most welcome, i feel.

• Like 1

You can activate all conditions in EDA except one to get most of the rewards, meaning you can use an exalted weapon warframe and ignore for the most part all the weapons you need to choose.

I have done 99% of all EDA with Dante and the only time i use conventional weapons is when the game forces me to kill enemies to unlock abilities.

21 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

I think a lot of players regard alchemy as too hard for that reason, or leave quickly as its a bounty - its an interesting and enemy filled game mode that has been poorly sold. 

There's no accounting for taste, and people are going to like different things.  But Alchemy has just a metric boatload of clunk in it.  Pick up tiny, shiny globules and chuck them endlessly into a spinning fishbowl while hoping you don't accidentally pick up the wrong color glob when it drops too close to another.  I resent it because the time I'm spending finding the globs, picking them up, moving into position where I have a clear shot at the fishbowl, and then throwing the globs is time where I'm not doing what I want to do in Warframe, which is moving fluidly and engaging with my weapons and abilities.  It's fine to have a little of that here and there, but when it's the centerpiece of an entire game mode, I just don't find myself enjoying it.

This is why I wish DE would give us mobile defense, interception, rescue, and sabotage in the labs tileset.  We need more variety here.  It obviously wouldn't fix how repetitive the visuals are, but it would do something to shake up the gameplay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

shards are really worth the slog

Definitely not, now that armor and EHP are nerfed so severely, no point to double green anymore. Very few builds actually need tau shards to hit their threshholds. Nothing right now makes me ALT+F4 out of this game faster than seeing a melee adapter as my Netracell reward. At least they finally removed those godawful Kahl missions from the grind, giving us the shard from Bird basically for free each week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Pick up tiny, shiny globules and chuck them endlessly into a spinning fishbowl while hoping you don't accidentally pick up the wrong color glob when it drops too close to another. 

Afaik it doesnt matter whether it is right color/element or not. You can throw everything without any repercussions. Also you can use Operator (if there is no Mutator) to grab two instead of 1.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Afaik it doesnt matter whether it is right color/element or not. You can throw everything without any repercussions. Also you can use Operator (if there is no Mutator) to grab two instead of 1.

Correct, but it's still time wasted.  And the operator trick is handy for certain situations, but here I find that it's not going to save much time if any, except maybe between rounds.  Typically, a group should be concentrated around the fishbowl so that you don't have to trudge all over the massive tileset to pitch a water balloon into the bowl.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Typically, a group should be concentrated around the fishbowl

Sadly due to all the stairs and levels AI gets dumb and will not follow even if players are concetrated properly.

• Like 2

The only thing out of these I'm tired of is Netracells. I wish they'd add a Steel Path variant that consumes 3 keys so you only have to do one mission, but you get 3.5-4.5x the rewards.

Doing the same mission 5 times (now 3) in a row every week with absolutely no variation is tiresome. I need at least EDA levels of variance, or I should only have to do it once a week. (And I don't even do these in public, thank God.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Break time! 

Enjoy your break

WF will still be here until you are back, hell I've stopped playing, cuz I am waiting for 1999

47 minutes ago, ominumi said:

Have to wonder how some players are able to do hundreds of tridolon for all those arcanes.

No Job, No Life

and a hek ton of fizzy drinks and snacks, with a toilet as a gaming chair and power naps! /s

• Like 1

Not really and or not yet, but I sympathise, and think its good you are taking a break from it. Good to try avoid burn out. 

For myself. I generally like the tile set, and map design, and atmosphere of the labs. Its a fun type of fantasy and technology mix. I like the Murmur as enemies too. Which is a bit unusual for me, I usually prefer my enemies have identifiable heads, I can shoot, and not many Murmur do... Despite that though, still enjoying it, and the Mercy kills are still pretty fun and satisfying. Oh and I really like the Lohk surges too, can make some builds really silly and fun. 

Netracells I used to find a bit irritating, but now I just solo them whilst listening to a podcast, plus I will only do roughly 2 each week, and I'll be testing out new builds.

EDA, I disagree with the idea its only carry or be carried. I think its more nuance and complicated than that. Like I know some people who think they carry... but stats and gameplay analysis would disagree. I know some people who think they are being carried, but often they can be helpful and beneficial in ways they are too humble or anxious about to realise. I can solo EDA and often do, with mediocre gear, but good synergy with new builds I sometimes make up on the spot to specifically combat that weeks EDA (that can really make weak gear far more effective). Thing is, I often get choices that I consider really really good and strong, and think would be more fun in a group. Like last week I got Citrine (which basically means the team doesn't need to worry about dying, and team should also be getting constant Energy as well, even with the Energy Modifier, plus her status and crit buffs). My Melee was Bo, which is an Incarnon, so even with the Ammo modifier... Uh I can't actually recall my Secondary, but it was decent, and I built it to synergise with my Primary which was the Kuva Tonkor which I used more as a Primer and to inflict statuses (and against weaker enemies). I also played wth a Jade, and two other players. Jade and Citrine synergise really well, but we also communicated all together, bantered, and for one of them, EDA was still a bit new, and they had questions. Was really enjoyable experience. Arguable that. carried? Maybe? The Necramechs in Disruption only died if I was there, but the Jade being there greatly assisted my survivability and let me be more aggressive, and it also helped the other two survive. They also debuffed enemies and helped with ad clear. Didn't really feel like anyone hard carried, felt like good team work. 

That also being said... such experiences are subjective as well. Not everyones week will feel like that, maybe you get matched with 3 people who don't really do anything and only die over and over. So its a mix of perception, and experience, and luck too. So I understand why many dislike EDA or find it frustrating. 

If I didn't enjoy either, I also wouldn't think the shards are worth it. I also have all my Melee Arcanes maxed. as of last EDA (Crescendo was the last), and every other thing from that section of the game. Nothing as far as rewards go is really motivating me, but I still enjoy the tile set, enemies, in general. That being said, I am also glad that Lotus Eaters and two other updates including 1999 are scheduled for this year too. Change of pace, scenery, enemy types. Oh, I should probably mention that Omnia Fissure Alchemy and Survival in the Labs are new favs with Conjunction Survival for running long missions to crack relics. In solo or groups. I wish the Zariman versions were balanced a little better, but in solo, even Steel Path, I often either need to do the mission in time, which is too fast, and or prioritise Reactant. Not all the times, sometimes, sometimes the enemy behaviours are weird, (spread out oddly or not s dense as I would like). 

TL;DR I am enjoying it still. If DE ever makes improvements to the kind of trading we can do, I'd happy trade my extra Duplicates with you too. I have like 6. I forgot about the Desire sensor and foolishly wanted Crescendo so the game, as nature dictates gave me many Duplicate. 

• Like 2

I like it tho some missions take a longer time its still normal you know it+f you play same stuff all the time u get burned you have 7 days to do it u can play other things also. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, (XBOX)K1jker said:

Anyone else tired of it? What's your experience? Happy with it? 

I'm still fine with it. done netracells since WitW launched, done every DA at 37 points since Dante Unbound launched.

it's sounds like you're just burnt out. my way of keeping it varied is by constantly changing equipment outside of DA recommendations. to be fair though the only other stuff I do after that is SP incursions to stockpile essence ready for relic packs and Sevagoth Prime. most of the time I'm not actually on warframe much.

there's nothing wrong with taking a break. the shards aren't going anywhere, you can come back any time. 

• Like 1

37 point EDA runs + three bonus  Netracells is my only weekly visits these days in WF. It's hard to get tired of it that way and when you do like what you are doing. Mix it up with other games when it's going stale, it works for me.

• Like 3

Netracell is a badly designed boring anti-coop mode that contradicts the very game mechanics of spawns. Even doing it just 3x per week is tedious and you have to play solo to do it quicker and have something to play yourself instead of just waiting.

Archimedia is at least more fun cause you have to work around the limitations and its more challenging and making it 3 consecutive stages just like trials were.

And yeah Ive skipped several weeks already cause I got bored of it all and I have too many shards I don't need more of them (and enough resources to swap shards around to any frame if I want)

Edited by Monolake
  • Like 4

Yes, but I still do it so I'll have shards for whenever.  The week before last EDA w mirror, alchemy, and exterm I think? was hardest.  I failed it a bunch w powerless, transference distortion, no gearwheel, and 500% shield gate delay.

I mostly just kept getting wiped in mirror, but the combination of those plus my gear was impossible.  Surprisingly, it was not a liminus run either.

As another member posted, I've actually been having more fun completing the codex.

• Like 1