The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & the Five Fates - Caliban + Nova Rework

[DE]Sam

8 minutes ago, Numerounius said:

By this explanation, Atlas's passive should be entirely changed as well. Period! There should be no ifs or buts about this. You set a precedent with this explanation and Atlas completely falls in line with it, a singular mod should not be able to nullify a passive!

• Atlas has much more than just the knockdown immunity as a passive.
  • And Atlas' knockdown immunity and Nova's passive are literally the opposite. Atlas makes it so there's almost no reason to equip PSF, because he effectively already has it. While the CC from Nova's passive couldn't proc with PSF, and typically PSF is considered to be more worth it.

If you want a change to Altas' passive I'd suggest asking for a grace period of ~1.5 seconds where you are still knockdown immune while airborne. Otherwise, IDK what you're really trying to achieve with your post?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, [DE]Sam said:

Molecular Fission (Augment): 

• Null Star will apply Molecular Prime to enemies struck by its particles.

Uhhh since now htere is 2 version of M Prime in one ability. Which would be reflected by this augment? is it just the default slow? Or it reflects the last used M prime?

• Like 2

Caliban sounds great.  Razor was kinda worthless but depending on how good it is at granting Overshields I may have to start spamming it.  I guess you either Razor for shields or use the summoner drones?  I would like to use the conc most because they also use beam. 

Not a huge Hildy fan but those changes sound great, especially pillage while in the air.   Auto bale-fire,  cheaper/stronger?  Ok cool.  I was just using her 2 and 3 mostly.  

Nova rework I am super pumped for.  I wanted her to be near the top of my Usage board,  but she started feeling really horrible with her shields instantly breaking and and never regenerating,  then I realized her DR wasn't covering her shields!   So I stopped using her.  So that change was awesome just by itself.   But then you let us be both slow and fast?? *crys*  Thats freaking awesome.   The particle stuff I don't know about...You didn't really address needing negative range to prevent DR loss,  You just let us refill the particles easier...   The damage orb is my least used ability,  I don't think what was done will change that...  maybe if it was much larger or grew in size as it moved?  

-------

Pablo please bring this kind of love to Trinity for 1999.  All her durations are just waaaay to short.  

Grendel is almost perfect.   You really need to change what happens to enemies in his belly though.   They die way to fast,  especially while using Pulverize which essentially makes that ability (his true ultimate) completely worthless as it is always at its lowest strength instead of at max.   If you cant fix enemies in his bellies, then please get rid of Pulverize scaling,  Make it always max size/max damage.  

Titania's blessings should have the first 3 abilities fused,  keep slow seperate for tactical reasons.  Let us re-fill razorflys while in pixie mode.  Make blessings and Lantern not require targets to cast on.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NekroArts said:

Oh you'll still use her 4th; those 18 star aren't going to prime 18 different enemies, those 18 stars are going to hit the same 5-6 close enemies assuming you didn't kill them within less than 1 second.

My point still stands. Luckily however, Pablo's twitter post someone linked a few post below yours clarified it was poorly worded so I have no more complains there. The augment will do the old effect+this new effect to help with mobile missions.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, drakefrostex said:

Why does Yareli need a buff?

I meant, other that functional QoL fix

• Allowing her to pick and access stuff (capture, console, key, elevator, etc.)
  • Preventing misdirectional maneuvering, as well as allowing her to dash forward mid-air
  • Removing Merulina Summon prevention by terrain.

She’s fine as it is.

I think this is referring to the fact that we were told we wouldn't get Helminth abilities while on Merulina because it'd be a headache to do... and now we're getting Helminth abilities in Aegis Storm. They're both the respective frame's "vehicle", and felt the same kind of stupid restrictive when it came to not being able to cast Helminth abilities while in them - now one frame (Hildryn) gets the Helminth Fix, but the other (Yareli) doesn't. It does seem a bit odd from that perspective

• Like 4

*sips mug of monkey main tears*

It's not the fact that other frames can animation cancel, or the power of heavy slams that got him nerfed. It's the fact that what he specifically uses to cancel, his 2, makes you invincible and negates engagement with the parkour system. Which in turn leads- sorry, lead to people breaking the buggy map marker and making fissures incredibly annoying.

I won't miss the facetious arguments people used to defend him in slightest. "Outrun him" when he doesn't need to touch the ground, "play a different mission type", which applies to the person saying it, as if they're not going to farm prime parts or need reactant, "I haven't seen many Wukongs", when he's their most used frame and sits at the top of the frame usage statistics. The fact that they would bring him to SC Lith fissures and not wait for new players to gather reactant they scattered in places where it wasn't even marked on the map, and then have the nerve to tell someone 1/5-1/10 their MR to "hurry up".

Lol. Lmao even.

Edit: Get Titania next. I still say swapping Gauss' subsume for something else would work.

Edited by Hyohakusha
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, BongoSkaggs said:

Tiny bit sad to see that nova won't have a neutral speed setting (maybe a future eximus augment idea pretty please?). But I'm so grateful to finally be able to not care about if I'm bringing speed or slow to the wrong mission.

I've had a specific build for neutral nova and have never ever used it (nova is my 2nd most used frame).

I found it's benificial to either speed up enemies (well rarely, but archimedean might be one, or maybe survival) or slow them down (mobile defense, harder survival).

But I never felt the need to cast a neutral 4. It should still be possible, I mean tap is slow with a bit of power strength so you still could go negative. I used power donation + overextended but now the math has changed so we need to change that a bit with shards perhaps.

13 minutes ago, Xsoskeleton said:

Uhhh since now htere is 2 version of M Prime in one ability. Which would be reflected by this augment? is it just the default slow? Or it reflects the last used M prime?

2 minutes ago, Spookmineer said:

I've had a specific build for neutral nova and have never ever used it (nova is my 2nd most used frame).

I found it's benificial to either speed up enemies (well rarely, but archimedean might be one, or maybe survival) or slow them down (mobile defense, harder survival).

But I never felt the need to cast a neutral 4. It should still be possible, I mean tap is slow with a bit of power strength so you still could go negative. I used power donation + overextended but now the math has changed so we need to change that a bit with shards perhaps.

Maybe the second effect on null stars is only going to prime them with the damage vulnerability and not slow/speed

I'm wondering if nova can stack more than 18 particles now. My setup allowed me to have up to 23 particles, and this was a nice buffer. In the twitter video you can see nova replenishing only 18 particles !

I had a real nice setup. Don't destroy it pablo.  I have to remove all five red duration taushards ! That's enough trouble.

• Like 1

I really hope Fusion strike's defence strip field is not truly lost. It's really fun to play around with and far more useful than plain damage -especially on higher levels. Overall great rework, I can't wait to play around with the Tao status <3

• Like 4

The Caliban passive remaining the same is honestly underwhelming in my opinion, I know Pablo said it doesn't need changed "It's already pretty powerful" but that's not the case at all. If you are playing in a way which requires damage reduction then at no point does the passive offer any benefit at all because you will most likely slot adaptation anyway the buff from his passive is extremely mediocre at only 50% reduction which at steel path level is basically nothing so you'll just want the true adaptation anyway. The passive does not stack with the mod so you aren't getting any benefit there either. I really hope they revisit this because as it stand it seems to me like it truly doesn't offer anything to him at all. I mean am i wrong about this? I am disappointed they didn't change it but i hope like i said they see what the rest of us are saying and upgrade it to be on par with adaption. They could just remove it affecting allies because again if an ally has to rely on Calibans passive they were already dead anyway and if they aren't relying on his passive they already have survivability managed by either using adaptation or something else like shield gating.

Also i just read that his 4 perhaps lost the reduction field? Why would you remove that, it was the whole reason to play caliban previously. The field allowed you to play caliban in a that didn't force you to try and damage the enemies with the beam. I mean maybe having the sentients and them chaining the beam to armor strip will make up for it but i doubt it. As it was before you could plop that thing down in a door way or around a defense objective and just strip armor from everything as it approached not only that but you could have multiple fields up at once it was like having a zaku with less duration and more energy cost.

Edited by Mr-Lex
Additional info
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, MoonYuTsu said:

I think this is referring to the fact that we were told we wouldn't get Helminth abilities while on Merulina because it'd be a headache to do

Hmm, if it’s only that much, I agree.
Or limiting it to Abilities not requiring long casting time.

Fusion Strike's beam now applies the Armor Strip, not the radial field.

• Previously, the damage field left behind is what enabled Armor Stripping, which felt awkward if enemies left before it could apply. Now, it applies when the Beam hits an enemy, making it much easier to work with.

As a Caliban main, I beg you: please, please, please reconsider this debuff.

His armour strip field is one of the best parts of his kit and makes such a difference in higher-level content. All the other changes are great, but this was the one part of his kit that did not require changing.

Edited by ThrowawayHelp
Doubled the same content
  • Like 9

Formalizing a new Damage Type and Status Effect: Tau Damage

Being of half-Sentient origin, Caliban brings a new element to the fight. He’ll inflict Tau Damage and Tau Status Effects upon the battlefield with his Abilities. Similarly to Void Damage, Tau Damage is neutral so that no enemy will be resistant to it.

Tau’s Status Effect inflicts Status Chance Vulnerability to enemies affected by it, with a max of 10 Stacks culminating in 100% Status Chance Vulnerability (10% per Stack), with each stack individually lasting 8 seconds! 

This mechanic was originally introduced by Dante and his Pageflight Paragrimms, in which you could apply Status Chance Vulnerability to enemies. This mechanic increases the likelihood an enemy receives a Status Effect when being hit.

With the incoming Caliban rework, his signature Venato should also gain access to new Tau status effect

Now that we have good look into what comes with Caliban's rework, I'm really saddened by not touching his signature Scythe - Venato, as its already pretty forgotten weapon that complitely lacks any uniqueness outside of looks.

Now that the game will gain Tau damage type, Venato too should gain access to it, to make it more unique weapon but also to give us a reason to use it, by allowing other Warframes to proc new Status effect without need of having Caliban in squad or using subsumed Sentient Wrath.

I have few propositions for how it could be added, all can be applied at the same time:

• Every x hit force procs Tau Status Effect, Heavy Attacks have 100% chance of procing it.

• Heavy attack creates wave of Tau energy, low damage wave, guaranteed Tau and Impact proc.

• Slams and Heavy Slams have their damage type set to Tau.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, drakefrostex said:

Why does Yareli need a buff?

I meant, other that functional QoL fix

• Allowing her to pick and access stuff (capture, console, key, elevator, etc.)
  • Preventing misdirectional maneuvering, as well as allowing her to dash forward mid-air
  • Removing Merulina Summon prevention by terrain.

She’s fine as it is.

She can't cast Helminth abilities on Merulina. That's all I ask, she can only use Gloom effectively while on Merulina, which is very limiting.

• Like 2

what's the point of giving caliban so many sources of this tau status that has no benefit to his abilities? why not give some of his abilities a chance to proc statuses that then have their chances upped by this tau status?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

what's the point of giving caliban so many sources of this tau status that has no benefit to his abilities? why not give some of his abilities a chance to proc statuses that then have their chances upped by this tau status?

They benefit his weapons. Abilities can be used to nuke but most aren't. I mean, we all use abilities and weapons. Gundition overload to the max.

Not sure, but you want this to double dip...? The abilities already proc status.

• Like 1

Just now, Spookmineer said:

They benefit his weapons. Abilities can be used to nuke but most aren't.

i dont care for silly arguments like this

what is fusion strike? what are his 2 offensive summons about?

caliban is a caster not a weapons platform, and none of his offensive abilities seem to be benefiting from increased status chance

if you compare to another frame with status chance vulnerability like Dante, he actually benefits from it as he has an exalted weapon that deals pure heat dmg, ideal  for status vulnerability, or Citrine whos actually designed around support and benefiting from others attacking within range of her Prismatic Gem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArCooPrime said:

The biggest problem with caliban's passive wasn't that it can't gather stacks while invuln, it was that it doesn't stack with any other sources of damage reduction.

It doesn't stack with Adaptation, but it does stack with some other sources of DR.   I think all of them, more likely than not, though I haven't tested all of them.

• Like 1

Enemies killed while Slowed have 15% to drop Health orbs. Enemies killed while Sped Up have 15% to drop Energy orbs.

Is this set in stone? It feels like it would be more helpful the other way around. If I'm Slowva-ing I really don't need Healing, but I do still need Energy. If I'm Speedva-ing I can kill just fine, but may take more damage, so would like the Healing, and things like Health Conversion, and Arcane Blessing stacks.

• Like 2