Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anybody else not to interested in the romance feature?

Romance? Nah

This game ain't mature enough for proper romance like you have in Witcher 3 for example. We'll get a hug or a kiss at best as a reward for some strenuous and lengthy quest chain. There won't be any additional follow ups or benefits either, like bringing your romance partner of choice to your Orbiter/Drifter Camp or going on normal missions together.

At best or worst, depending on your point of view, romance will be what unlocks the skins for use in the rest of the game. As in, want Arthur's skin for your own Excalibur? You better max out his affinity by doing 485 quests for him and giving him 593059 of these rare ass resources which will take you a few weeks to farm.

• Like 5

No interest since it will very likely be shallow and not even remotely close to something like that of SWToR etc. A game where it was actually fun to eventually end up with a crew member, or accidently completely #*!% up their opinions about you due to you being too brutal or too goody-goody and so on. The last drop for Mako when I played my Merc Bounty Hunter was when I brutally beat up a nobleman on Corelia iirc in order to get information.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, (NSW)XXxzadrixXX said:

I may get flack for this but whatever.

I don't know? I feel like they could have made something different or without even, then what amounts to a dating sim?

Thank god it's optional.

Nah I agree with you, i'm glad it's optional so people who want it can do it and others who don't can ignore it. My biggest fear is 1999 being another content island as usual

• Like 3

2 hours ago, (NSW)XXxzadrixXX said:

Thank god it's optional.

That's great news, I didn't know it was optional. Thank you for that.

Yea, I'm on the same page. Like I said on another post I'm not sure how this, out of all the features Warframe can benefit from, this was the one they decided to go with. I don't have an issue with romance in games, I just think we could have gotten more desirable features or game modes.

It seems like a social feature more so than a romance feature. I don't see Warframe going full blown romance, and being as though it's optional I don't see how it can be important.

A more interesting feature would be to develop "alliances" with other players and aid them in their Warframe journey by providing them with things like some of our weapons, our railjack... as part of a rank up system. But in a way that doesnt cripple new players need for progression or item acquisition. The recruit chat has a lot of "I need help with my lich" or "need help with SP" posts.

I read a cool idea a while back for a rank up system with "the other 3 syndicates", where you had to sneak in as a double agent and steal standing.

I'm waiting for Stalker mode to drop (optional opt in/out, for those who don't like pvp). I heard Stalker mode is finished and ready to drop but they're worried about lore conflict... which doesnt make sense because the Stalker is still coming after me. A Stalker and Acolytes mode, with a rank up/unlock system for them would be really nice. Stalker mode doesn't even need to be all PvP. Instead of extractors, we can deploy our specters on planets to farm, and part of Stalker mode features us fighting other players specters... though I can see specters getting thrashed in those modes.

I'm waiting for Veso mode from the New War to drop, like the Kahl missions.

Years ago in a Dev stream, Steve shared a boss fight vision he had where the fight starts on the ground, takes off into outer space and continues there, then it crash-lands back down on the ground for the finale. Thats an assassination mission rework im still looking forward to. 

Anyway, Warframe can have so many great features and game modes. For now... we have romance. All good though, Warframe is still top tier.

• Like 1

Personally I am looking forward to see how it will turn out and I think a lot of people are overreacting a bit especially considering they said the feature is entirely optional and won't affect gameplay. But hey why not? I think our drifter deserves something fun to do for basically being in war and fighting 24/7. It kinda feels like an optional chance for your character to feel human in a way they normally haven't been able to. I am curious to see if it will just end with a kiss and the relationship is over from there or if it will add additional interactions with those specific characters especially since 1999 is a world we can keep going back to. I honestly think it depends on how people react to the romance system and how many people enjoy doing it, in which they might expand upon it more. Like why not? It's fun, and optional. Though I do hope there is maybe a secret drifter appearance rework to go on par with how the protoframes look, I am fairly content with how I made mine but it does not match the style of the protoframes and the protoframes are really cool looking compared to the drifters.

another thing to consider is that they hired someone specifically to write the romance, specifically by a romance author (who also works in game design) that Rebecca likes, so assumingly the romance should be pretty solid.

Edited by Unearthlysoap
  • Like 1

I just find it funny seeing the major split with the playerbase on it where you either have players like me who are pretty much apathetic to the idea of a romance system or players who are almost too excited for it.

I'll probably take the option just out of curiosity, but I don't plan on putting too much thought into it.

Edited by Raarsi

I never genuinely care about the necessarily reductive romances as presented to me in a video game.

The writers could instead simply have a character say "insert additional motivations and vulnerabilities" and it would mean the same to me, and would probably do less towards exposing them as hacks then when they earnestly try to foist simplistic dialogues upon me to create narratives that at best I'll only ever view as some kind of a grotesque buffalo-bill suit artlessly stretched around game mechanics and format limitations.

That said, it will probably end up being pretty funny to me, so I don't actually hate such attempts. Try whatever, imo. As long as I can still toss a throwing star at somebody's face eventually, I'm good as far as this game is concerned, and somebody else might really love the content. 

• Like 1

My only concern is the story aspect of it. Though the bar for "romance options" in video games is incredibly low as is so I doubt it'll be capable of being disappointing story wise.

There's always going to be someone for something, so as you can see you're not alone.

Personally looking forward to it, I like romance it can be pretty sweet and lovely when a game has it, just hope they do it properly.