Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Time #126: Vandal Reaction Poll

[DE]Rebecca

Reaction Poll  

5,131 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

I've got Excalibur Prime and I've said to lots of players I'd be happy for @[DE]Steve to re-release him for everyone as long as the founders got an extra variant or a exclusive skin only for the founders ... In a sense DE already did this without intention as far as the Warframe skin goes @[DE]Steve do you remember this? (see image)
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1T_4Hoz_CkA/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

If all the founders had access to this as a skin and non-founders didn't get the 'Alabaster' Skin that would still show where the original founder Excalibur Primes. ... heck why not go even more technical if it has something to do with legal contracts etc just give it a differen't name 'kappa face' Call it something like ProtoPrime and Release Him with the same stats as Excalibur Prime with just a different name and give all Founder Excaliburs the Alabaster to stand out as far as fashion frame goes :D

Yeah ..the alabaster Skin is a ugly Skin without Gold peaces.. it is not even a real Skin..

That is not worthy to be an additional reward

Edited by WaRsHooTer666

Return them; yes.

Why? Because everything that was not a Founder exclusive should always have a chance to come back. Event-exclusive mods came back. Event-exclusive weapons came back. Basically all kinds of "timed exclusivity" that required no monetary effort is bad. However, I also understand the underlying issue between different weapons and mastery rank, but I don't think we are in a position to "revert" these weapons to skins. The tears would be outrageous.

And before anyone dares raising the flag for "Excalibur Prime for everyone", I say no, because:

The discussion is age old; Founders stuff shall not and must not be available for anyone else to obtain. Discussion over. Think of Excalibur prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime as some sort of "Royal guard". They may not have been been the best fighters but they had their status for whatever it was worth. That means only a limited number of them existed in the Warframe Universe. Yes, that means I will never get them. Yes, I'm fully okay with that.

41 minutes ago, Wevi said:

Now that the safest thing that I though would stay exclusive for people who did closed beta is now being tossed out the window, will these make a return?
TI2rtis.jpgyRfm0Ks.jpg

Yeah man I didn't even know these were a thing until a month ago it wasn't anywhere that I saw on the forums or the general places I'd hope to see that sorta stuff online o_O I missed out too.

On 15.07.2016 at 10:55 AM, Jaysus41 said:

I've waited a long time for this day.

As someone who is opposed to permanent weapon/frame exclusivity, I say YES to releasing Braton/Lato Vandal to the masses. I'm very disappointed in these "special snowflakes" who oppose their release in the name of greed and sentimentality. Release the Braton/Lato Vandal and give the CBT people a badge, a nice one.

Now, about the Founders stuff, maybe we can talk about releasing that too someday? And before you flame me, check my forum badge.

Its not about greed, its about promise. They've promised us that these weapons will be never brought back, and looks like they've lied to us. Sure, permanent exclusivity is bad, but if you promised such exclusivity to players that were in CB, you should keep your word. If they were not in legal agreement with founders, they would propably re-release all your stuff again for the same reason and while Im not founder (I had the chance and Im still salty about it as hell) I think that founders should keep their stuff because of the same thing, promise.

And this poll that they've did is just a salt in the wounds, not only will they bring back stuff that was supposed to never come back, they also point out to us that we are irrelevant anymore. Poll should be limited to CBT players and Founders, players that have exclusive stuff

Edited by markus230

As someone that was given a closed beta key in late 2012, the Lato Vandal is one small piece of gear that signifies I was there that early.  The Snipetron Vandal used to be coveted, and also something that indicated who the veterans that participated in that event were.  It was probably the only thing I felt should remain exclusive, as it was taken out due to it being a Corpus weapon that used a bullet(hitscan), instead of energy, it wasn't canon.  The closed beta OG's have nothing else to represent that we were here aside from the vandal weapons.  But, like a tattoo, you should get it for yourself, not to wave it at others.  Those of us that were here know who we are, and rarely use the Lato/Braton Vandals anyway.  As they aren't particularly useful, I'd like them to stay exclusive, unless something else were given to closed beta participants, like a sigil or maybe syandana.  Then, I feel everyone should be given the opportunity to own the weapons (and later shelve them as most of us have). 

7 minutes ago, markus230 said:

Its not about greed, its about promise. They've promised us that these weapons will be never brought back, and looks like they've lied to us. Sure, permanent exclusivity is bad, but if you promised such exclusivity to players that were in CB, you should keep your word. If they were not in legal agreement with founders, they would propably re-release all your stuff again for the same reason and while Im not founder (I had the chance and Im still salty about it as hell) I think that founders should keep their stuff because of the same thing, promise.

The vote is rigged lol when people like me that dont even own them get to have a vote / "a say" in it, folks that were there like you dont even get  the chance to have a say since the very big majority will simply vote yes to get them lol

1 hour ago, clemza said:

As closed beta tester the only thing we got was a lato vandal ... So if you do that at least can you give us a sigil or an emblem.

For the braton vandal its different, it was available during the open beta, i am fine for the braton vandal but not for the lato vandal.

Plus this poll is totally rigged, its like doing one with "do you want us to return exca prime and his weapons" of course most of the people will say yes ...

the problem with some I reckon is that sigils/emblems have no value to some people, I'm 1 of them, only sigils I use are that of syndicates since I'm forced to use them to get standing, rather gets a skin of some sort.

On 15.07.2016 at 11:15 AM, xxfiurionxx said:

The vote is rigged lol when people like me that dont even own them get to have a vote / "a say" in it, folks that were there like you dont even get  the chance to have a say since the very big majority will simply vote yes to get them lol

Thank you for your such objectivity. I'd definetly vote yes if poll was limited to CBT and Founders as we are the only groups that were promissed permanent exclusivity.

But DE instead of asking us if we want to give away our toys, asks other people if they should take away our stuff. And thats why I voted no. DE promissed CBT players exclusivity and should talk to CBT players about it, not ask other people if they should break that promise.

3 minutes ago, markus230 said:

Thank you for your such objectivity. I'd definetly vote yes if poll was limited to CBT and Founders as we are the only groups that were promissed permanent exclusivity.

But DE instead of asking us if we want to give away our toys, asks other people if they should take away our stuff. And thats why I voted no. DE promissed CBT players exclusivity and should talk to CBT players about it, not ask other people if they should break that promise.

That's true and I've said in this thread and others that I'm happy to share as long as us founders are given something to make us stand out from the rest just something cosmetic I don't care about extra stats or buffs or discounts I don't want to stand next to another excalibur prime and hear false claims how he's a founder or something. So perhaps extra prime pieces or something on the founder excalibur primes or a exclusive armour set a skin who knows that way everyone wins :)

I'm neutral about the return of these items. It would be nice for completion sake, but they certainly won't be missed unless they get a highly unlikely, god-tier buff or something. 

Honestly, I'd be happier with a Prisma Miter (or Wraith) and Fluctus Wraith.

Obviously everyone who doesn't have one is gonna vote yes.

While there is no promise by DE to keep them exclusive (unlike Founders pack) having them return would certainly lose the thing that made them special.

But hey, I understand, not having access to items with stats can be considered pay to win.

So, can original owners at least have SOMETHING else instead? A syandana? A weapon skin? A sigil? A profile mark?

Edited by Shifted

I would like to see also the lato prime obtainable. 2 options have for this if they compensate the founders with something which makes their money worth or they reopen the old founder packs with the same condition what the founders did and then maybe who missed those stuffs can pay for it and that doesn't hurt in existence the founders.

Also many weapons needs buffs and balances for the next damage update. I would like to use my good old friend dual ether in high missions without doubt that can kill enemies effectively.

On 15.07.2016 at 11:42 AM, Shifted said:

Obviously everyone who doesn't have one is gonna vote yes.

While there is no promise by DE to keep them exclusive (unlike Founders pack) having them return would certainly lose the thing that made them special.

Actually, Rebecca promised that Lato and Braton Vandal will never come back

4 minutes ago, markus230 said:

Actually, Rebecca promised that Lato and Braton Vandal will never come back

Well since this thread exists that just went out of the window.

Just so we're clear, I own these weapons and I voted no, however like I said in my original post I understand the reasons to bring them back.

I just always considered them to be a "I was there!" badge, and it does feel good when people in missions go "Wow, is that a braton vandal?!".
If I can't have them because stats, I'd just like something else I can show off.

Edited by Shifted

This is like asking 2 kids if they want to share toys, the older one will yell, it's mine! I don't want to share, and the younger one will be gimme gimme! I want that toy!
This is a lot of what i seen here, and usually the parents will either make them play together then after a while its all good, or buy the same toy for the younger one.
If those older kids can't really stand to have the same toy as the younger ones, give them a sigil or skin that is unique anyway, so that they can show their ''status'' of being older players... This way it won't stop prgression for the other players and everyone can have toys to play..

Braton Vandal and Lato Vandal being brought back eh....

Should probably throw in an Aklato Vandal Blueprint (2 Lato Vandals to craft, up to them if they'd opt to get it) to appease the Cthulhu-level players. 

"Oh you were here when they gave out the Lato Vandal? You're old :D"

"Oh you're still here? Here you can craft the Aklato Vandal instead, since you stayed with us etc"

So items that were "exclusive" gifts for closed beta players are now on the table to be offered up again? I guess that is just another kick in the face for long time supporters much as you did with the founders memorial in the relays. The only reason I can truly see why you want to re-release these is to get people to spend $$$ anymore.

If these will be released again I would simply stop spending money, because if these two are made available for anyone besides CBT players then devs are lying dirtbags who cannot be trusted. Oh and by the way, space mom, thanks for this giant middle finger right in my face. 

DEATH TO Lotus!!! 

Not this again.

Founder stuff = Never re-open again

Vandal stuff = Braton Vandal? If you make old Braton Vandal be slightly superior (no need to stat change) than *New* Braton Vandal... I'm ok

Lato Vandal should never be given away AGAIN. It was a gift for CBT players who played your games 3 years ago. NO.

Speaking of Braton Vandal.... can we get better sound effect for it (like old version of sfx) ? Now It sounds like Nerf Gun.

Edited by Coverop