Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

There are some frames currently that have extremely odd and interesting means of movement.  But if we are traverseing a large landascape in a exceptionaly high speed how will that affect loading times?

Nezha has insane levels of speed unmatched by anything else minus maybe archwing turbo mode just from a very small tap of a button

Ivaras 2 ability also means a single tiny projectile can be used to traverse exceptional distances in a EXTREMELY SHORT periods of time, 3 seconds and you can easily traverse well beyond your warframes location.

Volt and Titania for the moment do not feel like they could traverse the extreme distances above. But also how will this affect Archwing boosting, Are enemies going to disappear if we go far enough away? Will they reset health or positions if we move far enough meaning coordinated guerrilla tactics causes enemies to reset unless we have a person scouting it out?

Don't forget Zephyr. I feel like she's going to be amazing in this open world environment. 

In addition to that, I agree with Titania, not so much with Volt. Nezha can keep up higher sustained speed, but Volt can be much faster. Then again Nezha has teleportation, etc.

As you said, isn't Archwing going to be one of the fastest mode of transport already?
They used it as the main option to move around the map so you'd think that the loading time is all thought up to this point and even for abilities that are even slightly slower/equal to the Archwing.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

From what I saw it looked like it was all just pre-rendered world space like any mmo and would probably be hosted on a server like the relays so that the enviornment persists when things aren't being rendered so I doubt moving "too" fast would ever be an issue if you ever had issues with rendering things it would be something for you to fix in your settings like lowering your rendering distance so you don't load and unload half the map every 3 seconds because you like playing with your glaive with Ivara.

15 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

From what I saw it looked like it was all just pre-rendered world space like any mmo and would probably be hosted on a server like the relays so that the enviornment persists when things aren't being rendered so I doubt moving "too" fast would ever be an issue if you ever had issues with rendering things it would be something for you to fix in your settings like lowering your rendering distance so you don't load and unload half the map every 3 seconds because you like playing with your glaive with Ivara.

Oh hey, so no more Host connection problems? That alone will make everything better.

28 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

13 minutes ago, FuriousOni said:

Oh hey, so no more Host connection problems? That alone will make everything better.

The relay idea is going to be since we can go solo but the seamless transition?
And i already thoght about pre-rendered places but really thats all being loaded at once? that would make any computer die

"Open world" is just the new-but-not-actually-new thing that everyone feels like they have to shove into games because gamers right now place a stupid amount of weight on it, no matter how many games it's pointlessly shoehorned into.

Here's hoping DE can be one of the very few that manages to justify its inclusion, or it'll just end up half-baked like every-other idea we have in the game right now. 

On 7/9/2017 at 1:20 AM, NovusNova said:

I would see how the one they are wanting to add on Earth (I believe they said it was on Earth?) works before expanding it.

Would be cool to see open world area's themed on each planet's tileset but one step at a time.

that would be really good ..

One thing I'm concerned about though is the Operator armor. If I'm just gonna be wearing my armor 24/7 now, what did I spend $50 (American) to get a prime operator suit? is my investment just gonna be wasted? Will this suit get it's own special properties? Will I get any sort of compensation if it does just end up being completely useless?

10 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

but also Snipers; finally, we can go on a  PROPERLY long range map, and pick off our enemies from incredible distances!

this, the first time i saw how the map was i thought. "yeah! now i can finally snipe enemies from miles away"

6 hours ago, Jeoxz said:

PSA if you are worried about this killing your PC Steve said it was 3 square km, that's about a fifth of Skyrim's surface map. 

3 square kilometers is 1,5 km in each direction. It's not actually that big. The Witcher 3 (and I beat it on my PC, that's why I'm bringing it up) lets you see about 5km in the distance and it still works. Unlimited view distance is not that heavy, thanks to tessellation. 

It seems the problems with Earth remastered is the PBR textures, that aren't affected by texture quality settings. I have my textures set to low, and I was shocked to see all the little details on Earth's textures, very detailed reflections and shines. 

Guys, don't worry - Warframe cannot afford to lose the Chinese market. The people playing on Windows XP (meaning dx9 32bit). The game HAS TO be able to run on a system like that.

Also, Skyforge is a game that runs in dx9 32bit and has 6-7 sq km zones, it has unlimited view distance and runs great on my pathetic machine. It's a different engine, I know, but my point is calm down.

Edited by QuietBiro

First of, I think open world COULD be a really good addition to the game, but it will need some tweaks to perform really well. And it will need a ton of playtesting before release, just like everything else in warframe should get.

The first problem I see with open world, isn't as much to concept of open world, but the abilities of different warframes. Keeping in mind how every single low level mission is played (levels up to around 30-40), going in a public matchmaking, you'll see a vast majority of WoF Embers, Maim Equinox, Soundquake Banshee and Spore spamming Saryn, unless the levels of open world is going to be above 70, I am confident in saying it will still just be those frames that dominate the open world map. The same players are often the players more concerned about getting most kills and at the same time making sure their "team" don't get any kills, somewhere along the lines it seems a lot of players have forgotten about PvE being a team game and see it as a competition to prove themselves superior, with lack of any actual skills. In a similar line, the ability to fly around with your Elytron and send a nuke down at someone who's trying to farm for resources and just troll him or her for every kill. I don't think DE have taken in to account or realized the level of troll their setup allows. And yes, the community is that trolly, anyone who have a different opinion on that, clearly plays strictly on solo matchmaking.

The next problem I see, is a problem DE seem to haven't learned anything from, in fact making it a bigger and bigger problem instead. The grind. Take Hema, the amount of Kuva needed for rivens, the relic system as an example of the grind. The new crafting of weapons and going and farming to build the weapons you want, what's to stop DE from making it another unreasonable grind for resources? And the very same weapons, they don't seem to be well balanced, simply down to the fact, there will be one combination that's better than every other combination available because of how the weapons in warframe is balanced, the stances available and the stats of different parts. DE have stated they want to let us play the way we want, yet we're bound to certain weapons and frames, because of their stats and effectiveness.

Any kind of public events on the open world maps also need to have some kind "protection" of against a Main Equinox with 2 million or 10 million stored damage just jumping in making it a 1 second event or a Sonar Banshee with Opticor doing the same thing. Complete immunity against damage from abilities would be one solution, I'm open to better suggestions, but that's the only one I can think of, that will ensure the community have to work together instead of thinking of it as another competition.

DE please do think about your approach to this open world and please do think of ways of making it more about teamwork and less about competition, It will just be a disappointing place to be if it turns out as the invations, fissures and alerts.

Edited by (PS4)NicolaiBM
PS4 control problems

31 minutes ago, markus230 said:

Steve confirmed that the map is going to be 3x3km so 9 square kilometers, not 3km2

Is this big like skyrim or not,or like half of skyrim map???

Edited by Vlada91

Op abilities work as good as they do because Warframes Maps are narrow, small hallways/Rooms. In the vast Openness of the Plains of Eidolon landscape, from what we've seen, i don't think those will be as good as they are in small and narrow tilesets and that people will go more for ranged abilities like Exalted Blade, Shuriken, etc.

Also, the World only seems to be low-mid level during the day, but at night there will be veteran-level enemies, and huge sentient Bossfights (hopefully Worldbosses where all 50 players have to fight together)

Edited by Extroah

3 minutes ago, Extroah said:

(hopefully Worldmaps where all 50 players have to fight together)

Sadly no, Landscape is for max 4 players (for now). Cetus as relay is for 50

Edited by Myscho

3 hours ago, BadgerBoy297 said:

One thing I'm concerned about though is the Operator armor. If I'm just gonna be wearing my armor 24/7 now, what did I spend $50 (American) to get a prime operator suit? is my investment just gonna be wasted? Will this suit get it's own special properties? Will I get any sort of compensation if it does just end up being completely useless?

Yeah, hoping Saita Prime stays relevant, both in terms of fashion AND function.

I bought it seeing that Operators were going to be the next step in game evolution, and it was the best cosmetic option by far IMHO when others poo-poo'd it.

Will it be like Immortal skins under Prime Armor? Who knows?

Hopefully DE has an answer.

3 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Sadly no, Landscape is for max 4 players (for now). Cetus as relay is for 50

Well, that's quite a let down. i knew that 50 players were able to get to Cetus, but the Landscape limit is.. quite sad. I hope they keep tweaking it and just make it open for all 50.

DE experiment: Enabling groups of 8 for Plains and other large regions.

Spoiler

DE could expand possibilities for the Plains by enabling Trial/Raid-size squads (of 8 - also the max size of Conclave battles at the moment) so you could have, say, 1/4 of the squad fishing, 1/4 grabbing and marking resources, 1/4 killing Grineer, and the last pair swapping through the previous pairs.

In theory.
DE experiment: Greater Team Annihilation (8v8).

Spoiler

DE could experiment with bigger groups by making a few Grineer/Corpus vehicles we could hijack and drive for Conclave (at first) and develop a 'big team battle' gametype where two teams of 8 battle eachother on large, specifically-attuned tilesets, with support from Grineer/Corpus.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
DLC1: Science.

8 minutes ago, Extroah said:

Op abilities work as good as they do because Warframes Maps are narrow, small hallways/Rooms. In the vast Openness of the Plains of Eidolon landscape, from what we've seen, i don't think those will be as good as they are in small and narrow tilesets and that people will go more for ranged abilities like Exalted Blade, Shuriken, etc.

Also, the World only seems to be low-mid level during the day, but at night there will be veteran-level enemies, and huge sentient Bossfights (hopefully Worldbosses where all 50 players have to fight together)

WoF Ember and Main Equinox have a great range on their abilities and will still be able to be a huge problem for players looking just to play around with guns and explore, They will still be able to make it extremely trivial and will still be able to make it really boring for their team. And that range you're talking about, the movement speed of warframes mean you can close that gab really quickly and destroy those 5-10 enemies and the guy getting trolled have nothing really to be able to do.