Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

This is perfect! I always imagined having to wait hours until the desired cycle would appear.

I guess being able to choose what time PoE would be could be too powerful for us players. People could spam day of night mode.

But two hours is a good wait, and I'm happy they changed it.

this is good, 4 hours would be an absurd length to have to wait for a day/night shift, especially if you want that new achievement for surviving the night, i wonder if it'll require you to be out on the plains from nightfall to sunrise to get it, or do you just have to be out on the plains when night ends?

although  i'd personally like it to be slightly off, by, say, 10 minutes, so that its not always the same  at the same time of the day irl

I'm looking for opinions here. Feel free to talk in veteran jargon because I'm fairly meta in-game. 

So considering that we'll be experiencing:

1. Ranged warfare

2. Archwing combat (we'll get to use our regular weapons, but not archwing weapons, while in archwing mode)

3. Elite Grineer commandos carrying advanced weaponary

4. Terralysts

5. Aerial bombardment from Grineer Dargyns

6. Animal hunting (birds, etc)

etc

Right now I'm battling between using a Mesa devastator equipped with both long-range and short-range weapons, or a more stealthy frame like Loki. Do you think that nukor warframes will have a place in the Plains? 

I'd like to hear some opinions. 

The best frame is whatever your preference is. The plains isn't meant to fit the traditional mould of having you nuke through a level and reach the end in the shortest time. It's meant for you to do your own thing, in a totally new space.

That being said, its obviously banhsee ;)

14 minutes ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

This question will always be a matter of personal preference, no matter who you ask. I always say banshee is best for anything cause she's great for everything :wink:

6 minutes ago, maj.death said:

Banshee Prime with I don't even know what weapons. Might be feeling like the Dex trio.

Always upvote recommending banshee! Banshee is bestframe.

1 hour ago, DarkDullahan-Prime said:

This question will always be a matter of personal preference, no matter who you ask. I always say banshee is best for anything cause she's great for everything :wink:

Why Banshee though? Her sonar range is limited, and she's very squishy + her RQ, even with a max range build, won't be able to nuke long-range enemies. Do you have a special build for her?

If I had to guess, I'd say Inaros with the Hema, Cycon and Hirudo, should bring a Helios for scanning too. With the plains you're going to be out on long operations so you'll want durability and longevity. Inaros is obvious, he has a massive health pool and can heal himself. The Hema will capitalize on this with decent stats, a large ammo pool and the ability to heal as well, alternatively I could reccomend the Lenz, with its innate ammo mutation but it runs the risk of killing yourself and that causes issues. The Cycron is good as a last resort, should you run out of ammo as the Cycron literally cannot, meaning you have a gun when you need it. The Hirudo also let's you heal yourself, useful. Helios is a temporary choice, with all the new things coming there will be a ton to scan, as such, you'll want to use that, the Heliocor could help with this too, alternatively you could go with a glaive weapon or a gunblade once scanning is done so that you have a hard hitting ranged attack to compliment the Cycron. Once scanning is done though I would reccomend a Kubrow or Kavat, as you'll have a powerful ally (relatively) who won't be worn down eventually so long as you have the mod that let's you heal them with melee, and even if they do go down, you get to revive them, if you don't want to give up vacuum though, I'd say Carrier, so that you don't run out of ammo, and you can put Medi-Ray on it as well to supplement some healing.

As a last note, Inaros could be replaced with Nidus, Harrow, Oberon or Trinity. The issue with Nidus is needing to take a break potentially so that you can heal, but you do build stacks which will be beneficial out on the Plains as you'll only grow stronger the longer you're out there, which may save you when night comes. Harrow, Trinity and Oberon have their own issues, but a reliable, if potentially costly, way of healing themselves, thus making them useful. I suppose Nezha falls into this category with his second ability as well, but his is far too unreliable. All other frames could be worn down eventually from slash procs and such so I wouldn't take them without a backup method of healing yourself.

Guy's guys did you all see on primetime when Rebb say that is going to be a surprise when update is coming so there is no teaser for that. Because is going 2 be like secret and if it coms today or in a next day we all going to bee surprise,that's for shore... 🤔😁👌

8 hours ago, Twilight053 said:

Warframe comic about ostrons and eidolon comes out at Oct 4. My money's on OCt 4.

Yeah,and the contest ends the day after. The reward for the winner is several items that are being released with PoE,so they have to release it shortly before or after the contest ends.

Edited by DSkycroft

This is a very tough decision but...Inaros since I don't know how far I'll go on the first day and as DE said the further from the entrance you go the stronger the enemies, tigris p/lanka/vectis p (none rivened yet and depending on what I'm in the mood for), lex p/vaykor marelok (neither rivened), my trusty speed/crit build galatine p (not rivened) and finally elytron just for the sheer offensive capability