The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

38 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

At this point who knows. Archwing will be optional in this new addition to Warframe and the Plains of Eidolon.
I don't know if it will require any prereqs to be filled or not, but I would assume not. As long as you have finished the main 'Archwing' Quest.

It might not even require any quest at all much like how in WoW where you can basically traverse the open world without a mount. So if you do not have an archwing then u walk. 

TL;DR

My suggestions for levels.

Day-time: 30 - 60 level, based on distance from major Grineer activity.

Night time: 100+

=====

My rule of thumb for Enemy Level vs Player "gear" is to look at Mod Energy used, at 1:1 ratio, averaged across all your Gear/Companion. If you can "usefully" fill 30 Mod energy in your Warframe and all 3 weapons, you should be okay to fight level 30 enemies.

Using that as a base I feel Warframe scaling tends be its "best" between enemy level 40 and 60. Which matches up with the way enemies currently scale. Go much beyond that an enemy armor/health and damage start to scale past what a "typical" player is going to do. Getting to 40 or 60 Mod energy used either requires Cat/Reactors in everything OR target use of Forma.

Now there is something DE hasn't really done yet. Which is to use Mixed Levels of enemies deliberately. Having a level 60 Eximus, nine level 40 guards, and continually re-spawning fodder at level 30 or lower. 

If Plains of Eidolon will require The War Within to be completed then having an "average" enemy level of about 40 for the region would be about right to me. Especially if the level ranges run anywhere from 30 to 60. Putting a handful of much higher level enemies in the middle of "zones". Newer players who haven't yet stuffed their Warframes with Cat/Reactors and Forma will be able to nibble out the outskirts of Grineer encampment and could try poking deeper.

Night Mode is where we should see enemies geared toward functionally 120 Mod Energy (Cat/Reactor, all Forma'ed, and Rivened) players. Which given my rought rule of thumb says should start around level 100 enemies.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

DE plans to release PoE and the end of summer on PC, which would be late August to early September.  After that DE needs time for bug fixes, so I wouldn't expect it to arrive on consoles until late October to early November.  When we get PoE, at that point PC should get The Sacrifice in November.  The time crunch would be severe, but there's a chance we'll see The Sacrifice on consoles at Christmas.  But I wouldn't hold my breath.

This would be the ideal scenario given how big PoE is supposed to be so I'd imagine there would be a bunch of bugs to fix. I think both this year is realistic. 

3 hours ago, Delamir said:

I'm pretty sure that update will come out before the release of Destiny 2 for them not to lose half the player base. 

I'd hate for them to rush it though, what we have seen so far is wonderful and if it needs time to be polished, let's not risk ruining it by rushing DE to put it out before it's truly ready. that said, it won't be perfect even when it does release, so be prepared for plenty of map bugs. as for consoles getting Plains of Eidolon, I'm not holding my breath, maybe we could get it by September, assuming DE port quickly and Cert goes well. at the moment though, it's too soon to tell.

I know that night time is supposed to be challenging. But lots of players, me included, want to have a challenge while getting those parts for those custom melee weapons. So please put some type of enemy level scaling in Plains of Eidolon, or at least an enemy level slider.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Most likely quest locked as well probably TWW as well.

Steve said its early access to it like few missions into earth so new players got access to it. So can't be locked behind any quest as  few missions in on earth you have no access to them.

Yeah, I remember Steve sat down with Angry Joe and they were discussing enemy scaling. Steve made it seem like day time is for new players and nighttime is when the high level content would be made available. Through Steve's tweets one can find that, at the start, the it takes 4 in game hours to transition from day to night. I would rather areas closest to the main town of Cetus be new player friendly, but areas further along the map's borders would have level 80 or 90 enemies.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Yeah, I remember Steve sat down with Angry Joe and they were discussing enemy scaling. Steve made it seem like day time is for new players and nighttime is when the high level content would be made available. Through Steve's tweets one can find that, at the start, the it takes 4 in game hours to transition from day to night. I would rather areas closest to the main town of Cetus be new player friendly, but areas further along the map's borders would have level 80 or 90 enemies.

Only issue with that is that depending on your level, you might not be able to play what you want to when you log in if the in game time isn't right.

1 minute ago, _Vortus_ said:

Only issue with that is that depending on your level, you might not be able to play what you want to when you log in if the in game time isn't right.

Was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the Angry Joe video. "What if it's daytime in game when I get off work?" That's why I rather content be more difficult in certain areas.

Archwing powers in POE will be very OP in my opinion. But the alternative would be to have warframe power in archwing mod which will be just game breaking in my opinion. Imagine a flying exalted blade. 

Will be interesting to see how it turns out. 

Also with archwing on land mode the launcher type weapons may become more useful now like Zarr, Tonkor, Penta. 

I wonder if we will be able to stay in the PoE area even after leaving the game. I mean, i just logged in and i'm not on my ship, im just waiting to show up in the PoE area, what do you guys think? (Actually id rather live on PoE than in my liset)

If it releases soon on PC then perhaps consoles will get it this year.

Releasing it on all platforms at the same time should technically be possible, but definitely not wise - PC can afford to have the latest stuff because it can deal with bugs and problems with a flexible patching cycle, while console patching is limited by Sony/MS bureaucracy, meaning anything that gets released there better be relatively bug-free. This is also the reason why console is currently lagging behind in updates.

Edited by Mattoropael

First day, I'm going to do the quests, gather resources, explore... Mostly kill time until night time.

First night, I'm going to be killing Ghost Sentients for their armor/weapon components to outfit my Operator and if I finish the set first or 2nd night, try to fight the Eidolon :p Even if I'm by myself, I at least want to learn how the fight flows, what the mechanics are, and learn his attack animations.

My biggest concern, currently, with Plains of Eidolon: How will gathering resources work in a Squad? I'd hate to be playing with a friend, 3km away and he says "Hey, I found that xxx you said you needed!" and have to fly/travel all across the map to get one thing. :(

22 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

As its a mix of a instanced mission and a relay area, no, most likely log in will send you to the ship.

As far as we know. It could have some sort of orbiter stand in (a monster hunter style base camp comes to mind), with the basic facilities that could also be a login point. We did only get less than 20 minutes of footage after all, who knows what kinds of secrets DE is hiding. 

4 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

As far as we know. It could have some sort of orbiter stand in (a monster hunter style base camp comes to mind), with the basic facilities that could also be a login point. We did only get less than 20 minutes of footage after all, who knows what kinds of secrets DE is hiding. 

Just don't hype yourself up for it. the Cetus area is just a 50 player area and the plains are 4 player max squad based. These are confirmed parts of info.

1 minute ago, Airwolfen said:

Just don't hype yourself up for it. the Cetus area is just a 50 player area and the plains are 4 player max squad based. These are confirmed parts of info.

I look forward to the day when we will be seeing eight or even twelve players at a time in the Plains.