The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

1 hour ago, Knight_Ex said:

Ha sorta click bait title, but seriously I watched the angry joe interview that he had with Steve Sinclair and apparently Eyedrion plains content will be available to new players to the game, now these are just my opinions but do you really want to give new players access to this area, observe and do everything that it has to offer before having them go back to the regular grindfest of warframe missions with their closed in environment?  Thats like having them play Horrizon Zero Dawn and then switching the game out to Devil May Cry....you Can't do that and expect new players to remain interested in the linear missions and map designs,  I feel like it should be locked off until the player completes war within, because again if you expose a new player to these open vast area and then throw them into a box after your going to either alienate them from the other aspects of the game or drive them away completely when they realize the rest of the game is linear mission based content,   This upcoming expansion is great, but shouldn't be accessible until the player has already gotten their feet wet with warframe.

I agree. I think new players shouldn't get access to it. It's odd having this open landscape exist alongside the standard missions, unless open landscapes will eventually replace the old tileset system (I honestly have no problem with this being the case for terrestrial locations). I think it should at least be locked until players complete TSD. That way, there's a story reason why we're going to Cetus, something that previous story hasn't ever touched upon.

I hope they balance it in a way where new players will know that this is not the norm of warframe and still seek out the other content, maybe if they see enough players flying around in their archwing it will convince them to continue pressing forward in the game to unlock it, but does this mean that new players will have limited access in the plains? I'm starting to lean towards them being in separate instances of the map or something.

6 hours ago, Rakiss said:

Itzal:
-Teleport will make it the fastest way of crossing the map.
-Invisibility is inferior to all non-archwing invisibility, probably not worth it.
-3rd ability may see some use as a weak avalanche stand-in if augmented.
-I don't see the drones being especially useful unless you stay low.

All of Itzals abilities work very well together.  You can go invis then use all the other abilities and not even leave invis.  Cosmic Crush with Augment has the protential to do damage twice.  Once for the initial damage and then again when the enemies hit the ground while frozen.  The drones to me serve the same purpose as Titania's butterflies; enemy distraction, damage, and CC all in one package.  Well if you don't gimp your power strength.  :D

On 7/10/2017 at 0:20 PM, DrBorris said:

Fingers crossed for a Zephyr rework after Hydroid, she is not a bad Warframe (Mostly because Turbulence is amazing), but she falls on her face when you compare her kit to her theme (Note that I am not saying she should fly, but her description is "Zephyr dominates from above", she should at least be able to hover). 

I mean hell, at least give her innate Patagium or something. She has talons for crying out loud lol. While Loki with his 10x wall latch duration hanging on a nearby tree over there says hi.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

Not sure why TWW is like a benchmark... since many players in sortie nowadays still need to be carried.

Because you will fight a Kaiju Sentient at night and maybe, MAYBE having a Sentient Resistance Reseting Beam avalible is kinda very much needed?

39 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This was supposed to be part of start chart 3.0, but was scrapped for some reason.

I'd love it if we could access a hard mode for the star chart. Maybe just give us 15-20% affinity/resources.

My thought is that they didn't want to fracture the player base, but then again, it's not like high level players play on low SC levels anyway. We are already separated.

So actively making it worse is acceptable?

On 7/11/2017 at 0:44 PM, babywrath said:

With the new playground coming at the end of the summer, what preparations will you take to be ready when it comes out? Weapons? Warframes? Resources? I'd like to know what you guys are getting ready as well so I can build a better to-do-list. 

Here's what I do know about PoE:

• Archwings are allowed with little to no restrictions on their powers thus far. 
  • Arch weapons are a no go. (Something to do with gravity)
  • Resources used in Cetus are farm-able from PoE but there was not explicit mention of not using credits, ducats and plat as supplementary resources. Plats in particular were tweeted to be of a rare use resource. 
  • Literally every transaction in the game apart from the market requires credits so I don't see a reason why DE wouldn't require credits in Cetus as well. 
  • Enemies will most commonly be grineer lvl 20-40?. So easy peasy.
  • New enemy is so far a world boss type thing so ready those endgame guns to farm the thing.

Here's my to-do-list:

• Forma up the archwings specifically Iztal(utility/fast travel), Elytron(nuke dat dirt!), and Amesha(immortality).
  • Ready those anti grineer weapons and builds.
  • Stock up on credits, plats, ducats just in case they will be of use in Cetus.
  • Stock up on all resources just in case they'll be needed as well. They really might as well at this point because the grineer were at least mid-tier difficulty which means most people playing PoE must have access to all the resources(poly bundles, neural sensors, OROKIN cells). 

Also, woooooo new stuff to do in Warframe!!!! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! 

all in do time jimmy, gonna actually log in and play for a bit, but i won't hold my breath

On 11.7.2017 at 6:06 AM, DxAdder said:

One of my concerns is the level of the mobs in PoE, if the mobs aren't  lvl 80+  there will be no challenge.

Lvl 80 enemies are not challenging, that's Sortie 3 lvl. I can't even remember if i ever failed a mission in Sorties. 

If i have no problem to complete a mission then there is no challenge.

BTW i'm not even good at Warframe i'm average.

On 7/10/2017 at 0:41 AM, Aimop95 said:

Zephyer will actually get a lot of use from her abilities now, unfortunately that doesn't cover the fact that 2 of her abilities have very limited use in the current tilesets. That needs to be addressed.

her 2nd isnt any more limited than any other ability that requires some sort of traveling for the effect.

You can cast Nidus' 1st in a bad angle and have travel nowhere.

I fully expect Grineer to be quite nasty about aerial opponents.  Flak cannons, SAM sights, fighter craft, snipers.

Also, ability ranges will be cut short, or rather, our size relative to the ranges will make them seem short.  Gotta remember 100m in Archwing is like 10m in Warframe.  Everything seems so fast and far away when you're scaled down to the size of a potato in space.

6 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

*flies by with Elytron and Zarr+Kulstar*

---

Grineer: Tehk kovahrr, ihts ung Tenno whivv ahn Archwhijngg! 
Translation: Take cover! It's a Tenno with an Archwing!

Explosions ensue.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
Translated if you can't read Grineer.

23 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I'd hate for them to rush it though, what we have seen so far is wonderful and if it needs time to be polished, let's not risk ruining it by rushing DE to put it out before it's truly ready. that said, it won't be perfect even when it does release, so be prepared for plenty of map bugs. as for consoles getting Plains of Eidolon, I'm not holding my breath, maybe we could get it by September, assuming DE port quickly and Cert goes well. at the moment though, it's too soon to tell.

I wouldn't want them to rush it, but imo they are in a rush against the release of Destiny 2, because they offer what PoE does and more. Personally i've been holding back on warframe, because of this very reason. When they showcased the open world map of the new area i jumped back into the game to get ready for it. But if they hold on it to long, i amongst many others would probably switch game.