Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #98 Overview

AM-Bunny

devstream98banner.png

Focus Rework
• Rework is coming with Plains of Eidolon
• All Focus points gained until now will be refunded
• The new Focus mode will revolve on the physical Operator that you play as rather than the 'Ghost mode' and Warframe that Focus currently augments 
• Focus will make your Operator more combat-oriented, adhering to a different combat role depending on the school
• None of the old Focus system will remain -- Energy Overflow and Shadow Step are gone
• More details will be revealed in a coming Dev Workshop

Glass Warframe
• Glass Warframe's default helmet has been swapped -- the one shown previously is now her alternate
• Will be obtained via Plains of Eidolon Quest
• Passive has a chance to cast a small radial blind while in bright light
• 1st power shoots a line of glass that does damage and keeps enemies impaled while maintained 
• 2nd power causes the glass decorations on the Warframe to shatter and hover around her (or ally/enemy if cast on them) that causes a DOT damage area around the target
• 3rd power creates a number of mirrors that attract enemy attention, reflecting damage they deal to them -- when the mirrors are shattered it makes a large AOE damage
• 4th power is a toggle that creates an expanding radius that covers enemies within in molten glass which will slow/freeze enemies and that will create AOE shatter if they are hit by her 1st power
• Click HERE to see her powers previewed

a1f2c4fdeb103cdd26b920f64aa3f11e.png

Plains of Eidolon Updates
• One shopkeeper sells Gene-masking kits for pets -- Feral Kubrow skin seen
• Cetus will function as its own Syndicate with Standing that is earned by helping them
• Custom weapon parts can be purchased with Cetus standing
• Warframe masks for Operators can be purchased
• Jobs for Cetus can be accepted from a Job board that will provide a steady stream of tasks to award Cetus standing and other rewards
• Some of the Job rewards may seem meager, but many are aimed at beginning players that still need credits, etc
• There will be a prospector NPC that will be involved in a new line-tracing mining mini-game that will touch on a rework of the Arcane system
• There will be dynamic alerts that pop up within the Plains that offer smaller objectives
• Enemies further away from the Cetus gate will grow higher level
• Archwing controls are being reworked for Plains 
• A bit of the Teralyst boss battle previewed HERE
• There will be a new merchant for players that have completed War Within that offers Operator gear that allows players to battle the Teralyst
• You will be able to fuse Arcanes to Operator armour pieces (including old Operator gear) to make your own loadout as well as craft custom Operator weapons
• Watch the (lengthy) Plains demo HERE

c04cae4f0ed0aa28438544c3f1ae73fe.pngb5c5e992c2bb1c1440f98c295399adaa.png535b3d4b1187d11bd1dbdd2d19bfb527.png30f3877a222956ecfefa0de15638d817.pnga26d15f168c00f2f7402b40e9be0a720.png

Deluxe Skins
• Octavia deluxe skin shown
• Mag Deluxe skin shown - should release in Plains of Eidolon along with matching Syandana and tonfa skin

a65c1b6016406d15e1483cf7b292f8fb.png7b4b9b55b17f155f85a91d331410633b.jpg

New Stances
• There are 4 new weapon stances launching with Plains of Eidolon
• Contains new stances for sword, dual swords, polearm, and dagger/dual dagger (not specified which)
• Preview new stance combos HERE

Twitch Drops Promotion
• There is a new promotion for Twitch streamers and their viewers that awards exclusive items 
• When a Twitch streamer accomplishes certain Plains of Eidolon related goals, all the viewers of the stream will be awarded with a prize
• This requires that the viewer has their Warframe account linked to their Twitch account and to watch the stream for at least 1 cumulative hour

wuU7HtK.png

Halloween Tennogen Winners
Mesa Devil Ranger Skin
Himavat Frost Helmet
Limbo Vistyxio Skin
Venari Limbo Helmet
Titania Unseelie Skin
Dominia Banshee Helmet
Valkyr Delusion Skin
Nezha Yaksha Skin
Atlas Graxx Skin
Valkyr Pandora Helmet

Other Stuff
• Outside of urgent hotfixes, there will be no more updates until Plains of Eidolon launches - release date is very soon
• Next console update is in cert; contains up to the newly released Arca gear and Tennogen Round 9
• Reddit AMA thread is going live after the stream HERE

Edited by AM-Bunny

2 minutes ago, RAZORLIGHT said:

or no more energy but cooldowns (cooldown reduction instead of energy efficiency)

In the past, Scott has given a hard 'no' to cooldowns. Opinions change with time, but they seem pretty opposed to the idea.

Just now, Kaotyke said:

It begins

saltybae.PNG

Honestly I think it's great... and this is as someone that has abused Shadow Step for a long time. When it comes to something that they know should be changed, I'm glad they took the sledgehammer approach rather than sit and fret about compensating and upsetting players. That was the same thing that kept Vacuum exclusive to Carrier for so long.

Assuming Energy Overflow from Zenurik will be going bye-bye, what's the plan to compensate for its absence? Without it, playing several frames depends on RNG drops or trying to recruit a Trinity/Harrow. It doesn't necessarily have to be 4 energy per second, but having game flow tied to RNG was never fun for early players.

Edited by Neightrix

1 minute ago, Neightrix said:

Assuming Energy Overflow from Zenurik will be going bye-bye, what's the plan to compensate for its absence? Without it, playing several frames depends on RNG drops or trying to recruit a Trinity/Harrow. It doesn't necessarily have to be 4 energy per second, but having game flow tie to RNG was never fun for early players.

Probably nothing, but I keep hearing a few players constantly say we have tons of ways to get energy for never running out of energy. Perhaps they mean a Trinity or Harrow doing the work for them? Either way, we will have to see whether this new system compensates for the few benefits that the old had.

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

Honestly I think it's great... and this is as someone that has abused Shadow Step for a long time. When it comes to something that they know should be changed, I'm glad they took the sledgehammer approach rather than sit and fret about compensating and upsetting players. That was the same thing that kept Vacuum exclusive to Carrier for so long.

As someone who used Vazarin more... I'm fairly indiferent to the changes, but I'm already hearing, again, about people quitting the game because of changes, again, and how millions of players hate the Operator, again, and how they are ruining the game, again.

2 minutes ago, Neightrix said:

Assuming Energy Overflow from Zenurik will be going bye-bye, what's the plan to compensate for its absence? Without it, playing several frames depends on RNG drops or trying to recruit a Trinity/Harrow.

Nothing. Adapt or Die.

So much dependance on 1 thing... Its a different kind of power spam all over again.

Just now, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

So support frames got a lot more valuable and everyone's gonna freak out over arcane energize. But really my only disappointment is that it sounds like focus is ALL directed into operator now and does nothing for warframes at all. And tbh while operator is neat i much prefer playing as a frame.

Fair, but there's already an entire modding system devoted to Warframes. And Arcanes. One of the main things that they deliberated about with when developing Focus was making it feel like a distinct and separate system. If it simply adds a new way to buff Warframes, it's not particularly innovative. I support it having its own niche in the game.

3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

As someone who used Vazarin more... I'm fairly indiferent to the changes, but I'm already hearing, again, about people quitting the game because of changes, again, and how millions of players hate the Operator, again, and how they are ruining the game, again.

Nothing. Adapt or Die.

So much dependance on 1 thing... Its a different kind of power spam all over again.

It will be interesting to see the reaction. I have a very loyal personality so when I chose Naramon after completing Second Dream, I stuck with it -- it just happened to be one of the strongest schools. But I've never used Energy Overflow consequently and gotten by fine without it. It's definitely possible. I drop Energy Pads now and then, but they're easy to come by.

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Nothing. Adapt or Die.

I think you don't realize that having energy overflow made things so much better and open alot of doors in terms of what you could do with a frame. It made playing caster frames an actual option. It allowed for not always playing for max. efficiency.

Neither am i going to simply accept and adapt to this nor am i going to die because of that. I will simply find a solution together with other tenno through feedback (just like with the nullifier changes or further oberon rework tweaks) so that we can all safely enjoy a freshed up focus system without having to suffer.

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

It made playing caster frames an actual option. It allowed for not always playing for max. efficiency.

Do not forget that it made EV alot less "essential". If I could argue any point, it would be that this game will become pre-focus Draco with everyone needing an EV in their squads because they do not use energize + dog, or have max efficiency. The "haha crutches are gone" mentality is quite stupid and shows how blind you are to the problems that will arise.

Edited by --Q--Voltage