Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Deluxe Skin Concept Art revealed during Reddit AMA

JesterTheNight

There it is:

004-FinalPass.jpg

This is just one of the concepts (pretty bad imo), we were left with a little teaser for next devstream "There are indeed some Volt deluxe concepts that have progressed a fair bit - maybe next Devstream! " by someone from DE.

Regarding the new look of Ember's deluxe: " We will show a new look next Devstream! "

Source:

Edited by JesterTheNight

Honestly, the more I look at it the better it looks. It having a horrible color scheme and no texture is making it look like a Nidus rip off rather than what I am guessing is more of a mechanical soldier. Change the colors to a more metallic scheme and give it a neon energy color and it looks a lot better. 

Also, no cloth, hopefully that fad is over. 

I don't think it's all that bad, particularly because it seems to put an emphasis on particle effects rather than an aesthetic model. This also looks like a pre-concept concept, so I'm really not going to judge it harshly. 

Frankly I'm pretty tired of all the "aerodynamic and sleek" themed skins for Volt, it's time to look at different interpretations. I will admit I don't like the helm, but I'll just swap it out anyways. 

I feel like the silhouette fits with Nekros more, or maybe Loki. But I can see Frankenstein's Monster inspiration they were going with and that might be why it is Volt.

It is a good-looking skin by its own, just doesn't look very Volt.

Edited by CenturionChild

The body part looks alot more like loki (nonprime), except less warframe-y. I'll pass on this; I'll take volt prime skin any day over this. 

For deluxe skins I expect stuff like unreleased mag skin, chroma's dynasty skin, nova's tennogen by hitsusan(flight attnd), oberon's feyarch. Not only that, but I do think volt's vanilla skin actually looks better than this. This is pretty much the deluxe nova helm all over again *shudders*.