Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New GPU Particles and goodbye to PhysX FX!

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, smockahontaz said:

Am i the only one here who dunno about whats the difference is?

what physix do is creating life-like effects to clothing, water and other particles like sparkles. When its turned off, you notice there isn't much going on because there is no Physics generator to simulate something so complex like thousands of sparkles going up and down and being affected by other props in the game and other gravity generators. I think a better example is the Borderlands video take on Physix:

On the video above you can clearly see the difference. Without Physx its not even possible to add elements like fluids, make said elements be affected by other instances of the world such as explosions and whatnot. Cloths, particles, fluids all became able to be simulated in a lifelike scenario. The problem is that Physx is exclusive to NVIDIA video cards, so anyone without an NVIDIA card won't have it, including people on consoles.

That's what so great about the new GPU particle effects of DE: it will work on any video card, on consoles and they also said it will be less intensive on our systems, making things run smoother as before. I have an NVIDIA card, but knowing that everyone will share the same, if not better, experience as I am, I'm more than happy and willing to support it.

6 hours ago, MatiMMM said:

Hello. When we get a buffs for old melee weapons like Fang or Plasma sword.?  Are u planing something similar to primery/secundary stat change? 

We already got a primary and secondary stat changes and rework. Melee is in the works.

@ DE : Please playtest the new phisycs engine to death before release, is the only thing that I beg of you guys!

A glitching tileset i can stand, a suboptimal warframe I can still work around, a glitched UI or game graphics are a tad bit more serious to bypass...

P.S. when will you have time to fix Mirage bugs on Hall of Mirrors not counting kill, experience and focus on her shaows kills?

Also Mirage Prime skin is glitched since release, with its color map being replaced by the standard mirage version on both arms when activating Hall of Mirrors and/or Eclipse

22 hours ago, Ikusias said:

@ DE : Please playtest the new phisycs engine to death before release, is the only thing that I beg of you guys!

A glitching tileset i can stand, a suboptimal warframe I can still work around, a glitched UI or game graphics are a tad bit more serious to bypass...

P.S. when will you have time to fix Mirage bugs on Hall of Mirrors not counting kill, experience and focus on her shaows kills?

Also Mirage Prime skin is glitched since release, with its color map being replaced by the standard mirage version on both arms when activating Hall of Mirrors and/or Eclipse

The good news is that in the initial post, it is said that the new particle effect system is optional, so even if an unforseen bug snuck in, considering that it is something created and implemented in house, a fix should be relatively quick. Worse comes to worse, just disable the feature until it's repaired.

I'm super excited to see how it works and whether or not the midgenerational consoles will get some updates.

En 6/5/2018 a las 15:12, Myscho dijo:

Early 

After is pretty much we have now, since 99% of PhysX effect are replaced with engine particles

what? my game dont looks like that and i have all graphics settings on and max.. what i missing then ?( not nvidia user btw )

6 hours ago, davej83 said:

what? my game dont looks like that and i have all graphics settings on and max.. what i missing then ?( not nvidia user btw )

You're missing the PhysX which is NVIDIA proprietary software. Don't worry, us AMD users will get to experience fluid glitter farts soon enough. 🙂

9 hours ago, davej83 said:

That tech demo video is like 5 years old, even Nvidia users dont have 90% effect showcased in video, because DE slowly replace them

I'm most hyped about this particle system, the melee re-work and the UI update. Some questions to, I guess Steve mostly, about the particles:

Will the particles have a light source? Like if you're in a dark corridor, will they light up a bit against a wall for example? Will they cast shadows? Mainly asking because I know how taxing shadows/lighting can be to GPU. And if so, please add an option to turn off the possible light source(s) and shadows from particles. =)

You mentioned that this is a new kind of system for the Evolution engine. I have no idea if this has been used before anywhere or anything, but definitely apply a patent to it (if it's even possible? No idea, how these things work since I'm not a programmer nor a lawyer.). And the most mind-blowing fact that it barely has any FPS drops?! Looking forward to it. :thumbup:

On 2018-05-03 at 5:33 AM, MunsuLight said:

I,m just hoping that this new particle system wont be bad for lower end pc like mine ..  But it seems great ^^

Just turn down or turn off particle effects. If you're on the low end and running the game they might be off already.

Il y a 2 heures, SenorClipClop a dit :

Just turn down or turn off particle effects. If you're on the low end and running the game they might be off already.

You are probably right .. i will see.. Maybe I will be able to put some of these effect in if they say they arent too bad for the GPU

Okay with the new particle system will you guys rework the rainfall and snowfall effects from 2D flat gif wall into a particles? cus currently no offense but its ugly...
Also are the new particles being effected by winds, movement of other objects etc? 

Archived