Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Sword Crafting Cost

ChillyWilly

16 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But 68 plat = what? 

A single rare part? A slightly more common set? 

You do a single good trade and you got yourself enough plat and to spare? Then you buy junk with that, and 7 trades later you have your 1000 ducats?

Why are people acting like this is a sticking point? Why are they acting like this made the game pay to win? 

Simple. Opportunity cost. Example:

1000 ducats = 3 jolts. 

1 jolt = 100+ plat in 6 months.

3 jolts = 300+ plat

It need not be jolt, it can any of the prime mods as well. Same principle applies. 

Edited by wtflag

56 minutes ago, Athnamos said:

So the issue is, turning primes into ducats are too precious because it has plat value. If a player doesn't care about plat value, grinding 1k ducat is trivial and can be done in few hours worth (or a day). With common = 15 ducats, uncommon = 45 ducats, and rare = 100 ducats.

Personally, gathering ducats for Paracesis is easier than grinding 30k cryotic for Sibear. As other stated, using Hema is unfair comparison due to it being clan-wide effort, and once researched, the material to build it isn't that much of a chore.

How about that 5 forma cost? Yep it's costly, but those other clan built weapons eat forma too. And I got lucky hoarding forma from operational supply during Plague Star.

Ya know, turning Anasas into Endo is also too precious because it has plat value ... but people do it anyway.

On 2018-10-12 at 11:43 AM, Thelk641 said:

Again : we're not talking about a rare weapon that only has a 1% drop rate on the Trio or the Stalker, we're talking about something that is pushed to your face, something the game never did before, and you're talking as if this was just another worthless item. Like "yeah sure the prime variant cost a lot, but it's a prime", this is a quest item ! 

There's a huge gap between "here is free stuff" and "here is a montain, now climb it without equipement". Went, in a few updates, from I can't remember which quest which gave a good weapon (Broken War), potatoed and a weapon slot, to now you get a blueprint and nothing else plus the blueprint cost a stupid amount of ressources.

remember the first few quests de made at the start of the quest system? each quest step gave you a part of a warframe to build or gave the weapon blueprint at the end. then de decided to scrap that strategy and throw everything back into their massively diluted endless mission reward tables because they didn't want you to actually get the things you worked for in the quest in a timely manner.

On 2018-10-12 at 5:20 PM, ChillyWilly said:

You can say "I have 8000 platinum, 50 platinum for a weapon is not bad" But no, it is bad when you bring CURRENCY into a crafting cost.

I have quite alot of plat and I will not pay 50-100 platinum for that new Shotgun as "Crafting Cost". Its just doesn't feel right

Credits are a currency, any non-unique counter is functionally a currency, there is no real-money involved in gaining ducats so they are more like credits than plat.

All this does is lock this reward to "people who have done X amount of void runs" I don't have any problem with that given how late the blueprint is awarded in quest progression. It's 3 Prime mods.

Edited by SilentMobius

3 hours ago, wtflag said:

Simple. Opportunity cost. Example:

1000 ducats = 3 jolts. 

1 jolt = 100+ plat in 6 months.

3 jolts = 300+ plat

It need not be jolt, it can any of the prime mods as well. Same principle applies. 

Then:

1) wait 6 months,

2) sell for 300+ plat,

3) spend 68 on junk,

4) keep 232+ plat.... 

5) ??? 

6) Grofit! 

Or you know, just trade something else. Whatever floats your boat. Because in your example there is still the opportunity cost, you could have kept them for your pistols instead, literally everything that we can choose comes with an opportunity cost, so that in and of itself isn't truly significant. 

(BTW, you literally just showed how you can realistically expect to get 1000 ducats by selling a single item. Q.E.D. 1000 ducats doesn't have to be hard to get. ) 

Literally ate a bag of popcorn reading this dumpsterfire of a thread.... good times , but as for the op ,how bout ya just stop bein lazy and play the game instead  of playin trade chat.... Since obviously all you care about is "muh Ducats.. Muh plat"  In the end  Plat  ducats Kuva  nanoflakes  cheerios  all of em are  by and  far  just a means  to an end   why care ?  Just get it done and enjoy  the  game... Or dont , if you dont like actually playing the game  gathering  resources  ect  to  progress , like it has been  since day 1 and will NEVER change  well yeah..... If you have  an  issue  with  this minor  grind ,, and it REALLY REALLY  is minor... Then you have larger issues with the game as a whole  and  need  to examine  where to  go from there.

The Thing is  If you are not enjoying somthing in a game , and its   a critical part  of the game mechanics.. You need  to examine  why  you  arent enjoying it, simply saying  " I dont like it  , Its  to hard..."  doesnt count when many others  enjoy the grind (AKA playing the game)  and  find  it easy,

Edited by VaricBreem

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing i want to know, i dont have to craft that damn sword to advance next/future quests right? RIGHT? because i'am not wasting 1k ducats on a sword i will never use, waste 1k ducats just to advance a quest and have the sword getting dust after the quest is over is stupid, soo please tell me i dont need to craft it.

Edited by OniTakezo

21 minutes ago, OniTakezo said:

The only thing i want to know, i dont have to craft that damn sword to advance next/future quests right? RIGHT? because i'am not wasting 1k ducats on a sword i will never use, waste 1k ducats just to advance a quest and have the sword getting dust after the quest is over is stupid, soo please tell me i dont need to craft it.

Oh yeah, no worries there. You probably won't have any reason to want to use one of the most powerful heavy swords in the game. Sure those high crit chances and crazy crit damage look good on paper but you won't be interested in that. The whole extra levels and more mod capacity, so being able to drop a more powerful combination of mods than any other weapon, just means that much more work you'll have to do, and nobody wants that. And who cares if we are probably going to go up against a bunch of sentients in the future and it can pretty much just melt them? 

/s

Check it out before writing it off. 

26 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh yeah, no worries there. You probably won't have any reason to want to use one of the most powerful heavy swords in the game. Sure those high crit chances and crazy crit damage look good on paper but you won't be interested in that. The whole extra levels and more mod capacity, so being able to drop a more powerful combination of mods than any other weapon, just means that much more work you'll have to do, and nobody wants that. And who cares if we are probably going to go up against a bunch of sentients in the future and it can pretty much just melt them? 

/s

Heh... On paper, Gram Prime is theoretically better... except it's notably slower compared to the Paracesis, and thus takes significantly longer to build up it's combo counter.   Gram Prime might be a lot better against certain high level enemies you can't kill in a single hit (it's got better status), but Paracesis wipes up the map on everything else, and most of those high level enemies as well.   (I *love* seeing 100k+ Red criticals with the thing.)   I've now built this on two different accounts (the second account being a teaching stream...) and on my main account it's now my #1 go-to melee weapon.

1 hour ago, OniTakezo said:

You probably will have to. You're supposed to have a combat-ready Operator by the time you go after Sacrifice, but enough people didn't and complained that I imagine DE will make Paracesis mandatory so you're prepared by default to fight sentients.

• Like 1

On 2018-10-12 at 11:09 AM, ChillyWilly said:

So the Paracesis, the weapon you got from Chimera Prologue (well the blueprint) have a cost of a whopping 1k Ducats

Lets be real, No one would spend that much ducats to get that weapon... Even it have some sort of power to defeat sentients

This is a unique case when you are putting a currency into a crafting cost. Ducats are not easy to get, after the new relic system and not old void keys. Ducats fodder is harder and harder to get since you only get 1 prime item per Relics (Taking the Relic Farm can takes 5 Minutes on average) it would take around 335 Minutes or 6 Hours and 35 Minutes getting relics and come up with worse case scenario of getting Commons (Not counting the time opening relics cause it depends on missions).

Lets put it this way. If DE comes up with a New Shotgun, and you need to use 50plat as crafting cost, would you do it? Its pretty much the same. You can earn Ducats and Platinum.

Either make the Ducats cost atleast 200 (Yes I'm not spending more than 2 rare parts for a single and possibly an MR Fodder weapon) or Change it to use Nitain or Argon instead.

Ducats SHOULD NOT be in a Crafting Recipe, THEY HAVE VALUE!

I want more weapons to require ducats

45 minutes ago, Zgwortz said:

Heh... On paper, Gram Prime is theoretically better... except it's notably slower compared to the Paracesis, and thus takes significantly longer to build up it's combo counter.   Gram Prime might be a lot better against certain high level enemies you can't kill in a single hit (it's got better status), but Paracesis wipes up the map on everything else, and most of those high level enemies as well.   (I *love* seeing 100k+ Red criticals with the thing.)   I've now built this on two different accounts (the second account being a teaching stream...) and on my main account it's now my #1 go-to melee weapon.

Gram can do the same thing

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

/s

I did not need it before what makes you sure i will need it now? ''most powerful'' my nikana prime and galatine prime already does the job fine, never had a problem.

is sentients a problem? thats what my umbra with sacrificial steel is for, never had a problem.

51 minutes ago, OniTakezo said:

I did not need it before what makes you sure i will need it now? ''most powerful'' my nikana prime and galatine prime already does the job fine, never had a problem.

is sentients a problem? thats what my umbra with sacrificial steel is for, never had a problem.

You mean the Umbra that you'd never needed before, and what makes me think that you would need him or his mods now and that you did the job fine without, never had a problem? 

Like I said, at least check it out before you write it off.