Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk needs self-healing somewhere in his abilities

wezu123

From what I saw, Baruuk is a very cool frame, but he has one problem. He's mostly about taking damage, and then using it back, but he has no way to heal the damage he received.

Here are my ideas:
1. Holding first ability will use some of the Edge to heal yourself, if you feel too overwhelmed
2. Finisher kills heal Baruuk by about 100hp (maybe moddable).

I think this is the thing Baruuk needs the most right now.

I think his Damage Avoidance and Damage reduction combo might be enough where DE feels that Healing too would make him over-powered.

Best thing to do is just wait till he's released, try him out in a myriad of In-Game settings/locations (NOT just Simulacrum), and provide feedback on the experience from there.

If you need an example of other Frames with similar styles of both Damage Avoidance and Damage Reduction, you don't really have to look further past the other Popular Frame right now, Mesa. Her Shooting Gallery prevents enemies from being able to fire at her once they're disarmed by it, and her Shatter Shield blocks up to 95% Damage from projectiles shot at her. You'll also notice that she doesn't have a Healing ability of any kind, yet we've found ways to work around it as a Player-Base.

(I'm actually hoping this new Monk is basically Melee Mesa, in a way.)

Edited by Tangent-Valley

58 minutes ago, wezu123 said:

And of those countless possibilites, what do you mean? Using health pads is not the best thing to do, especially with a frame that's supposed to defend itself.

There are countless ways to gain health these days, both cheap and expensive. Medi-ray/Synth Deconstruct/Equilibrium/Health Pads/Hunter Recovery/Arcane Grace/Arcane Victory/Rejuvenation/Life Strike/Healing Return those are some that just come to my mind.

Edit:And well duh, health orbs from enemies.

Edited by HellVOps

7 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Theres another...your cat can do it too iirc

I use this method all the time, so much so when I put a MOA on to rank them I didn't realize how much "Casual Damage" I was taking in Kuva Missions till my Health bar was practically beeping at me. X'D

2 hours ago, wezu123 said:

He's mostly about taking damage

How did you get that impression?
Seemed to me like he was all about avoiding damage.

1 makes attacks pass through you
2 provides mass CC
3 disarms enemies and gives damage reduction (yay Shields)
4 ragdolls enemies in a multitude of flavors

*shrug*

And yeah, healing becomes somewhat trivial as you progress,
e.g. Medi-Ray alone is such a game changer.

... that said, I wouldn't exactly mind some kind of Squad healing support, heh.
Maybe those little things from his 3 could give a (weak) regen when they attach to allies,
enemies affected by his 2 could give off a healing pulse upon death, something like that.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb (PS4)psycofang:

Life strike

Hema

Furis augment

Red pizzas

Broken scepter

Red orbs

Harudo

Theres another...your cat can do it too iirc

Furis = trash (like.. seriously?)

Hema - What? Who uses this gun?

Health pads should not be mandatory for a frames survivability

Broken scepter - Like.. honestly? Feels like you're joking at this point

Harudo - Yeah, no.. I don't like fist weapons.

Life strike is the only real option but it's getting annoying too. 

And cats don't heal reliably enough since everyone kills stuff way too fast.

With that said, we can't say anything about his balance yet, HE IS NOT EVEN OUT.

Honestly speaking, with as much personal defense as Baruuch seems to have, with literal damage prevention on his 1, damage reduction both on his 3 and as part of his passive, a disarm on enemies that he can even just give to his team and send out to do his work for him, and high range potential CC on both his 2 and his 4 (which CCs as much as it damages), I think you're going to find that his effective health is going to be high enough.

A single Health Orb could be worth five or six times the actual points it restores.

Plus, a frame like this will be fun in a team. If you need a revive, this frame will literally stand there laughing at the enemies while he does that.

1 hour ago, Karu-QW said:

Furis = trash (like.. seriously?)

Hema - What? Who uses this gun?

Health pads should not be mandatory for a frames survivability

Broken scepter - Like.. honestly? Feels like you're joking at this point

Harudo - Yeah, no.. I don't like fist weapons.

Life strike is the only real option but it's getting annoying too. 

And cats don't heal reliably enough since everyone kills stuff way too fast.

With that said, we can't say anything about his balance yet, HE IS NOT EVEN OUT.

The joke...

You.

17 hours ago, wezu123 said:

From what I saw, Baruuk is a very cool frame, but he has one problem. He's mostly about taking damage, and then using it back, but he has no way to heal the damage he received.

From what I saw, he doesn't actually need to take damage. His one avoids damage while powering his passive. You can boost your passive by also taking damage but you don't need to (and it could be lessened or changed). I'd say he is about supporting his team by controlling the battlefield flow not by taking damage. Chroma and Garuda are about taking damage.

I believe Rejuvenation Aura is good enough for him with all his mitigation and ability to completely avoid damage.

It works well enough for my Trinity and Gara in normal play.

I don't know if someone posted that but you can simply make any warframe that have ability weapons closely immortal if you add some heeling mods.

Or just other different ways to heal yourself.

There is no need for warframe to have healing ability like look at Rhino, Limbo, Loki, Vauban, Excalibur and there is more of them.

I am not judging, it is just my opinion.

Have fun all.

I'm on the fence about this. On one hand, Baruuk is very clearly a tank frame, tank frames generally have some sort of self-sustain, even if it's not always self-healing (e.g. Atlas's armor, Valkyr's life steal, Rhino's Iron Skin, etc.), and the one tank frame without any self-sustain whatsoever, i.e. Chroma, is dysfunctional because of it. On the other, he also doesn't expressly need to take health damage to function, unlike Chroma, and looks like he has a kit that's meant to have him pay a little more attention in order to mitigate damage, and thus punish him if he doesn't position himself right with his 1. Time will tell, but considering the amount of redundancy in his kit from what's been seen (he gets damage reduction from multiple sources, his sleep and disarm achieve the same purpose), one of his effects could potentially be converted into self-healing, namely his damage reduction based on Edge (it could be health regen instead).

28 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

I'm on the fence about this. On one hand, Baruuk is very clearly a tank frame, tank frames generally have some sort of self-sustain, even if it's not always self-healing (e.g. Atlas's armor, Valkyr's life steal, Rhino's Iron Skin, etc.), and the one tank frame without any self-sustain whatsoever, i.e. Chroma, is dysfunctional because of it. On the other, he also doesn't expressly need to take health damage to function, unlike Chroma, and looks like he has a kit that's meant to have him pay a little more attention in order to mitigate damage, and thus punish him if he doesn't position himself right with his 1. Time will tell, but considering the amount of redundancy in his kit from what's been seen (he gets damage reduction from multiple sources, his sleep and disarm achieve the same purpose), one of his effects could potentially be converted into self-healing, namely his damage reduction based on Edge (it could be health regen instead).

Yeah it's a bit weird compared to past "tank" frame design.  However I don't think Baruuk needs a direct source of health regen in his kit.  Disarm and his 1 both prevent enemies abilities to actually realistically damage him.  And he has a lingering aoe hard cc combined with his ultimate that constantly rag dolls enemies.  Basically what i'm getting at is it seems like he's got defenses that cover both long and short range.  So the damage he should theoretically be receiving should be minimal.

I would also argue against the point you're making about redundancy.  His disarm is a safe guard for immediate threats where as his aoe sleep is more of a setup defense.  You'd be using his disarm on the go more than his sleep.  And while he does indeed get passive damage reduction on top of DR from his 3 both are not always at their peak.  I'd imagine most people would be using his 4.  Which means he won't always have max DR from passive.  And outside static defense missions i'd see his disarm projectiles zooping away a lot.  So having passive DR is a nice cushion.

I think DE intentionally wanted him to always have access to DR.  hence recast being built into his 3 and using his abilities both gives and takes from his passive DR pool.  If he only got DR from his passive as an example then people would be less likely to use his 4.  I think he's rather cleverly designed.  His core components of CC and DR are always in play and the entire way it's looped together encourages you to use all of his kit.  (same with Garuda)  and I personally love this.