Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do u think about the new corpus locker design?

Radu955

I'm okay with them, though I'd love to see both, maybe on different planets.

[EDIT] The new version actually looks really good in dark/shady spots. But, I have master thief and I've noticed it's mega hard to identify if it unlocked these new lockers. I don't think they added a switch to change the light color on successful or unsuccessful unlock.

Edited by Sorkheff
  • Like 2

The new locker design is neat, but very much lacks clarity and good identifiers for if it's open or not. The previous design had 7 color coded spots where you could see the lockers state - from afar and in bad lightning conditions.

Now you have 1 at the front, without color coding and it's slightly embedded. In many circumstances you can't even distinguish the cyan light from the "off state". Even when standing directly in front it, due to bright environmental lightning - not to speak of when looking at an angle and/or from distance.

Edited by Sid6dot7

Thematically, I can understand the logic behind it. But, that in doing so they've made it hard to parse what the different states of them are meant to be, is a definite step backwards.

And, once again, there's this penchant for employing a kind of blue tone. I understand having favourites, but we still need to be able to parse information and thus, colour contrasts are important. Though we should all be more than familiar with the UI teams...complicated relationship with colour contrast and UI stuff. See the High contrast "Blue on blue" for the more recent example.

Hopefully, we'll see some resolution in good time. Don't want to be waiting years again for legible lockers, personally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Radu955 said:

Old 3m21l60662p11.png

New 20181218185645-1.jpg

I like the old one better.

Not really a fan of the new design.  And it's a giant step backwards for gameplay usability.  I can't tell which (if either) of those is locked.

Also, unless they updated the drop tables, no one will both with them most of the time anyway.  Because opening one might reward you with One! heath orb, a random ammo pickup, or about 20 credits.  woohoo.  (>_<)

I hate the new lockers, they look like children's toys similar to the Arca weapons. I prefer the old ones they were clean, simple, intuitive, and fit both the corpus and sci-fi setting much better.

Hopefully they'll change them back if there's enough feedback.

Edited by DishSoap
  • Like 3

Terrible.  The change to alarm and laser panels when fortuna came out are terrible too.

They seem to be obsessed with destroying the visual clarity of stuff in the game.  The UI changes have been very rough around the edges and now I can't tell if a corpus panel or locker is usuable until I'm a lot closer.

Edited by MrPing1000
  • Like 1

Old ones, was in a hive mission and tried looking for caches, apparently, one of the caches were bugged, to add salt, I couldn't identify what was a cache and what was a locker.

One of the "lockers" I opened turned out to be a cache with a loud noise, but only after opening every single locker. I can't tell if they're open as well.

Edited by Inanegrain62

As a console player that’s reviewing the pictures screenshotted by the OP, I’m pretty sure I prefer the old ones better. And it’s only for the lighting notifier that indicates whether it’s locked, unlocked, a cache. 

I honestly can’t tell what’s what with the new Corpus locker design. The old one is better for the sake of simplicity.

• Like 1

New corpus cabinets are terrible, you can't tell if a cabinet is open or closed until you are VERY close to see the light, compared to the original design that is fairly easy to notice at a long distance, caches are even worse if you don't listen to their chime. We need the original back, unless they work out the design so that it can be easy to differentiate locked, open and broken cabinets.

3 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

New corpus cabinets are terrible, you can't tell if a cabinet is open or closed until you are VERY close to see the light, compared to the original design that is fairly easy to notice at a long distance, caches are even worse if you don't listen to their chime. We need the original back, unless they work out the design so that it can be easy to differentiate locked, open and broken cabinets.

Totally agree. May we please have green, red, black, blue and white back, and in larger area than new cupboards display. Perhaps your purpose is to make opening slower and more tedious to limit resources/credits collected, and if that is so, your goal has been achieved. Personally I found it irritating, but would be prepared to put up with if someone can explain what makes new design better than old design. I have a friend with 5% hearing who plays and I know he will be missing caches now because he can't see if they are white. Feels a little like fixing something not broken, but will keep watching this thread to see if someone notes a positive improvement.

• Like 1

I'm not against them, but I think they should replace lockers ONLY on Venus, they look really Fortuna-like, and the old ones are a big part of Warframe's visual identity to me. I don't know why such big changes are needed or "good" when it's replacing the whole startchart props we're used to see since ages.

Maybe a real skin for Snipetron is something more needed, maybe ? :clem:

• Like 2