Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do u think about the new corpus locker design?

Radu955

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Why a Lanka aesthetic redesign didn’t happen before this Corpus locker redesign is a question that goes beyond how many licks is needed to reach the middle of a Tootsie Roll lollipop.

Lanka doesn't need a redesign it's perfect how it is. Sometimes simple is better.

I'm not a fan of the Arca Children's Toys we have.

Edited by DishSoap
  • Like 2

Pretty much agree with all the negative stuff that was said.

The new lockers look not just "it's not what I'm used to" different / weird but actually terrible IMO,
and yeah, open vs locked is hard to tell so it's an objective downgrade, in any case.

Locker visuals have been tweaked in the past but this is a massive change nobody asked for.

DE why.

Why are DE trying to give Corpus furniture a redesign? Last time it was their hack panels

I mean this stuff is supposed to be coming out of a machine press. The old design had that image perfectly, just a box of sheet metal with an inset for LEDs. This new stuff looks like it had to go through several extra machines on the assembly line to get all those 45 degree angles, AND it's painted. Your average Corpus would replace the new designs with the old in a heartbeat to save money

• Like 3

I hate the new lockers, no offence to the artists who worked on them but they don't work for a few reasons.

The most important reason they don't work, is they don't easily indicate if they're locked or not.  Just having those few, hard to see tiny lights makes moving through a room much slower.  Before, I could glance through a room and pick out the green lockers, now I have to move around to see if those tiny lights are green or not.  From a gameplay point of view, these lockers are a disaster.  Even if the locked ones had a red light, they aren't displayed as visibly and as many places as the old ones.  The picture in the OP is a good example of how the multi-sided lights made it easier to tell which lockers you could open.  On that specific tile set, those lockers would often be laying on their sides and the front would be mostly obscured.  Without the lights on the side, it's hard to tell which are the lockers you can open.  You have to use the front lights, which are best seen from directly in front, not at an angle which can obscure the lights.  (This isn't even getting into the fact the green light seems to be a lighter shade of green than it was previously.  Now it sort of blends in to the tint of corpus maps.  I would hate to see how it looks on a corpus map with a radiation hazard on it.  I bet those lights would be invisible)

As for aesthetically, they don't fit most of the corpus tilesets.  They may work on Foturna and the new gas city tileset, I dunno... but they feel out of place in the rest of the tilesets.  That splash of "bronze" metal on the front is also visual clutter that distracts from the light.  (Going back to the major problem)  I can take or leave the white lines, since they probably wouldn't look too bad on the old models.

This honestly feels like change for change's sake since it's a downgrade in almost every way.  (I'm sure DE will inform us that it has a higher quality mesh and the PBR on the textures is better... so I wont say it's a downgrade in every way)  If they're insisting on changing the lockers no matter what, I expect to see a lot of improvements.  Adding more vents for light to shine through on the sides, making the front lights bigger and brighter (And maybe spreading them back out around the front panel, so they're not all clumped around the center) so it's easy to see at a glance and adding back the red light to locked chests so they stand out as well.

Hi DE,

Can we have the old design back please?

It's very difficult to see now without slowing down the game, especially in places where it's bright like sunlight ray shining, i can't even tell until i go really close.

The old design suit the fast pace game style much better, a lot easier on the eyes.

Please? Thanks

Beside game play, the old design really looks much nicer and it fits and blend into the corpus environment a lot  a lot better

They needed to redesign the old lockers once before for the same exact reason people don't like the new ones. Hard to distinguish locked and unlocked and offline, for the color blind. And now it's hard for those that see just fine as well.

And whatever happened to the great locker and can purge of the old maps. Sure they might have stars rarely now but you loot a deadend hidden out of the way room with 15 lockers and 6 crates. You might get 500 credits and some common materials and a heap of ammo. The plan was semi implemented in OV. Very few canisters but they tend to give a bunch of random parts.

And that ammo cache from PoE! Would have been just fine to make a corpus version too. Super useful and neat if it could drop archgun ammo too. A dead end room only needs 2 lockers of condensed loot. One always unlocked, and one that will unlock with the mod. 1 ammo cache. And random resource nodes. What's entertaining about running around in a circle smashing X between hallways of lockers.

One step forward two steps back alright 🎵

• Like 2

I would much prefer the old lockers as well as the old control panels over the new lockers as the old lockers are more easily identifiable if its locked or not than the new ones and control panels for the fact that the new control panels design doesn't really suit the old corpus tilesets that well

But I think the main reason for this is to suit the design atheistics of the upcoming corpus ship and jnpitper rework.

Who knows maybe DE is planning on reworking all the old existing corpus tilests in the future

Edited by greenknight40

At any kind of distance or while moving it's just impossible to read them.  In bright light conditions they're even difficult to read while standing still in front of them.  This is the primary problem with them, they're a massive downgrade in legibility.

Aesthetically, I really liked the old ones.  I found them charming and liked their shiny sci-fi aesthetic.  These new ones are okay but they're a bit of visual clutter and they don't match some of the tilesets well.  If their readability issues were addressed I certainly wouldn't mind them being used in some places where they match thematically, but I'd like to have the old lockers in places where they match better, too.

But we must be able to read them.

17 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

I think everyone can agree they need to take another shot at these.

DE are usually pretty good when it comes to colorblind-friendly options and  things like this, so this seems like an oversight to me. I'm sure that they will alter the design in the future. personally I would make that little cutout in the top section have a little symbol in it that changes based on whether the locker is open or not and it would glow red or green. if the locker is unlocked by an ability like Master thief, it goes from the locked symbol to the unlocked symbol and changes color, just like the old ones.