Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE now has Serious Competition

degrida

3 minutes ago, NinthAria said:

You say that like "better and grander than what they have now" isn't already DE's modus operandi for basically every major update.

I suppose but shouldn't they have a grasp of creating open areas for planets much faster? And maybe making a quest for each of the planet's bosses so that players have an idea of why they're fighting those bosses in the first place. There are more ideas that I could list if you want.

Edited by degrida

Warframe is already one of the best free to play games on the market. Warframe has outlived the first destiny, the developers have good PR with the community, it’s beating destiny 2 despite the improvements it made, and at this rate it’ll likely outlive destiny 2. If bungie is really trying to compete with Warframe then they’ve lost already. Time for them to put out a new IP that could compete with Warframe if they do what’s necessary. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, degrida said:

I think it's high time for DE to show us something better and grander than what they have now because Bungie has just become independent and there is a good chance that if Warframe doesn't secure its place as THE best sci-fi mmolite game, Destiny will step up to the plate and claim that spot.

It's a little early for April Fools, ain't it?

• Like 1

Good.

Too many games with a great potential were shackled by «profits first, players are stupid, yay to lootboxes” mentality. If Destiny will crawl out of that pit, it will be awesome.

DE have a “players first” reputation (earned), but it is not that hard to look consumer friendly if everyone else go out of their way to shove lootboxes into everything. Maybe a little bit of competition will galvanize DE into removing certain new player traps from the Market, for example?

Edit: DE never had any problems with “next grand thing”. I heard they are going to blow up Gas Sity among other things this year.

Edited by rand0mname
  • Like 1

Bungie and De have a pretty good relationship with each other, unless that changed since the ALS ice bucket challenge way back...Contrary to the whole Warframe vs.Destiny arguments most players in both games play each one...Region chat is basically a Destiny AAA meeting where for while there everyone was basically talking about how their ex dumped them..then that tapered off and that wasn't good for Warframe because without Destiny to push De creatively and competitively they have no foil to stand out as different...

Plus this will be good for the coming Anthem and TitanFall 3 player base since it puts EA on notice if they get any ideas six months in after their initial launch..especially if Bungie tosses out all the predatory micro-transactions and makes a game for gamers instead of short term investors driving all the creative artists out due to greed...

I'm happy for the Destiny player base...this might shake off the stigma that was going to harm Destiny 3 and maybe just maybe it'll cause a ripple effect with these publishers killing the genera...YEAH RIGHT..but eh..stranger things can happen...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

6 hours ago, degrida said:

I think it's high time for DE to show us something better and grander than what they have now because Bungie has just become independent and there is a good chance that if Warframe doesn't secure its place as THE best sci-fi mmolite game, Destiny will step up to the plate and claim that spot.

Destiny is no competitor to Warframe, both games may revolve around grinding but they are totally different playstyles.

Also, Bungie has a lot of work to do to get rid of the predatory monetization that Activision pushed into the game.

Just to let you know, Destiny devs admitted during Pax in 2014 wile hugging [DE]Rebecca and [DE]Steve they had made Destiny inspired in Warframe. That being said im pretty sure Warframe`s crown isnt going anywhere.

6 hours ago, Rekkou said:

I swear Destiny threads are like saturday morning cartoon villains. 

"DESTINY WILL DEFEAT YOU WARFRAME"

Turned out Meh

"NEXT TIME I WILL DEFEAT YOU WARFRAME!"

1 year later

"WITH DESTINY 2 I WILL BEAT YOU WARFRAME"

Still meh

"NEXT TIME I WILL DEFEAT YOU WARFRAME!"

1 year later

"NOW THAT I AM FREE FROM ACTIVISON I WILL FINALLY BEAT YOU WARFRAME!"

You all know the rest

Thats Activision in an nutshell

Lets see what bungie can do now .. if they remove the paywall Tess from it then maby ,, i said maby .. iam starting to have intrest once again

But warframe will come always on #1 for me 

Digital Extreme can handle so much content and trying to keep it ongoing as much as possible they have proven to much that an game needs there community .. 

Destiny however doesnt need there community .. only money .. Warframe shows the diffrence

8 hours ago, degrida said:

Don't kid yourself, the Warframe Community does not consider Destiny a competitor.

Destiny and Warframe both are different enough, they both fall in the same genre and have many places where they should be compared, but it is like saying that Battlefield can't exist if CoD does (and vice versa).

If anything, Anthem looks like it might step on Warframe's toes a bit. That said, Warframe has the small advantage of five years of content piled up.

Wow.

With all the information available to someone with Internet access, literally most of human knowledge at their fingertips, some people still think that "Being Number One" in the eyes of a few Internet gaming pundits actually matters.

I mean, you may as well go back to thinking that 'what others think about you' matters.

One quite literally has to disregard reality to think "there can be only one", IMO.

These threads, on all games boards all the time, IMO, literally disregard reality.

9 hours ago, degrida said:

Bungie has just become independent...

So now there's some hope a grand old developer might be able to reclaim some of its past glory. Maybe.

Keep in mind this isn't the same team that made Myth, Pathways in Darkness, Marathon, or even Halo. Ask Marty O'Donnell about that...

We will see. They've got some serious bridge mending in front of them. 

Lol bungie take warframes place.. After playing both I can safely say their not even the same kinda game.. Warframe has something destiny doesn't have... Impact on the current instance, if I killed something it's dead until the next instance. 

Edited by Sibernetika

On 2019-01-11 at 7:12 AM, -Sentient- said:

Don't get too excited, because Railjack may be level 15 - 20 enemies aimed at Newbies.

Which is as it should be, since its not "endgame content" - at least AFAIK.

Its intended as an expansion of the play arena, with new mission types & play styles.

Anyway, back on topic, what makes OP think DE even care about Destiny, let alone that they are trying to compete with it? The games might belong in the same genre, but as far as I can tell they are very different in the detail. 

Edited by FlusteredFerret