Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please! Plaguestar event instead of another Ghoul event!

Uthak

Hello!

We keep getting ghoul events on the Plains of Eidelon, which is more annoying than anything for those players who already posess the codex entries and the weapons they drop, especially when said players want to farm jewels for example.  Could we get a Plaguestar event instead? That is fun, has a nice boss battle, and meainingful rewards. Bump if you agree!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Uthak said:

That is fun, has a nice boss battle, and meainingful rewards.

Did we play the same event? Plague Star is by far the worst event in the game. Discount Lephantis is a dead boring bullet sponge, the missions up to it take way too long and are the opposite of fun (oh, how I love to stay in the Cataclysm for 3 minutes straight), nothing about Plague Star is good. Not in this iteration anyway. The original version, yeah, that was fun, but somehow DE decided that the Hemocyst was too fun for players and scrapped it for Discount Lephantis, a crappy bullet sponge that will never feel rewarding to beat, no matter what Nakak sells you. I hope Plague Star is retired, frankly.

As for the ghouls, they're just an automated system rather than a proper event.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uthak said:

That is fun, has a nice boss battle, and meainingful rewards. Bump if you agree!

I'm not sure everybody sees Plague Star through the same rose tinted glasses that you do. personally I like the rewards, but that's the only reason I'd ever run Plague Star now. Hemocyte just isn't fun to fight anymore, especially in PUGs. our cheesing of Hemocyte with Ember is also what helped fast-track Ember's god-awful rework.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uthak said:

Hello!

We keep getting ghoul events on the Plains of Eidelon, which is more annoying than anything for those players who already posess the codex entries and the weapons they drop, especially when said players want to farm jewels for example.  Could we get a Plaguestar event instead? That is fun, has a nice boss battle, and meainingful rewards. Bump if you agree!

.....I don't think we're playing the same event.  PS is boring af.

Edited by (XB1)Thy Divinity
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

Did we play the same event? Plague Star is by far the worst event in the game. Discount Lephantis is a dead boring bullet sponge, the missions up to it take way too long and are the opposite of fun (oh, how I love to stay in the Cataclysm for 3 minutes straight), nothing about Plague Star is good. Not in this iteration anyway. The original version, yeah, that was fun, but somehow DE decided that the Hemocyst was too fun for players and scrapped it for Discount Lephantis, a crappy bullet sponge that will never feel rewarding to beat, no matter what Nakak sells you. I hope Plague Star is retired, frankly.

The only good thing about plague star is the formas

The Irony from all this, we get forma from lua and yet we get forma in the plague star and if we have it every 2 week it would be nice.  I prefer very month is fine, but a year or 2 its just trigger me which why would you set it every year or 2 which ppl hate to see and wait  plus its shouldn't be seasonal event to be fair which I think about the fallen plague star should of had their thing coming down faster because how much space junk they attend to blow it up and not only that the J8 golem that flying around its thruster butt (sorry, but I mean it does show the animation so its not my fault thinking that giant creature has a gas issue).  At the time being seeing that thing flying around should of had communicate itself cross at lest half galaxy and yet it could of send massive giant plague star to the plans already (or in Solaris area).  I mean the flipping infested are still intelligent creatures it shouldn't be that stupid because it got itself hold of Alad V and made unique prototype creatures, they could easily grab one infested 1 bro and just drop that thing where its needed to be.  Its not like the infested don't know how make infested hands just waving nothing just happen.

The Ghouls is sort of breaking logic code which we still find them even the event is not actived we still find them roaming around like bunch of catacomb skeletons that keep on crawling out its hole.  I said its enough its a enough to be unless they are going get infested ghouls then I change my saying and say "Fine we go with this" at lest long you have that plague star stand thing to pay, I want to my pay my points to get thous bloody wisp. Tired farming them in PoE annoying how long I have to look for one.

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

The Irony from all this, we get forma from lua

That's great, but it's not reliable of a farm. The Forma from the special music room (Octavia's Chassis) is not guaranteed, as well as the fact of how low of a chance Rare and even Reinforced containers can even spawn.

If you guys have a problem with the fun factor, maybe make recommendations to DE to make it fun.  >.> not 1 of you mentioned any SOLUTIONS to that...

Maybe if BOTH events were combined, then it could be fun? New infested ghoul units? Bombard ancients?  The ghouls could get infected, creating new horrific stuff for us to kill... Maybe the ghouls could get a proper boss too, so instead of having a pointless event every week, and a decent one every 6 months, maybe we could get 4 events per year with pretty much the same rewards, just maybe a little mixed up mechanics, and whatnot?

It's not that hard to think about it. Complaining only about it doesn't solve anything!

Edited by Uthak

DE won't make the event fun because they never actually improve old content. plague star itself was an incredibly lazy event made almost entirely out of recycled content, it was thrown together just to have SOMETHING happen on their ugly blight-hills.

they're not going to suddenly put work into it now when they're supposedly working on so many other major projects.

EDIT: the event had a pretty good reward structure and rate, though, which is really what people are after. it's too bad they have done absolutely nothing since to try using that reward structure on content that doesn't suck.

Edited by OvisCaedo

Pro tip. Range Loki can teleport the drone long distances...  But field of view can be an issue. 

I suppose Loki could troll this event to.  Hmmm. Nova works also, but it's hard to get it in the portal. 

Your bullet sponge boss only makes you mad because you have to gear differently due to it having a max damage effect. Harrow and Soma can make quick work of this, maybe some outside buffs. 

On its PS return it seems to mention it's getting more powerful, I would appreciate new missions and rewards to participate in, new Zaws, maybe kitgun parts... 

Same goes for Ghoul purge, I'm pretty sure we are supposed to be getting that Saw weapon for our own use, Steve seemed to have intended it. Who knows. 

7 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

And what old events are those?

I am just curious about what you are referring to.☺️

Heres a list of them: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Event

Most of them were used to introduce new features/ mission types/mods/map tiles. So no 'OH' factor like when they first came out.

Still, would be nice to at least see something old-new back or revisited.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Uthak said:

If you guys have a problem with the fun factor, maybe make recommendations to DE to make it fun.  >.> not 1 of you mentioned any SOLUTIONS to that...

What, can't extract nuance from posts? Let me give you my simple suggestions then:

1. Bring back the Hemocyte from the original release of Plague Star (NOT THE BULLET SPONGE)
2. Keep the timers in the missions consistent with normal bounties (aka lower the duration of timers)

Simple. The original Plague Star was fun (bar the timers still being 3 minutes, but back then defense bounties were 2 and a half minutes as well, which they reduced cause it was too long), then they ruined it with a ridiculous bullet sponge, while not respecting their own rules they set forth in between the two appearances of Plague Star.

I realized something...If the catalyst of infested meteor landed on PoE...wouldn't it there be bit of the infested still try kick in alive I mean like sort of God Eatter Game of talk science stuff that creatures should of have still remains should of infected the soil and they didn't have to start a new one?  I mean it seems logical of the infested become worm like creature until they find suitable host like a zombie 🤷‍♂️.  Oh well.

On 2019-02-11 at 12:00 PM, Gabbynaru said:

I can be the worst event but it has the best rewards...

2 hours ago, bibmobello said:

I can be the worst event but it has the best rewards...

What rewards, forma? I can farm platinum faster than I can farm that event, and have more fun staring at trade chat than playing that event. The rewards don't make up for how bad it is.