Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

Il y a 2 heures, Pacheon a dit :

I don't get your quoting. You are literally showing off a screenshot with her link ability just causing 4 damage ticks.

Do you not confuses if the dog is invincible? Damage is not the most important thing in this ability.

Trinity can redirect damage with a link. And its dps potential was completely killed. By this I do not understand why you require the dps potential from this ability. I understand if you required the shield to recover from this ability damage is done. But it's not, you just want to kill with it. It doesn't look like fun.

Maybe I'm wrong, but DE positioned it as a tank with good support. (orbs of energy with the ultimate not too bad a prospect, they are really very often fall). And I don't want these abilities are killed for the sake of a small increase to damage. Now it feels like a paladin, and I think it should be.

Poor Inaros  His skill inflict even less damage.

Edited by zhellon

I hope I am not to late the Feedback party but I wanted some time with her before I made any comment here. TL;DR

So first off All I want to say she is a complete badass and I love the looks/sound design of this warframe so much. I want her to be the best she can possibly can be so bad because I love the idea of her. And the Dash animation and sound is so good. 

Her overall abilities are great but there really are a few things that hold her back in my opinion. 

Passive: Great idea for this warframe the only problem is that it sometimes doesn't seem work right when activating it once before. What I mean by this is lets say my shield is completely removed and I am able to regain my full shield again within a second and right that second I lose my shield again. this time it doesn't seem to work. maybe there is a hidden cooldown or something of the sort but on higher levels it sometime is a pain when you get unlucky 

1. Balefire: So Balefire is pretty awesome, but with the recent release of the Opticor vandal. I really feel a few issues.

A. It really feels slow and clunky to use so much so that you need (Atleast) 2 firerate mods to compensate. and to be very honest the full charge doesn't really seem to be worth it at the moment. I would love to see in increase in its overall stats because the Status as well as the Crit chance leave much to be desired full damage is sadly not going to cut it on higher levels also the fact that when using Eagis storm you pull out a second Balefire seems to purely cosmetic a little bump of Damage would have been cool as well.

B. Like I said before with the most recent Opticor vandal (great weapon to use btw) this weapon just feels overall better. and since you are forced to use Balefire in Eagis storm It really needs to feel more Strong and Fun to play around with. Maybe a secondary fire mode where it shoots a continuous laser (?) 

C. Last point but not least. This is an issue overall with Hildryn the drain is just to much. When using her Aegis storm I feel like I can barely shoot these guns without running out of shield. Let alone use her Haven. (This is still bad when fully modded for efficiency and duration) 

2. Shield Pillage: This is the bread and butter of Hildryn in my opinion. but this is also the main issue of her.

A. The main issue I have with this abbilty is that its only potent against one faction. Corpus. against Grineer You barely regain any shields (tested modded for power strength) and against Infested she becomes unplayable. I do not know if this was intended but like I said before I love this warframe and I would love to put her against all the factions and not just take her out when I am going to do bounty runs in Fortuna I am not sure if this is possible from a design standpoint but maybe make it so it takes the shield charge from health or another source so she can be used against all factions effectively

B. This ability seems a bit weird and clunky at times. When casting this ability she (with a good amount of range) cast a circle around her that expends over a few seconds and then collapses giving her back her shields and removing status effects (The second part is also not in the description in the ability tab). This like I said before feels unnecessarily clunky to use. the main problem I have with it is the fact that most of time I just have to stand there in a group of enemies for a second or two before I can get my shield back (I know I can click it again for it to collapse but then it doesn't always seem to return shields then) also the fact that the status effect seems to only be removed when the circle collapses. This destroys her suitability so much since the status effects usually last around 5/7 seconds and the casting time for Shield pillage is 2 seconds at base. I would love for this to change to when the circle touches the enemies it returns the shield. and for the status effect to be removed automatically when you cast Shield Pillage  

C. Simple and short. Please let us be able to use Shield Pillage when using Aegis storm. in my opinion it would just create a more fun and smooth experience when playing her.

3. Haven: The Support ability. Makes Hildryn feel like a great team pick. I personally really like this ability but would like to see a few buffs to make it really feel great. 

A.  A sadly returning problem on Hildryn is the drain on this. I'ts not that bad when using it for allies but when enemies come in to play the drain really starts to take a hit. the thing is it doesn't feel useful when used against enemies at all. I like the fact that it does radiation damage so it gives a form of crowd control. but the damage is just really bad (tested with max damage) and honestly the buff on allies doesn't feel to potent either. the problem is that shields are not the best line of defense in this game. what I do love is the fact that the passive seems to apply to allies as well when using this ability. with that in mind I would love to see a change to the drain from enemies. and maybe give allies a form of damage reduction aswell. since the shields alone do not makes this ability feel worth it. 

B. The base range and Tracking/stickiness of this ability seems a bit odd. Allies need to stay really close to you in order for this to work a little bump in range wouldn't hurt. Also the ability doesn't seem to go through certain things like small walls or even small objects like a fence. 

4. Aegis Storm: The community called ''Anthem'' ability and it looks and sounds bad ass. 

A. Again a returning issue. The Drain. it wouldn't be a problem if Hildryn was completely invulnerable but when enemies also shoot at you at the same time. and this plus the drain of only this ability its just to much. 

B. Kind of the same point I made with Balefire you take out a Second Balefire but it doesnt give me a boost with anything no damage or range. and like I stated before since its your only form of damage in the air it would be great if it would give a boost in blast range or damage. also when using Balefire and Aegis storm together the drain is way to much. Also it would be great if you automatically take out Balefire when using this abilty since you cant do anything else when using Aegis storm. 

C. This ability sadly also feels kinda clunky it would be nice to be able use the awesome dash in the air as well. also the way you can fly up only for a little amount. sometimes makes you fall down when flying over a bridge or just fall of the map when flying over a cliff. and It just feels not very nice to use.

D. Again please let us be able to use Shield Pillage when using Aegis storm. in my opinion it would just create a more fun and smooth experience when playing her.

E. Again the sound design and looks of her abilities are absolutely amazing great job!

Overall an awesome looking and sounding Warframe but I feel like these are just a few points that would really help her out in the long run. 

Thank you very much for the long read everyone. and please excuse my grammar. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zhellon said:

I understand you want more damage. But it is a tank. It should not kill the look as Saryn or Mesa. This ability very similar to Phoenix Renewal, but no have 90 sec cooldown and save much better as it does not rely on HP. If it still will redirect the toxin and the slash on the shields of the allies, this is the best team ability in the game.

Nidus solo gamer, the team doesn't need him. 

Teams use nidus very often for organized farms to group enemies and therefore loot. He is also very useful for taking attention off of teammates. 

Also, Hildryn needs damage or something. She can't just be a one trick pony (tanking). Yeah her 4 gives cc but it isn't reliable at the moment. Many things such as things in the environment stop some enemies from being lifted. Also, you can't do anything in 4 except watch the enemies rise. Therefore, you need her 1 to do damage because what's the point of raising them to just watch them fall? Sure your teammates can kill them if they're near or even focusing on them...

Mesa can tank and has good damage.

Inaros is tank + CC

Nidus is support + tank + damage + CC.

Hildryn is just tank. She only does decent damage in low to mid level content and teammates still die even if you use her 3 because they don't have shield gating (armor on their shields) like Hildryn does. So you can't even call her support. And her 4's CC is very unreliable. She's a sitting duck in the air and not all enemies in the radius are CC'd a lot of times. To make the sitting duck state of her 4 worse... She can ONLY use her 1 which is so bad in the high levels.

Hildryn if done correctly could have been: Tank + CC + damage + support but right now she's only a tank. I at least want her damage buffed because her kit highly revolves around her 1. And yeah... 3 is useless in high level content with or without her 1 so...

This was not to bash your post but just to help people understand how flawed she is.

• Like 2

il y a 28 minutes, ShockBurst a dit :

Inaros is tank + CC

🤣

Sorry. You rigth. But ulimate Hildryn have bug and i hope DE fix this, what will make her CC more Inaros. 

il y a 28 minutes, ShockBurst a dit :

Hildryn is just tank. She only does decent damage in low to mid level content and teammates still die even if you use her 3 because they don't have shield gating (armor on their shields) like Hildryn does. So you can't even call her support. And her 4's CC is very unreliable. She's a sitting duck in the air and not all enemies in the radius are CC'd a lot of times. To make the sitting duck state of her 4 worse... She can ONLY use her 1 which is so bad in the high levels. . So you can't even call her support. And her 4's CC is very unreliable. She's a sitting duck in the air and not all enemies in the radius are CC'd a lot of times. To make the sitting duck state of her 4 worse... She can ONLY use her 1 which is so bad in the high levels.

1) Hildryn dont have armor on shield. I just tasted. Maby i wrong, but 5k her shield not equal 5k hp Inaros. Armor not work. Maby supershields, but realy, i dont have supershields 90% time. Shield gating even on redirecting penetrating through shields damage useless as it requires supershields which you simply can not be, if you are actively playing. 

2) if your allies shields fall, they get invincibility, which is separate from you. That is, they can restore their 225 shields and get invulnerable again.Yes, it requires action from both you and them, but that doesn't change the fact that it's the most useful ability after the old Trinity, which just made everyone invulnerable. But then again, toxin and slash the real problem, which is players just not as resisting, as for the weak at hp frames is oneshot. Hildryn at least has armor, as a protection against toxin. 

3) And again, she can charge energy allies with orbs. Hildryn minimum tank+CC+support already. Here you can also add and clearing of statuses. However, we still do not see the status of the allies and this is bad.

Edited by zhellon

As far as I know, this is the first warframe to be released before it can be farmed. THAT'S DISGUSTING! You have always been prided by the community for being fair about "almost anything game function you can farm for free eventually" granted with large grinding and resource harvesting requirements, which is fair trade off. It's honestly what first drew me to the game along with how awesome the game is to play. Comparing DE to other leading Free to Play platform style games you all used to be way ahead. But now what's unique? What's special anymore?

Some games require massive grind to play free and still have anything, some of them initially charge more to buy "free units" and the premium cost stays the same as the resources required to build it free drop later. But to be unable to harvest it at all until after at least a week of plat only purchase, and just starting down that road? This is a bad trend and will only get worse. In case you haven't heard it: we don't like that. The players, your community - we don't like that. We want to be able to build the frame with some grinding the same day we can buy it instantly for plat. You've caused umpteen amounts of players that wouldn't have bought it with plat, to buy into this new system. Congratulations. It's too late to boycott her, you've already beaten us there. Pretty sad honestly. -1 respect point guys.

• Like 1

Hello, 

Alliance was actively discussing hildryn and her abilities, 

I want to point out a few things which we thought of. 

Her first ability is an exalted pistol.. Why though? Can't you just make it a "shield throw" ability that just takes as much shields ? Why do I use a pistol which has no gimmick other than needing  shields as ammo. The fact that you are forced to use her pistol for both her 1 and 4 just makes it redundant. Her balefire is a complete waste of a slot according to me. Would suggest to replace it with a rush ability like atlas punch. Having a muscular frame like hildryn not use any punches or kicks just feels wrong. 

Her 2 is a good idea, but has some mechanical and stat issues, cleanse after the wave returns can get you killed, also am told its effect on armor is not as effective as on shields of enemies. 

Her 3 is OK I guess, the noise gets annoying real fast though. 

Her 4 is what we all had the biggest discussion about, we all unanimously agreed that the flight system is pointless and too slow to have any really utility. I personally think that it does not even suit her aesthetically or mechanically, when I imagined a body builder female that depends on shields, "she can fly" was not at all in my list of things that she can do. 

That is not it's only flaw, the enemies are stuck in an energy pillar... What? You just mashed revenants thrall pillar with a variation of bastille . I personally would have much rather preferred it was visually similar to Harrows chaining. The energy drop chance is nice though. 

It doesn't end there, it's an exalted ability effectively but you can't use the means to replenish shields, the enemies drop energy but, if you are flying you will be too far to get them for any effective use her 2 also can't be used so you are effectively on a timer and if you run out of shields the enemies are gonna tear you to pieces as they will no longer be CCd. 

But wait! There's more! She is forced to use her balefire pistol(s) exclusively and despite being two pistols they don't add any damage or fire rate or any special staticor like combined attack, her 1 and 4 is completely redundant. 

Please rework this ability from the ground up it fails thematically, it fails in utility (for self, it is acceptable for a selfless support player) , it fails as a movement ability, it is no better than her 1 for damage, sustaining it is a chore as well. We really felt that this ability was introduced more as a joke on a certain other game that released recently than an actual ability that is useful, 

Then onto her stats, she has 300 armor... Well that's nice, but since having her shields removed will effectively means she is at a point in time that her health is gonna go real fast too, can you make it so that armor affects the damage recieved by her shields? Not absolutely necessary, but would be a nice touch. Maybe half as effective or even a fourth as effective would still add a lot of samage reduction. 

Indirect impact thoughts:

I know it's a little too late but we would have much rather preferred that her exalted was an archgun and her pistol was a signature weapon from the market. 

Her pistol just lacks the flare that exalted weapons have in general. 

I'm overall happy with Hildryn, but there are a few things I like to be changed/fixed:

A. Shield Charger doesn't work if Hildryn's 3 or 4 are active, I feel this shouldn't be the case. Specially for her 3 since it's not a channeling ability and having your 3 active with a companion means constant shield draining.

B. Why is Balefire making you walk? Even without charging it, it stops any kind of movement, I understand if it makes you walk while charging, but it should reduce/stop your movement if you are shooting uncharged, this really discourage me to use the weapon

C. Remove Line of Sight from her 2 and 3, specially for her 2, it's already useless against infested/corrupted or in a full Corrosive Projection party, having her LoS requisite removed would make it easier to catch at least one of the armored/shielded enemies.

D. Shield Pillage and Infestation as it is now, Shield Pillage is useless against infestation or enemies with stripped armor (4 CP or Saryn), The basic solution would be for Shield Pillage to steal health if there are no armor or shields to absorb

E. Haven and 190% Efficiency/Duration, for some reason, Haven, which is not a channeling ability, is being affected by duration and efficiency beyond 175%

F. Aegis Storm is slow, make the sprint key move Hildryn faster while in Aegis Storm, it's painfully slow to move around.

G. Melee Channeling right now Hildryn can't even activate channeling, one solution would be to use shield instead of energy to do the channeling

H. Please DE make it happen! Make primaries work while on Aegis Storm, maybe at the cost of more energy drain. Balefire is already pretty powerful, so I suppose this restriction is just there to make you consume shield while you are on her 4, but I'd like to have some variety on my weapons while flying around!

Edited by Hackfield

hmm...after playing her for a bit....this is all based on my own opinion and the way I slotted and played this frame.

I am using the umbra vitality and umbra intensify for example, and streamline, and some range mods, and redirection and the prime vigor, along with a corrosive projection aura among other things

About her first power:

Her first ability has some range issues....at times it will go a very long range at other times it doesn't seam to go far.  I noticed this in orb valis shooting at long range enemies with it.

The radius blast is also a bit erratic as well...at times I can hit multiple enemies but most of the time a single target.   Also the damage report is a bit erratic too.  Since it does blasts I use it like a rocket launcher so I don't shoot the enemies but the ground for the blast radius if they run or jump a lot, and found sometimes it didn't seam to do anything as the radius of the blast was erratic.  Shooting and charging the bale fire also causes an extra slow down on movement for a second or two....I can understand while charging but not after as ingle single shot.  Thus running and gunning are not a very good option all the time.  It consumes 100 shields it looks like per shot, tried to change this with mods which according to the power page reports it should cost less but does not.  Charge up of the power is also erratic, at times I was able to one shot or take huge chunks of damage off a vehicle, again this was in orb valis doing the new fire fighting event.  But most of the time the charge up didn't seam to do much more then use a lot of shield energy for a normal shot.  Again erratic blast radius happened during the charge attack as well.

Her second power:

hmm....this one sometimes gets shield energy and sometimes does not.  It consumes more shield energy then usually what it gets back.  And doesn't seam to effect enemy shields enough to warrant it as a viable attack either.  Kind of find this power as it is a waste of time with no purpose.  I surrounded myself with enemies at times trying to use it, and it replenished 500 shields out of over 15 enemies...>_<;;  Not impressed.  The enemies caused more shield loss in 2 seconds then this power took over 5 seconds to achieve to give back.

Her third power:

This one...is...well with range enhancement it its ok....but it consumes a lot of shield energy to make it a waste of time again.  It provides an ally with a little extra damage output, for a heavy cost of hildren's shields.  The actual 2nd power does more damage and its horrible as an attack in my opinion.  This one doesn't defend very well and it has a very low radius.  It consumes a lot of shield energy based on each person in the radius.  I found the drain most of the time to actually be faster then when her shield recharges.  I just didn't get much out of this.  Maybe I need to slot differently, though intensify and other things didn't seam to help it at all.  Also most of the players I played with kept going out of the range of usage.  In addition they the other players killed faster then this paltry thing did anything of value.  Again....I think this power needs a serious rework.

Her 4th power works extremely well.  

This one does consume a lot of shields, especially the more enemies you effect by it.  I didn't see many blue orbs to recharge the shields....but that was fine...it worked well as a great way to stop the teleportation on top of the cannisters and the ones that jump and run fast to them during the fire fighting in orbvalis.  Its radius was a bit to get used to as it changed depending on your height.  But...using a controller I couldn't lower myself except doing the ground slam.  The ground slam from this, is very weak, doesn't do even any knock back, so I wont use it.  Not sure if that's intended.  I assume its weak because it doesn't use your melee weapon to do it.  Its damage wasn't a lot which is good, as I can see this is a definite crowd control thing.  But I felt it was a very useful tool at times.  Its radius was greater then the third power, and I noticed when I floated too high, the third power consumed energy but stop effecting the other players.  Tips said to use the third power while doing the 4th power.  I would say, never do that.  The shield drain is too great for that sort of thing, I did try many times, and it didn't help it hindered more then anything.

Oh and her innate power didn't always work.  I did some defense and survival missions and I am not sure which enemies of the infested actually caused health damage bypassing her shields but this was beyond just poison.  I was taking a huge shield and health hit.  In fact a few times I got one shot downed.  This also happened during a sorti in the void facing the corrupted corpus and corrupted grineer .

Again this is all my opinion based on my play time.  So my examples and experience are from actual play.

I do like the frame so far, but I find myself only using the first and fourth powers only.

Shield Pillage is awesome, but it puts Hildryn in a bit of a pre-rework Mag situation, where she's vastly better against Corpus than any other faction. In fact, she's got a really serious problem against Infested, because there's so little armor for her to drain and no shields to speak of. Against enemies without armor/shields to drain, Hildryn is really difficult to use. Even in a squad with three CP auras, Hildryn can really struggle.

Shield Pillage needs to have an effect on enemies that don't have shields or armor. Simplest idea is for it to just do health damage, maybe similar to tick damage on Haven. You wouldn't be able to get a huge amount of shields back, but at least you wouldn't be a total sitting duck.

Hi, 
Wanted to report an issue about Hildryns 3. Not sure how loud it is for a player playing her as I dont plan on paying for her but allies connected to her via 3 have to suffer listening to a loud noise and there's basically nothing me or other players affected by this problem could do besides just muting the game which for obvious reasons i don't want to do. Any chance you could mute/lower the sound? Its very annoying.
Thanks

• Like 1

So why can't we get her parts now and have to wait while it's already in the cash shop? That's a practice I can't condone and encourage. First the terrible grindy, uninspired wolf battle pass that removed catalyst alerts then this, when are you going to stop that crap?

7 minutes ago, MaryoSlayer said:

Remove the slow on her 1,give her 3 some damage reduction to make it worth to cast,make her aegis storm faster and let her use both of her balefire in her ult at the same time.Its all she needs.

I got a better idea for Aegis Storm: What if you could use her special roll while Aegis Storm is active? Functionally it's more like a dash anyway.

• Like 1

Balefire: Decent weapon, but I wouldn't choose it over an actual weapon. The only reason it's any good is because it "synergies" with Aegis Storm.

Shield Pillage: Almost complete garbage because of the line of sight restriction. This is how she survives, by stealing shields and armor, yet if the enemy is behind cover (Which most enemies are programmed to seek/deploy) then it becomes a paperweight. Removing status is nice, and so far I've only used it as such. But once you get to mid-high game, toxin and slash procs will almost insta-kill you unless you mod for health.

Haven: Drain is too high for what little damage it does to enemies. And considering it links to everything it can see, you'll run out of shields quickly if you aren't using a max Redirection and maxed Primed Vigor. The usefulness of a weapon, warframe, companion, and such shouldn't be dictated by rather or not you have access to an event item or a log-in item. The line of sight is also a huge problem since this is a game about mobility. As soon as you or an ally goes out of range, you're left playing with yourself. This ability completely contradicts itself. If you want to help allies, you need line of sight which opens you up to linking with everything on the map. If you want to deal damage, you want to lose line of sight to keep your energy and not care about your allies.

Aegis Storm: I have no idea what's going on with this ability. It seems as soon as an enemy goes under a hangover, I can't do anything to them, even if I can see them. And enemies who are in the marked zone are completely unaffected by this ability until I'm right on top of them, no matter how much range I add to it.

Stats -

Armor is completely useless for Hildryn. It doesn't affect the damage your shields take, only your health. Because you have no health, you'd need several thousand armor to survive, and the shield gating gives you enough time to duck and hide to restore shields so your health is never in any "real" danger once your shields go down. I'd honestly rather have 0 armor if it meant higher shield or health total.

Shields are this frames survivability and casting energy. If you lose your shields, a tiny 3 second invincibility won't save you. I would really like to see things like Energy Siphon and Zenurik's Energy Pulse somehow affect her shield recharge time, or how much shields she regains. As of right now, her innate dash Aura, the only decent Auras she has access to is Corrosive Armor (Which hurts her Shield Pillage), Enemy Radar, Mecha Empowered, and Sprint Boost. Hildryn can restore shields on energy orb pickup, and it appears that Arcane Energize restores her shields when it procs, so it shouldn't be hard to work Energy Siphon and Zenurik's Energy Pulse into recovering shields for her.

Health is almost non-existent. If you get hit by a high enough level poison cloud, you're dead before you can cleanse yourself with Shield Pillage. I really wish Quick Thinking and Gladiator Finesse would allow Hildryn to convert damage on health to damage on shields. I don't know how possible this would be, but it would be nice to see that added in, just to deal with shield ignoring status effects. Like I said earlier, shield gating really helps her survive once shields go down.

Edited by Hawk197

After having played her more, and forma'd her multiple times, this is my revised list of issues with the frame.

Passive: Is a solid enough passive, that is currently gimped by how her 2nd works.

Balefire: The movement slow/jump removal while charging needs to go. It feels so out of place. Additionally, the aoe radius is kind of poor. Lastly...this weapon needs a crit or status buff. It needs to be able to do one of the two at the very least. A minor thing as well...it always makes you draw your pistol, instead of your previously equipped weapon. Would be appreciated if this was fixed.

Shield Pillage: This ability is rendered useless by two things. The first, line of sight requirement. The second, that it only works off of armor and shields. This makes it give absolutely nothing back for shields under a number of circumstances. Corrosive builds, 4 CP, shield disruption, infested, etc etc all make this ability worthless. With how reliant on it she is to survive or to even be able to do anything, it needs to work equally across all factions/situations. It should work off of total health (shields + hp) for giving her shields back and the shield/armor removal can be a separate stat if needed for balance purposes.

Haven: First, the sound is rather irritating for anyone affected by it. Secondly, its cost vs what it does is not balanced. It either needs to be cheaper to use, or do more. Suggestions would be shield damage reduction, larger shield buff, damage that ramps up the longer its maintained or slow but constant shield regen for allies. Also, remove its line of sight requirement.

Aegis Storm: The CC from this ability is inconsistent. This seems to primarily be a problem on uneven terrain where enemies will be lifted/dropped over and over, which allows them to continue to act. Additionally, with the poor state of Balefire, having two of them isn't that great, especially when it seems like having two doesn't even do anything different from having the one. Shield Pillage should be usable during this ability, and we should have an option of using our weapons, not just Balefire (unless you buff it so its worth using, in which case, please make it activate them automatically) Lastly, the maneuverability could use some work, like faster/more precise movement, and maybe even making the dash usable in the air. Wouldn't mind if we could rez people during it either.

The idea for the frame is solid, it just needs a bit of polish and it'll be a great addition to the line-up.

• Like 1

Hello! Loving Hildryn. I've been waiting for a new "top 5" frame for a while. So glad to add Hildryn to that mix! I think she's great, but there are a few opinions I'd like to share.

- Absolutely love her stances.  ❤️ 

- I feel like I'm missing something with her dodge. Is it just a new animation? It's a very cool animation! But, I would really surprised it didn't knock enemies down or that I couldn't use it as some form of minor upward thrust. A small knockdown on this would be great. Or! It's likely I'm just missing something here. I thought at first maybe it carried your forward momentum a bit or it was slightly longer than the roll, but this doesn't seem to be the case. 

1. The slow walk during her first ability isn't fun and I have no idea why she even does that. It looks really goofy. Nothing like a big and strong frame to do. I could understand if she summoned the massive weapon platform that she carried strapped to her back or something, but it's just a little hand beam thing. Removing the walk would be amazing. Maybe even add the ability to dodge during the charge. It also swaps back to your Secondary weapon after using it. It would be nice if it swapped back to whatever weapon you had before. This is more of a "learn-to-play" issue. But! The hitbox on this projectile is extremely small. Maybe add a tiny bit of tracking to it? You can miss smaller stationary enemies when your reticle is red because of small the hitbox is for it. 

2. Her two is either really great or really not. The scaling with non-shielded enemies can be a little bit of an issue. It's not as detrimental that Mag's effectiveness is increased against Corpus since she still has options when her abilities are slightly weaker. Hildryn does have issues when she can't replenish her shields, it completely shuts her down. Not being able to use it during her 4th ability also isn't fun but I get why y'all didn't allow that. I'll talk more about this later. 

3. I'm not 100% understanding her 3rd ability. Mostly not understanding why it doesn't affect objectives. The buff it provides seems to be very slim. Not totally useless! It may be because I'm running with 155% strength and that isn't enough. I pretty much only toggle this on when Arcane Aegis procs. Otherwise, it feels like a bad use of her shields. Feels really weak over level like 40ish missions.

4. Her 4th ability is the reason to play Hildryn. Feel like Iron Man! I really enjoy it. BUT! Still some issues. Her two becomes unusable. I get that it was probably a balance decision. Can we maybe have her 2nd ability change while in Aegis Storm mode? The part that really doesn't feel like Iron Man is the lack of explosions and general weapon prowess. Maybe allow her two to become a missile of some kind? It can deal damage is a small area and refund some shield back to Hildryn (not enough to pay for itself) if it deals damage. It can restore some shield if it hits an ally. 

Much like Garuda was when she released, she's just a few tweaks away from being amazing. Looking forward to Hildryn's future! 

- Pyrana Prime's animation for the second weapon doesn't function properly on Hildryn. 

Edited by SkyCakeLight

The problem with Haven is that it supports everyone but the Hildryn so it discourages being cast due to its nature of draining shields. I very much think it should provide a damage reduction on all incoming damage only to Hildryn that increases as her shields get lower. 

For example at max shields or overshield it would sit at 50% then at half 75% then at a quarter 90%, I think this would help a lot with her tanking damage as right now as others have stated shields are just inferior to health as health is protected by armor.

There are a lot of things about Hildryn that could be better. I really love her theme and her animation sets but she for sure needs some work. There are a lot I could say about her abilties and how they could be better but it seems a lot of people have covered that. What I haven't seen talked about (at least not much) is that it doesn't make sense for a strength trainer/bodybuilder type Warframe to fly. Theme wise it has nothing to do with shields or her overall theme. I think that ability needs replacing because it's not what I think of when I think of a shield/bodybuilder. Also her Balefire with her 4 could use some improvement (if you guys insist her 4 stays the same) like maybe she has more than just her Balefire pistol in her 4. It says in her description that you rain down Balefire and so on. But she still only has her tiny pistol. Maybe if she could shoot a bunch of the Bale rockets everywhere like a Hellion to make it feel like she really is raining down terror. But I'd still much prefer her 4 get's swapped out completely. Maybe and exalted weightlifting machine of some kind?😂Ok on a serious note I think she would be cool if she had like an exalted shield with her gun. Maybe the shield could look like those energy shields she has in her 4 or her dash?

One more thing regarding her aesthetically. 

When I color her primary (the part that colors her core and front of legs) with a darker color, the parts of her where her muscles are seem really faded. I can't use a lot of colors because they appear really faded on her where her muscles really show. And on top of that her secondary color is less saturated on her arms than it is on the rest of her. Maybe make the saturation on her arms to match the rest of her?

Seriously?... a testosterone enhanced female frame?... wtf is the designer thinking?.. If it was a male frame then i think I would understand, but wtf is wrong with the designer ? fetish over  bodybuilding women?... GOD this is really a put off for me.. just when i was returning to warframe..maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Hey, after playing some more with Hildryn, i can properly say what she needs to be a better Warframe. She's not in a perfect state right now, and she needs some small changes to make her the "Shield Pillage" type of Warframe that you want her to be.

1. Balefire

How to improve:

Increase explosion radius from 3 meters to 5 meters.

Increase base stats of Balefire Charger:

Critical chance increased to 15.0% from 5.0%

Status increased to 20% from 10%

Decrease charge rate from 2 seconds to 1 second.

2.Shield Pillage. LoS Requirement makes this ability usless unless it's in open space.

How to improve:

Increase duration from 2 seconds to 2.25 seconds.

Remove the LoS Requirement.

Increase Radius from 8m to 10m

Shield stolen from enemies 25% (Unchanged) ---> Armor stolen from enemies 35% (Up from 25%, same as the shield enemies).

3. Haven LoS Requirement makes this ability usless unless it's in open space. Additionally it's range it's terrible.

How to improve:

Activation cost reduced to 100 from 250

Drain / Enemy reduced from 25 to 10

Radius increased to 20 meters from 15.

Remove the LoS Requirement.

Increased damage to 250 from 200 (Radiation element unchanged)

4. Aegis Storm. Very good design, only garbo thanks to bad numbers. It's like nerfed , reworked Ember all over again.

How to improve:

Drain / Enemy reduced from 25 to 5 (removed).

Radius increased from 15 meters to 30.

Remove the range decrease the higher you go while using aegis storm.

Balefire now it's free to cast and shoot during Aegis Storm.

Slam damage increased from 500 to 2000.

Edited by m3stuart

I'm really enjoying Hildryn. Just a few issues though. 

Buff her 1st. Maybe 15% crit and 15% status? It shouldn't be too op but it's just straight up underwhelming right now. Also fix the slow when using it. 

Her second should do at least a debuff on enemies without shield or armour. Did an infested mission. Was not fun. 

Why is her third doing damage? Maybe make it do RAD procs instead with low status chances? Or better yet take the debuff from her 2nd and add it here. So consecutive debuffs based on current value over time would be more useful right? 

Her fourth, at least make it able to do her dodge and maybe a faster "sprint" mode. Way too slow even with a volt buffing you.