Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think WF needs to redeifine what "undetected" means...

(XBOX)Star Gazer2

(On Xbox) So I was playing a Sortie earlier where the third step was exterminate. I went Nova to help make the enemies easier to kill, can't remember what my team mates were. Anyway, we rush through the mission blowing up everything, explosion and screams everywhere. When we finished I got a completion notice from Nightwave (complete extermination mission with lvl 30 or higher enemies without being detected). I'm just imagining, looking back at the trail of destruction behind me without a care about stealth and ask, "You called THIS undetected?!"

Not giving time for your targets to say "ouch" is a form of stealth, one way or another. Complain about it can make DE turn our lives harder...

It could be written "no alarms raised", i agree. But it could be worse, like Assassin's Creed undetected, which means you can't be seen.

Imagine "not being seen" as a challenge in our world of trigger happy and fireworks loving "ninjas"... I can imagine the flames. Can you?

Edited by renleech
  • Like 1

The challenge is apparently poorly worded.  There are Riven challenges where undetected means "Never get spotted or put any enemy in full Alerted state."  This Nightwave challenge apparently just means "Never let anyone live long enough to trigger an alarm."  I think I did this and the first of the "complete 5 sorties" at the same time, solo on Ivara.  Prowl, take out Heat Dagger with Covert Lethality.  Sneakity sneak, stabbity stab.  Not detected, no alarms raised, "Enemies have extra armor" condition from the Sortie neutralized.  Now I just have to finish four more Sorties.  😞  I normally do about two a month.  There's a huge list of conditions that fall into the "Not even slightly worth it" category, like Radiation or almost all boss fights.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

The challenge is apparently poorly worded.  There are Riven challenges where undetected means "Never get spotted or put any enemy in full Alerted state."  This Nightwave challenge apparently just means "Never let anyone live long enough to trigger an alarm."  I think I did this and the first of the "complete 5 sorties" at the same time, solo on Ivara.  Prowl, take out Heat Dagger with Covert Lethality.  Sneakity sneak, stabbity stab.  Not detected, no alarms raised, "Enemies have extra armor" condition from the Sortie neutralized.  Now I just have to finish four more Sorties.  😞  I normally do about two a month.  There's a huge list of conditions that fall into the "Not even slightly worth it" category, like Radiation or almost all boss fights.

If it was just no alarms, then I would of gotten it with Sortie 3 yesterday, which was in the Void and has no alarms. And I did not. Sortie 3 however was Exterminate, which for a Sortie, means all the enemies start out at full alert.

Edited by IspanoLFW

It was a bit of a weird one this one for me.

The group I was in got undetected awarded on yesterdays sortie, my clan mate was using saryn, while I didn't get it when using inaros and melee.  No alarms triggered or anything but obviously I was a bit more visible than others so I wouldn't assume no alarms is the requirement. 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

The thing was just worded wrong. They just wanted you to do an Extermination with no alarms triggered. 

What's especially baffling is that it shares its wording with a MUCH stricter Riven Challenge. In the Riven version of "undetected", if any enemy ever gets proof-positive that a Tenno is on-board, the Riven challenge is insta-fail. (The enemies ARE allowed to become "suspicious" if they see a dead body, but that's about it)

• Like 1

This challenge should have been worded "without raising the alarm" because near as I can tell that was the real trigger.

Honestly, they should probably make normal stealth challenges "without raising the alarm" and make the elite ones "without being detected."

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Momaw said:

Tenno dictionary:

Stealth - noun - the state of there being no survivors to notice your squad doing things

When your squad murders them so efficiently they haven't even realized they are dead till your squad has left 

What bothers me is that when you are on the planes or in fortune always the #*!%ing enemy knows where you are that is this super dumb, you quietly in invisible mode, fishing and troops fall near to kill you, but if you are in some other mision doing allota of damage, noise, explosion and that kinda of S#&$ stuff they not even noticed you, they have "cameras" 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Star Gazer2 said:

"You called THIS undetected?!"

can't be detected if there's nobody alive to detect you.

Image result for roll safe

I just did the usual trick: ran Adaro with Loki, melee only, spam Invis, and make sure to run and hide before recasting. could also be done with Ivara but didn't want it to take that long.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Star Gazer2 said:

(On Xbox) So I was playing a Sortie earlier where the third step was exterminate. I went Nova to help make the enemies easier to kill, can't remember what my team mates were. Anyway, we rush through the mission blowing up everything, explosion and screams everywhere. When we finished I got a completion notice from Nightwave (complete extermination mission with lvl 30 or higher enemies without being detected). I'm just imagining, looking back at the trail of destruction behind me without a care about stealth and ask, "You called THIS undetected?!"

Oh, thank you! I was planning on completely ignoring that one, because I hate the riven challenge version, and I have zero real stealth frames. But this was the easiest elite challenge yet, so thanks for the info 

Funny thing. I went with a clan mate to do the undetected.He was in Ivara and invisible the entire time and did not get completion. 

I was in Loki and fell out of invis every 15 seconds and got completion.

The only thing we could figure out is that they heard him.

BTW, no alarms were sounded..

7 hours ago, (PS4)obsidiancurse said:

There are no alarms in the void but not everybody who did the sortie exterminate got the nw task, I didn’t. Either it’s buggy or there’s a parameter we don’t know about.

Void (and Infested) missions seem to use a different type of alert system. You'll notice that if you go loud to kill enemies, the next group will be alerted to your presence, even if they hadn't spawned at the time.