Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

4 часа назад, (NSW)Hermy сказал:

that's why i think that maybe some of the challenges like gilding & format could be replaced by difficult challenges for high level players

Thats kinda how it is already: there are challenges for newer players (like formaing stuff) and challenges for more seasoned players (like 8 rounds of ESO). And I think we're supposed to choose which are better suited for ourselves and skip others. BUT. The problem is we all feel like we have to finish them all, because it's so not apparent whether or not we can get to our desired reward in time: the length of the season is unknown, no indication of your "progress rate" and estimated result - you have to bring up a spreadsheet to figure it out - stress levels are high! 

Maybe DE should work on these things now and not just remove challenges/tasks left and right, 'cause... players probably never stop asking to remove challenges they don't like while they feel like they absolutely have to do them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

You are all veterans and i understand if you don't want to format or gild weapons, but for me who didn't do that before it really motivated me. please consider more the newer players, they are really important too.

that's why i think that maybe some of the challenges like gilding & format could be replaced by difficult challenges for high level players

But, you don't need a Night Wave task to forma things. All it does is stop you putting forma on things when you want to, and force you to wait for the task to come around.

Edited by (XB1)Tatakai no Kami
  • Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XB1)Tatakai no Kami:

But, you don't need a Night Wave task to forma things. All it does is stop you putting forma on things when you want to, and force you to wait for the task to come around.

Yeah, but as a new player it motivates you to build & use forma. it took me around 200hours to figure out that forma is not only used to build rooms in the dojo 😅 I also build my first amp because of nightwave. (But didn't know you hat to have to have even higher standing to gild it...)

6 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I did the maths previously. You can achieve rank 30 in 10 weeks by only doing the easy 4.5k challenges and the dailies each week and only1 of the 7 K challenges over the entire time. If you're getting more than 3 ranks a week, you will be fine. No need to panic. if you're doing all the dailies, 4 of the easy and one of the 7k tasks each week, you will get there well before the time is up. Also as you only need 30k per week, that's 69% of the points per week closer to 60% than to 85%.

To make is simple you can skip 2 tasks a week and you'll be fine. If you do all of them one week, you can skip more of them in a later week.

"69% of the points per week" does not equal 69% of the tasks. If there are 7 daily, 5 weekly, and 2 elite weekly tasks per week, and we can get away with skipping 2, that's 85.7% of tasks needed for completion.

Edited by Kenobi_000001

8 hours ago, chaotea said:

Damn, I just build 3 Zaws for when this one came back around 🙂

As for the bug, I had it too, but I compleated the 150 melee kills in one mission, got the night wave xp for it but still had the challenge reset. Doing the challenge a second time removed the challenge, and didnt give more points. So it may be a UI thing.

That’s a second UI bug that’s happened to me too.

But the main, aggravating one is when you manage 100/150, complete the mission and go back only to see 0/150 again. I’ve had one via intermission and.. I think it was the x amount of bounties one. I had three completed, then during the fourth it reset (I literally watched it go from 3/8 to 0/8 when it flashed on my screen in game). You don’t get the points for those so you have to do it all again.

Edited by (PS4)corpusbonds

I'll just copy my post here (and add to it) not that it will likely make any difference... some of the most complained issues on challenges were left in the challenges after all...

Honestly I just haven't felt like I've wanted to do nightwave 2.... I'm literally 'forcing' myself to do some because I want things like the umbra forma and other stuff an mr27 wants at the far end of the rewards... why they couldn't all be in the cred store instead and every week just gives you a load of creds I have no idea, there was pretty much unanimous approval for plague star rewards (you do more runs you get more stuff) and then DE basically just ignored it since outside the half baked arbitrations rewards...

The funny thing is that I wasn't a fan of nightwave 1, felt too much like a chore but did it because I wanted the goodies, nightwave 2 feels exactly the same as nightwave 1, arguably worse because there is less to pick from (I am still a strong supporter of MORE challenges to pick from not less). 

But because of ONE simple factor I didn't mind doing intermission, that one thing (and I was chatting with another clan mate who felt the same just today) that made intermission 'better' was the smallest of changes, the reward per challenge was higher so we actually felt rewarded for doing the chores, yes it would make it quicker to max out but it just made it feel better to do, return versus effort was better essentially.

As to the challenges (most of which left over from before...) -

• I don't want to do 12 beacons on disruptions for 4.5k.
  • I don't have anything left to gild (I was lucky I had one left over on purpose for nightwave 2), I am not going to build a new item just to gild it for nightwave
  • I don't necessarily want to waste forma on random items if I have nothing to forma, new players may also feel they must buy forma seeing as it's in the first week...
  • I don't want to do things I've already 'completed' like PoE bounties or syndicate missions
  • Like 2

Perhaps what would be better is options.

Rather than 'this act is do this thing', you have options as to what to do to fulfill that act. So you might have to slot an ayatan, or you could just go collect X stars. You don't need to do both, fulfilling either completes the act.

Give each act 2 or 3 things that you could do to complete it, so if someone absolutely hates or can't do a thing, they have other options to get those points.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-13 at 2:52 AM, Kenobi_000001 said:

"69% of the points per week" does not equal 69% of the tasks. If there are 7 daily, 5 weekly, and 2 elite weekly tasks per week, and we can get away with skipping 2, that's 85.7% of tasks needed for completion.

Well if you want to put it like that if you skip the daily tasks, and do the two 7k and 4 of the 4.5k tasks. that's less than 43%.
Or you can just go with that you need 69% of the points.

Please fix the bug where some challenges are already completed during the start of the weekly reset with no way to gain standing from them. This is the second week in a row it's happened to me and it's obvious it's linked to the catch up mechanic from the intermission. I'm literally missing more than half my standing from these two weeks because of this and if it keeps up there is literally no way for me to complete the nightwave.

Edited by .Dracula.

My biggest concern with Nightwave is having the time to do it. Both me and my partner are warframe players, me at MR27 and her at MR23. We are regular players, even around my stupid work hours. Alerts were nice 'hey let's do that' but nightwave has forced what we do, and we try in our clan to arrange to do things together around everyone's work lives, which is a royal pain. But back to my original point, it's the time:

In 5 weeks me and my partner are expecting our first child. Safe to say my play time will be significantly reduced. Warframes drop in and play mechanics were great. Now our question is how are we meant to do Nightwave and raise our newborn? Our child comes first, but we could get locked out of umbral forma as a result.

I understand Nightwaves concept of giving players something to do, but Nightwave is just a chore.

1 hour ago, .Dracula. said:

Please fix the bug where some challenges are already completed during the start of the weekly reset with no way to gain standing from them. This is the second week in a row it's happened to me and it's obvious it's linked to the catch up mechanic from the intermission. I'm literally missing more than half my standing from these two weeks because of this and if it keeps up there is literally no way for me to complete the nightwave.

The daily challenges last 3 days, they will show as completed at the beginning of the week. But I see no new daily challenge today.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

The daily challenges last 3 days, they will show as completed at the beginning of the week. But I see no new daily challenge today.

I'm talking about weeklies. There is a bug where weeklies aren't resetting. Why do none of you listen? You get brand new weeklies, but half are already completed. It's a bug and it has to do with the catch up mechanic they added in the intermission. When I look at the nightwave half my weeklies are already completed day 1 of the weekly reset with no standing. I'm missing like 30k standing that I can never get back because of it.

Edited by .Dracula.

13 minutes ago, .Dracula. said:

Why do none of you listen? You get brand new weeklies, but half are already completed.

Because no one else is having this happen? I have three Nightwave missions completed already. Two are two dailies done, and one weekly that I did two hours ago. You might want to make a bug post with screenshots and other evidence of your issue. It is not happening for me. Other people also do not seem to have the issue. But making your own thread might help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

Because no one else is having this happen? I have three Nightwave missions completed already. Two are two dailies done, and one weekly that I did two hours ago. You might want to make a bug post with screenshots and other evidence of your issue. It is not happening for me. Other people also do not seem to have the issue. But making your own thread might help.

I have posted about it twice both weeks it happened and I've seen plenty of other posts about it in the bug section.

3 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

I have no daily challenge either, but I did get the do 3 captures 'jailer' mission even though it isn't showing in the nightwave screen. Gave me 4500 nightwave standing.

5 hours ago, .Dracula. said:

I'm talking about weeklies. There is a bug where weeklies aren't resetting. Why do none of you listen? You get brand new weeklies, but half are already completed. It's a bug and it has to do with the catch up mechanic they added in the intermission. When I look at the nightwave half my weeklies are already completed day 1 of the weekly reset with no standing. I'm missing like 30k standing that I can never get back because of it.

I have never seen this catch up mechanic. And I have never seen Weekly tasks show as completed without completing them. But today I have no new daily. So anything is possible.

Have you submitted a bug report to customer support?

Edited by (XB1)Tatakai no Kami

I started nightwave as noob in season one and became a semi-vet while playing it tought me the premis of the game nd i got very comfortable with the elite challenges nd felt they were more rewarding with elite challenges being worth (9,000 Vageeta voice) and 5,000 for weekly task. The first week of series 2 i completed all but the modular guild nd only went up 3 lvls with elites now being 7k nd 4500 for weekly is simply just a grinfest  and it just plain ol sucks. Ps to make it easy for noobs why not base challeges off of mastery rank to avoid repeats of annoying task.