Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Regarding the Gild challenge, we have removed it from any future weeks so it won't appear again this Series.
As for your bug... we will look into that.

excellent. now taking out the Forma one and the Ayatan one entirely ( because waiting for a potential NW task shouldn't litterally prevent us from using our ressources "in case" a nightwave task appears ) would finish the list of tasks that prevent ressource usage from popping ever again.

My concern is the completion requirement for this season - last season I think the "capture fugitives" in mission 'procs' made for a relatively large rep cushion.  This season, with each challenge worth more, I feel like there is a mis-perception regarding the amount of "skip/missable" challenges to rank out. 

I thought I heard (and if this is wrong this may invalidate my issue) that the plan is for a 10 week nightwave s2 - exactly 10.  Now at this point, other than the gilding and syndicates. maybe a few dailies, I've done all the stuff, and just barely made rank 3 After the sydicate mission, that'll leave me at 3.5 for the week. 10 weeks at 3ish ranks per week assuming almost 100% completion would be barely finishing at rank out.

To me, that doesn't indicate "do 60% and hit rank 30".  Basically I'm reading this as "do 85%-90% or don't rank out". unless there is going to be some extra rep gain built in like the fugitives.  I'm out of the house due to work 12h/day 5d/week and so I can't say I'll always have time for the dailies, even with it saving 3 at a time for us to catch up. 

Not asking for spoilers for the rest of s2, but speaking generally, is the goal to maintain the "60-65% and you'll rank out" or is the lower number/higher value challenges changing the math on that to require almost full completion?

Edited by DesertEagle1280
clarity
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Bravo. Was starting to think the dev team wasn't listening, or were a little sadistic. (now, pretty please, reconsider the Forma-remove and Ayatans down to 1, since Maroo's can be essentially guaranteed as a weekly activity, but the rest boil down to RNG or trading. I have enough that it'll likely never bother me, and would be easy inventory checks, but that's all it is, or a major hassle for others.)

(as to the bug, I encountered it several times in past weeks, though not during the current Season. This was not because I hadn't relogged in after the Nightwave went live, it was almost always even after the Sunday daily reset, after I had gotten my login rewards. Just to help pinpoint what's going on. I'd complete a challenge, Nora would praise me, and then I'd return to the orbiter, and it would not be complete. Happened at least 3 times, at least twice with dailies - once the bullet jump act, once the kill a certain number of enemies, and I was playing solo.)

Bug happens to me regardless of the time. I thought it was because I was doing it as rollover happened, but yesterday morning (my rollover is 8pm est), the sword dance one was at 100, didn’t complete it in a mission and went back to see that it had reset. 😔

Just to add on.

Il y a 3 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Regarding the Gild challenge, we have removed it from any future weeks so it won't appear again this Series.

Thank you so much about the removal of this gilded challenge, because, as a Veteran player, i'm very disapointed about creating new modular things i've already builds (not a necessity for me to have an other, for Xps or personal use)

36 minutes ago, DesertEagle1280 said:

I thought I heard (and if this is wrong this may invalidate my issue) that the plan is for a 10 week nightwave s2 - exactly 10.  Now at this point, other than the gilding and syndicates. maybe a few dailies, I've done all the stuff, and just barely made rank 3 After the sydicate mission, that'll leave me at 3.5 for the week. 10 weeks at 3ish ranks per week assuming almost 100% completion would be barely finishing at rank out.

To me, that doesn't indicate "do 60% and hit rank 30".  Basically I'm reading this as "do 85%-90% or don't rank out". unless there is going to be some extra rep gain built in like the fugitives.  I'm out of the house due to work 12h/day 5d/week and so I can't say I'll always have time for the dailies, even with it saving 3 at a time for us to catch up. 

I'm reaching the same conclusion over here. Just have a couple more challenges I can do, and I will just make rank 3, making, as you said, about 90% completion needed just to hit rank 30 in 10 weeks. From what I saw on the season 2 announcement, it will run for a minimum of ten weeks, but they admitted they don't even have an end date yet, so we have no idea how it will run.

1. Nightwave creds need to be consistent throughout the entire Nightwave, for each rank
Those who need the rewards from the creds shop the most have the hardest time doing all acts each week (usually the newer players). Those who can do every acts don't need most of what the shop has in stores. Additionally, Prestige grants credits, but the people who can reach that are, again, the people who need cred shop items the less. Credit gain was my first worry and criticism before release and still is to this day, even with the increased number of creds spread out in the Nightwave itself. I believe at the very least, each rank should give a number of credits, maybe 5 or 10.

As another example of possible solution, if we still have a similar "fugitive capture" system in this one (currently we don't...), players should be given credits with EACH rank ups and each fugitive captures because of the points of my first post. That way, newer players can get rewarded more often and make purchases from the shop, and it rewards people from simply playing the game.

2. Bounty counts should be for bounty STAGES, not complete bounties
Halving the numbers may not change the low engagement in bounty variety for Nightwave by design. People may still be inclined on picking the lowest tier bounty and repeating that task (or Stage 2 of Profit-Taker if it's on the Vallis) because that's the quickest and most efficient solution. Technically, you're being punished (in time investment) for doing higher tiers. Reducing from 10 to 5 will not change that fact.

Proposed change: count the Bounty STAGES instead of whole bounty. For example, if you make it 15 stages required for a weekly, it will take 5 runs of low-tier bounties (which would match the 5 total bounties of your current proposed change), 4 runs of mid-tier, or 3 runs of high-tier. This may make players feel less strong-armed to play low bounties on repeat, as we won't be "penalized" in time-investment for picking higher tiers. Rather, we'll be rewarded if we're able to handle that tier. You'll also be able to kill two birds with one stone should higher-tier bounties have rewards you're looking for (Augur Secrets, etc).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, R4IDEN_ said:

You get atleast 3 forma for free from Nightwave anyway and on top of that with the challenge they also relesed a new prime and 2 new weapons and Plague Star ended not that long ago. Just because you are one of the many lazy long-time players who always cry becasue they have to do something for rewards doesn't mean the rest of the community don't need to forma stuff. I have everything formad atleast 4-6 times and I don't cry because I need to forma something in fact I try out new and different builds that needs forma so its a win-win... you act like as a player who don't have hundreds of forma or resources to craft them btw. 

I only have 4 forma left and not enough time to waste farming for it, just because you have time and resources doesnt mean others are lazy.

It would be good to have 3 forma as a reward instead of wasting the few that i have just to get them back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Glad to hear it! I look forward to more game play related challenges to run.

Its a annoying inconvenience that i have to check my inventory for which weapon skins i dont have each time a new Nightwave offering rolls in because the skins are purchaseable blueprints.

It would be nice if blueprints showed a "already crafted" tag on it if we hovered our mouse over it and the item the blueprint makes is in our inventory.

Edited by Hieracon
I feel blind now for not seeing it.

20 minutes ago, Hieracon said:

Its a annoying inconvenience that i have to check my inventory for which weapon skins i dont have each time a new Nightwave offering rolls in because the skins are purchaseable blueprints.

It would be nice if blueprints showed a "already crafted" tag on it if we hovered our mouse over it and the item the blueprint makes is in our inventory.

That's literally how it works... there's a symbol that looks like the foundry symbol that shows you if you have the crafted item, and there's a checkmark if you own the blueprint. That shows when you hover the item. 

2 hours ago, Kenobi_000001 said:

I'm reaching the same conclusion over here. Just have a couple more challenges I can do, and I will just make rank 3, making, as you said, about 90% completion needed just to hit rank 30 in 10 weeks. From what I saw on the season 2 announcement, it will run for a minimum of ten weeks, but they admitted they don't even have an end date yet, so we have no idea how it will run.

Well I'm happy to hear I may have misheard then - if it's 10 *minimum* that would be good - seeing at any less would make it almost impossible to rank out without doing every single rep point you can grind.  I think at least 12 should be considered the standard - again barring "extra" rep sources that we may not know about yet, 12 weeks would give a little wiggle room,

I think if someone really ground every single existing challenge, weeklies and dailies, they could hit 4 ranks/week just barely, but that's without skipping anything at all.  If we assume most people will do most challenges, but skip a few at least every few weeks, 12 would give a chance to make up a week or two worth of misses especially with the catch up mechanic we hav enow, that's also going to count if someone may be on vacation, out of town, have a big IRL project that takes them away from the game, etc.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I would like to see the same for the forma related one, even if it were reduced to polarizing once it would be better than the current one.

>Gilding challenge removed

Thank you. I give you guys a lot of S#&$ over the bad(particularly in the melee feedback thread), so I gotta make sure to express how much I appreciate when you do good. Maybe it could be replaced in the future with 'kills with a modular weapon'?

Anyway, thanks.

Now on to the forma challenges! And the Ayatans one!

So for those worried about not having something like the saturn six inmates to harvest bonus rep from, heres what I think:

We haven't had this version of that introduced yet. My reasoning is this: For our big baddy we will have the Emissary who was teased in one of the info drops on this nightwave season. 

Now as the harvest support I suspect we might have the disciples that the noggles are based off as our new inmates: Not dangerous enough to be the major threat, but serious enough to be a concern.

Now as to why we haven't seen them yet: pacing, the nightwave story has only introduced the setup story, no one in it has even been labled as a problem yet. Not the ideal situation, but it is what it is.

Now this is only theorycrafting on my part so take what I've said with a grain of salt.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

> tfw I maxed out like six mote amps literally 2 days ago

Dr.-Who.gif

But seriously, this is the right move, and I'm super glad that we don't have to deal with this challenge any longer as miffed as I am about all that work going to waste!

• Like 3

@[DE]Rebeccathank you for the heads up on the holding challenge, I have a fortune of plage parts I've just been sitting on and not crafting or playing with properly just because of this challenge, the same goes for ayatans which snt great because actually need he endo.   I do note you added the proviso of "this season" so does that mean it's still worth holding on to parts and not actually playing with things incase the challenge comes back in future seasons?

13 hours ago, R4IDEN_ said:

You get atleast 3 forma for free from Nightwave anyway and on top of that with the challenge they also relesed a new prime and 2 new weapons and Plague Star ended not that long ago. Just because you are one of the many lazy long-time players who always cry becasue they have to do something for rewards doesn't mean the rest of the community don't need to forma stuff. I have everything formad atleast 4-6 times and I don't cry because I need to forma something in fact I try out new and different builds that needs forma so its a win-win... you act like as a player who don't have hundreds of forma or resources to craft them btw. 

One of the reasons people hate the forma one is because it creates a wait to play mindset. I thought the Gild and Forma were not going to return, I Polarized a slot 2 days before the new Nightwave started, That means that forma could've contributed to the polarize 3 slots task if I had only waited. Now in future I will just have to wait for the game to tell me it is time to use forma on my weapons and warframes, just as I have to wait for the game to tell me to slot stars in my Ayatan Sculptures so I can turn them in for endo that I need, but now have to wait for.

And then there are the long gaps between new items being released where long time players have nothing to forma, because they have all of their builds the way they want them.

Only 4 to 6 forma on everything? How have you not got 8 to 10 on them yet? Are you not L33t?

I don't think I've ever needed more than 3 to create a perfect build, and that's on maybe 2 or 3 items.

11 hours ago, DesertEagle1280 said:

My concern is the completion requirement for this season - last season I think the "capture fugitives" in mission 'procs' made for a relatively large rep cushion.  This season, with each challenge worth more, I feel like there is a mis-perception regarding the amount of "skip/missable" challenges to rank out. 

Not asking for spoilers for the rest of s2, but speaking generally, is the goal to maintain the "60-65% and you'll rank out" or is the lower number/higher value challenges changing the math on that to require almost full completion?

I did the maths previously. You can achieve rank 30 in 10 weeks by only doing the easy 4.5k challenges and the dailies each week and only1 of the 7 K challenges over the entire time. If you're getting more than 3 ranks a week, you will be fine. No need to panic. if you're doing all the dailies, 4 of the easy and one of the 7k tasks each week, you will get there well before the time is up. Also as you only need 30k per week, that's 69% of the points per week closer to 60% than to 85%.

To make is simple you can skip 2 tasks a week and you'll be fine. If you do all of them one week, you can skip more of them in a later week.

10 hours ago, Kenobi_000001 said:

69% completion.

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Shame. I looked forward to a reason to build different kitguns... Ah, well. 

You are all veterans and i understand if you don't want to format or gild weapons, but for me who didn't do that before it really motivated me. please consider more the newer players, they are really important too.

that's why i think that maybe some of the challenges like gilding & format could be replaced by difficult challenges for high level players

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Damn, I just build 3 Zaws for when this one came back around 🙂

As for the bug, I had it too, but I compleated the 150 melee kills in one mission, got the night wave xp for it but still had the challenge reset. Doing the challenge a second time removed the challenge, and didnt give more points. So it may be a UI thing.